712 replies to this topic

#681 Talos7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 130 posts
  • LocationCesspool that is post 2016 Washington DC

Posted 30 April 2015 - 05:32 PM

There was going to be crying either way. soooooo.... yea...
At times the clans were up to 80% victorious, other times the IS was just as high.

All complaints aside,
Woohoo!! We rewrote history despite the odds being against us!!

#682 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 30 April 2015 - 05:34 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 23 April 2015 - 03:20 PM, said:

Damnit, I just bought the Warhawk-C. :P

I guess the 3M that never came from the Faction sales a while ago is the prize for me.

Me too!

But i couldnt get enough matches in anyhow. Was still fun.

#683 MadFJohn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 202 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 05:48 PM

i just made 10 points could not play i had 30 minute waits for getting a game

#684 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:05 PM

View PostIronClaws, on 30 April 2015 - 01:28 PM, said:

Looks like the Clans were victorious against overwhelming odds, Seyla!

That means i get that extra cockpit item, besides the mechbay

#685 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:13 PM

View PostBloodweaver, on 29 April 2015 - 04:13 PM, said:

The WHK chassis sells for 4,999,239 C-Bills. That's just for the chassis itself, i.e., it does not include selling the installed weaponry.

The Banshee chassis probably sells for around half of the Warhawk, as its C-Bill value in Smurfy is just over half that of the Warhawk's. But, if you buy the Banshee you also get a nice fancy 380XL engine, which can come in handy for builds on Victors, Banshees, Battlemasters, the Pretty Baby, the Awesome-9M, the Trebuchet-3C, the Centurion-D, etc.

I chose the Warhawk myself. I was intending to buy one anyway, so I saved myself about 16 million C-Bills' worth of grinding.

you cant sell a champion mech tho clan mechs are always worth more.
what i want to know is how do you choose? cant find it in my profile.

Edited by Frost Lord, 30 April 2015 - 08:14 PM.

#686 D Heth

• Pip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:38 PM

Life, family, job, responsiblities however I still managed obtained 25 points during the event. Although over half of my game time was spent waiting in the qeue by choosing inner sphere, So theoretically choosing clan I could of easily acheived those 50 points in the same amount of game time?

Anyways I just figured completing events was designed to be for the hardcore players only. It would be nice to be able to get one of the substantial "primary" prizes, a mech in this case, as an a casual player. As these are the most expensive and hardest to obtain for casual players.

Cest la vie hardcore players and congratulations to those that chose Clanners, even the bondsman!

#687 Jakob Knight

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:50 PM

View PostIronClaws, on 30 April 2015 - 01:28 PM, said:

Looks like the Clans were victorious against overwhelming odds, Seyla!

Actually, the event was set up so the Clans did not face the overwhelming odds they would have normally. Rather, they were put in a position where they could only be faced in equal numbers (the IS could not drop unless there was a Clan force ready to fight them), and where they could fight without fear of the IS using its advantages in speed against them. Meanwhile, they were in a position to use all of their own strengths to the fullest.

So, the Clans were victorious, but not in any way against the odds. Indeed, the results were close enough that, were the battle set up without the artificial restrictions of the event, it seems almost certain they would not have prevailed.

Still, it is what it is. The only important point of the event is that the Devs got the information that was the entire reason they set it up the way they did. For this reason, I don't call it an unfair event, but one that achieved it's goals.

Edited by Jakob Knight, 30 April 2015 - 08:51 PM.

#688 Moshi

• PipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:18 PM

the event was fun but only 25 points because of other commitments and when i actually sat down to play the game crashed more often then not. still got points in a lot of those games (says volumes about the easiness) but having to reconnect 2-5 times a game is a real drag and not very fun at all

#689 Aegic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:31 PM

Actually, the event was set up so the Clans did not face the overwhelming odds they would have normally. Rather, they were put in a position where they could only be faced in equal numbers (the IS could not drop unless there was a Clan force ready to fight them), and where they could fight without fear of the IS using its advantages in speed against them. Meanwhile, they were in a position to use all of their own strengths to the fullest.

Sure if IS was allowed to use their numbers we would have lost by a landslide. However, clan mechs have been severely nerfed from where they should be at and IS mechs have been buffed in some cases tremendously through perks.

IS mechs on average have higher mounted ballistic and energy hardpoints which served them very well in the event. IS mechs trade much better than Clan mechs since the majority of clan damage is spread out over time via things such as LBX, burst fire ACs, longer duration lasers, and stream fired LRMS. Clan weapons also generate more heat and their mechs cannot "zombie".

