329 replies to this topic

#241 Kuritaclan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:26 AM

View PostAphoticus, on 16 April 2015 - 06:12 AM, said:

Well, I am sorry to say this, but after reading this entire thread, you all failed to account for the Range Module that puts C-SSRM's out to 396m.

I think we need to re-argue this entire thread, everything is based on the wrong distance of streaks.

Sorry I didn't get to this thread sooner...it's a real shame.

This 10% with 180m/s is not that high, as you think. Do the math for the interception point you loss lock of srms with a 150kp/h light and the stormcrow chasing. It is realy interessting but i do not wanna loot your fun to play with the numbers. Also you should try to find out how much volleys you can shoot within the C-BAP rang if the crow does not chase/in if the crow chase - think of the time you follow, and think of the distance the crow and the light go in this time - sometime such chase lands in the enemy fokus fire ya know. Bring the numbers to the table and include 70% accuracy btw.

#242 Shae Starfyre

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationThe Fringe

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:35 AM

View PostKuritaclan, on 16 April 2015 - 06:26 AM, said:

This 10% with 180m/s is not that high, as you think. Do the math for the interception point you loss lock of srms with a 150kp/h light and the stormcrow chasing. It is realy interessting but i do not wanna loot your fun to play with the numbers. Also you should try to find out how much volleys you can shoot within the C-BAP rang if the crow does not chase/in if the crow chase - think of the time you follow, and think of the distance the crow and the light go in this time - sometime such chase lands in the enemy fokus fire ya know. Bring the numbers to the table and include 70% accuracy btw.

I am just trolling. Game is game; not life or death. or third world problems.

#243 Sigilum Sanctum

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:41 AM

View PostGyrok, on 16 April 2015 - 05:18 AM, said:

As I recall...streaks never "streamed" in any MW game...

Considering I literally finished a mw4:m play through just the other night, I'm pretty sure they did.

#244 Kuritaclan

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:52 AM

View PostAphoticus, on 16 April 2015 - 06:35 AM, said:

I am just trolling. Game is game; not life or death. or third world problems.

:) - indeed - but it is interessting.

View PostShinVector, on 16 April 2015 - 05:35 AM, said:

Careful this dude like to mis-represent facts.
I didn't mentioned earlier.. But since he keeps stating over and over...
What he means by volleys is me staggering my Alpha to avoid ghost heat...

Cored hellbringer actually dies in 2.5 Alphas.

I won't defend what gyrok said, but just a question, do you think you have had won this game, if you would have droped in another crow? I do not want to remove any credit, but I just wanna talk the game situation, - since you were in the scr you could do nothing at the start of the match. 3:30 minute later and thankfully the lights crossed your position you than had the chance to get value out of your mech, non or less you were in the defense position. By that time you were down 1 teammember you could have shot a uav and put some valuable damage into the enemys not to mention you lost the high ground. All the kills i see would have been doable with any other stormcrow. Also it should be noted, that while 1118 damge done looks impressiv it isn't. The direwolf for example has taken if i count correctly 444 damage to go down, while you were most time in his back.

Edited by Kuritaclan, 16 April 2015 - 06:55 AM.

#245 Shae Starfyre

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationThe Fringe

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:02 AM

Acutally, now that I think about it. I, mean, I always put that module on for clan streaks, and it just feels like I am getting a little extra out of it (works better on my Hellbringer in terms of being within range with my cmlasers).

But, yea, when light hunting you want to start pulling the trigger more like around 270m to 300m anything greater, and there's a better chance to avoid the streaks; that is if you even want to pull it at long range engagements (and I consider that long range when firing at a light); I prefer streaks fired at lights at less than 100m depending on terrain and their movement, of course.

Edited by Aphoticus, 16 April 2015 - 07:07 AM.

#246 Kuritaclan

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:26 AM

I see you did the math. ;) Non or less the range module is a good fit, otherwise your engage range would be smaller.

Edited by Kuritaclan, 16 April 2015 - 07:27 AM.

#247 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:39 AM

View PostKuritaclan, on 16 April 2015 - 06:52 AM, said:

:) - indeed - but it is interessting.

I won't defend what gyrok said, but just a question, do you think you have had won this game, if you would have droped in another crow? I do not want to remove any credit, but I just wanna talk the game situation, - since you were in the scr you could do nothing at the start of the match. 3:30 minute later and thankfully the lights crossed your position you than had the chance to get value out of your mech, non or less you were in the defense position. By that time you were down 1 teammember you could have shot a uav and put some valuable damage into the enemys not to mention you lost the high ground. All the kills i see would have been doable with any other stormcrow. Also it should be noted, that while 1118 damge done looks impressiv it isn't. The direwolf for example has taken if i count correctly 444 damage to go down, while you were most time in his back.

Have you noticed that ping ? I say... Lasers do not work that well with high ping really no idea...
The game would have played out very differently.

Basic crow.. No UAV. No ARt... No weapon moduile.. Jus seismic.
Just moving around like jerk shooting off Homing LBX.
If you also want to say damage, kills, match score vs. the whole team means nothing...
Please continue to having your opinion.. I have nothing to say about it...

