711 replies to this topic

#641 Tom Sawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:01 AM

We have a guy in our unit who is having serious frame rate issues due to a bad video card. I mean like 5 fps or less. We normally don't take lrm boats but for him they have been helping a lot. He can lock on and just fire and have to worry about the target actually being somewhere else then he is seeing. He is now able to break 80 on many of his games which is at least giving him his rewards.

To be fair we all to include him will be glad when his new card shows up lol.

Anyone can break 80 if you try hard and think outside the box if needed :P

#642 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:19 AM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 29 April 2015 - 10:46 AM, said:

Nothing will help a Leroy Jenkins.

Lol...sometimes a Leroy Jenkins is just the thing to do. :D

I'm in a game, I'm tired, everyone is hiding behind a hill or wall from each other for like 10 minutes +..... "Times up. I'm goin in. Leeerooooy Jeenkins!!!!" And I run in. Sometime I even get a couple of kills before they get me....and sometimes I survive it. Usually it's enough of a distraction to allow the rest of my team to get the advantage on them....assuming they follow me.

Always funny when the baddies all just stand there for a second or two looking as I run into them. And even better if they start shooting each other as they attempt to get a shot at me. Plus a little arty and UAV right in the middle of them doesn't hurt either. Total chaos. :D

Edited by ThatGuy539, 29 April 2015 - 11:23 AM.

#643 Tolwyen

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:43 AM

Is there a trick to getting into these Battles quicker... 30minute waits are insane.

#644 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:29 PM

1 Clan player in attack queue right now. Sad.

#645 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:32 PM

View PostTolwyen, on 29 April 2015 - 11:43 AM, said:

Is there a trick to getting into these Battles quicker... 30minute waits are insane.

Fastest way is to break your IS contract and join a Clan faction. You will need clan mechs, or can use the trial mechs.

The wait times for the clan guys is less than a minute...often it's instant.

For IS, it sounds like joining a 12 man is the fastest way. I think they have to wait like 10 to 15 minutes. See previous posts for more info.

View PostExoForce, on 29 April 2015 - 12:29 PM, said:

1 Clan player in attack queue right now. Sad.

It'll be 2 as soon as I get home. :)

#646 kayjay

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 32 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:40 PM

IS is more like half an hour to get match. I have never seen more than 2 clans in attack queue and the IS is typically 20 or more 6 PM to 10 PM EDT. Basically a clan player will get 3 to 4 times the matches of an IS player in a given period. Most of the clanners I know are already maxed or at least have their mech, no one in my unit even has 40 points.

#647 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:43 PM

Hurry, and there will be 3 of us.
Btw, IS just destroyed Omega from far away on Sulfurous Rift without getting even near the base, behind Beta gate with large lasers. Ridiculous.

#648 Inveramsay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • LocationStar's End

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:41 PM

50 points in 50 matches, I'm pretty relieved to be finished.

As for not getting 80 points in a match, it makes me wonder how you do it?

#649 Major Lag

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:54 PM

It's possible - I had kind of an emergency at home mid-event so I had to abandon a match with my first mech still pretty fresh. Got only 48 on that one. The other one I really tried to motivate my PUG group for pushing, taking point thrice. But after I hit "w", no one else followed. Ended that one with 44 points.

So it's possible, but not under normal conditions and given that you're not zerg rushed.

#650 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:56 PM

So, now we know how the battle of tukayyid actually went.

Elite clan warriors (2/3rds of all players for clans ) took their time to defeat every IS group while the IS elites had to wait in line for the clan pugs who sometimes, never came....

Documented :D

#651 Pz_DC

• Staff Sergeant
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:56 PM

Got 45 points, was able to get 50 but was too lazy at weekend :P And its all with breaks for wife and child etc. 6+6+3+3 (sat+sun+mon+thu). Peaople cant get 80? LOL. 15 min averange wait time, only 4 games of 49 are less then 80. And im totaly unskilled in CW - cant even break 1.5k with my deck /that has 0 STK, TDR, 2xac20/gauss) and still need to be re-worked/.

Only one reason to fail in that event - no time. other reasons are not a resoans but just a terrible skill. Face it. And learn to live with it.

P.S. Played IS pugs with rarely use of LFG.

