146 replies to this topic

#121 Kuritaclan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:02 AM

View Postwarner2, on 13 April 2015 - 05:57 AM, said:

It's currently a tie how can this be so exciting.

1. TwinkyOverlord 3,414
2. Taffer 3,414

Pretty funny - however also it is exciting, that a clan pilot has the best chance to win on all 3 "IS Urby" chassis since he is in first place.

#122 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:09 AM

I was at 24 end of day Saturday, but got bumped down to 80 some over night... Was working on cars all weekend, so I only managed to claw my way back up to 40 before I had to go to bed last night...

Ah well, was a lot of fun. I was a skeptic, but damnit I love my little urbies! :D

#123 GrnMonster

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 74 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:10 AM

I had fun trying to stay on the 60L leaderboard this weekend. I think I'm barely going to hang on. I had a lot of good games Friday afternoon and evening, and then just could not get anything going Saturday and Sunday.

I ran into Twinky in a game Saturday afternoon and made a joke with him that he needed to slow down. I think at the time he was top 10 on all three boards. Now he's in first for every variant which is amazing to me. Watching his stream from this past weekend at work today and it's pretty damn entertaining.

I was starting to wonder if I was using the wrong strategy or something when I started to get passed this weekend, but watching Twinky it looks like my strat was right. I'm just not as good as him and the others above me. Much respect to those guys for putting up some amazing scores this weekend.

#124 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:42 AM

I was rocking my Urbies, having a grand old time. 100% solo queue, I've done very well in them pulling a comfortable 3:1 KDR overall in the solo queue (and given I'm a bad light pilot, that's freaking awesome), and hadn't been looking at the leaderboard.

So I think... Hey, I've had a lot of great matches, lots of solo kills, I should be doing great! Then I look up the scoreboard, and holy hell.

/respect to the lads up there, that's some hardcore Urbie work.

Still, I wish the scoreboards where separated between group and solo queues. It's a lot easier to get crazy good scores if your allies are helping you do it (giving you the killing blows, etc). Now, I'm not saying the leading pilots are doing that - I know Twinky is an outstanding pilot, after all. But I garauntee a lot of the, say, top 50 or so absolutely are.

Edited by Wintersdark, 13 April 2015 - 06:42 AM.

#125 GrnMonster

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 74 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:35 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 13 April 2015 - 06:42 AM, said:

Still, I wish the scoreboards where separated between group and solo queues. It's a lot easier to get crazy good scores if your allies are helping you do it (giving you the killing blows, etc). Now, I'm not saying the leading pilots are doing that - I know Twinky is an outstanding pilot, after all. But I garauntee a lot of the, say, top 50 or so absolutely are.

There may be some top 50 guys doing that, but I doubt it. My experience in these things has been that the solo queue is much easier to get the higher scores in.

I played a few urbie games in the group queue Friday night when my unit was doing the LFG challenge and didn't have much luck generating any great scores. If you get focused in an Urbie you're pretty much toast so that's the first issue. Then, unless you're playing in a 12 man, the other groups you get teamed up with are definitely not going to give a crap about letting you farm points. And lastly, the group queue opponents are going to be making much better use of comms so you can't pull off sneaky flanking moves like you can in the solo queue.

I know all weekend I was running into quite a few of the leaders in the solo queue.

#126 Kirtanus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 156 posts
  • LocationRDL

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:48 AM

i was playing groups and solo but best scores comes from solo matches ;)

#127 Taffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 500 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:09 AM

View PostKirtanus, on 13 April 2015 - 07:48 AM, said:

i was playing groups and solo but best scores comes from solo matches ;)

I don't know how you pulled that many points out of your ass, but good job. :D

#128 Krigherren

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 94 posts
  • LocationProbably sleeping in my mech.

Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:03 AM

Eh, I can't complain about my position.

#129 Skarlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 328 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:09 AM

View PostKuritaclan, on 13 April 2015 - 06:02 AM, said:

Pretty funny - however also it is exciting, that a clan pilot has the best chance to win on all 3 "IS Urby" chassis since he is in first place.

Twinky is EMP, and EMP does both clan and IS mechs in comp matches and CW. He is equally capable of ripping people apart in IS or clan mechs, but his specialty (ironically) is the dire wolf.

