149 replies to this topic

#81 Sniper09121986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 08:50 AM

View PostR79TCom1 Night Lanner, on 24 May 2015 - 06:43 AM, said:

** Laser Heat Sinks could be introduced as a cosmetic feature on the Night Gyr.

Actually it is said somewhere they later just put in ordinary DHS there at some point, so nevermind that. And no Arrow IV for us, I am afraid.

View PostKursedVixen, on 24 May 2015 - 07:37 AM, said:

i want a firemoth.even without masc it runs at 163

Well, that seems actually feasible. The speed is still OK, and MASC frees up another 1 tonne and a slot for equipment. Too bad it is in CT, so nothing explosive there, but still I believe it is an option if PGI is so hell-bent on not giving Clans an inch over the IS. And by the way, Locust with MASC will not be much slower than Fire Moth.

#82 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 24 May 2015 - 09:14 AM

View PostR79TCom1 Night Lanner, on 24 May 2015 - 06:43 AM, said:

Just my two Kerensky's but here is how I think PGI should roll out the next waves of Clan 'Mechs:

Clan Jade Falcon Pack:
Fire Falcon
Black Lanner
Night Gyr**
Turkina

Clan Wolf Pack:
Pouncer
Phantom
Linebacker
Naga*

Clan Ghost Bear Pack:
Fire Moth
Viper
Grizzly***
Kodiak***

Clan Smoke Jaguar Pack - this is the tough one since Wave 3 is mostly OmniMechs heavily used by CSJ. So I think for this Pack I would say that they should add 'Mechs used by the missing invader Clans -- Steel Viper, Nova Cat, and Diamond Shark with a Smoke Jaguar BattleMech:
Piranha
Mongrel (Grengel)/Battle Cobra
Black Python (Viper)/Huntsman (Nobori-nin)/Crossbow
Stone Rhino***

* Arrow IV should be weapon system that has a steep angle of fire that can clear most terrain; a minimum range equal to or higher than IS LRMs; damage is done similar to artillery attacks.
** Laser Heat Sinks could be introduced as a cosmetic feature on the Night Gyr.
*** First Clan BattleMechs: construction rules would be the same as IS BattleMechs.

Arrow IV should have a huge minimum range (something like 300 or 400m) and slow rate of fire. Unfortunately, the greatest obstacles are the weapon allocation itself (takes both an arm and a side torso) and how this weapon is fixed in the Naga.

Call me a purist, but I don't like the idea of packs with omnimechs and battlemechs together. So Ghost Bear assault omnimech could be the Kingfisher. For the heavy omnimech, there are only two (bad) options: Crossbow and Woodsman.

BTW, Huntsman is medium...

#83 WhisksSpatulasAndOrMathequations

• PipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:09 AM

First attempt at a Mech build? TinkerCAD sucks for this. Here it is on Thingiverse http://www.thingiver...om/thing:846472 if you happen to have a 3D printer. Torso only. The Battle Cobra did not seem to have much artwork so I felt it might have more freedom to explore a design. I think I need to start scrap this one and start completely over.

#84 -Skyrider-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 157 posts
  • Locationall about that Seattle life

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:34 PM

OK to get a pack to fill the empty weight slots and be cool we might see something like this (I know the turkina is not on here, but the clans need a 90 tonner slot)

Light: Firemoth
Medium: Blacklanner
Heavy: Night gyr
Assault: Kingfisher
Reward/ Extra: Viper, Phantom

#85 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,893 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:34 PM

Next clan wave: Wave nada all clan players will have left the game after their wave 3 mechs meet the chopping block.

#86 R79TCom1 Night Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest, USA

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:48 AM

View PostSniper09121986, on 24 May 2015 - 08:50 AM, said:

Actually it is said somewhere they later just put in ordinary DHS there at some point, so nevermind that...

True. And I guess a 75 ton 'Mech not effected by environmental heat would be a little OP. But having it glow bright green when over heating would be pretty cool.

