How do you choose what you want?

#163 Der Kopfsammler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 239 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:07 PM

Ugh... finding groups for specific numbers is harder than i tought... i could use some time extension for this one... :(

#164 Trainee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 07:02 PM

I finished this in 3 hours last night. The larger groups were usually against some clan that stomped us. Making some people have to redo it. Well in one instance everyone but me lol. As I got down to the last few, it became really hard to find a group I needed.

So I took some initiative, and made my own group. Every time someone came into group, I told them what # we were dropping with. Took maybe 5 minutes to fill it out. I did learn the trick of leaving the lfg que after getting enough people, so we didn't have anyone extra come in.

The closer we get to the end, the harder it will be to find a specific sized group. I would suggest making your own.

Other than some oft stated problems with the tool, I found it pretty fun. Made some new friends, and had a good time even with getting stomped occasionally. Still trying to decide if I want the cockpit item...

#165 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 12 April 2015 - 08:03 PM

Pretty entertaining. Didn't feel like I have to blow my brains out in order to score.

Awaiting my chance to select my final prize. :)

Edited by Commander A9, 12 April 2015 - 08:03 PM.

#166 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 April 2015 - 08:51 PM

View PostEAP10, on 12 April 2015 - 05:53 PM, said:

well thats the problem
you dont

you gather as many people as you might need
hope they ready up in time, if ever :ph34r:
and be able to find a match before someone else joins or leaves
starting the whole thing again

#167 Moshi

• PipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 11:26 PM

not sure what people are having issues with the LFG tool. my boyfriend started a private group and invited me through LFG. for the next match he invited another unit member through LFG. then we'd invite people one at a time and got the groups done easily- 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 6, 8, 9, 10 then 12. just dont leave the group open and public....

Edited by Moshi, 12 April 2015 - 11:39 PM.

#168 Moshi

• PipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 11:38 PM

View PostEAP10, on 12 April 2015 - 05:53 PM, said:

as in choose the final reward? go here http://mwomercs.com/...s?t=201504group and scroll down

#169 anfadern

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 270 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 April 2015 - 11:41 PM

The Island in mine
=)

#170 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:16 AM

Done. Thanks!
I made very good frendships, also encountered weird sociopaths (according to The American Heritage® New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition) ...

#171 EAP10

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 401 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:40 AM

View PostMoshi, on 12 April 2015 - 11:38 PM, said:

as in choose the final reward? go here http://mwomercs.com/...s?t=201504group and scroll down

Thanks.

#172 FlipOver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:40 AM

As a group leader, every time people joined the group i would paste teh following: "Going for number # and up" just to let them know what we were doing.
Now, when I typed that and even so someone was holding back to press ready and others joined after and had the ready button pressed, I had no choice but to kick the ones who weren't ready to prevent all others from waiting for one person to put ready.

Now, that didn't feel good but didn't feel bad either. I did what I had to do for the group (especially easy to do when the group was 5+).

Also I found it interesting when some people would hang with the group match after match as I decided to let them know every time before a match what we would be doing next (sometimes even during the match itself). So I'd type something like: "Next match will be number X + 1".
This helped retain a few players and even though we didn't knnow each other, we worked together and were able to do all the missing matches.

About the final prize: There is no clear information of where to get the item choice, and most players think it is either in-game or either in the challenges page.
I know for a fact that some players in my unit have completed the challenge but are yet to pick their final prize. Just hope this option is still available after the completion of the challenge or many of them won't be at home in time to pick the item they worked for this weekend.

#173 technopredator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:44 AM

WTF with the server? I did 6 with 41 score and didn't count! YES I waited, a freaking HOUR

Edited by technopredator, 13 April 2015 - 08:19 AM.

#174 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:49 AM

The Islander drop deck? Mechs, who cares. But most importantly, they're carrying an Island, 2 Hula Girls and a Coconut Monkey, all of them free. :)

#175 HelBound

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 126 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:53 AM

Finished this pretty quickly Friday night. Did 2 and 6 Saturday morning. The community certainly was busy. Did most drops with assorted RCT groups.

After I finished I opened up a group in LFG and ran the following rules, copied and pasted every time someone joined.
"I don't care for numbers, only good drops. When the board is green we launch."

We launch as soon as everyone readied, if one person was holding up the line they got a 5 second count down and were booted. During the 1.5hrs I ran that group we had excellent drops. Everyone got their points (if needed) and we won game after game.

Most people we on VOIP, some weren't. Almost everyone listened, took lead a few times and people were responsive.

All in all a good weekend. Ran into the occasional group where people didnt want to push and only traded....hate those groups. If you are up 6-2 push god damnit.

Edited by HelBound, 13 April 2015 - 07:55 AM.

#176 Xenon Codex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 575 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Over the Rainbow

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:15 AM

Only glitch I ran into was one game where we launched as a 12-man, I got my points but it didn't show up on the challenge page after a while. Went back to the announcement page and saw it counted that game as an 11-man group. So where's my 11-man prize PGI???

#177 Gladewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 464 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:40 AM

...let's try something like...groups over 6 or something along those lines....trying to hit specific numbers is just leaving people looking like a bunch of rage quitting children, when all they are trying to do is get what they need......I really made an attempt to be helpful early on....but now, that's left me having hit random numbers I don't need about 15 times, while still missing two I need.....

#178 technopredator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:47 AM

PGI should wise the *** up and unload stupid burden from players:
- we should have had (feel free to correct my grammar) an option to select the group number when creating it, so people would see it in the title a group wowuld have and join the appropriated 1.
- a FILTER, to only show the groups I'm missing ONLY
- an incentive to help others what about 50K C-Bills, a paint job for your mech, or something?
- Fix your damn server to properly register.

I got all of them but it was a PIA. The easiest way to complete groups was, at least for me, to create a group and write every time a player joined what number I was going for, so the players they joined, a lot of unnecessary writing, if my common-sense ideas above would had been implemented or even thought about it, which is once again proof that common-sense is not that common.

Edited by technopredator, 13 April 2015 - 08:59 AM.

#179 John Bethune

• Pip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:56 AM

It was fascinating - egomaniacs 1, community 0 and the LFG system is a complete failure.
Lovely how you have yet again proven that your servers and matchmaking are to be considered kids toys by the way.
Dear Devs, this Weekend was interesting as many of us players re-re-re-restarted tries to grab a sense in starting something like a community - and turned back to "oh let the voicekommkids go for CW and i will turn back to the old pug-but-noiseless".
Thanks.

No thanks.

Maybe you should run your current servers for PuG and move your cw/"League" players to some serious cluster.

P.S.: 3 Day of competing, 2 of which helping others finiosh the things i had achieved on the first day and no friggin Teams of the needed sizes left. Hence the intro.

Edited by John Bethune, 13 April 2015 - 09:03 AM.

#180 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:58 AM

As much as i would like the island , i will take the MCs. I will need them for my Wolf camos, colors and decals :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users