• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 339 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 10 April 2015 - 12:07 PM

View PostGyrok, on 10 April 2015 - 12:00 PM, said:

Because the TDR 9S was not just a little "out of line"...it was absurd to have a sniping mech that could brawl as well, or better, than many brawling mechs. The community agreed it was overquirked...when firing 4 ERPPC alpha strikes can happen *in spite of ghost heat* things are broken.

Also, the Clan XL engine does not need a nerf...look at clan and IS balance...how crippled do you want clans to be? Do you even want it to be fair? Should a locust just be able to rack up death star in a single pub queue match with zero effort?

Seriously...get over yourself.

From my point of view, the SCR Streakboat is "out-of-line." One mech can be taken to counter three lights on the enemy team.It seems like you agree then, that more restrictive ghost heat penalties on Clan streaks would be a good way to balance the weapon system.

#122 Novawrecker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 02:51 PM

View Postparman01, on 10 April 2015 - 08:10 AM, said:

Lights are no skill chassis for players that need lag-shield and bad hit detection abuse to stay competitive.

Except that your random wordiness = bullshtako.

I'm no Light Mech pilot expert, but I can tell you it takes skill to pilot very well in those things. It's a lot more than just "run fast". Granted, there are some lights that have some wicked obnoxious hit boxes, but to say it takes no skill usually means your either have never truly piloted a light mech seriously or have some mad Haterade against lights.

Edited by Novawrecker, 10 April 2015 - 02:53 PM.

#123 LordBraxton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:07 PM

View PostHaji1096, on 10 April 2015 - 12:07 PM, said:

From my point of view, the SCR Streakboat is "out-of-line." One mech can be taken to counter three lights on the enemy team.It seems like you agree then, that more restrictive ghost heat penalties on Clan streaks would be a good way to balance the weapon system.

One streakcrow will have a hard time vs two light brawlers, and get slaughtered by 3... so this is a vast overstatement...

Also, it only takes 1 erll light to counter a StreakCrow

The inverse example is also, how many LRM boats does it take to counter 1 light who has gotten within 180m?

Everything has counters in this game.

Also, if the streakcrow runs into my Zeus, he is gonna have a BAD day, as his streaks splatter across my epic frontal armor, and my laser vomit shreds his side torso in one salvo.

#124 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:26 PM

View PostHaji1096, on 10 April 2015 - 11:39 AM, said:

After further review, I did not go far enough with my previous recommendations:
  • Machine Guns should be buffed back to previous level
  • Lights should get free ECM
  • Speed Tweak should increase light speed by 32.2%
  • Jump Jets on lights should be 12.37 times more powerful
The above numbers have been validated by an exhaustive and intensive scientific study. Of course, I will not be providing the study itself because the method I used is proprietary.

Free ECM -

Speed Tweak increase - Light meets Medium.

Jump Jet increase - Here are several UrbanMechs with better Jump Jets.

#125 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:22 PM

View PostWildstreak, on 10 April 2015 - 09:53 AM, said:

Well the Streak Dog must be good, came up a ramp on Mining Collective in an untouched Urbie, around to corner came a Streak Dog who one-shot me.
72 points are supposed to be random but to one-shot an untouched Mech, a lotta those 36 missiles had to go to one spot.
Streak spread is different than LRM or SRM spread.

If you ate a 70 point alpha from any mech you would likely be dead as well.

#126 Gyrok

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:57 PM

View PostHaji1096, on 10 April 2015 - 12:07 PM, said:

Considering that if you have equal skill pilots, 2 firestarters maul a streakcrow...if you are losing 3 on 1, that is all your fault. I might add that in my unit, if 2 "light pilots" in firestarters cannot maul a streakcrow handily, they no longer get the distinction of being a light pilot, they get fired.

Maybe this is literally an example of a scenario where a simple "gitgud" explains this entirely away.

#127 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 10 April 2015 - 06:22 PM

View PostLordBraxton, on 10 April 2015 - 03:07 PM, said:

One streakcrow will have a hard time vs two light brawlers, and get slaughtered by 3... so this is a vast overstatement...