View PostOdanan, on 24 May 2015 - 09:14 AM, said:

Arrow IV should have a huge minimum range (something like 300 or 400m) and slow rate of fire. Unfortunately, the greatest obstacles are the weapon allocation itself (takes both an arm and a side torso) and how this weapon is fixed in the Naga.

Call me a purist, but I don't like the idea of packs with omnimechs and battlemechs together. So Ghost Bear assault omnimech could be the Kingfisher. For the heavy omnimech, there are only two (bad) options: Crossbow and Woodsman.

BTW, Huntsman is medium...

I agree. The minimum range should be crazy for Arrow IVs meaning that if a unit fielded one it would need support to stay back or it would be easy pickings for fast lights. I forgot the Arrows were fixed in the Naga and took up arm and torso slots. I thought having them as missile slots would make a LRM or SRM Naga an alternative option but it looks like there would be a lot more than Arrow IVs to introduce into MWO if it was put out...so scratch that one.

I forgot about the Kingfisher, but The thought the introduction of the first Clan BattleMechs as well as one of them being the Kodiak would be a selling point. That said, the Kingfisher and Crossbow would be okay replacements if they went the all OmniMech route.

The Watch agent who gave me the intelligence on the Huntsman has been repremantaded and has asked for surkai.

#87 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:58 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 25 May 2015 - 01:34 PM, said:

Next clan wave: Wave nada all clan players will have left the game after their wave 3 mechs meet the chopping block.

IF by all Clan players you mean all the battletech fans who enjoyed curb-stomping people with superior Clantech who would flip table and have a baby tantrum every time a Locust scored a lucky ammo explosion on a Dire Wolf... THEN GOOD RIDDANCE. :D

All the important Clan players have already adapted to the fact that in MW:O Clantech is not superior, just different. Where is the fun in piloting OP mechs? Where is the SKILL in piloting OP mechs? Answer: there is none, it is only the illusion of fun/skill.

View PostR79TCom1 Night Lanner, on 26 May 2015 - 11:48 AM, said:

True. And I guess a 75 ton 'Mech not effected by environmental heat would be a little OP. But having it glow bright green when over heating would be pretty cool.

Having a heat sink type unaffected by environment could be a cool novelty. It would not suffer penalties from environmental heat, but it also would not gain bonuses from cold environments or water submersion. And the glowing heatsinks, although looking cool, would give away your position immediately. That's enough balance of penalties & advantages for me! :P

#88 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,893 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:00 PM

View PostSniper09121986, on 24 May 2015 - 08:50 AM, said:

Actually it is said somewhere they later just put in ordinary DHS there at some point, so nevermind that. And no Arrow IV for us, I am afraid.

Well, that seems actually feasible. The speed is still OK, and MASC frees up another 1 tonne and a slot for equipment. Too bad it is in CT, so nothing explosive there, but still I believe it is an option if PGI is so hell-bent on not giving Clans an inch over the IS. And by the way, Locust with MASC will not be much slower than Fire Moth.
we're getting masc on the gladiator and shadow cat

#89 WhisksSpatulasAndOrMathequations

• PipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:37 PM

View PostRepasy, on 01 May 2015 - 09:26 AM, said:

I've analyzed all the leftover Clan mechs that fit the current timeline, and here is my subsequent prediction on when/what we will see.

First off, I predict we won't be seeing any non-omni Clan mech chassis for quite a while (yea, unfortunately this means no Kodiak, Conjurer, Stone Rhino & any of the TOTALLY AWESOME IIC mechs). I made this prediction based off two points.

