70 replies to this topic

#21 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:35 AM

I would like to see an inventory/warehouse category for modules that will list all the modules you own including the modules installed in mechs. Add a column to indicate which mech the module is installed in. Gray out the "sell" button so it doesn't mess with the mech configuration. You still be able to sell anything not installed, but the modules installed couldn't be sold until you uninstall them from the mech.

Jody

#22 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:25 AM

View PostMcMatt, on 07 May 2015 - 09:16 PM, said:

Yes, only thing that I really wanted in new ML is easier module finding. But you still have to click on every mech ... All modules should be listed - no matter if they are installed or not. And then possibility to simply drag them to new mech.

If they make it easy for you to drag and drop modules from one mech to another.. then no one will ever buy a duplicate module again... no benefit to them.

View PostGalenthor Kerensky, on 13 May 2015 - 02:12 PM, said:

a slight modification to this idea ( I have not had to time to read through everything so it may have already been posted ) is a module management system, where you could not only strip the modules from all of the mechs you have ( as suggested here ) but to be able to do it selectively based on the module you need... ie you need a radar dep module, you click on it, and the game tells you which mechs have that module and give you the option to be able to move it from the mech of your choice to the one you are looking to put it into. I feel that while it will probably be a challenge to the devs to program this in, it will save a smegload of headaches down the line...

See my post above..

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 14 May 2015 - 06:24 AM.

#23 Gaussfather

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 310 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 07:50 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 14 May 2015 - 06:25 AM, said:

If they make it easy for you to drag and drop modules from one mech to another.. then no one will ever buy a duplicate module again... no benefit to them.

See my post above..

True but we are only spending C-bills... I'm cynical too but I think its more poor implementation -- modules only got maddening once they changed categories and added oodles of new weapon modules. Hopefully they will do a mea culpa and fix this for us soon...

#24 Quarkspace

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:38 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 14 May 2015 - 06:25 AM, said:

I never have and never will buy a non-comsumable duplicate module for the reason that it's too much hassle to go and find it - they are too expensive to do that.

If I could choose one feature for the new Mechlab it would be a strip all modules button, everything else is just a nice to have!

#25 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:49 AM

View PostJman88, on 14 May 2015 - 07:50 PM, said:

True but we are only spending C-bills... I'm cynical too but I think its more poor implementation -- modules only got maddening once they changed categories and added oodles of new weapon modules. Hopefully they will do a mea culpa and fix this for us soon...

CBILLS or not, PGI wants you to grind (ie. play the game to increase player base) in order for you to earn Cbills and actually HAVE something to spend it on. They will not make the system so that each of us can make do with only one of each module for say 100 mechs... face it, it just won't happen.

View PostQuarkspace, on 15 May 2015 - 03:38 AM, said:

I never have and never will buy a non-comsumable duplicate module for the reason that it's too much hassle to go and find it - they are too expensive to do that.

If I could choose one feature for the new Mechlab it would be a strip all modules button, everything else is just a nice to have!

I hear ya, and judging from the number of posts under your belt, I can see you are relatively new to the game. In the beginning I too felt the same way as you.. I since realized how futile it is to hope they will change this and have given up. I am now equipping just my favourite mechs with the appropriate modules so they're ready to go.

PS. full disclosure: I have premium time and this helps immensely with earning Cbills. By NOT making it easy to move modules around PGI is giving us a big incentive to purchase premium time. They will make improvements to the game but not go so far as to hurt their bottom line.

Posted Image

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 15 May 2015 - 07:57 AM.

#26 K4t4k1s

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:23 AM

I would agree and put service in front of "klunky" money making. ;)

You could do it with style and give the player more easy ways to change modules, but give also the modules a "bind to mech" feature, with bonus like higher effectiveness, etc.

Best

#27 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 15 May 2015 - 09:54 AM

View PostK4t4k1s, on 15 May 2015 - 08:23 AM, said:

I would agree and put service in front of "klunky" money making. ;)

You could do it with style and give the player more easy ways to change modules, but give also the modules a "bind to mech" feature, with bonus like higher effectiveness, etc.

Best

Yes, instead of ppl offering up solutions that negate having to purchase multiple modules (as it will never happen), we need to come up with solutions similiar to yours. I really do like your solution K4t4k1s.. a good bonus would be 5%. But what if I wanted to remove a 'bound' module, or replace it with another one. How should we handle that?

