But, but, but... two RAC/5!!!

#42 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:13 PM

I'm going to guess the Night Gyr will be the next heavy, and I'm excited for it :D

#43 Chuanhao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 520 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:44 PM

The Clan Tukayyid pack seems too Jade Falcon to me.

I would like to see all the original 16 clan mechs. so its fire moth and Viper for light and medium

For heavy, we have two 65 tonnes in game, so the night gyr would be the bette potentially OP choice.

Finally, we have three fast moving clan mechs. Another weapons platform like the Turkina would be good

Thanks for the list.

#44 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:06 PM

Man this would be an awesome pack:

Light: Firemoth
Medium: Viper
Heavy: Night Gyr
Assault: Kingfisher

Bonus: Black Lanner

All 3052 and we finally finish off TRO 3050.

#45 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 06:09 AM

Now I got myself thinking on next possible Clan mech choices. The criteria so far are it has to be omnimech and not too far away in the timeline. Much more importantly, new mechs have to actually fulfil their unique roles to avoid unnecessary duplication, and here the criteria tend to get much more vague. Mine are that there is a fast/mobile mech and a well armed mech in a 5 ton bracket that is not identical to what we have at the moment (I was considering TRO 3050, 3055 and 3058). Here is how it looks.
  • 20-25 tons - Mist Lynx? Seriously? And the only alternatives are Fire Moth (against which the devs spoke out recently) and Fire Falcon (which does not seem to have JJ or ECM).
  • 30-35 tons - actually OK. We have Kit Fox and Adder for firepower and Arctic Cheetah for run and gun. Hardly anything new there.
  • 40-45 tons - we have Ice Ferret that can run and Shadow Cat that can do everything else :D Thing is, they are both 45 tons, so something is in order for 40 ton weight, but what? Viper is an absolute joke with 1 ton pod space over Mist Lynx (being almost twice as heavy and without ECM), but Phantom has even two tons less and no JJ. Battle Cobra has been discussed already and, considering all of the above, does not seem all that bad, as does Pouncer (15.5 tons pod space, hardwired JJ, same old 97 kph but no ECM).
  • 50-55 tons - either JJ (Nova) or pod space (Stormcrow) but not together and with no real speed option. For speed we have Black Lanner (120-150 kph of it with or w/o MASC, ECM but no JJ and even less pod space than Nova), and for all other things Huntsman (essentially Stormcrow with JJ... and a mohawk).
  • 60-65 tons - all bases covered already. Might squeeze in Linebacker (only mech in this group with JJ), but personally I am not convinced with 17.5 tons pod space.
  • 70-75 tons - pretty much only Night Gyr as discussed above, since Nova Cat appears only in TRO 3060 with all of its heavy lasers, HAGs and ATM (not featured in early configs so who knows?).
  • 80-85 tons - no Arrow IV to the leg actuator? :lol: Forget Naga then. Only Blood Asp... but that is even less likely than Nova Cat.
  • 90-100 tons - Kingfisher (even less pod space than Executioner with none of its compensation) or Turkina (10 tons of pod space over Warhawk with hardwired JJ). Hardly even a contest, but we already have D-Wolf-S, so I am not sure.

Edited by Sniper09121986, 09 May 2015 - 06:13 AM.

#46 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 09 May 2015 - 06:38 AM

View PostSniper09121986, on 09 May 2015 - 06:09 AM, said:

