50 replies to this topic

#41 Hairball359

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:42 PM

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 25 April 2015 - 12:45 PM, said:

From what I can tell, CW LFG is restricted to same-House players.

For many purposes that is fine, but for things like the Tukayyid event, or really any time an IS player wants to form a group for fighting the Clans, there should be an option to allow for mixed-faction LFG recruitment.

I agree with this statement. i tried to use the LFG function during the Tukayyid event to find that you could only group up with your own faction. which during the time zone i play was a little restrictive on LFG size.

#42 ansaniDATA

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 17 May 2015 - 05:35 AM

1) Highlight
2) Copy
3) Paste

Please, this will be most Helpful when trying to give commanders of a drop names to send invites to.

Or, if for example i am a member of a drop, give me the ability to send invites to members on either my Unit or Friends lists to the drop i'm presently in.

ThankYou

Edited by ansaniDATA, 17 May 2015 - 05:47 AM.

#43 Jon Gotham

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 02:43 AM

View Postdrunkblackstar, on 25 April 2015 - 01:55 AM, said:

BTW, LFG idea is good, dodn't know why its not popular. Because of matchmaking maybe.

Probably the type of player that plays mmos these days, EVERYTHING MUST be soloable:) You've seen the attitude on this very forum yourself. The anti group ranting is beyond silly.

I'd say it needs more tools to allow people to recruit, this is meant to be a community driven game based around teams and units/factions. Let's try to encourage this please PGI?
As said before, copy/paste or if you take a look at the platoon window functionality from WoT-that is one thing that game does right. Click on multiple names, then invite all. Maybe that feature could have a note attached to it as well?
Peeps said about voip...but players would have to want to use it, as it is in euro times at least virtually no one uses it. We have 24 languages in europe (according to wiki:P) and there is underlying stigma about using just one language from many corners.

Bottom line is, you can lead a horse to water-but you cannot make it drink.

#44 AC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:05 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 22 April 2015 - 10:16 AM, said:

Hey MechWarriors!

We'd like to hear out what you all think of the new Looking For Group feature.

Please share your thoughts!

LFG doesn't work well in practice. I would much rather just solo drop than look for a group. Why?

1) The group doesn't have a good way to communicate between drops or coordinate.
2) The group gets dropped against full teams and then gets stomped
3) IT TAKES LONGER TO GET A FULL GROUP AND A GAME!!!
4) Matchmaker.... The group is still dumped in the matchmaker, which has never worked well from day 1. Can we try another system concept yet?
5) No group leader, so no way to kick annoying or bad players that are not meshing well with the group.

Edited by AC, 09 July 2015 - 07:06 PM.

#45 Koniks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:19 PM

The button to open LFG should be next to Play Now, not buried in the Social Tab.

#46 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 04:04 AM

Looking For Group and Faction Chat are the only tools we have for connecting groups with solo players. What's going to happen when the queues are split? How are new players going to find units to join if they are not playing with them in CW?

I feel as though new social tools are going to be necessary, such as a social tab, called "Find Unit" that takes the player to a hiring hall with access to Faction Chat, LFG, and a list of existing mercenary units with their loyalty rating and dragoon rating.

#47 Orkdung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 296 posts
  • LocationCCAF Sian

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:20 PM

View PostGI Journalist, on 27 February 2016 - 04:04 AM, said:

such as a social tab, called "Find Unit" that takes the player to a hiring hall with access to Faction Chat, LFG, and a list of existing mercenary units with their loyalty rating and dragoon rating.

This.

Get rid of the Tier system and bring in what should have been the Dragoon Rating, and do this (above).

#48 Soedrin

• PipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 68 posts
  • Locationbehind you...

Posted 18 February 2017 - 06:11 PM

I have made more in-game "friends" using the LFG tool than without...and i have been playing for a few years now.
A great way to get more players onboard would be adding 5% bonus for LFG grouped runs...or a LFG bonus weekend, etc...

#49 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:30 AM

Its pretty good, Saves you having to type peoples names and sending friend requests
It streamlines the process of adding people you barely know to a group,
Well done.

#50 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 20 February 2017 - 01:05 AM

L.F.G feature is useful, in the way OzHomerOz Mentions.

It needs more than the person with the shields name and how many people are in the group.

There needs to be additional information added as an option by the shield holder, such as

Clan mech I.S mechs only or anything goes.

Using viop, or TS and if using private servers the channel info

Most importantly in using the Viop option what language is going to be spoken

#51 Holy Jackson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 222 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:53 AM

yes, tag groups with IS, CLAN, or MIXED, and tag with SCOUT, QUICK PLAY, or INVASION. Allow for the group leader to type one 140 character message into a splash for the group chat (like message of the day for unit chat) so when somebody joins, they can see something like (ENGLISH, Marik TS3 address xxxxxxxx, Invading until 7am UTC.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users