#181 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:35 PM

View PostN0MAD, on 04 May 2015 - 07:33 PM, said:

so am i (founder) your point?

You are another I remember from CB that needs to go away.

Afraid to fly the flag?

Edited by Yokaiko, 04 May 2015 - 07:35 PM.

#182 N0MAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:38 PM

View PostYokaiko, on 04 May 2015 - 07:35 PM, said:

You are another I remember from CB that needs to go away.

Afraid to fly the flag?

fly the flag?

#183 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:41 PM

View PostN0MAD, on 04 May 2015 - 07:38 PM, said:

fly the flag?

You are a founder posting in CW, without so much as a faction tag OR founder banner.

.......you scurred?

#184 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:44 PM

View PostYokaiko, on 04 May 2015 - 07:41 PM, said:

You are a founder posting in CW, without so much as a faction tag OR founder banner.

.......you scurred?

Actually guilty that i had something to do with letting these so called game developers do what they have done to an IP i loved for 2 decades..
PS.
As far as factions.. theres no such thing anymore, with units been able to change tags at a whim and Mercs in Clans? theres no factions left, its just a joke..

Edited by N0MAD, 04 May 2015 - 07:54 PM.

#185 Caustic Canid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 256 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:54 PM

View PostMystere, on 04 May 2015 - 05:40 PM, said:

What's to convince solo players to go into CW if they can do everything in the former? Exclusivity is there for a reason.

Lp, faction specific rewards, planet ownership and the star map. None of which would be attainable in pub queue.

Of course it could also be argued that if you want solos to enjoy and take part in cw, you should tailor cw towards solos having fun, but since group players are adamantly against that, putting the maps and game modes into the pub queue seems like the best option.

#186 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:31 PM

View PostCaustic Canid, on 04 May 2015 - 07:54 PM, said:

Lp, faction specific rewards, planet ownership and the star map. None of which would be attainable in pub queue.

LP --> Not many care for those.
Faction-specific Rewards --> We don't have any yet.
Planet Ownership ->- Solos don't get to own any.
Star Map --> Apparently, not many care for those.

View PostCaustic Canid, on 04 May 2015 - 07:54 PM, said:

Of course it could also be argued that if you want solos to enjoy and take part in cw, you should tailor cw towards solos having fun, but since group players are adamantly against that, putting the maps and game modes into the pub queue seems like the best option.

Who said group players are adamantly against solos enjoying the game?

Also, do realize that quite a number of solos enjoy playing in CW, myself included, and are not afraid of the 12-boogeymen. It's really vastly overblown based on my personal experience.

Edited by Mystere, 04 May 2015 - 08:31 PM.

#187 Rejarial Galatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:43 PM

you want to make CW a bit better? i have an idea. they COULD make it like this: require a minimum of 4 to start a match. period. BF3 and BF4 do that, and it works absolutely fine. it could be 4 v 0, 3 v 1, 2 v 2. it would work that easy. making it rely on having 2 full teams of 12 players to start a fight is the problem. reduce the starting requirements, and viola.

#188 Caustic Canid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 256 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:45 PM

View PostMystere, on 04 May 2015 - 08:31 PM, said:

LP --> Not many care for those.
Faction-specific Rewards --> We don't have any yet.
Planet Ownership ->- Solos don't get to own any.
Star Map --> Apparently, not many care for those.

Who said group players are adamantly against solos enjoying the game?

Also, do realize that quite a number of solos enjoy playing in CW, myself included, and are not afraid of the 12-boogeymen. It's really vastly overblown based on my personal experience.

I realize that some solos enjoy the game, but apparently not enough to reasonably fill the queues.

As far as solos enjoying the game, generally people who solo are also more casual, so things like spawn camping and coming up against full 12 man teams aren't considered fun. Beyond that, the game modes are stale and the tactics are always the same

If you want more people to play cw, you have to make the game itself more fun. I don't play cw because I don't have fun. Even when I joined a group on TeamSpeak, and we had a full 12, despite the fact that we won, it was still painfully boring. If I wanted to use generic equipment, March in formation, and do the same action over and over again, I would have joined the army. At least they would have paid me.

#189 Texas Merc

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:57 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...ties-the-clans/

Would quote but it's archived. The OP is worth the read.

#190 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 04 May 2015 - 09:13 PM

View PostCaustic Canid, on 04 May 2015 - 08:45 PM, said:

I realize that some solos enjoy the game, but apparently not enough to reasonably fill the queues.

As far as solos enjoying the game, generally people who solo are also more casual, so things like spawn camping and coming up against full 12 man teams aren't considered fun. Beyond that, the game modes are stale and the tactics are always the same

If you want more people to play cw, you have to make the game itself more fun. I don't play cw because I don't have fun. Even when I joined a group on TeamSpeak, and we had a full 12, despite the fact that we won, it was still painfully boring. If I wanted to use generic equipment, March in formation, and do the same action over and over again, I would have joined the army. At least they would have paid me.

its stale because we are required to have 12 on 12 right now. if they go like i suggested above, and repaste here, things will get interesting FAST. repaste:

you want to make CW a bit better? i have an idea. they COULD make it like this: require a minimum of 4 to start a match. period. BF3 and BF4 do that, and it works absolutely fine. it could be 4 v 0, 3 v 1, 2 v 2. it would work that easy. making it rely on having 2 full teams of 12 players to start a fight is the problem. reduce the starting requirements, and viola.

that is how it could be made better with what we have. in fact, id wager on saying, its what I think we should have as far as what is needed to start matches, a minimum of 4, regardless of what side they are on. 2v2 would be ideal for the 4 man req, but, what ever combo, so long as 4 would work to start. heck, add NPCs to the match if its 4 on 0. just saying.