Now I got myself thinking on next possible Clan mech choices. The criteria so far are it has to be omnimech and not too far away in the timeline. Much more importantly, new mechs have to actually fulfil their unique roles to avoid unnecessary duplication, and here the criteria tend to get much more vague. Mine are that there is a fast/mobile mech and a well armed mech in a 5 ton bracket that is not identical to what we have at the moment (I was considering TRO 3050, 3055 and 3058). Here is how it looks.
  • 20-25 tons - Mist Lynx? Seriously? And the only alternatives are Fire Moth (against which the devs spoke out recently) and Fire Falcon (which does not seem to have JJ or ECM).
  • 30-35 tons - actually OK. We have Kit Fox and Adder for firepower and Arctic Cheetah for run and gun. Hardly anything new there.
  • 40-45 tons - we have Ice Ferret that can run and Shadow Cat that can do everything else :D Thing is, they are both 45 tons, so something is in order for 40 ton weight, but what? Viper is an absolute joke with 1 ton pod space over Mist Lynx (being almost twice as heavy and without ECM), but Phantom has even two tons less and no JJ. Battle Cobra has been discussed already and, considering all of the above, does not seem all that bad, as does Pouncer (15.5 tons pod space, hardwired JJ, same old 97 kph but no ECM).
  • 50-55 tons - either JJ (Nova) or pod space (Stormcrow) but not together and with no real speed option. For speed we have Black Lanner (120-150 kph of it with or w/o MASC, ECM but no JJ and even less pod space than Nova), and for all other things Huntsman (essentially Stormcrow with JJ... and a mohawk).
  • 60-65 tons - all bases covered already. Might squeeze in Linebacker (only mech in this group with JJ), but personally I am not convinced with 17.5 tons pod space.
  • 70-75 tons - pretty much only Night Gyr as discussed above, since Nova Cat appears only in TRO 3060 with all of its heavy lasers, HAGs and ATM (not featured in early configs so who knows?).
  • 80-85 tons - no Arrow IV to the leg actuator? :lol: Forget Naga then. Only Blood Asp... but that is even less likely than Nova Cat.
  • 90-100 tons - Kingfisher (even less pod space than Executioner with none of its compensation) or Turkina (10 tons of pod space over Warhawk with hardwired JJ). Hardly even a contest, but we already have D-Wolf-S, so I am not sure.

I actually find Mist Lynx a decent mech. It is certainly fun to pilot (the only issues are the big arms and lack of torso hardpoints).

Viper is better in almost every aspect over the Ice Ferret. Besides, it will fly! (8 hardwired jump jets). And it is a 40 tonner.
Battle Cobra and Stooping Hawk sucks.
Black Lanner is a terrific mech that can look amazing or horrible, depending on the artist.

The Linebacker has jumpjets only in the H configuation that is far away in the timeline (3062), so it don't add much.
Night Gyr is a beast and a no-brainer for the next Clan pack.

And between the Turkina and the Kingfisher, there is no real choice.

If PGI doesn't release the Firemoth (without MASC), chances are we will get a full "Jade Falcon mech pack". (and oh boy, those mechs will be sweet)

#47 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:29 AM

View PostRepasy, on 01 May 2015 - 09:26 AM, said:

I've analyzed all the leftover Clan mechs that fit the current timeline, and here is my subsequent prediction on when/what we will see.

First off, I predict we won't be seeing any non-omni Clan mech chassis for quite a while (yea, unfortunately this means no Kodiak, Conjurer, Stone Rhino & any of the TOTALLY AWESOME IIC mechs). I made this prediction based off two points.

The first point is that PGI's current trend is to only release a mech if there are three or more variants available in the timeline, and that would currently be the Clan Invasion (3050 - 3052). That makes all but six mechs invalid: Bowman, Incubus, Jenner IIC, Locust IIC, Trebuchet IIC, and Wolfhound IIC. There are four IIC mechs available in the timeline, but this leads to my second point, that PGI releases mechs in 4-paks containing one mech of each weight class. So three lights and one medium don't really fit into a 4-pak. We could possibly see these six mechs released as individuals, but seeing as six battlemechs won't make much of a splash compared to the 17 or so omnimechs available, it's safe to say that Clantech will be omni-exclusive for the foreseeable future.

Sorry, your first point is invalid.
Enforcer-5P
Mauler-MX90
Mauler-1P
Mauler-2P

Seems PGI will make up variants based on some criteria so nothing prevents them from making up variants for non-omnis except whatever that criteria is.

#48 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:30 AM

Clan Wave 4: Heavy Firepower

Stone Rhino
Kodiak
Warhammer IIC
Marauder IIC

yes please.

#49 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 09 May 2015 - 02:55 PM

View PostWildstreak, on 09 May 2015 - 07:29 AM, said:

Enforcer-5P
Mauler-MX90
Mauler-1P
Mauler-2P

Seems PGI will make up variants based on some criteria so nothing prevents them from making up variants for non-omnis except whatever that criteria is.

Well, there are still TWO waves worth of Clan Omnimechs available. Based on that fact alone, it's pretty likely we will continue to see Omnimechs only for the Clans. Clans will not get battlemechs until PGI is ready to give the IS their Omnimechs. That means waiting until at least circa 3056.

#50 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 03:02 PM

View PostRepasy, on 09 May 2015 - 02:55 PM, said:

That means waiting until at least circa 3056.