The first point is that PGI's current trend is to only release a mech if there are three or more variants available in the timeline, and that would currently be the Clan Invasion (3050 - 3052). That makes all but six mechs invalid: Bowman, Incubus, Jenner IIC, Locust IIC, Trebuchet IIC, and Wolfhound IIC. There are four IIC mechs available in the timeline, but this leads to my second point, that PGI releases mechs in 4-paks containing one mech of each weight class. So three lights and one medium don't really fit into a 4-pak. We could possibly see these six mechs released as individuals, but seeing as six battlemechs won't make much of a splash compared to the 17 or so omnimechs available, it's safe to say that Clantech will be omni-exclusive for the foreseeable future.

Having taken care of that, here are the omnimech choices left:

20ton Fire Moth

25ton Fire Falcon (3052)

40ton Battle Cobra, Viper, Pouncer, Coyotl (outdated), Phantom (3052)

45ton Mongrel (3053)

50ton Huntsman

55ton Stooping Hawk, Black Lanner (3052)

60ton Lupus (outdated)

65ton Crossbow, Linebacker (3052)

75ton Woodsman (outdated), Night Gyr (3052)

80ton Naga (requires development of Arrow IV)

90ton Kingfisher

95ton Turkina (3052)

Taking into account these mech choices, their tonnage, weapons loadout, number of variants, popularity and whether or not they're outdated predecessors to existing mechs (ex. Timber Wolf is based off of the Woodsman, which only has Prime and A variants anyways), there is enough here to make two mech packs:

CLAN WAVE 4 MECH PAK:

20ton Fire Moth

40ton Viper

65ton Crossbow

90ton Kingfisher

(possible bonus) 50ton Huntsman

CLAN TUKAYYID UPDATE 3052:

25ton Fire Falcon

55ton Black Lanner

75ton Night Gyr

95ton Turkina

(possible bonus) 40ton Phantom

The remaining mechs (and unused bonus mechs) could be introduced individually, like some of the IS chassis were:

40ton Battle Cobra

55ton Stooping Hawk

80ton Naga (would require a joint IS/Clan release of Arrow IV missile system)

45ton Mongrel (3053: technically does not fit timeline but might come soon after)

40ton Pouncer and 65ton Linebacker (both make good alternate choices as bonus mechs for either of the mech packs above, or could be released together in a sub-pack, since they're rather similar in design and philosophy)

Mechs that won't make the list (probably):

40ton Coyotl: The original test-bed for omnitech, henceforth EXTREMELY important. Sadly, it only had a Prime and A variant, so we won't see this mech unless PGI decides to go MAX apocryphal.

60ton Lupus: This mech is the predecessor of the Mad Dog, and subsequently very similar. It even has the same tonnage, so including it might be rather redundant. However, there are three variants available. Still, very low chance of seeing this mech.

75ton Woodsman: This mech is the predecessor of the Timber Wolf but unlike the Lupus only has two variants. (excluding UK Frankenstein variants, which don't even have the same tonnage... dafu-)

That completes the list of near-future Clan mech contenders. Feel free to share your thoughts on whether you believe my mechpak choices are good or bad, your favourite mechs / mechpaks, or any other mechs that I may have excluded from the list.

This a great post. I have been going in and trying my hand at designing a few of the mechs. Just posted my Bushwacker torso to thingiverse
http://www.thingiver...om/thing:855767

Edited by 717, 29 May 2015 - 04:38 PM.

#90 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 30 May 2015 - 06:20 AM

why bother pre-purchasing mech packs at all - within 3-6 months of their release, the mechs you buy will be less than what they were when you first get them in your mechbay.

#91 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 27 June 2015 - 09:01 AM

Apparently it was confirmed on the 25th that the next wave will be IIC mechs. Although I still really want to see remaining omnimechs of the time period, this is an exciting development! This may mean that IS Omnis are not too far off! :)

#92 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 27 June 2015 - 10:06 AM

View PostRepasy, on 27 June 2015 - 09:01 AM, said:

Apparently it was confirmed on the 25th that the next wave will be IIC mechs. Although I still really want to see remaining omnimechs of the time period, this is an exciting development! This may mean that IS Omnis are not too far off! :)

Remaining Omnimechs would be Firemoth and Viper. I can almost see them trying to fix HSR and also get the speed allowance up to 200+. Release 2 IIC packs (3 if they can convince HG to license Unseen) and go for Clan Loyalist packs after. IE: Viper, Firemoth, Grizzly and Kodiak for CGB. Turkina, Fire Falcon, etc, etc for CJF, ETC for Clan Wolf and Smoke Jaguar.