#652 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 02:46 PM

View PostThatGuy539, on 29 April 2015 - 11:19 AM, said:

Lol...sometimes a Leroy Jenkins is just the thing to do. :D

I'm in a game, I'm tired, everyone is hiding behind a hill or wall from each other for like 10 minutes +..... "Times up. I'm goin in. Leeerooooy Jeenkins!!!!" And I run in. Sometime I even get a couple of kills before they get me....and sometimes I survive it. Usually it's enough of a distraction to allow the rest of my team to get the advantage on them....assuming they follow me.

Always funny when the baddies all just stand there for a second or two looking as I run into them. And even better if they start shooting each other as they attempt to get a shot at me. Plus a little arty and UAV right in the middle of them doesn't hurt either. Total chaos. :D

Oh, no argument there :P Charging gloriously into death with guns blazing is very appropriate at times. But, you get those people who Leroy Jenkins in 4 times in a row... Had someone do that in a match last night. Wasted all 4 of his mechs rushing in as soon as he spawned.

#653 Mordynak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 374 posts
  • LocationThe United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Posted 29 April 2015 - 03:27 PM

Which of the prize mechs sells for the most c-bills?

#654 Taffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 500 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 29 April 2015 - 03:33 PM

I got my 50. Had one match that didn't qualify. In that match NOBODY qualified because my team rushed the gens and destroyed omega just a few minutes into the game. I'm not mad about it as it was quick and the next match came right away. But it is a single X on an otherwise long list of lovely checkmarks.

I chose the Banshee champ because it's champ. Just sold my regular 3m and enjoyed free bay. Like the last 'free' mechs, if you offer a plain one and a special one, I'm gonna pick the special one.

Edited by Taffer, 29 April 2015 - 03:36 PM.

#655 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 04:13 PM

View PostMordynak, on 29 April 2015 - 03:27 PM, said:

Which of the prize mechs sells for the most c-bills?

The WHK chassis sells for 4,999,239 C-Bills. That's just for the chassis itself, i.e., it does not include selling the installed weaponry.

The Banshee chassis probably sells for around half of the Warhawk, as its C-Bill value in Smurfy is just over half that of the Warhawk's. But, if you buy the Banshee you also get a nice fancy 380XL engine, which can come in handy for builds on Victors, Banshees, Battlemasters, the Pretty Baby, the Awesome-9M, the Trebuchet-3C, the Centurion-D, etc.

I chose the Warhawk myself. I was intending to buy one anyway, so I saved myself about 16 million C-Bills' worth of grinding.

Edited by Bloodweaver, 29 April 2015 - 04:13 PM.

#656 ulrin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 133 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 05:11 PM

Hi all
Ty PGI for that event, was very fun. I just unlock the mech, and choose the warhawk, as i hadnt any clan assault and still some banshees. i surely made mistake, as i can grind it, and not the champion banshee, but...:D
One thing remain a trouble, when u are in queue wiz other ppl wizout be in the same grp, if one get out, eleven ppl loose their place in queue, and have to wait again soooo long.
If u unlucky, and have several ppl disco, u can stay several hours in queue... u maybe have to search about "le jeu de taquin", could inspire u for what doing wiz ppl in queue.
Of course, the LFG tool help making 12 ppl grp, lowering the risk, but thats not solving the trouble, just turning around.

#657 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 05:25 PM

^^This. It's a joke your whole group gets pushed back just because one idiot decides they are not patient enough...

As a result have been dropping ONLY in 12 man groups through the Davion TS. Not such a pretty story for groups that cant get 12 though.

Only 7 to go for 50. What a damn grind.

#658 Stifor

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 23 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 29 April 2015 - 06:09 PM

So after 50 is that it for rewards or do we get to go for them a second time?

#659 Wojna12

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 06:21 PM

How can I pick which Mech I want as the reward? Ive gotten to 50pts and still cant find where to select the mech...

Also, any recommendation on whether to go Banshee or Warhawk? I only got 3 Hunchbacks (new player) and will be buying Misery soon

#660 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 29 April 2015 - 06:35 PM

Got my 50; now dropping with multiple Wolf units to keep the fight going and do my part. Making lots of money, meeting lots of new fun people, having lots of fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users