We can only hope PGI will not stick with 1:1 timeline progression, because more and more people (including myself) are calling for new tech and weapon systems, and that is 3060... I cannot wait for Wave 3 already!

#51 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 09 May 2015 - 03:09 PM

View PostSniper09121986, on 09 May 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

We can only hope PGI will not stick with 1:1 timeline progression, because more and more people (including myself) are calling for new tech and weapon systems, and that is 3060... I cannot wait for Wave 3 already!

In a sense they already have thrown out the 1:1 time progression. The Battle of Tukayyid of 3052 was a 2 year timeleap, since according to their 1:1 progression it should be the year 3050 right now.

With their new "season" progression, it seems for now that each 6 month period will cover the Clan Invasion from 3050 to 3052, then reset for the next season. But I can definitely see them advancing the season into a FedCom setting (3062 - 3067), then a Jihad setting (3067 - 3081). Just expect to wait at least a couple years before a timeleap.

#52 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 03:14 PM

View PostRepasy, on 09 May 2015 - 03:09 PM, said:

In a sense they already have thrown out the 1:1 time progression. The Battle of Tukayyid of 3052 was a 2 year timeleap, since according to their 1:1 progression it should be the year 3050 right now.

With their new "season" progression, it seems for now that each 6 month period will cover the Clan Invasion from 3050 to 3052, then reset for the next season. But I can definitely see them advancing the season into a FedCom setting (3062 - 3067), then a Jihad setting (3067 - 3081). Just expect to wait at least a couple years before a timeleap.

Makes sense, but ANOTHER couple of years with same old meta... :wacko:

#53 LifelesssGraphitePlanet

Rookie

• Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSydney, Lifeless Graphite Planet

Posted 09 May 2015 - 04:44 PM

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Grizzly

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Kodiak

shocked these two never got a mention.

#54 ChapeL

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 04:56 PM

Because they are second line battlemechs and not omnis : \

#55 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:07 PM

View PostWildstreak, on 09 May 2015 - 07:29 AM, said:

Enforcer-5P
Mauler-MX90
Mauler-1P
Mauler-2P

actually... the Mauler-MX90 is a real thing. However it is now known as the "Dakou" which is pretty much a draconis combine Mauler. same tonnage, same profile, same looks, simular weapons
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Daboku
On top of that it was originally an "early' mauler but later on the 3050 tro rewrote that history a little bit. One famous example of this is the fact the "mauler" in the animated series battletech is actually the modern Dakoku.

Also from memory the 1P or 2P is based on the Linesman which is another Mauler-mech but it's apocryphal

Also you forgot the Shadowcat P, which is actually the J but early version-ised by PGI
the J had... 6 Anti Personal Gauss rifles (same weight as clan MG's) and 1 HAG 20 (same weight as gauss rifle)

Enforcer 5P is basically the only 100% unique mech they made and it fits the Davion doctrine quite well.

There is a very tight limit to making 'new' variants for PGi and I assume (unless hero) they will avoid it at all costs.

#56 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:21 PM

View PostLifelesssGraphitePlanet, on 09 May 2015 - 04:44 PM, said:

Because they both only have 1 variant in time line and the 2nd one for the kodiak is a snow raven exclusive last time I checked...

#57 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:25 PM

PGI has pretty much made it clear the timeline means nothing, so expect later mechs too. The Nova Cat may not be as far out as we thought.

As for mechs with only one variant, the mauler only has one canon variant, but PGI made up 3 others and put it in the pack and its good.

#58 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:44 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 09 May 2015 - 05:25 PM, said:

PGI has pretty much made it clear the timeline means nothing, so expect later mechs too. The Nova Cat may not be as far out as we thought.

As for mechs with only one variant, the mauler only has one canon variant, but PGI made up 3 others and put it in the pack and its good.

Actually all mechs so far have been up to 3050 (produced, keep in mind lore wise clans did fight other clans and that is in CW, so Couldron born first saw IS by 3052, but first saw action in 3050)
Battle of tukayyid happened earlier because the playerbase in CW pushed that hard and fast.(and it was clear a reset map will occur soon, The same way in time line house steiner and davion didn't fight each other until the 3060's.

PGI has no control over what the players do as it is player freedom and politics.

#59 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:59 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 09 May 2015 - 05:25 PM, said:

2 of them are cannon and 1 is apocryphal.

#60 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 06:01 PM

eh, i would like some second line mechs... even jenner iic would be amazing

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users