What I am saying is.. Contrary some people are trying to say which that Streakcrow is laughable.
Basically what I saying is laugh all you want, when I random 60 LBX damage smashes into your face when you are preoccupied with something else...
It is a indirect close range brawler that can wreck people... Hardly weak or laughable if played correctly.
From tonight.

Posted Image

Edited by ShinVector, 16 April 2015 - 07:44 AM.

#248 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:07 AM

View PostShinVector, on 16 April 2015 - 07:39 AM, said:

Have you noticed that ping ? I say... Lasers do not work that well with high ping really no idea...

If you also want to say damage, kills, match score vs. the whole team means nothing...

What I am saying is.. Contrary some people are trying to say which that Streakcrow is laughable.
Basically what I saying is laugh all you want, when I random 60 LBX damage smashes into your face when you are preoccupied with something else...
It is a indirect close range brawler that can wreck people... Hardly weak or laughable if played correctly.
From tonight.

Posted Image

So your argument is that it is most effective because your ping sucks and lasers are less effective for you.

Ok...I can understand that argument. However, that does not make the mech OP...

I had a 1300 damage match with 6 kills in an unbasic'ed ice fridge with only 5 ERMLs...is anyone claiming that mech is OP? Anecdotal or otherwise...? No.

#249 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:07 AM

View PostRoadkill, on 15 April 2015 - 07:57 PM, said:

And that's the only thing it does well. Streakcrows cower from everything else until they find a Light they can engage safely.

Rock-paper-scissors. Lights are rock. Streakcrows are paper. The problem is that there are 3 scissors in this game - Mediums, Heavies, and Assaults.

If you're getting eaten by Streakcrows, you need to re-think your tactics. What are you doing so far from your team that a Streakcrow can wreck you before your team can help you? It needs at least 20 seconds! I only wish my Assaults could live 20 seconds in battle.

And if the Streakcrow charges through your team to kill you before dying gloriously, you won that engagement. That could have been a far more dangerous Wubcrow, and you just eliminated it simply by being present.

Streakcrows have TWO jobs in a group.

Kill lights...put Streaks on chainfire to cockpit-shake other mechs to let your teammates secure a kill. That's really it. It's super niche...but saying it "doesn't work" Gyrok is pretty disengenuous, lol.

#250 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:12 AM

View PostGyrok, on 16 April 2015 - 08:07 AM, said:

I had a 1300 damage match with 6 kills in an unbasic'ed ice fridge with only 5 ERMLs...is anyone claiming that mech is OP? Anecdotal or otherwise...? No.

Is getting 1300 damage with that mech a consistent thing with you? Somehow I doubt it.

Any crap mech can have an amazing game. Doing so consistently, and easily? Doesn't make it OP...but it says to me the pilot knows what it does best and it working to set up those situations.

#251 Gyrok

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:22 AM

View PostGhost Badger, on 16 April 2015 - 08:07 AM, said:

Streakcrows have TWO jobs in a group.

Kill lights...put Streaks on chainfire to cockpit-shake other mechs to let your teammates secure a kill. That's really it. It's super niche...but saying it "doesn't work" Gyrok is pretty disengenuous, lol.

Not my quote...?

View PostGhost Badger, on 16 April 2015 - 08:12 AM, said:

Is getting 1300 damage with that mech a consistent thing with you? Somehow I doubt it.

Any crap mech can have an amazing game. Doing so consistently, and easily? Doesn't make it OP...but it says to me the pilot knows what it does best and it working to set up those situations.

Actually...I am unsure how...but that specific fridge is like my 2nd highest KDR of any mech I play...with over 60-70 matches dropped in it so far...lol!

It leaves me scratching my head...because I am not really all the crazy about the mech...but it just seems to have good games...a lot...

#252 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:24 AM

View PostGyrok, on 14 April 2015 - 06:25 AM, said:

Just a technicality...Streakcrow is 5 launchers...

Also, another technicality...if you wanted to take the time to have omnipods configured, you could have had as many launchers as you wanted with whatever...because omnipods.

Otherwise...carry on :P

Phew. Thanks Gyrok. I thought I was losing my mind (and may be, but for another thread perhaps) or that Smurfy's was busted. 6 x 6ssrms SC's? WTF!

It is all good now. :)

#253 Kuritaclan

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:26 AM

From tonight.

High ping is your border. Ok i get it. It is your handicap and so you need to do it this way. If you would not have such a ping what would be your awnser.

"If you also want to say damage, kills, match score vs. the whole team means nothing..." - Can you show your acc stats of the ssrm crow. I would be interessted in. I changed my loadouts quit a bit and never played seriously ssrm crows outside of cw. Show me those and then we can talk.

#254 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:28 AM

View PostGyrok, on 16 April 2015 - 08:22 AM, said:

Not my quote...?

Shoulda used more punctuation, I was in a rush. I was responding to the quote, and then, separately, your general dismissive tone towards Streakcrows.

