Well...good Luck Selling Many Tw-A In The Giftshop...

217 replies to this topic

#41 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:38 PM

View PostGyrok, on 20 April 2015 - 12:55 PM, said:

Have you seen the quirks? LOL!

considering the high LT 3x Energy Hardpoint? More than enough to overcome MINOR quirks. Seriously dude. -5% wow much broken, TDR much nonviable now.

SMH

#42 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:49 PM

View PostKain Thul, on 20 April 2015 - 01:08 PM, said:

So describe for us in detail what new and game changing builds we can expect to face.

let's see..remember how clanners cried about the TDR-9s......... 2-3 ER Larges without exposing the the Mech? Or a pair of ERPPC. Sure, no 50% heat reduction, but then between immortal Xls, 80+ kph speed and 2 crit DHS, finding the room for DHS shouldn't really be an issue.

Let's not be disingenuous now man.

View PostSaltBeef, on 20 April 2015 - 03:04 PM, said:

I think I will pass on this one!.. mission accomplished whiners.

OMG can't have most OP mech in game AND super high LaserVomit Hardpoint for free too?!?!?! Much discrimination!

View PostAdiuvo, on 20 April 2015 - 01:14 PM, said:

That's it? lol, that won't do **** to affect what the mechs will be used for with those hardpoints.

Lol, don't let the Clam Whiners see you say that. Reality and hill humping (or with an "S" RT, poptarting) have no bearing on this thread.

View PostCantHandletheTruth, on 20 April 2015 - 05:16 PM, said:

Doesn't peak that well with those negative movement quirks, and there isn't much you can carry beyond the standard last vomit.

Unless you really want to boat smalls.

if you think you need 7 guns to peektart well, I got a steering wheel to sell you.

View PostCantHandletheTruth, on 20 April 2015 - 05:37 PM, said:

Good reason.

Again, it can barely cool two lpls, much less all for ermlas on a the standard last vomit, putting all of your eggs in one basket and slowing out down is not a buff.

weird..I can make 95% heat efficiency with 2 LPL on smurfys with tonnage left over. So, wanna try actually speaking the truth?

Adding an S RT with 2 JJs, I can add 2 more ER Mlasers and still have well over 50% cooling. So even with tany mild quirk nerfs on the A Pod? Going to be more than easy.

Also, learn to aim , and pair up 2x ERPPC, and you don't worry too much about cooling, because poptarts aren't needing massive volume.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 20 April 2015 - 06:51 PM.

#43 TheMadTypist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 533 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:51 PM

Considering how many people pull missiles to avoid getting the "ears" shot off, and how often players go nuts gunning for the "ears" when they're present, I wonder what effect the extra size of the laserear will have on the durability of the machine?

the other pods all seem rather lacking, and none seem to have any redeeming quirks to make up for it - 1E per arm, no quirk compensation, 1M side torso, 1E CT. I mean, I'll pick up the pod when it's available for C-bills, just for the novelty, but I'm not seeing the draw to pick up the whole cow now when I can eventually have the milk for much cheaper, c-bills wise.

Still, one 'bad' variant doesn't mean the others are suddenly going to get any worse. TBR can still be the king of the castle, even if its got a twisted little cousin who runs around ridge-poking at beetles.

#44 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:52 PM

View PostCutterWolf, on 20 April 2015 - 05:52 PM, said:

Worth it? LOL! Ya go ahead please buy it so when I see you on the field and you "attempt" that first poke and I shoot your pod clean off then what are you going to do??

I think I'll hold onto this masterpiece of a retort for the next STK-4N thread full of Clan Shillwolves complaining about how well it humps hills.

Edited for whiskey.

Edited by Ultimatum X, 20 April 2015 - 07:50 PM.