#130 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:17 AM

View PostKrigherren, on 13 April 2015 - 09:03 AM, said:

Eh, I can't complain about my position.

yea, cuz 5th place in the one variant you ran bro.... I wouldn't *****, thats for sure!! lol

#131 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:22 AM

Yeah, I'm not complaining about my position. I was more just surprised, as I'm not a bad player to begin with and I was rocking that Urbie, but I was still way behind the leaders there.

In no way do I mean to belittle the accomplishment. Its amazing!

To be clear: I expected to be well shy of the top 10. But when a bad-but-scoring match for me was 3-4 kills and a bunch of assists, I figured I'd be closer than roughly 150. After all, didn't everyone (well, "everyone who matters") loudly proclaim it was garbage?

Edited by Wintersdark, 13 April 2015 - 10:23 AM.

#132 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:41 AM

What I should have done was only run one variant. I knew getting even 30-40 matches in total over the weekend would be a stretch, then I could have consolidated better scores. Ah well.

#133 Missing Spartan

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 April 2015 - 11:01 AM

Fun event congrats to the top 20 in the 3 boards. I finished 29th in the R63 Wasn't able to pierce top 20 tho.

#134 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 April 2015 - 11:17 AM

I wasn't even sure I'd break the top 50, but I made that my goal. One of my best matches unfortunately ended about 2 minutes after the event closed and scores locked. A shame, it was a great score, might have pushed me into the top 20, but I'll take 26th. =]

Congrats to those guys that were able to get top 10 in multiple variants. Nobody could ever grind their way up to the top like that (I tried), it's a truly a display of skill.

Anybody have any idea on how many participants there were in each variants? At least 700 in one of them, I think.

Edited by Tarogato, 13 April 2015 - 11:25 AM.

#135 Taffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 500 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 13 April 2015 - 12:10 PM

Wow that MC. Did the whole thing in solo queue in case anybody is wondering.

GG

#136 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 13 April 2015 - 12:38 PM

Congrats to the winners. Played against a lot of them this weekend and it was a blast. My question to the top folks is, "are you playing with mice with sniper buttons or just at really low dpi to steady out weapons?" My current mouse doesn't have a sniper button any more and I may have to move the dpi even lower than 800 I have set to now. (lowest of 3 setting)

Definitely one of the most intense challenges in a while. I got to 62 last night in one chassis, but fell back to 80's by this morning. I posted 3 of my best challenge scores and I wasn't even close. Playing Urbies as brawlers didn't help. I just can't bring myself to sit on edges and nibble folks to death. :)

Edited by Kali Rinpoche, 13 April 2015 - 02:36 PM.

#137 Rakesch

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 01:08 PM

This was my first tournament and it was fun the most time. At sunday it was quit hard to improve my position, because 500 damage and some kills was not enough.
Need now a short urbie break. I will dakka so e mechs down with my crabs.
Respect to the top 10, was there sunday night before i went to bed and work next day. I am happy i ended with rank 17 now :-)

Edited by Rakesch, 13 April 2015 - 01:09 PM.

#138 WVAnonymous

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:09 PM

You guys are all great pilots, and I resigned myself long ago to getting my MC the old fashioned way: with a credit card.

#139 Taffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 500 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:27 PM

View PostKali Rinpoche, on 13 April 2015 - 12:38 PM, said:

Congrats to the winners. Played against a lot of them this weekend and it was a blast. My question to the top folks is, "are you playing with mice with sniper buttons or just at really low dpi to steady out weapons?" My current mouse doesn't have a sniper button any more and I may have to move the dpi even lower than 800 I have set to now. (lowest of 3 setting)

I got my current mouse about a month ago, it's the Mionix Avior 7000, it has a dpi switch. I've been going up 1600dpi (push a button) for desktop use. When I play fps like mwo I press the button which drops it to 400dpi. This is the default behavior; I actually forgot about tweaking it until I read your post. I meant to try 800dpi for game and 2000 for desktop. never got around to it. I think my mouse sens in MWO settings is half or more.

#140 Jaberwocky

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 28 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:57 PM

Heheh, You mean to say that we could have worked for 1-3 hours and made way more money for MC than we earned in the many, many hours of Urbiegeddan? Your logic is sound ser! I'm pretty sure Piranha wouldn't mind a bit either :) If only my job was as enjoyable as 30 tons of ***** and spite running around!

22 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 22 guests, 0 anonymous users