I'm not on the "OP" bandwagon...but it seems like every time someone questions the power of a Clan mech you instantly jump to the other extreme.

Streakcrows have significant disadvantages against larger mechs...but against lights they wreck face. Consistently, and easily. If you're arguing against that, you're kidding yourself.

#255 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:35 AM

View PostKuritaclan, on 16 April 2015 - 08:26 AM, said:

High ping is your border. Ok i get it. It is your handicap and so you need to do it this way. If you would not have such a ping what would be your awnser.

"If you also want to say damage, kills, match score vs. the whole team means nothing..." - Can you show your acc stats of the ssrm crow. I would be interessted in. I changed my loadouts quit a bit and never played seriously ssrm crows outside of cw. Show me those and then we can talk.

Cheers.

If I didn't have high ping... I aim to Laser Headshot every mech I see !
Still wait for PGI to fix Lasers HSR.. Been complaining about it for the last 3 years. ;)

Posted Image

Just so you know...
I didn't want to pollute my main account with clan trash so, that my ALT.
My MWO motto and gameplay style is speed, agility accuracy and Inner Sphere...

So I go with Lasers and Ballistics just that high ping often make things good wonky..

My current favoured light Chassis.. The Panther !

Ballistics... The assault rifle...
[media][/emdia]

Edited by ShinVector, 16 April 2015 - 08:56 AM.

#256 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,611 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:37 AM

SSRMs were the most balanced in MechWarrior 3. They hit really hard, but were pretty easy for a Light to Heavy mech to dodge due to the SSRMs having a very wide turning radius. They targeted the mech's center mass and hit whatever they encountered first rather than PGI's "hit any section with a 12-14% chance, but all missiles hit" method.

The best part about the MechWarrior 3 SSRM system was that they tested the Skills of both pilots. Aiming them and dodging them. So much fun. My old Unit became infamous for SSRMs.

#257 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:39 AM

Can you imagine if the turn radius on SSRM's were slow enough that you could run perpendicular to give your AMS time to shoot them all down? That'd be kinda fun :)

#258 Gyrok

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 09:12 AM

View PostGhost Badger, on 16 April 2015 - 08:28 AM, said:

Shoulda used more punctuation, I was in a rush. I was responding to the quote, and then, separately, your general dismissive tone towards Streakcrows.

I'm not on the "OP" bandwagon...but it seems like every time someone questions the power of a Clan mech you instantly jump to the other extreme.

Streakcrows have significant disadvantages against larger mechs...but against lights they wreck face. Consistently, and easily. If you're arguing against that, you're kidding yourself.

I never said they were not effective against lights...

I did say the "Streak crow 1 shots the crap out of everything..." was blatant sensationalist hyperbole, and flatly untrue, because most lights take 3-5 volleys, occasionally more...

I would just like to point out, the reason so many people get butt hurt over the streak crow is likely because there are so many terrible, low skill players that cannot aim beam weapons to save their life, and so lasers seem less powerful against lights. The fact is...lasers are more powerful against lights. If someone keeps a single laser vomit volley on a single ST on a light mech, it pops...period, even a Cicada at 40 tons. A streak crow could never pull that off...ever...

I said they were uneffective against mostly anything about SCR size or bigger, as well.

View PostGhost Badger, on 16 April 2015 - 08:39 AM, said:

Can you imagine if the turn radius on SSRM's were slow enough that you could run perpendicular to give your AMS time to shoot them all down? That'd be kinda fun :)

LOL!

#259 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 16 April 2015 - 09:21 AM

From tonight.

Posted Image

700 should be what you expect because of the nature of the weapon system.

1000 is pretty easy with streaks, you just need to fire ~550 missiles. (due to some hitting things, or stumps as you destroy a component).

I don't see too many kills though. Also to be expected.

#260 Kuritaclan

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 April 2015 - 09:32 AM

View PostShinVector, on 16 April 2015 - 08:35 AM, said:

If I didn't have high ping... I aim to Laser Headshot every mech I see !
Still wait for PGI to fix Lasers HSR.. Been complaining about it for the last 3 years. ;)

Posted Image

Just so you know...
I didn't want to pollute my main account with clan trash so, that my ALT.

Well i was courious about your w/l ratio. But when this account has only 19 games played, it is hardly up to any meaning - it doesn't say anything about the ssrm crow with such a short database. 567 avg damage is ok i guess for a streakcrow, but it does not tell a good story.

well 942 damage 1 kill pretty unimpressiv and out of ammo at the end (btw the number i typ is incorrect i started with 600 SSRMs)
if i compare it to my other crows like my 3 C-ErML+4SRM6A

i'm not that impressed by the ssrm crow.

They have a niche role, where they perform great, but in other situations it is pretty dicey, since you can not engage in a poke situation, because you do not have influence on it with the Streakcrow and in best szenario the light wil come to you do get blown up.

I do also play the ssrm crow when i have my >250 ping, but it is no pleasure, since you have no active role to perform.

Edited by Kuritaclan, 16 April 2015 - 09:34 AM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users