#45 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:54 PM

View PostSummon3r, on 20 April 2015 - 05:44 PM, said:

does this mean thundebolts with their shoulder mounted E hardpoints are getting nerfed as well? oh and stalker?.... nvm clams op

cannot wait for the tukkayid IS roflstomp of the clans

Tbolt already did, and also don't have immortal Xls. Or 2 crit DHS. Stalker weighs 10 tons more and is slow as crap.

View PostTheMadTypist, on 20 April 2015 - 06:51 PM, said:

Considering how many people pull missiles to avoid getting the "ears" shot off, and how often players go nuts gunning for the "ears" when they're present, I wonder what effect the extra size of the laserear will have on the durability of the machine?

the other pods all seem rather lacking, and none seem to have any redeeming quirks to make up for it - 1E per arm, no quirk compensation, 1M side torso, 1E CT. I mean, I'll pick up the pod when it's available for C-bills, just for the novelty, but I'm not seeing the draw to pick up the whole cow now when I can eventually have the milk for much cheaper, c-bills wise.

Still, one 'bad' variant doesn't mean the others are suddenly going to get any worse. TBR can still be the king of the castle, even if its got a twisted little cousin who runs around ridge-poking at beetles.

Not a lot, because th epoint will be to expose ONLY the ear, if possible. If you haven't seen how effective that was for the TDR-9S when they had the stupid level of PPC spam going, well it was something to behold, and rightly complained about. This could be a detriment to a degree in CQB, but not for how it will be used.

Also, I find unless I'm playing LORDs or SJR, the vulnerability of the ears is overrated...unless people dunno how to twist, which is usually the case.

#46 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:57 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 20 April 2015 - 06:36 PM, said:

So... a Stalker can stare you down and out DPS you, while a Timber Wolf can alpha and then spread damage and then alpha again?

uhhhh are you saying a stalker doesnt or cant spread damage well? lol?

#47 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:59 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 20 April 2015 - 06:38 PM, said:

considering the high LT 3x Energy Hardpoint? More than enough to overcome MINOR quirks. Seriously dude. -5% wow much broken, TDR much nonviable now.

SMH

Considering the cockpit is mounted in the chest, you still have to expose half the mech to shoot...

OMGWTFBBQ...SO BROKEN...TW MUCH EXPOSE HALF MECH TO SHOOT!!!!

Wait...it already had to do that...lolwut?

#48 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts
  • LocationOff in the Desert

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:59 PM

So... a Stalker can stare you down and out DPS you, while a Timber Wolf can alpha and then spread damage and then alpha again? Hmmmm....... maybe you guys are playing to much stare-down warrior.

Okay, the Stalker gets 4 LLs over the top. Cool. That is one situation it has the advantage.

And those delicious small arms, and those wonderful hit boxes, and that thick thick armor, and the ability to fire lasers for days while I have to run 5 extra fans in my clan mechs engine and switch out the rack of otter pops cooling it down so it does not explode when I try to brawl because I turn a corner and 'OH FK! ITS A STALKER!"

Yes, it is slow, but damnit if it is not one of the scariest SOBs on the field right now. At elast with a TimberWolf you can shoot off its arms and wreck its DPS as it overheats like a bi-tch. a Stalker? ..nah.. dun even try mate, Getting the hell out or behind it is all you got.

#49 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:00 PM

View PostSummon3r, on 20 April 2015 - 06:57 PM, said:

Sure it spreads damage well, while it tromps along at 55-60 kph. And loses those arms with the dreaded high mounts super easy to any good shot. It's only the CT that is hard to keep damage on.

#50 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Okay, the Stalker gets 4 LLs over the top. Cool. That is one situation it has the advantage.

Can trade pretty well vs. that with 3x CLPLs.

The TBR loses out on the heat cost, but at full range it's not really an issue.

#51 One Medic Army

• 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Well, if you're up close there's a super-easy method to stop them spreading damage: shoot em in the junk. The crotch is pure-CT hitbox, and twisting the torso doesn't move it at all.