Those are pretty bad examples. How many mechs are there that can effectively fight two players simultaneously? Or three? One player acting alone as a Rambo is kind of supposed to be at a big disadvantage against multiple players who are working together.

#128 Dirus Nigh

• 2,382 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 06:51 PM

View PostEscef, on 07 April 2015 - 08:54 AM, said:

And at the low, low cost of 15 to 18 tons of launchers, active probe, limited ammo, massive heat, and the risk of getting hard countered by 2 mechs with ECM!

You are saying streaks are balanced because it takes two mechs with ECM to take on one mech with streaks?

#129 Dirus Nigh

• 2,382 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 06:58 PM

View PostMirumoto Izanami, on 10 April 2015 - 12:04 PM, said:

Streaks always hit when fired in table top. So unless PGI makes them not fire in a certain state...oh..wait. Streaks are actually the weapon that operates closest in form to its TT counterpart,

No, streaks in TT do not always hit when fired.

Streaks will not fire unless the player rolls a succesful hit, then the SSRM missiles all hit. You do not roll on the chart that determines how many missiles hit.

The best compromise PGI could do to make streaks usable in MWO vs the concept behind TT lore is to have streaks work like in MWLL.

Have the streaks fallow the cross hair or arm ring. That way it really is the pilots aim that matters. To recreate the ammo conservation feature of streaks make it so that streaks will not fire unless the targeted mech is in range. For balance with ECM, make it so that streaks will not fallow the cross hair, or arm ring. However they can still be dumb fired just like standard SRMs.

Now you can fix ECM to make it act like ECM and not the magic you cant see me box.

Edited by Dirus Nigh, 10 April 2015 - 06:59 PM.

#130 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:30 PM

View PostFupDup, on 10 April 2015 - 06:22 PM, said:

Those are pretty bad examples. How many mechs are there that can effectively fight two players simultaneously? Or three? One player acting alone as a Rambo is kind of supposed to be at a big disadvantage against multiple players who are working together.

Laservomit robots?

I'm eyeing a 8 SPL LPL Crow next patch day...Sorry Nova, but this one can alpha strike. At least twice.

61 damage will make short work of 48 IS+A, and the SPLs are pretty sustainable when you don't engage Ghost Heat, and the LPL is heat neutral with 18 DHS.

I guess 60 missile damage is something too....but it relies on the RNG gods rather than hitscan.

#131 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:44 PM

View PostF8Sealed, on 07 April 2015 - 06:12 AM, said:

OP

Yesterday I beat a streakcrow in a duel with one of my Urbies, it was glorious.

#132 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 April 2015 - 12:21 AM

View PostWildstreak, on 10 April 2015 - 09:53 AM, said:

Well the Streak Dog must be good, came up a ramp on Mining Collective in an untouched Urbie, around to corner came a Streak Dog who one-shot me.
72 points are supposed to be random but to one-shot an untouched Mech, a lotta those 36 missiles had to go to one spot.
Streak spread is different than LRM or SRM spread.

I'd say you got owned by the random number generator, which does happen from time to time. I put down a StreakDog in an Urbie yesterday morning... Course, a few games beforehand I also got torn apart by one.

#133 Quxudica

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 12:27 AM

View PostF8Sealed, on 07 April 2015 - 06:12 AM, said:

Lore doesn't make this game fun.

350+ Range with never missing missiles for 60 points of damage wherever you can get a lock. ANDDDDDDDDDDD you can keep moving? This is garbage. That's the equivalent of a dire equipped with 4 guass rifles and the weight on that is insane. I've tried to counter it, I've shutdown my mech. They can still get a lock. I have run around corners hoping that some of the missiles would hit the terrain but there is no way in hell you can avoid those things. I've even climbed one of the pillars on tourmaline to try and ninja the little craps, only to be sniped by the god srms from 300+ meters in the air. Not to mention they are hard as hell to kill with some serious hitboxes. I don't even get why people even bother strapping lasers to the things.
I want counter measures. Muddy pits to drench my mech in, more ecm, some lag time between shots so that you can actually dodge them. I know that everyone in the innersphere is not a complete idiot. There's always a countermeasure.