#93 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 27 June 2015 - 10:40 AM

View PostATTAKHAN666, on 01 May 2015 - 11:15 AM, said:

Next Clan wave or not the Turkina was meant to be available to the clans to fight Tukayyid, we in this alternate universe did not have this available and as such this should be the REWARD TO THE CLANS FOR WINNING TUKAYYID AT A MINOR COST WITH SPECIAL CAMO OF YOUR CLAN CHOICE. It would show us that there is customer appreciation from the bosses out there for our hard work and BIG dollars spent by us.

There allready was a customer appreciation programm for your "hard work", and i woudn´t say the bosses dont care if
you take all the "iungame currency rewards for 30 point´s" event´s into consideration.
Give them a little finger and they want the whole hand :D

#94 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 04:54 PM

Bet they are. IIC Mechs were out long before IS Omnis.

#95 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 28 June 2015 - 05:34 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 27 June 2015 - 10:06 AM, said:

Remaining Omnimechs would be Firemoth and Viper. I can almost see them trying to fix HSR and also get the speed allowance up to 200+. Release 2 IIC packs (3 if they can convince HG to license Unseen) and go for Clan Loyalist packs after. IE: Viper, Firemoth, Grizzly and Kodiak for CGB. Turkina, Fire Falcon, etc, etc for CJF, ETC for Clan Wolf and Smoke Jaguar.

Fire Moth, Viper...
And Huntsman, and Black Lanner, and Fire Falcon.

Pouncer.

Phantom.

Linebacker.

Turkina.

Eff it. There are a ton of Omnimechs still left to pick within the current time frame. Which is what confuses me. Why introduce another untested tech style when we still have (good) omnis left?

Edit for clarity:

Just a mite bit confusing that they would introduce battlemechs with clan weapons, of which they need to determine an appropriate amount of customization tolerances in the lab to keep them in check. It is a whole new thing they need to balance, from the ground up. As much as I would love to see Clan battlemechs like the Supernova or Vapor Eagle, they did not finish installing Omnis yet.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 28 June 2015 - 05:46 AM.

#96 Phantom360

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 92 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOver where the grass is greener.

Posted 28 June 2015 - 06:13 AM

Hmm... Wonder if the IIC pack will be named something different to the wave packs, like 'Second Line Advance' or something along those lines :3

#97 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 28 June 2015 - 06:46 AM

I think Russ said he does not "feel the pressure" of making IS OmniMechs.. Though i would like to see them.

#98 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 28 June 2015 - 06:58 AM

I'd actually feel bad for the IS if they got their Omnis. A ton of them come stock standard with Single Heat Sinks, Ferro, but no Endo. :\

#99 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 28 June 2015 - 08:36 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 28 June 2015 - 06:58 AM, said:

I'd actually feel bad for the IS if they got their Omnis. A ton of them come stock standard with Single Heat Sinks, Ferro, but no Endo. :\

Hmm. I am not an expert, this may be a concern. After all, the first OmniMechs were experimental, it is not like they had centuries to refine that tech..

Btw, i actually expect a lot of IS players complaining because their "Omni"-Mechs are too limited compared to their Battlemechs, while Clan Battlemechs will be so OP!1!1 ..

Kind of the opposite of what we have now. You shall see.. :P

#100 JRR1285

• PipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 28 June 2015 - 09:11 AM

I am worried it won't make it in due to engine constraints but I want the Firemoth so bad.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users