Reseen unseen pictures

218 replies to this topic

Poll: What design you like better? (541 member(s) have cast votes)

So, which design you would prefer for developers to (someday) implement in MW:O?

1. Reseen. They do look cool and still recognizable. I want to see them in game! Or, maybe, their adaptation by Alex! (295 votes [54.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.53%

2. Unseen. The developers must go to another (hopeless) fight with HG over the old design! In the worst case, Alex and only Alex should make new reseen version! (246 votes [45.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.47%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Glythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:31 PM

I think the unseen look so much better but you're never gonna get those old models.....

#42 Bobfrombobtown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 344 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:38 PM

Some of the reseen I like better than the originals, but mostly I prefer the unseen. Especially the Marauder since it was my favorite 'mch when I first played table top and bought the 3rd edition box. If there are two 'mechs whose designs I refuse to compromise on, they are the Marauder and the Warhammer. (Especially since, in my opinion at least, the reseen versions just hurt my soul.)

#43 Beazle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationOahu

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:41 PM

I'm split down the middle. I'd like to see PGI start with the Unseen designs, and do their own re-releases of these mechs. I've been pretty happy with their designs so far, and i think they could do a better job than the artists for the official reseens.

I think it's important to note though, that the reseens weren't just redraws, but redesigns. Those pictures take 3025 designs, and give them updates (for example the Rifleman is equipped with rotary autocannons) as part of the explanation for their updated looks.

#44 RickDiasPK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:42 PM

I voted in favor of the Reseen, and I have some experience with the Unseen from the old days.

Here's my reason: When I see Unseen designs, to me they are not "Wasp, Phoenix Hawk", etc... my mind parses them as machines from Dougram, Macross, and so on. I expect them to behave accordingly, and when they obviously do not this jars me. Having Reseen art immediately helps me parse "That is a BattleMech with X and Y capabilities, not a VF from Macross with A, B, and C capabilities."

#45 Kusak Snowtiger

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 75 posts
  • LocationSkye Ranger's BRIGADE UP

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:42 PM

the unseens will always hold a spot in my heart. I have a large collection of them for the TT game. So in that respect they are always their.

But In all honesty the game isnt the same without them being their. So ill settle for the reseen versions just to have them back. If the Marauder IIc was Fasa's id be more than happy to see her in that form and see what aleix can do with the lady of the battle field. the riflemand IIC yeah no. ill go with the reseen their. But ill take anything I can get to be able to see the classic names and their weapons configs on the field once again.

#46 Thorn Blackwell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 293 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:45 PM

Here is something I've been tinkering with for fun.

Posted Image

Edited by Thorn Blackwell, 01 July 2012 - 03:45 PM.

#47 Undead Bane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

View PostThorn Blackwell, on 01 July 2012 - 03:22 PM, said:

...and I believe were owned by FASA originally.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but most of IIC versions were also made unseen.

And as i've said, taking a single one unseen version as basis will most likely result in HG's agression.

#48 laconic specter

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:59 PM

I voted unseen but really I'm split on a mech by mech basis. For example, I like the unseen Warhammer, the reseen Battlemaster, and would like something of a synthesis between the reseen and unseen Marauder with the unseen marauder's overall configuration but the arm weapon muzzles and cockpit glass of the reseen version.

#49 Thorn Blackwell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 293 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:02 PM

View PostUndead Bane, on 01 July 2012 - 03:55 PM, said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but most of IIC versions were also made unseen.

And as i've said, taking a single one unseen version as basis will most likely result in HG's agression.

Owned as opposed to licensed ... the unseen images were improperly licensed, but I am unaware if the IIc versions were as well. I do know that I bought a number of the IIc variant miniatures long after the original versions were unavailable.

Edited by Thorn Blackwell, 01 July 2012 - 04:03 PM.

#50 TheForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:05 PM

The reseen warhammer makes me want to vom.

#51 Diomed

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 198 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:08 PM

I would love to have my Hammer.

^_^

#52 Nacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 661 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:10 PM

If it wasn't for this thread... I wouldn't have known I had a toy that was part of BattleMech. I grew up with it, thinking it was just some random robot toy and had it for more than 17 years. I nearly threw it away once time. O-o! I've always wanted a MechWarrior toy figure and I just never knew I had one, lol!

It has no Brand nor Company label on it. My mother gave it to me that she picked up from a garage sale. Wasn't in its cover box or anything. So that why I never knew till now.

Posted Image

Thank you. ^_^

#53 Zervziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 907 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:17 PM

Only the Reseen Rifleman, Battlemaster, Phoenix Hawk, and the Longbow don't make me want to rip my eyes out. I'm still on the fence regarding the Reseen Marauder

#54 GrantLF

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:31 PM

I would rather them not go though any more legal trouble.
Though I am in the middle of re/unseen designs some look better some don't on majority scale possibly reseen, but i'm on the fence for the matter.

#55 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

View PostThorn Blackwell, on 01 July 2012 - 03:45 PM, said:

Here is something I've been tinkering with for fun.

Posted Image

Well, since it looks like a marauder ill assume its one, and saying that, in my opinion the upper cannon is far too small :x it looks like its more of a MG.

#56 Endless Ike

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

Unless they can get some permanent waiver for all things Battletech on the Unseen designs (not just a one-off for MWO), I'd rather make a clean break.

SUre it might suck for us, but at least 20 years from now the next generation of mechheads won't be having this same conversation. And I agree that some of the Unseen are so obviously Macross transformers that its distracting. Good riddance to those. The Warhammer, Marauder, Longbow, Archer, Rifleman and other destroids are quality designs, but not worth never-ending legal battles. Use the Reseen and lets get on with our canon and lives.

#57 rance

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:21 PM

Why can't the devs come out with a sticky saying "Here is where we are with Unseen/Reseen." I know a while back (like a couple months) there was a very short quote saying "There is no legal battle over this issue." If that's so, then where do we stand? Are the old iconics going to be Premium mechs that we pay for? Are they going to be introduced over time? It would be easy to lay these threads to rest with just a little comment. I, for one, would miss them were they not to put in an appearance...especially the Warhammer...no other mech (with the exception of Madcat/Timberwolf) says BT to me.

#58 gavin darkskies

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOld Connaught

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

the wasp and stinger unseen are too much like robotech or the old gen 1 transformer jetfire so those i dont like but the other unseens are pretty cool.

#59 laconic specter

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:25 PM

View PostEndless Ike, on 01 July 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

Unless they can get some permanent waiver for all things Battletech on the Unseen designs (not just a one-off for MWO), I'd rather make a clean break.

SUre it might suck for us, but at least 20 years from now the next generation of mechheads won't be having this same conversation. And I agree that some of the Unseen are so obviously Macross transformers that its distracting. Good riddance to those. The Warhammer, Marauder, Longbow, Archer, Rifleman and other destroids are quality designs, but not worth never-ending legal battles. Use the Reseen and lets get on with our canon and lives.

I agree. While the unseens may hold great nostalgia, it would be easier for all of us to just avoid any potential legal issues and run with updated reseens.

#60 Rychard Starheart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 300 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:34 PM

Warhammer, Archer, Battlemaster, Valkrye and Marauder are the only reseens that really need work. the rest look great. If they are limited to the Reseens, Im sure Alex can fix them.

btw, Id totally drop $50 just for the Battlemaster. ^_^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users