Eh? Lore? Streaks in MWO do not adhere to lore. at all. A streak is supposed to be the same as a standard SRM, you are still supposed to have to aim it - lead the target and everything else involved. The only difference for the standard streak missile, is if you would miss - you are prevented from firing. Some streaks have limited tracking, but they are supposed to be twice the size (thus 50% less ammo per ton) and I think they only track with NARC.. or is it standard streaks that have limited tracking with NARC..

either way. The lackluster lock on mechanics in MWO have nothing to do with lore.

#134 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 April 2015 - 12:30 AM

View PostDirus Nigh, on 10 April 2015 - 06:51 PM, said:

You are saying streaks are balanced because it takes two mechs with ECM to take on one mech with streaks?

No, I'm saying it's a risk you take in addition to the other drawbacks of the mech. I've had my StreakDog shutdown by a Hellbringer and a D-DC before, guess how ugly that ended for me?

The idea that I said it was in some way the sole balancing factor is farcical and blatantly untrue.

View PostDirus Nigh, on 10 April 2015 - 06:58 PM, said:

Streaks will not fire unless the player rolls a succesful hit, then the SSRM missiles all hit. You do not roll on the chart that determines how many missiles hit.

Bolding for emphasis. So, in other words, they always hit when fired. They may not fire when you'd like them to, but they always hit.

#135 mxlm

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 12:45 AM

Streaks will not fire unless the player rolls a succesful hit, then the SSRM missiles all hit.

Did you actually read your own post?

#136 Mirumoto Izanami

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:22 AM

Sweet mother of Methuselah, the idiocy is strong with this post. In your haste to try and prove someone wrong on the internet, you proved yourself wrong IN YOUR OWN POST.

#137 Quxudica

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:40 AM

View PostMirumoto Izanami, on 11 April 2015 - 03:22 AM, said:

Sweet mother of Methuselah, the idiocy is strong with this post. In your haste to try and prove someone wrong on the internet, you proved yourself wrong IN YOUR OWN POST.

Yeah it's badly worded, but I think what he was trying to say is what I said last page: Streaks are supposed to "miss" just like any other weapon if you don't aim properly, it's just that if you "miss" it doesn't let you fire them. It's supposed to be an ammunition conservation mechanic, but the way they implemented it it's not, it's guaranteed damage every trigger pull without needing to aim.

#138 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:47 AM

You understood him. In BT: Streaks just shoot when they they hit. Else no heat and no ammo consumption.

There is no way to see if a fired missels will hit in MWO. So the way it is in this game is a good way to do it. A streakcrow is not abel to win a 1 vs 1 against an IS medium. Streaks have a Long reload time, they spread and make a lot of heat. Streakcrows are just against Light. Good light pilots lure the streak into enemy mechs or cover. Just idiots get hit by em. So what are you talking about?

#139 Khan Warlock Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 392 posts
  • LocationThe Grey Wolves Den

Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:17 AM

Well you know my mech has 2 laser things and if I aim good they hit things and if I hit them often enough they sometimes damage them, and once in a while if im really really lucky and my laser things hit often enough that other mech kinda blows up.... I guess my laser things are OP and should be nerfed.

In other words "Man the F88K up" its a game people shoot at you and you die. Yes some builds do some things really well. Some mechs are just not that great whatever the build. But a good pilot can make even a bad mech playable. But a bad pilot in a bad build or in some cases even in a good build will struggle. That's not a reason to alter the game. If you don't like your mech exploding my suggestion would be go and play lego or something. Don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.

Have a great day OP

Edited by Khan Warlock Kell, 11 April 2015 - 04:18 AM.

#140 Darth Digger

Rookie

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 05:25 AM

in lore S-SRM always hit. If not .. they dont even fire. Thats the lore by the boardgame and also in the novels i read.
Here the S-SRM dont fire ifi have look. But they run smooth into a rock or any mud or something else they can miss and they do.

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users