Patch Notes - 1.3.386 - 07-Apr-2015

94 replies to this topic

#81 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:40 PM

Community Warfare Maps are now available in Testing Grounds.

THIS IS GOOD.

In Community Warfare, players can now see what map they are dropping into once the 1-minute countdown begins.

In Community Warfare, the save loadout button will be greyed out during the last 10 seconds of the countdown.

This is crap.

If you do not want us to adjust our decks to the map then DO NOT GIVE US THAT OPTION AT ALL.
If you want us to adjust our decks to the map let us do it while we WAIT and talk about tactics.

As it is there is a long period of boredom and then a 60 second (50 second now) alarm where people cuss and try to call back afk people and adjust their drop decks in a uneccessary hurry. People are pissed when they drop with half completed decks.

What advantage does this system offer? For you or the players?
It is just inconvenient and stupid. It is making people angry. For no gain that I can see.
If there is a gain, please explain your reasons.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 07 April 2015 - 04:46 PM.

#82 M A S E

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 142 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:05 PM

Thank you Alex and PGI team. Lots of stuff I have reported over time has been resolved in the last 3 months. Keep them comin'!!

Monies well spent.

#83 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:14 PM

View PostMolossian Dog, on 07 April 2015 - 04:40 PM, said:

• THIS IS GOOD.

This is crap.

If you do not want us to adjust our decks to the map then DO NOT GIVE US THAT OPTION AT ALL.
If you want us to adjust our decks to the map let us do it while we WAIT and talk about tactics.

As it is there is a long period of boredom and then a 60 second (50 second now) alarm where people cuss and try to call back afk people and adjust their drop decks in a uneccessary hurry. People are pissed when they drop with half completed decks.

What advantage does this system offer? For you or the players?
It is just inconvenient and stupid. It is making people angry. For no gain that I can see.
If there is a gain, please explain your reasons.

This is all spot on.

There is no logical reason to give us 60 seconds to adjust deck. You want people to be cool with 10+ minutes waiting for a drop but they need to be staring fixedly at the screen, fingers poised the whole time?

That's just stupid.

#84 Egotripster

Banned - Cheating

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:33 PM

Time to bring out the Dragons. My 5N is gonna be sick!

#85 Grey Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 661 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:54 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 07 April 2015 - 09:15 AM, said:

The UAC Jam Chance Quirk was miscalculated in the previous patch. These Quirks have been adjusted so that they have the intended result:
  • CDA-3M: UAC Jam Chance -30%
  • DRG-5N/5N(C): UAC Jam Chance -30%
  • JM6-DD: UAC Jam Chance -30%
  • CTF-3D/3D(C): UAC Jam Chance -20%
  • ENF-5P: UAC Jam Chance -30%

Why did the only Mech in this group (JM6-DD) which can mount 3 UAC/5's get such a high value? It can easily hold 90-100 salvos (270-300 rounds) of ammo with 3 UAC/5's equipped, and at near max armor to boot. Seems excessive to me, these quirk buffs should have varied on capacity.

• CDA-3M: UAC Jam Chance -40%
  • DRG-5N/5N(C): UAC Jam Chance -35%
  • JM6-DD: UAC Jam Chance -20%
  • CTF-3D/3D(C): UAC Jam Chance -30%
  • ENF-5P: UAC Jam Chance -30%

A better idea might have been to make a UAC Jam Module with -4% per level (Max -20%), and have the quirks look something like this.

• CDA-3M: UAC Jam Chance -20%
  • DRG-5N/5N(C): UAC Jam Chance -15%
  • JM6-DD: UAC Jam Chance -20% Removed
  • CTF-3D/3D(C): UAC Jam Chance -10%
  • ENF-5P: UAC Jam Chance -10%

Something to that effect.

#86 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:36 PM

Several collision ("invisible wall") improvements in multiple maps.

Which ones, exactly? You keep doing this vague **** as if it was cute. It is not. These are patch notes, they are supposed to be as detailed as humanly possible.

#87 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:59 AM

View Postmrripley9, on 07 April 2015 - 02:36 PM, said:

"This engine as negative tonnage."

That's... not physically possible.

Its because PGI couldnt be bothered to create zero tonnage heatsinks. All engine weights in TT include the required 10 heatsinks, but when they have a rating under 250 the extra ones must be stored outside the engine. PGI just took the shortcut of reducing the weight of the engine by the number of external heatsinks it would have to mount so they didnt have to make special heatsinks. (fair enough). That means the 60 rated engine in the Urbie had 8 tons subtracted from its TT weight due to the 8 heatinks it has to mount outside the engine, giving it a negative weight. Its the only way the Stock build works.

#88 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 08 April 2015 - 01:12 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 07 April 2015 - 05:14 PM, said:

This is all spot on.

There is no logical reason to give us 60 seconds to adjust deck. You want people to be cool with 10+ minutes waiting for a drop but they need to be staring fixedly at the screen, fingers poised the whole time?

That's just stupid.

How can they give more time, without increasing the wait time after the match is formed? it chooses the map AFTER the match is formed, so prior to that the information required to adjust your deck is not available. It is a bit short, and for now im using pretty limited deck options (just swapping between variants of the same chassis) to make it easier. Once wave 3 is released im going to have to have a bit of paper on my desk with the chassis/variants for each map defend/attack. Might be nice to get that 60s increased to 90 or 120 - but people would complain about the extra wait time.

I assume the greyed out save button for 10s is to fix a bug of some kind where it is giving people trials by mistake when they save too late? at a guess anyway.

#89 EM0ntY

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 April 2015 - 01:34 AM

I started the patch today and after the patch files itself were downloaded pretty fast, the patching took "hours". I stopped the client from patching and after running the repairing tool I have now to download the entire game :-( I hope everything is going to be cool after that...
Anyway, did you guys experienced also that long patching time?

Edited by EM0ntY, 08 April 2015 - 02:02 AM.

#90 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:08 AM

• Community Warfare Maps are now available in Testing Grounds.

Query:

Does that mean they are also available for private matches?

You know, to do some actual training.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 08 April 2015 - 02:08 AM.

#91 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 03:10 AM

View Postmrripley9, on 07 April 2015 - 02:36 PM, said:

"This engine as negative tonnage."

That's... not physically possible.

There's no XL60 yet, but this explains everything neatly.Posted Image

#92 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 08 April 2015 - 06:08 AM

The patch worked fine for me.

Painted the new mechs and tried the hero out in the new CW map in Training Grounds. Map looks great. And stock build was fun, but I wouldn't use it in a real PUG match.

Although I did see the odd Urbie "slowly" following along behind their group. Poor buggers didn't stand a chance. But I also got swarmed once or twice by upgraded Urbies running in packs. Looked like fun.

The CTFs still seem kinda squishy, but better than before. I may switch back to XL engines so I can add some more fire power and see how that goes. Then gotta save up the C-bills for the Urbie upgrades.

PS: The lag shield on some mechs is still a bit nuts. (Panther for example) The Medium and up mechwarrior in me would like to see that fixed. The Light mechwarrior in me enjoys the extra survivability. I'm so torn. ^_^

#93 Morsule

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 02:56 PM

very pretty map - that's in a good direction.

Another horrible design with the still horrible CW game modes.

Pretty + Bad still equals Bad

#94 happy mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 04:06 AM

Incoming forces will find their freedom to maneuver quickly restricted by the tall cliff faces that serve to funnel invaders into the base’s two narrow entrances.

3rd new map, really?

:(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users