Quirks: Your Most Favorite!

171 replies to this topic

#161 LennStar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 08:00 AM

I may be one of the few or even only one who loves the reduced fire time for lasers. I dont mean the time between shots but how long the laser fires - laser duration.

I dont mean the slightly higher dps because of that but the easier aiming. Especially fast mechs have a hard time hitting the same target spot for the whole laser duration.
Reduced laser time makes targeting easier and reduces dmg loss due to jumping between mech parts/network caused bad hit detection.

A big part of of why the MedLas BJ is so dangerous is the reduced laser duration (in combination with the other laser quirks, especially before the lowering).

I want to see that reduction on more light mechs and maybe as a special bonus to mechs like the Nova or stalker 4-N to underline a sort of "one shot then too hot go hiding" role.

I also would like to see better MGs and AMS. Even 6MG mechs having a hard time killing a open structure mech. 2 MGs? Nobody runs them.

So make MGs better and give Mechs with 2 ballistic slots MG bonuses.
Give mechs with 2 or 3 AMS an AMS range boost to show they have those things to protect their team.

#162 Volag

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 04:09 PM

View Postavenger cannon, on 30 March 2016 - 09:59 AM, said:

The Stalker needs all the help it can get with that slow and unresponsive body it has.

As I remember it the Zeus in Mech Commander 2 was THE BEST MECH IN THE GAME. It had the 2nd best heat cap of any mech I remember and it was roomy. I suggest going back and giving the Zeus an all around heat buff, maybe an extra 10% more heat dissipation or some such?

That would be perfect rather than a specific weapon quirk, given that the Zeus is forced into mixed weapons load outs most of the time.

#163 Ogvai Ogvai Helmschrott

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 04:20 AM

needs more LB10x quirks on any Heavy to assault mech, like the DDC..or anything really, i love that weapon but the only mechs that have quirks for it are mechs i either dislike playing or dont want to own (cough CN9-D)

Og.

#164 Blind Baku

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 286 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:47 AM

(ER and Std)PPC, -% to heat generation. This. This is my favorite quirk.

#165 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 10 May 2016 - 08:36 PM

Laser duration is my fav.

Why, cause it not only has one affect to make laser more pinpoint damage but it has a secondary affect of cool down.

If a laser has a duration of 1 second and cooldown of 1 second you get a 2 second cycle essentially. Now factor in a Laser duration quirk of 10%, that cycle time is reduced due to cool down starting after the laser has finished burn. So instead of 2 secoonds you now have a cycle time of 1.9 seconds.

#166 DropshipPilot

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 06:27 AM

The huggin (Raven Hero) needs its srm cooldown improved. It used to have a role in faction play, but since it was nerfed it cant compete with jen iic or oxides. We spent money for this mech and it is really annoying that it is now unusable.

#167 Sunstruck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 03:12 AM

I think aside from structure and armour bonuses ballistic cooldown is the most usefull in the game. Though before all IS laser range was nerfed, energy weapon range was important.

#168 ChaoticUrlond

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 108 posts
  • LocationMythical Land of Potatoes

Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:04 AM

Just remove the quirks from the game, or change everything so that every mech can get a TC in game.

#169 The Wolfpack75

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 57 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 15 May 2016 - 01:11 PM

I like the quirks that make mechs more specialized - lights faster, assaults tankier, lrm mechs more lrmy, etc. I would also like to see quirks like is being discussed with the Gyr, where it may have a laser heat sink visual quirk, so essentially I'd like to see more visual or non-stat related quirks.
In addition quirks that make consumables or mech modules more effective or just "different" would be great.

But as to the original question, well, I like the quirks that make a mech something you love piloting. So for an atlas the ballistic bonus or for a catapult the lrm cooldown bonus (if that exists since I have no cats anymore and can't look). More quirks that make the mechs more customized to a role instead of making them generic.

#170 MasterBLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • LocationWarsaw,Poland

Posted 16 May 2016 - 12:05 AM

Weapon quirks are just poor band-aid for badly designed heat management system,as well as weirdos like ghost heat.Such quirks should be only present as weapon modules exclusively,and mech quirks should affect structure,armor,sensors (max zoom, info gathering,max range, decay,ability to detect powered off mechs),jump jets fuel and thrust,crit receiving chance,ability to ram and floor same weight/heavier mechs (if collisions will ever show up),ability to survive with XL engine if side torso is lost,extra equipment slots,and of course currently existing acceleration/deceleration,turn radius,extra forward/reverse speed etc.Namely,anything except weapons.

#171 a gaijin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 22 October 2016 - 07:09 AM

Like Summoner movement/agility quirks.
But adding extended jump-jet use time would be really cool.

#172 RBuckalew

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 12:34 PM

Favorite quirk is SHD-2H 25% ballistic cooldown, without a question. With all the other cooldown bonuses (5% fast fire, 12% weapon module) my dual AC/5 reloads in less than one second, has zero heat, 10 pinpoint frontloaded damage, and enough ammo to last for 2 minutes of CONTINUOUS fire (1200 damage if I were 100% accurate - sadly, I'm not Posted Image).

SHD-2H is also my favorite mech...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users