198 replies to this topic

#141 ulrin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 12:08 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 09 April 2015 - 03:25 PM, said:

Looking for Group is not required but it certainly will help those who need to find more players as well as get people familiar with the LFG feature.

To be perfectly clear, if you play in the right size group and get the right match score (for the mode), you will earn the rewards.

Grand total Prizes (per player) for a minimum 10 matches
  • 1,000,000 C-bills
  • 300 GXP
  • 3 days premium time
  • 4 x C-bill Airstrike
  • 4 x C-bill UAV
  • 4 x C-bill Cool shot
  • and your choice of cockpit item or 500 mc

hi,
Ty PGI for thoose events, both was fun
Just note the 4x C-Bill cunsumable, and remember some event in wich ppl ask for that...
Well done PGI

EDIT:
Dont u speak about free gorgoyle for ppl who's eye's suffering after all that yellow?

REEDIT:
I forgot the totally need for this game to have Mantis color glowing in the dark !!

Edited by ulrin, 12 April 2015 - 01:44 AM.

#142 Catra Lanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 April 2015 - 12:42 AM

No it wasn't fun. People promising to hang around for #7 if we only ran #6 first but finding an excuse after the match. People calling groupleaders names because they didn't intend to run the right size, at least not this time around, people joining and leaving within seconds messing things up. People geting booted even if they had done no wrong.

If the intention was to bring the community togheter I applaud the intention but not the execution. The ability to name the groups and preset the size would have gone a long way to solving these problems. They should have implemented those features first OR done the challenge so you only had to play 11 matches regardless of group size. Developers need to take human nature into consideration to a higher degree. Things might look great on paper as long as the human factor is removed from the equation.

Edited by Catra Lanis, 12 April 2015 - 12:43 AM.

#143 brissifu

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 12:45 AM

Thanks JSTR but I still do not see where I can choose from there, it just show my achivement on groups, nothing about the choice or achievement on the island/MC :(

#144 brissifu

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:34 AM

Ok, I found it even if it is badly signaled, main event page, after the board...

#145 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:58 AM

The Island is the first cockpit clutter item I've actually wanted. It now has pride of place in my Ilya Murmets.

Thanks for the event, PGI.

#146 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 12 April 2015 - 03:03 AM

Interesting event.
Pub drop LFG is terrible, now its a group of random solos playing against teams on comms lol
CW LFG awesome, great way to get more players into a already formed group.

#147 Wooosch

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:06 AM

So....where to start?
The LFG tool lacks the option to lock groups, most time you spend on waiting and canceling the MM, because someone joined in the last minute.
next thing: am i the only one who suffers from severe fps drops when using this tool? solo/grp drop: i have 50-60 fps, using the lfg tool i went down to 18....

#148 Anoctris

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationHamley Bridge, South Australia

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:12 AM

Some problems I noted today:

- I couldn't get a match in Lights in the solo queue. --What was the point in me investing in Lights if I can't get quick matches now?
- LFG puts me (Light) in an Assault Lance
- LFG puts our group (10+) on the field without a full Assault Lance.
- No where in LFG to signal/communicate what size/type of match I'm looking for // no way to browse formed groups intentions - whole thing is hit and miss. Come on guys, Blizz had this sorted by 2007.

#149 happy mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:26 AM

View PostAnoctris, on 12 April 2015 - 05:12 AM, said:

Some problems I noted today:

- I couldn't get a match in Lights in the solo queue. --What was the point in me investing in Lights if I can't get quick matches now?
- LFG puts me (Light) in an Assault Lance
- LFG puts our group (10+) on the field without a full Assault Lance.
- No where in LFG to signal/communicate what size/type of match I'm looking for // no way to browse formed groups intentions - whole thing is hit and miss. Come on guys, Blizz had this sorted by 2007.

because light queue is full of urbies

use group chat to communicate your group to get more assaults or different match type, easy, the lfg was in just now, so this event was about gathering feedback, i am sure it will be improved

lfg worked flawlessly for me, though the quality of matches was terrible sometimes, due to the hectic nature of the event and groups being only for short time, though it was an experience nonetheless :) (never been cursing so much)

a lance event would be great again, with lower and upper tonnage limit, but i like these aimed-at-specific-aspect-of-gameplay events
(like this http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4344018 ?)

#150 Kuritaclan

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:19 AM

PGI next time if you come up with such a great idea do not take the premium time price on a spot in the middle - from a gain perspective, you would start this event with a 9man group in best case and then what? fill up to 10 to 12, and after this kick 4 players? Or start with 9 and kick one after another to get the groupsize down to two. Not very appealing.

So next time just give away the prem time with the least achivable way, so it then can be used in the rest of the event.

#151 happy mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:35 AM

View PostKuritaclan, on 12 April 2015 - 06:19 AM, said:

PGI next time if you come up with such a great idea do not take the premium time price on a spot in the middle - from a gain perspective, you would start this event with a 9man group in best case and then what? fill up to 10 to 12, and after this kick 4 players? Or start with 9 and kick one after another to get the groupsize down to two. Not very appealing.