#191 VXJaeger

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 04 May 2015 - 10:51 PM

There's no attacking units, because stealing planets by defending them is easier.

#192 Hades Trooper

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:33 PM

View PostThat Dawg, on 03 May 2015 - 04:29 AM, said:

sheesh....I just liked the work that leads up to a CW drop, theory crafting, splitting limited resources (modules) intelligently among four mechs,.

LOL, good one, who plays CW and only has limited resources?

i have 5-8 of certain modules and least 1 of everything.

If your having to split limted resources than you really need to put more cash into modules

#193 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:50 PM

Part of why I stopped playing CW is because 40 drops in a week would burn just about anyone out.

More than that though, I think many have stopped because the map reset drives home the point that CW is the same as the solo queue, but with less in the way of rewards. Before the reset, you could at least say you got an intangible, "I'm helping Dear Coordinator to crush the smoke jags" "I'm going to make sure Wolf beats Falcon to Terra," etc, and that's fun for a lot of people.

But now that's gone. Why bother? The map was reset, all the progress is gone, and it's all going to be gone again, it has been confirmed. Having planets does nothing, CW pays out a lot less in CB and XP, and the gameplay is a bit more interesting but every bit as repetitive as the solo queue. At least you could have some faction pride before, but the curtain has fallen on that illusion.

#194 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 05 May 2015 - 07:34 AM

View PostCaustic Canid, on 04 May 2015 - 08:45 PM, said:

For the average solo player who does not know any better, when they constantly hear day in and day out that:
  • "They are clubbing us like baby seals!"
  • "We always fight against evil 12-mans!"
  • "Three quarters of our team always dies because of spawn camps!"
  • "It's nothing but light rushes everywhere!"
  • <insert any other CW boogeyman or exaggeration>
tries to play CW once and experiences one of the above, what do you think is their most likely reaction?

#195 sdsnowbum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 170 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:49 AM

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 04 May 2015 - 09:13 PM, said:

its stale because we are required to have 12 on 12 right now. if they go like i suggested above, and repaste here, things will get interesting FAST. repaste:

that is how it could be made better with what we have. in fact, id wager on saying, its what I think we should have as far as what is needed to start matches, a minimum of 4, regardless of what side they are on. 2v2 would be ideal for the 4 man req, but, what ever combo, so long as 4 would work to start. heck, add NPCs to the match if its 4 on 0. just saying.

One nice thing about this is that 12 v 12 would only occur if 12-man teams queued up. Whether it's through LFG or a unit.

I also think 12 v 12 would be extremely rare and require lots of waiting in queue. :P

#196 sdsnowbum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 170 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:00 AM

View PostMystere, on 05 May 2015 - 07:34 AM, said:

For the average solo player who does not know any better, when they constantly hear day in and day out that:
  • "They are clubbing us like baby seals!"
  • "We always fight against evil 12-mans!"
  • "It's nothing but light rushes everywhere!"
tries to play CW once and experiences one of the above, what do you think is their most likely reaction?

Is this a trick question?

I would guess that that person would believe what they are hearing having now experienced it themselves.

They might also have fresh in their minds memories of a long wait time and possibly a lot of defeatism from their own side and elitism from the other side. :(

#197 JaxRiot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 666 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:17 AM

View PostMystere, on 05 May 2015 - 07:34 AM, said:

• "They are clubbing us like baby seals!" -

• "We always fight against evil 12-mans!" -

• "It's nothing but light rushes everywhere!" -

No offense but you did quite a bit of exaggerating yourself there.

Edit- I added responses inside your quote, but it didnt look right. It looked like the you typed it, so I removed them

CW just wasnt made for solo/casual players. Its as simple as that. The Solo que is there for solo players to fill in the gaps, and speaking as a solo/casual player, Im fine with that.

Once MWO goes to Steam there will probably be a lot more players coming, so that should help liven up CW.

But I kind of wonder how those new players from steam will react to CW. Chances are they will be jumping in as Solo players to see what its about, and since the solo CW experience isnt very positive, I wonder how they will review the game over on the Steam website.

Edited by JaxRiot, 05 May 2015 - 10:19 AM.

#198 mania3c

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • 466 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:40 AM

CW is horrible and flawed to the bones..most people wont play it..

Since all resources are funneled into CW, me, as solo player, who quite enjoyed classic modes, have no new content like for a year. and no..new mechs are not new content anymore.

#199 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 05 May 2015 - 11:02 AM

View Postsdsnowbum, on 05 May 2015 - 09:00 AM, said:

Is this a trick question?

I would guess that that person would believe what they are hearing having now experienced it themselves.

They might also have fresh in their minds memories of a long wait time and possibly a lot of defeatism from their own side and elitism from the other side. :(

Complaints about wait times are understandable.

And LOL on the defeatism quip. I've seen PUG players disconnect immediately after seeing the 12-boogeymen enemy team. But fortunately it happens less these days.

As for "elitism", I don't see it much except for the usual characters/units. But I must admit to have been shocked this weekend when I realized I dropped with a CJF 9-man led by an ******* who obviously did not like solo players in his drop. That was the first time I saw one on my faction, which left me with a very low opinion of that unit as a whole.

#200 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 05 May 2015 - 11:07 AM

View PostJaxRiot, on 05 May 2015 - 10:17 AM, said:

No offense but you did quite a bit of exaggerating yourself there.

No offense taken. But, I do suggest reviewing the anti-CW threads and posts again. You'll see I wasn't exaggerating (not much anyway ;)).

As for Steam, that will be a huge publicity nightmare unless things vastly improve.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users