Battle Of Tukayyid - Did You Get 50?

72 replies to this topic

Poll: Did You get Your 50 points? (292 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick side and if You have sucseeded

1. I am IS and I didn't get 50 (105 votes [35.96%])

Percentage of vote: 35.96%

2. I am IS and I got my 50 (42 votes [14.38%])

Percentage of vote: 14.38%

3. I am Clan and I didn't get 50 (60 votes [20.55%])

Percentage of vote: 20.55%

4. I am Clan and I got my 50 (85 votes [29.11%])

Percentage of vote: 29.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Lostdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:13 AM

When I got to 9 I thought "Man, this is really frustrating, I don't want to do this anymore." I played one more match the following day to get the 10 points. I got 80 points in every match I played.

#62 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 07:04 AM

View PostCeltic Warrior, on 30 April 2015 - 08:09 PM, said:

I didn't get my 50 but I got my 40 which was my goal. I however have not gotten my mech yet?

There should have been a option on the main event page above your scores for you to decide which mech you wanted.

#63 Colonel Clunge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 104 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:15 AM

This post is starting to look like a bragging page. "I played 50 matches and got 50 points".

I only had time for about 10 games - mainly because as a solo player I had to wait on average 20-30 minutes every game. Having read Russ Bullocks post, I now know the reason for this and will be signing up for a unit asap.

Well I don't mind admitting my record was - 10 played - 3 points gained. Why? I realised that as a solo player, you are generally grouped with other solo players (hence the long waits as I discovered) and when you come up against other organised groups you are dead meat. That, and I am a bit $hit at the game!!

I actually played really well a couple of times when defending a counter attack but despite my efforts at telling the others we needed to protect the Omega, light rushes undid us. I guess that's why it's called "community" warfare ;)

#64 Dark Jackal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 187 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:46 AM

I got it even though I said I would not dedicate time but I did. Mostly because we just had a contract for Steiner and I was getting rewards from the loyalty tree while getting rewards from the Tuk event. So, since it might be a LONG time before I can reliably wait 20-40 minutes (intead of 1-1.5 hours) during "peak" CW season, I took my chances and grinded it out.

Edited by Dark Jackal, 01 May 2015 - 08:46 AM.

#65 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:47 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 01 May 2015 - 03:42 AM, said:

What does these have to do with how many hours he played? I have gone 36 hour+ stretches playing games. With a job, wife and newborn.

I think all he's trying to say is it's impossible to put that many hours into the game in a week w/o neglecting irl responsibilities. Kinda true...

#66 Tool Box

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 219 posts
  • LocationDealing with a lance of enemies by myself.

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:33 AM

School op, I had to do way too much work between that and looking for a job, only got 10 matches in. My match scores in those are all 250+, one was 500+ which was my best match yet though, so that was fun.

Edited by Tool Box, 01 May 2015 - 09:34 AM.

#67 Warchanter

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 11:43 AM

42 points actually... think I had like 28 on Sunday night so wouldn't have made it anywhere close without the extension. Probably could have wedged a few more in there but at that point I was ready to start tinkering with the Warhawk... played as Ghost Bear merc so, queue times were never a factor... I think I had probably 5 or 6 drops that didn't qualify, just really got stomped by some ultra-efficient 12-man's... other than those though I can honestly say that most of the teams I landed on did a nice job of communicating and trying to play smart and together...

I thought it got a lot more difficult to win attacks toward the end as everyone grew accustomed to the repeated attack strategies that were being used on all of the maps. Boreal especially... got really difficult to even get gates open on that map after a while...

It was nice to have some individual goals to play for and at the same time also be playing for the event win, I enjoyed it a lot...

Edited by Warchanter, 01 May 2015 - 11:44 AM.

#68 TKSax

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 01 May 2015 - 12:01 PM

64 Games 64 Points :)

Got all 50 in the first weekend.

#69 sundanca

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 27 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 May 2015 - 12:50 PM

Made 31 points and this was enough for me :)
Could easily reach 50 because of 0 waiting times for Clanner but real life did not allowed this :(

#70 Tyler Valentine

• Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:45 PM

the queue was so long (not that i mind that much, gives me time to get stuff done around the house :P ). i really wanted to get there but it would have required 40+ hours and I just couldn't do it...28 when all was said and done.

#71 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 01 May 2015 - 03:26 PM

Got 52 pts from 52 matches.

Lost Saturday and Sunday primarily due to computer downtime (needed a new machine).

What still sucks is that after having the new machine, UI 2.0's mechlab is still terribly slow.

#72 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 08:14 PM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 30 April 2015 - 08:35 PM, said:

The big take away for me is simply: CW is more fun when there is more people. To get more people, CW needs more incentives. BUFF CBILLS FOR CW. BUFF LOYALIST REWARDS TO STABILIZE CW FACTION POPULATIONS

Agreed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users