#52 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:01 PM

So... a Stalker can stare you down and out DPS you, while a Timber Wolf can alpha and then spread damage and then alpha again? Hmmmm....... maybe you guys are playing to much stare-down warrior.

Err...that Stalker gets 1.5 seconds to dump 54 damage, the TW needs 1.15...if you can torso twist, cooldown, and alpha again in 0.35 seconds...color me uber impressed.

#53 CantHandletheTruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:03 PM

Ok since you went there.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 20 April 2015 - 06:49 PM, said:

let's see..remember how clanners cried about the TDR-9s......... 2-3 ER Larges without exposing the the Mech? Or a pair of ERPPC. Sure, no 50% heat reduction, but then between immortal Xls, 80+ kph speed and 2 crit DHS, finding the room for DHS shouldn't really be an issue.

Whit a 290 standard going 80 odd? Yeah weak, slow, slow and weak, you ALSO neglected tank arms and ST tank bonuses that make Thuds tank on a level Warhawk only dreams of.

Let's not be disingenuous now man.

Yeah, lets not.

OMG can't have most OP mech in game AND super high LaserVomit Hardpoint for free too?!?!?! Much discrimination!

Way to miss the point entirely, SO what are you going to do with those three hardpoints? I'll tell you, move the RA mlas up and call it a day.

Lol, don't let the Clam Whiners see you say that. Reality and hill humping (or with an "S" RT, poptarting) have no bearing on this thread.

Then what are the "high mounts" so good for that they are nerfing the mechs movement and FURTHER nerfing the burntime? That is 1.65s er-llas burn, DEFINATELY non-trivial

if you think you need 7 guns to peektart well, I got a steering wheel to sell you.

Again, totally missing the point of that statement. You CAN do a 7 laser Timber now, how many of those do you see?

weird..I can make 95% heat efficiency with 2 LPL on smurfys with tonnage left over. So, wanna try actually speaking the truth?

You want to try it with a real build and then tell me about the truth? Please?

Adding an S RT with 2 JJs, I can add 2 more ER Mlasers and still have well over 50% cooling. So even with tany mild quirk nerfs on the A Pod? Going to be more than easy.

Also, learn to aim , and pair up 2x ERPPC, and you don't worry too much about cooling, because poptarts aren't needing massive volume.

......neglecting the 150% heat tax that ER-PPCs have over C/LPLs, yeah sounds great on a hot mech.

Any other tripe you want to spew?

Yeah not sure what he is smoking.

#54 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:03 PM

View PostUltimatum X, on 20 April 2015 - 07:00 PM, said:

Can trade pretty well vs. that with 3x CLPLs.

The TBR loses out on the heat cost, but at full range it's not really an issue.

Except that 3LPL for clans has ghost heat, and lots of it. 4LL for IS has ghost heat, and very little of it...

So, the TW would have to run 1.65 to get full burn if you timed it perfect, while the stalker gets 1.5 with shorter beam durations and more focused damage.

#55 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:07 PM

View PostGyrok, on 20 April 2015 - 06:59 PM, said:

Considering the cockpit is mounted in the chest, you still have to expose half the mech to shoot...

OMGWTFBBQ...SO BROKEN...TW MUCH EXPOSE HALF MECH TO SHOOT!!!!

Wait...it already had to do that...lolwut?

Much Wow, Such Expose!
Posted Image
vs
Posted Image
didn't box the Thud in, but it's not that much less than the Timby.

Kilroy was here.

or....guess never heard of 3pV?

View PostCantHandletheTruth, on 20 April 2015 - 07:03 PM, said:

Ok since you went there.

Whit a 290 standard going 80 odd? Yeah weak, slow, slow and weak, you ALSO neglected tank arms and ST tank bonuses that make Thuds tank on a level Warhawk only dreams of.

Yeah, lets not.

Way to miss the point entirely, SO what are you going to do with those three hardpoints? I'll tell you, move the RA mlas up and call it a day.

