• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:51 AM

View PostSummon3r, on 28 July 2015 - 07:47 AM, said:

ghost heat FTL

BUT you could use a macro to chain-fire in pairs. I doubt the enemy would react well to that hail of bullets. :)

#142 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 03 October 2015 - 12:25 PM

The Woodsman is top on my list. In 3050 it would be second line, but in MWO it would be a great Clan omnimech. What the Summoner should have been due to the way MWO has balanced things. Sarna states it has more than two variants, the others are just not mentioned, so one could be apocryphal. I know mech quality when I see it and Endo Steel and pod mounted jump-jets take the Woodsman past most current MWO omnimechs.

I researched the Woodsman, very interesting stuff;

The Woodsman

Old in 3050, but still around. Heavy omnimech, 2865, progenitor for the Timber Wolf and others. In 3050 it is likely to have been in use in the Dark Caste (aka Bandit Caste), the unacknowledged Clan of outlaws, bandits, and clan outcasts that remained unsanctioned, but used by the Clan societies as a place to hide their failures more or less. Not much else is known about the Dark Caste, but it's certainly got a lot of roleplay value to utilize. They would be using the Woodsman in 3050.

The Woodsman prime has only one known variant, but Sarna explains this is just the most popular of the Woodsman variants so there were others and they could be logically deduced to create a few likely apocryphal variants.

Edited by Lightfoot, 03 October 2015 - 02:34 PM.

#143 Josef Koba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 527 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 12:39 PM

I want all the mechs.

#144 T5 Frag

Rookie

• Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 01:35 PM

I want the Grendel, Piranha and Thresher....and by the way The Clan Diamond Sharks!!!!

#145 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 05 October 2015 - 06:59 PM

View PostLightfoot, on 03 October 2015 - 12:25 PM, said:

The Woodsman is top on my list. In 3050 it would be second line, but in MWO it would be a great Clan omnimech. What the Summoner should have been due to the way MWO has balanced things. Sarna states it has more than two variants, the others are just not mentioned, so one could be apocryphal. I know mech quality when I see it and Endo Steel and pod mounted jump-jets take the Woodsman past most current MWO omnimechs.

I researched the Woodsman, very interesting stuff;

The Woodsman

Old in 3050, but still around. Heavy omnimech, 2865, progenitor for the Timber Wolf and others. In 3050 it is likely to have been in use in the Dark Caste (aka Bandit Caste), the unacknowledged Clan of outlaws, bandits, and clan outcasts that remained unsanctioned, but used by the Clan societies as a place to hide their failures more or less. Not much else is known about the Dark Caste, but it's certainly got a lot of roleplay value to utilize. They would be using the Woodsman in 3050.

The Woodsman prime has only one known variant, but Sarna explains this is just the most popular of the Woodsman variants so there were others and they could be logically deduced to create a few likely apocryphal variants.

"A few dark caste bandits may have a Woodsman" doesn't really translate to significant, but I suppose I have no qualms about it being included in the game. Whether PGI would dedicate time x money to develop a new omnimech that functionally serves the same purpose as the Timber Wolf is another matter entirely. I'd rather have a Night Gyr.

Edited by Repasy, 05 October 2015 - 06:59 PM.

#146 NUJRSYDEVIL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:19 AM

Firemoth and Kodiak.

I feel like the clans deserve a viable option for an assault mech and a VERY fast light after suffering so long until we received the Arctic Cheetah.

I would like to see the Templar, Linebacker, and Thug in the next Resistance pck.

#147 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 06 October 2015 - 11:50 AM

View PostNUJRSYDEVIL, on 06 October 2015 - 08:19 AM, said:

Firemoth and Kodiak.

I feel like the clans deserve a viable option for an assault mech and a VERY fast light after suffering so long until we received the Arctic Cheetah.

I would like to see the Templar, Linebacker, and Thug in the next Resistance pck.

Being Ghost Bear... Yes, I agree with Firemoth (Gotta go fast!) and the Kodiak.

Firemoth would potentially break the game at this state of their netcode as it goes too fast... unless they nerfed it's speed a little... which I could be alright with to get it in game. I run a ACH with a FireMoth Prime build, 2xERML, SRM4, SRM6... mind you it then has JJ and ECM... Imgine the hill humping a firemoth could do though. You have like 1 or 2 meters to fire before you even see them haha with its arms sticking up in the air like that.

Kodiak would be deadly, I have also built a Kodiak 1 build (Stock Kodiak) on a DireWhale, but I am left with 10 or so tons free with nothing to spend it on...

#148 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 07 October 2015 - 12:57 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 06 October 2015 - 11:50 AM, said:

Being Ghost Bear... Yes, I agree with Firemoth (Gotta go fast!) and the Kodiak.

Firemoth would potentially break the game at this state of their netcode as it goes too fast... unless they nerfed it's speed a little... which I could be alright with to get it in game. I run a ACH with a FireMoth Prime build, 2xERML, SRM4, SRM6... mind you it then has JJ and ECM... Imgine the hill humping a firemoth could do though. You have like 1 or 2 meters to fire before you even see them haha with its arms sticking up in the air like that.

Kodiak would be deadly, I have also built a Kodiak 1 build (Stock Kodiak) on a DireWhale, but I am left with 10 or so tons free with nothing to spend it on...

See, I just can't accept the whole "going over the speed limit breaks the game" argument, my reasoning being simply that speed is relative. ie., if they shrunk the size of everything in-game proportionally (mechs, terrain, VELOCITY, etc.), it wouldn't seem like anything had changed from our perspective BUT according to the programming everything would be smaller & slower, thus making room for the Firemoth's speed. Because speed is relative to perspective, this is possible. And this is why I strongly believe that we will eventually have the Firemoth.

Edited by Repasy, 07 October 2015 - 12:58 PM.

#149 BansheeNTD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 549 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 01:09 PM

No Kodiak?~ NO KODIAK?~

#150 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts
  • LocationClan Ghost Bear Occupation Zone.

Posted 07 October 2015 - 01:16 PM

The next Clan wave should be totem mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users