Feedback On Looking For Group!

50 replies to this topic

#21 oldhasu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 681 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 01:31 AM

Needs to be able to put a title to your group. "LFG 1 more" "Just pugging" "Weekend Challange run"

This. I had to spam in chat desirable quantity of players in a group during event, for example.

#22 Felio

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:35 AM

I think asking us to do the matchmaker's job to accommodate the CW queue favoring large groups is silly.

#23 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:52 AM

View PostFelio, on 23 April 2015 - 07:35 AM, said:

I think asking us to do the matchmaker's job to accommodate the CW queue favoring large groups is silly.

They're not asking you to do anything Felio. LFG is a tool that is available for us to use. You don't have to use it if you don't want to, but a "matchmaker" can only do so much... and the one in CW doesn't regulate the population the same as it does in solo queue.
Like voip, the LFG tool is implemented with the hopes that it will strengthen the ability for random people to play together and stay competitive in CW.

Some suggestions I have:
  • A LFG Chat Channel with names you can right-click and invite to the party would be pretty handy.
  • Adding a 50 character note to your group as a description of what you're looking for would also be handy.. (I think some people might even use the LFG as creating their own sort of custom games.

Something like:

MoonUnitBeta (3) <Urbies ONLY>

MoonUnitBeta (5) <4more for Skirmish>

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 23 April 2015 - 08:42 AM.

#24 GreyNovember

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:19 AM

Agreed. A title per group room would be good.

#25 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:07 PM

With the proper changes, LFG groups combined with VoIP might even be stronger than some less coordinated unit-premades.

For example, a player sees:

Tryhards Only TBR-SCR-DWFs Meta Builds (7/9)

indicating they have 7 out of 9 max players.

#26 ZenWarrior

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 41 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:22 PM

The following words are not mine, they belong to Kanajashi on this post.
(I had to type it in on an admin locked computer)

The ability to name or give tags to your group, for example:

"Doing weekend challenge"
"need light/mediums"
"Attacking specific CW planet"
"Running brawlers, play aggressive"

This would help players determine which groups they would want to join and help groups advertise a specific need or game plan.

-------------------------------------------------

Yes! This is exactly the type of this we need for Player retention.

Perhaps TS account for now as temporary place holder while the developers are building one for the game?

Edited by ZenWarrior, 24 April 2015 - 09:33 PM.

#27 Ink Sikes

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:04 PM

The LFG tool has been a very valuable tool for the first night of the Battle For Tukayyid challenge. I think every group we had that was looking for lonewolves and other small groups that utilized it. Please take the previous suggestions and apply them to increase it's functionality!

#28 Too Much Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 787 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:55 AM

Option to remove reople permanently from the group, so they can't reconnect once again. Thats how you kick bad players that spoil the game.

BTW, LFG idea is good, dodn't know why its not popular. Because of matchmaking maybe.

#29 eblackthorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 165 posts
  • LocationOntario Canada

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:53 AM

My biggest problem with LFG is that it is a stand alone option. I think It would be used more often if it was built into say the end result screen of a pug game, allowing players to easily group up, and/or when clicking defend in CW. As a stand alone option the players need to make an effort to join and even if they do make the effort and don't find any groups (which currently is often the case) they immediately close the window. Every UI feature should be whenever possible tied into whatever the main interface is... it's an issue with how the all the social functions have been created so far.

Edited by eblackthorn, 25 April 2015 - 08:57 AM.

#30 W00DSTER

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:07 AM

lobbies would be more effective

#31 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:45 PM

From what I can tell, CW LFG is restricted to same-House players.

For many purposes that is fine, but for things like the Tukayyid event, or really any time an IS player wants to form a group for fighting the Clans, there should be an option to allow for mixed-faction LFG recruitment.

Other than that, insofar as enough people use it to make it viable, it works great. I had a great run of three matches last night powered by LFG, getting through the IS queue in under ten minutes for each match, and with strong losses against premade Clan groups and a very satisfying win againt a Clan PUG.

#32 Blackfang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 766 posts
  • LocationComing to a planet near you!

Posted 25 April 2015 - 04:18 PM

I agree with above the LFG tool has been extremely useful for this CW event, I've been using it religiously to find groups or bolster my own and it does exactly what it says on the tin which is great.

#33 orcrist86

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon Institute of Science

Posted 28 April 2015 - 12:55 PM

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 25 April 2015 - 12:45 PM, said:

From what I can tell, CW LFG is restricted to same-House players.

For many purposes that is fine, but for things like the Tukayyid event, or really any time an IS player wants to form a group for fighting the Clans, there should be an option to allow for mixed-faction LFG recruitment.

Other than that, insofar as enough people use it to make it viable, it works great. I had a great run of three matches last night powered by LFG, getting through the IS queue in under ten minutes for each match, and with strong losses against premade Clan groups and a very satisfying win againt a Clan PUG.

The LFG tool restricts faction in CW, but not in pug queue.

#34 Magna Canus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:03 AM

LFG is a nice feature that the community has been asking for on the forums, just like the VOIP option. It's current state is a start and most of the above suggestions should further refine the tool. Unfortunately, if the tool works the way it should it will eventually make itself near obsolete without a constant influx of new players, e.g. as more people find players they want to play with and add them to their friends list the less they will use LFG and the more they will build more consistant groups from their own friends list. This is definately not a "bad thing" having more players with a broader network of people they like to play with, but as someone else noted above lobbies would not only be able to provide a social tool for LFG players, but also established players looking to recruit, people looking for specific kinds of groups, etc.

So in the long run lobbies are going to be far more useful and diverse than the LFG function.

#35 eFTy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 296 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:15 AM

I'd really like it if groups that have gone into the matchmaker queue would show up as red in the LFG list...

#36 luigi256

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:21 AM

Are people using this still? I tried using it for CW but there were no groups in LFG at around 8PM Pacific time.

Is there a timeframe where people use this feature specifically?

#37 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:21 AM

View PostHomeless Bill, on 22 April 2015 - 11:30 AM, said:

Group "Searching" Status - When you join a group of players that are in the process of searching, it just shows everyone as not readied up. It would be nice to know that they're actually searching and won't be with you for a while. Bonus points if you could see this from the LFG queue as well - I don't usually want to join teams that have started searching. This is less an LFG feature than it is a general friends list feature, but do want.

This was my biggest issue with the LFG feature. I would join a group only to find out they were either already in the lobby or were deployed. Some indication of their status would be very helpful. If' I'm missing something, please educate me on the use of the LFG feature, but I didn't see anyway to determine their live status.

#38 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 05:06 PM

Please show unit affiliation/tags.

Best LFG function I have found, in our example, is to use the Davion TS to get drops set up. CW event really made it shine.

Edited by White Bear 84, 30 April 2015 - 05:08 PM.

#39 Mashayach

Rookie

• The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 07:03 AM

Great ideas all of them. However they mean nothing if someone doesnt do something about the 100 hour wait times. If they could fix that, I would go from 15 hours a week with maybe 4 actual team games played with multiple disconnects, to 15 ours a week with the opportunity to actually fight everytime i sit down to play! the wait time is what kills me about this game.

#40 AtomCore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 274 posts
  • LocationDPR, Donetsk

Posted 03 May 2015 - 01:14 PM

No option to limit group size.
No option to comment group aim.

"Merge group" needs to be added to CW queue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users