Then what are the "high mounts" so good for that they are nerfing the mechs movement and FURTHER nerfing the burntime? That is 1.65s er-llas burn, DEFINATELY non-trivial

Again, totally missing the point of that statement. You CAN do a 7 laser Timber now, how many of those do you see?

You want to try it with a real build and then tell me about the truth? Please?

......neglecting the 150% heat tax that ER-PPCs have over C/LPLs, yeah sounds great on a hot mech.

Any other tripe you want to spew?

Yeah not sure what he is smoking.

Naw, I'd rather let you continue to use your Steering wheel and prove it with the myopathy of your points.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 20 April 2015 - 07:08 PM.

#56 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:29 PM

It can't spread damage while it is "out dpsing" you 3 LLs at a time.

#57 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:45 PM

$23 dollars for this mech and a mech bay....? :huh: :lol: :huh: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

#58 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:45 PM

You know anyone with even moderate poptart skills can make 2ERPPCs and some JJs work with this.

Most people just don't know how to peek. I have a Huggin build I call Mr. Giggles, it's 2xAC2s in one arm. The positioning of them is similar to the TW in this build. If you know what you're doing you can actually peek just enough to shoot and literally not show enough to create a red Dorito. you don't get targeting info on your target either (unless a teammate is targeting them as well) but yeah. You can peek so little that you don't trigger targeting and still be able to shoot. Just have to aim a bit wonky sometimes.

Not sure how well that'd work with lasers though. With the double deuce setup you don't really even see where the shots are coming from. ERPPCs? Maybe you could do that as well.

Seems like a bit of a waste for a TW though. You could go with 3xLPLs, 4xERSML and 21DHS. You'd go without JJs but that would run very cool. Could also run 3xCERLL and a TC5 and 22 DHS. That'd put your CERMLs out to ~903m base, which will make them hit better than IS ERLLs at over 1km. Slightly longer burn time but given that you're doing more damage at the range you should be (and the CW maps allow you to) you'll win trades all day long. When someone gets close you've got literally the equivalent of 4xIS MLs for backup. With the TC5 you can even get away without Advanced Zoom, also giving you the sensor range you need to exploit the new range, plus a sniper with that insanely fast target data helps tons. This gives you another module slot to ensure you've got CERLL range + Cooldown + CERSL Cooldown + Radar Derp or Seismic or, surprisingly, improved gyros. I've found that helps a lot with a laser sniper, especially when facing those 1N dragons. The shake from AC hits is largely negated, enough to stay on target easily with the lasers.

Yeah, I'll probably go with the CERLLs and fry eyes. It's only 7 extra heat. Warm, but with 22DHS you'll chill down pretty quick.

Edited by MischiefSC, 20 April 2015 - 07:46 PM.

#59 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:54 PM

View PostCutterWolf, on 20 April 2015 - 05:52 PM, said:

Worth it? LOL! Ya go ahead please buy it so when I see you on the field and you "attempt" that first poke and I shoot your pod clean off then what are you going to do?? And what were you planning on mounting in there? ERL, LPL, ERPPC? Or is there some new god weapon the Clan are getting?? No, gee, so it no better than the TW's we have right now? Sure, your right go ahead and spend your money cause I really enjoy laughing at dumb people........

Scrub detected

#60 CantHandletheTruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:59 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 20 April 2015 - 07:07 PM, said:

Much Wow, Such Expose!
Posted Image
vs
Posted Image
didn't box the Thud in, but it's not that much less than the Timby.

Kilroy was here.

or....guess never heard of 3pV?

Naw, I'd rather let you continue to use your Steering wheel and prove it with the myopathy of your points.

In otherwords, you got nothing Mr.High and Mighty.

View PostFate 6, on 20 April 2015 - 07:54 PM, said:

Scrub detected

Waste of money detected, its not that much better than the Timbers we have now.

.....with a LOT of penalty to go with it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users