This event was a lot of fun and really underlines the strengths and weaknesses of clan and IS mechs in certain scenarios.
GG to everyone who participated and I look forward to the next event!

#690 Artanizzz

• PipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:54 PM

It would be nice to see a overall rating of all units (with number of points earned) regardless of the faction or clan the are in. I'm sure PGI has this data. We did well for Liao deploying up to 5 companies during the battle and winning most of our battles, and we want to see how well we did compared to other units :)

#691 bazilbrush

Banned - Cheating

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:17 PM

guys you have lost the plot how about saying a big thankyou to pgi who after one maxed out shutdown managed to pull it together and give us a 24 hour game that maxed all our expectations I for one enjoyed it yes I got my 50 points and yes im cw burned out but hey ill be back there grinding in a few days so I say hip hip horray to pgi

#692 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 01 May 2015 - 04:27 AM

View Postbazilbrush, on 30 April 2015 - 10:17 PM, said:

guys you have lost the plot how about saying a big thankyou to pgi who after one maxed out shutdown managed to pull it together and give us a 24 hour game that maxed all our expectations I for one enjoyed it yes I got my 50 points and yes im cw burned out but hey ill be back there grinding in a few days so I say hip hip horray to pgi

If they felt grateful to PGI, they would have thanked them.... it is hard to thank a company for something that was so insane though

#693 PFC Carsten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 01 May 2015 - 04:38 AM

Thanks for the event PGI, i hope everyone got valuable data out of it.

#694 Artanizzz

• PipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 04:45 AM

The really was awesome, never played with such a devotion!

#695 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:18 AM

We came, we fought, we had fun. Thanks PGI!

Also a blatant shout to my own unit OLDS. We did not have the numbers to take the 1st or 2nd slot but we fought like hell to hold that 3rd place on the leader board :)

#696 Wronka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 180 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:40 AM

How can people still be spewing straight trash about how IS is so powerful from quirks, clan is so weak, clan weapons are so bad... blah blah. Cut the crap guys, Clans won the event. Clearly they are more powerful.

On a more serious note, I did want to say thanks for the event to PGI. I didn't get anything out of it since I was only able to participate in 4 matches during this event, but aside from the ridiculous wait times for IS, it was fun. Also, I think another thing to look at is scoring. 80 points is extremely low and easy to achieve in a CW match. I think a weighted system of more points if you score higher would be better next time. Most of my matches were over 300 points, but I got the same single point for it as the guy that just died after doing 500 dmg and getting his 80 points. It would make it possible for people like me that are good players, but simply do not have the time to play 50 matches have a chance at the real prizes in events. Just my thoughts.

Edited by Wronka, 01 May 2015 - 05:46 AM.

#697 RadioKies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 419 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:15 AM

Those quirks are crazy strong!

If you've watched the balance throughout the whole event clans and IS were shifting constantly. Last night/yesterday (as EU) every clanunit went online to fight to get the win. What did we get? A verry close almost 50/50 balance. The thing that worked for the clanners was superior teamwork. I've seen so many IS pugdrops doing so much wrong. If every IS drop had at least some form of teamwork they would have won way more matches.

I would like to see what all the units provided with points and how many players played for a faction. I guess that for IS a few units carried them.

If you look at the faction scores you can clearly see a pattern, not every faction has as much people playing it. There are way more Wolves than other clanfaction players and IS has a reasonable mix of units devided over their factions. Thats why CWolf has double the score and the top 3 IS factions have a quite even spread with points.

Anyhoe, glad to see the CW tournament over, now I can do a few drops again in my beloved Jager. Still have 3 Dragons and 3 Jenners to level up.

#698 lbarrera

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:21 AM

View PostGillopi, on 30 April 2015 - 06:02 AM, said:

so lets see here if you have a life job family of and responsibilities you should beable to get 25 ponts right its the other players the ones with no life no kids or wife that will make 50 points

Im one of those people who happily made 30 points , even with my kid helping me from other pc, :lol:

#699 Vlad Striker

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 01 May 2015 - 07:53 AM

Anybody knows why MVF banner mades of black and white colors? It's so disappointing.

#700 Frytrixa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 07:54 AM

- poor reward for grinding 50matches (you give out an uique item at 5matches but reward the grinder with only 5mil cbills?)

- waittimes defenitely too long

- no elo no fun

- no story wrapped around the event - I know what tukayyid stands for but I dunno why I should grind the 50s

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users