#28 K4t4k1s

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:10 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 15 May 2015 - 09:54 AM, said:

Yes, instead of ppl offering up solutions that negate having to purchase multiple modules (as it will never happen), we need to come up with solutions similiar to yours. I really do like your solution K4t4k1s.. a good bonus would be 5%. But what if I wanted to remove a 'bound' module, or replace it with another one. How should we handle that?

Thank you, for your nice answer.

I would suggest to make the "unbind" possible, but to make it fair for all parties, for 50% of the module cost.

Best

#29 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:57 AM

View PostK4t4k1s, on 15 May 2015 - 11:10 AM, said:

Thank you, for your nice answer.

I would suggest to make the "unbind" possible, but to make it fair for all parties, for 50% of the module cost.

Best

Listen to this mans idea PGI.

#30 Quarkspace

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted 16 May 2015 - 11:13 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 15 May 2015 - 07:49 AM, said:

PS. full disclosure: I have premium time and this helps immensely with earning Cbills. By NOT making it easy to move modules around PGI is giving us a big incentive to purchase premium time. They will make improvements to the game but not go so far as to hurt their bottom line.

Fair enough. So people with premium time get a remove all modules button. Then bottom line is satisfied and players are satisfied.

#31 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 17 May 2015 - 07:02 PM

View PostQuarkspace, on 16 May 2015 - 11:13 PM, said:

Fair enough. So people with premium time get a remove all modules button. Then bottom line is satisfied and players are satisfied.

That's a crude solution.. it would have to be more refined. Perhaps strip all of one-type of module, or even give me the option which mech to strip from. I just don't feel like re-equipping modules on every mech, every time..

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 17 May 2015 - 07:02 PM.

#32 L Y N X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 629 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:19 PM

(Tongue in cheek...lol) Just do as you know PGI wants, buy modules for each mech you own...

#33 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 18 May 2015 - 05:14 AM

View Post7ynx, on 17 May 2015 - 10:19 PM, said:

(Tongue in cheek...lol) Just do as you know PGI wants, buy modules for each mech you own...

Thanks for your non-input.

#34 Goolschen

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:38 AM

Am I the only one that thinks it is a very poor thing to only make money with a great game by making the UI so very stupid?
I mean 80 bucks for a few mechs is ok but making a poor UI costs them more in player base than they could ever make with it.

#35 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:40 AM

View PostGoolschen, on 19 May 2015 - 09:38 AM, said:

Am I the only one that thinks it is a very poor thing to only make money with a great game by making the UI so very stupid?
I mean 80 bucks for a few mechs is ok but making a poor UI costs them more in player base than they could ever make with it.

The new UI is superb. Check it out here:

#36 Jabilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:04 PM

An easier way to find and manage modules and engines has been asked for AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN.

This is not hyperbole, I am talking literally hundreds of posts since the very first public test of UI 2.0.

I am convinced it is done deliberately to try to make you spend money on modules. Conspiracy theory? Feel free to prove me wrong PGI but I will not hold my breath.

Edited by Jabilo, 19 May 2015 - 01:04 PM.

#37 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:36 PM

View PostJabilo, on 19 May 2015 - 01:04 PM, said:

An easier way to find and manage modules and engines has been asked for AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN.

This is not hyperbole, I am talking literally hundreds of posts since the very first public test of UI 2.0.

I am convinced it is done deliberately to try to make you spend money on modules. Conspiracy theory? Feel free to prove me wrong PGI but I will not hold my breath.

Yes, that theory was mentioned above.. it's obviously true because there can't be any other explanation for such a sloppy implementation (even in the improved UI coming up).

#38 Frytrixa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:09 PM

Primary Mission I have currently running is to equip every Mech with modules.

100 Mechs I own x6.000.000radar dep x 6.000.000 seismic x 3.000.000 wpn mod1 x 3.000.000 wpn mod2 = 1.800.000.000 cBills :)

even more if a mech needs more than two Mech/weapon modules - I started this mission last december and I have around 60 Mechs fully equipped already :D

#39 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:13 PM

Other games (most notably Star Trek Online) have an easy equipment switching feature that doesn't cause them any economic hardship. Why not MWO?

#40 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:19 PM

View PostFrytrixa, on 19 May 2015 - 03:09 PM, said:

Primary Mission I have currently running is to equip every Mech with modules.

100 Mechs I own x6.000.000radar dep x 6.000.000 seismic x 3.000.000 wpn mod1 x 3.000.000 wpn mod2 = 1.800.000.000 cBills :)

even more if a mech needs more than two Mech/weapon modules - I started this mission last december and I have around 60 Mechs fully equipped already :D

That's really cool.. I'm only fully equipping the mechs I enjoy the most so they're ready to go on a moments notice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users