So next time just give away the prem time with the least achivable way, so it then can be used in the rest of the event.

my order of qualifying matches: 12, 7, 8, 10, 6, 3, 4, 2, 5, 9
no problem, just ask "2 5?" for example, if people agree, group, if not, find another, you can also close the group and invite only

#152 Catra Lanis

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 April 2015 - 10:02 AM

I felt bad for kicking people who had done nothing wrong, they just wanted to play.

#153 Kuritaclan

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 April 2015 - 10:28 AM

View Posthappy mech, on 12 April 2015 - 09:35 AM, said:

my order of qualifying matches: 12, 7, 8, 10, 6, 3, 4, 2, 5, 9
no problem, just ask "2 5?" for example, if people agree, group, if not, find another, you can also close the group and invite only

I have also a suboptimal order of achiving it. - Anyway my intention was to give the premium time some meaning for the full event, without the need to hurt the group. If you do it your way as your example you didn't used the premium time in the event at all. This is what i complained about.

Edited by Kuritaclan, 12 April 2015 - 10:28 AM.

#154 Firecrafter

• PipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 28 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIndiana, United States

Posted 12 April 2015 - 10:50 AM

That challenge was a nightmare (I did finish though), I feel that it relied too much on players not being selfish unless you had a group of 12 players who were willing to rotate out to get all of the group sizes done.

#155 DrSlamastika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 702 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 12 April 2015 - 11:13 AM

This was the easiest event ever :)

#156 CANCERBERO

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationargentina

Posted 12 April 2015 - 12:38 PM

i need to do the 12 groups and the cw groups to make that choise between island or mc?

#157 Zerberus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:00 PM

View PostFirecrafter, on 12 April 2015 - 10:50 AM, said:

That challenge was a nightmare (I did finish though), I feel that it relied too much on players not being selfish unless you had a group of 12 players who were willing to rotate out to get all of the group sizes done.

I`ve been trying to put together a 10 man drop since Friday evening, and now, 48 hours later, I`m so sick and tired of the community that I will never, ever use the LFG system again. Spend up to ten minutes sometimes building a drop, only to have it dissolve due to some tard not being able to wait and everyone else following him out, time after time after time.

Unfortunately, now that we have both voice and LFG, there`s even less reason for players to come on comstar, NGNG, or similar to group up.

But no amount of MC in the world is worth having to deal with the childish egocentricism of the LFG community. I`m out of this one, and any events for that matter that require me to rely on other players acting like intelligent human beings and not greedy animals with one track minds.

Maybe this would be alleviated a bit by the ability to add a note to the search that the others can read.... but, judging from how little people read in other games, that would probably be an even greater waste of time here than it is there....

Edited by Zerberus, 12 April 2015 - 01:07 PM.

#158 Kuritaclan

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:39 PM

View PostZerberus, on 12 April 2015 - 01:00 PM, said:

I`ve been trying to put together a 10 man drop since Friday evening, and now, 48 hours later, I`m so sick and tired of the community that I will never, ever use the LFG system again. Spend up to ten minutes sometimes building a drop, only to have it dissolve due to some tard not being able to wait and everyone else following him out, time after time after time.
But no amount of MC in the world is worth having to deal with the childish egocentricism of the LFG community. I`m out of this one, and any events for that matter that require me to rely on other players acting like intelligent human beings and not greedy animals with one track minds.

Well, to be honest LFG ist not die awnser on some not asked questions. I did on the first day nearly all group sizes. One the next day i run through my F-List asking if they could help me to make the event quest game in size ***. After 5 minutes I had the groupe made and achived it in the follow game. When this was over i come back to my U.I. and there was like 10 messages popped up, "yes, sure" etc "i can help".

So who treats the LFG Tool like a group builder out of fresh groups, just needs a strong will. It is the same how it was in WOW. If you build a 40/25 Raid out of the fresh with the lfg you had to make sure you startet the building a long time before the real raid start. However if you had a good core of friends, and used lfg to build the last parts to complett a group, lfg was just right. The same is applyable to MWO. LFG does not help you to build a fresh group, you even do not know who you take into your groupe in first place. however if you use the lfg tool constantly - you will be a remembered name of LFG group "leader" who perform well and they will gravitate to drop with them.

Edited by Kuritaclan, 13 April 2015 - 03:16 AM.

#159 Onyxian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • 156 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 02:00 PM

this wasn't a bad idea, but the whole "having to have exactly the right size" thing is stupid.

I've spent half an hour now as my group mates fight over what group size we need to do, get new people, they ask what size we're doing, it's not what they need so they leave, finding more people, etc

I've been with this group for over and hour now and we haven't done either of the two sized drops I need to finish, I don't mind helping, but damn this is annoying as hell.

#160 Aidan Pendragon

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 02:34 PM

While this challenge has good prizes and is a decent test of the LFG system (I see what you did there, PGI!), the system isn't really suited for this, as I'm sure the umpteen pages of comments reveal. The biggest problem is that after you have your set # and launch/are searching, it seems others can add/drop without you having any control, short of cancelling your matchmaking. It really should be locked out once you hit "launch," even if it spins for a while longer. Also, despite the stated social & community-building aspects, this challenge promotes anti-social behavior...I was dumped, dumped others, and quit groups all because I was searching for my magic #. A better challenge might be to build a group through LFG and see how many wins you can get, with increasing rewards for each.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users