#61 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 24 May 2015 - 05:28 PM

View PostCorbenik, on 24 May 2015 - 05:25 PM, said:

I rather get a "Strip all weapon and mech module" button for all mechs. not for a single mech but for all mechs at least that way i can always just keep adding when i mechlab up before i drop out.

Just, terrible, idea...

#62 Corbenik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 06:20 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 24 May 2015 - 05:28 PM, said:

Just, terrible, idea...

how is it terrible? and i meant module only not strip all actual weapons :P

#63 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 25 May 2015 - 04:25 AM

View PostCorbenik, on 24 May 2015 - 06:20 PM, said:

how is it terrible? and i meant module only not strip all actual weapons :P

The solution isn't really a step forward but a step sideways as it still would require unnecessary and repetitive work that will keep this game in 'beta state.' Besides, PGI won't implement it because of reasons stated in previous posts.. Read some of those previous posts to see solutions we've come up with that benefit both PGI and PLAYERS.

#64 pyrocomp

• Philanthropist
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:47 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 24 May 2015 - 03:21 PM, said:

Life is a mini-game.

A pessimist in you I sense.

About the modules management.... Well, wouldn't it be much more convenient to make modules similar to all other equipment and to display them as such equipment in the mechlab along with ECM, AMS, BAP? Let'em use critspace (with additional buff or without it) and forget about it. In some other topic near was the idea that each owned weapon, engine or any other item should have near it a record saying on which is this item equipped.

#65 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:09 PM

View Postpyrocomp, on 26 May 2015 - 12:47 PM, said:

A pessimist in you I sense.

About the modules management.... Well, wouldn't it be much more convenient to make modules similar to all other equipment and to display them as such equipment in the mechlab along with ECM, AMS, BAP? Let'em use critspace (with additional buff or without it) and forget about it. In some other topic near was the idea that each owned weapon, engine or any other item should have near it a record saying on which is this item equipped.

PGI doesn't want you to be able to locate your modules easily. They don't want you to be able to get by with only one of each module.. what they DO want is for you to have an outlet for spending CBills and thus be forced to play/grind. Your solution does not solve this conflict between pgi's needs and players desires. We did however come up with a couple solutions that did if you read through the previous posts.

Let me rephrase... Life with kids is a mini-game. :wacko:

#66 Motroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Locationmost likely gone

Posted 27 May 2015 - 10:33 AM

PGI wants you to buy a module set woth of approx. 18 Mio. c-bills for each and every single mech in your hangar. That is what they see as "end game content" what this game unfortunatly lacks completly so the have to annoy you with a sturdy and counter-intuitive mechlab to entice you to spend more space-bucks/time for duplicate modules.
I gave up on fighting this system, it's one of the many sacrifices of a F2P game and there is nothing left to spend your c-bills on anyways once you completed the "Gotta catch 'em all game".
The only reason to hoard any c-bills atm is to wait and hope for a mech-module sale like there was a weapon-module sale a few weeks ago...

#67 Leiska

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 239 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 02:08 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 26 May 2015 - 03:09 PM, said:

PGI doesn't want you to be able to locate your modules easily. They don't want you to be able to get by with only one of each module.. what they DO want is for you to have an outlet for spending CBills and thus be forced to play/grind. Your solution does not solve this conflict between pgi's needs and players desires. We did however come up with a couple solutions that did if you read through the previous posts.

The obvious problem with this apporach is that it's a terrible business strategy that I don't think has ever produced very good results.

Instead of trying to milk their dwindling playerbase for every last penny with purposely inconvenient design, they really should be working on expanding that playerbase by making the game, get this, enjoyable to play! League of Legends didn't become huge by forcing you to buy duplicate runes for all your rune pages.

#68 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:06 PM

View PostLeiska, on 27 May 2015 - 02:08 PM, said:

The obvious problem with this apporach is that it's a terrible business strategy that I don't think has ever produced very good results.

Instead of trying to milk their dwindling playerbase for every last penny with purposely inconvenient design, they really should be working on expanding that playerbase by making the game, get this, enjoyable to play! League of Legends didn't become huge by forcing you to buy duplicate runes for all your rune pages.

We're not disputing this.. what we are trying to do here is give PGI some suggestions as to how to proceed and satisfy both player and company needs. We came up with two or three pretty solid solutions above which can obviously be fine-tuned further by PGI.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 27 May 2015 - 03:07 PM.

#69 pyrocomp

• Philanthropist
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:59 AM

It solves. You will still have to free to module from certain mech and equip it to desired mech. You just will be able to see and do it faster. But you will still have to do things and it will still be irritating you. Hence desire to buy more modules and forget about this shuffling. For newcomers this will also directly show that there are modules and they are usful. At present system you do not see explicitly what those modules give you in numbers and mech stats. Making modules like ordinary items will allow to try adding modules and consider what is more useful.

Let me rephrase... Life with kids is a mini-game. :wacko:

Ah... that completely different story. :) But I prefer to think as it is and adventure with, maybe, lots of mini-games

#70 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 28 May 2015 - 08:27 AM

View Postpyrocomp, on 28 May 2015 - 07:59 AM, said:

It solves. You will still have to free to module from certain mech and equip it to desired mech. You just will be able to see and do it faster. But you will still have to do things and it will still be irritating you. Hence desire to buy more modules and forget about this shuffling. For newcomers this will also directly show that there are modules and they are usful. At present system you do not see explicitly what those modules give you in numbers and mech stats. Making modules like ordinary items will allow to try adding modules and consider what is more useful.

Ah... that completely different story. :) But I prefer to think as it is and adventure with, maybe, lots of mini-games

True there is still an 'inconvenience' that PGI wants in your solution but it's not quite enough to justify buying multiple, 4 to 6 million CBill modules. If you knew where to find a module, would you REALLY spend 6million CBills? Honestly? I would rather waste 30 seconds un-equipping and re-equipping than spend that amount of money which takes hours upon hours to earn.

No, they should lower modules prices and attach some kind of CBill cost to un-equipping modules. That way you pay a fair price for modules and only pay a 'tax' if you unequip modules, similar to un-equipping armor type, single/double heatsinks or Artemis. PGI can work out the numbers.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 28 May 2015 - 08:28 AM.

#71 pyrocomp

• Philanthropist
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:03 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 28 May 2015 - 08:27 AM, said:

True there is still an 'inconvenience' that PGI wants in your solution but it's not quite enough to justify buying multiple, 4 to 6 million CBill modules. If you knew where to find a module, would you REALLY spend 6million CBills? Honestly? I would rather waste 30 seconds un-equipping and re-equipping than spend that amount of money which takes hours upon hours to earn.

No, they should lower modules prices and attach some kind of CBill cost to un-equipping modules. That way you pay a fair price for modules and only pay a 'tax' if you unequip modules, similar to un-equipping armor type, single/double heatsinks or Artemis. PGI can work out the numbers.

Well, I personally, in case I really want those modules on some mechs I will get quite irritated really fast to the point of buying duplicates. However, main point in my sugestion is that you can equip module (without a priori bying it) and see what it does to you mech in that particular loadout. Plus, modules eating space is another matter that will make modules not a must have feature, but more of a consideration and choice to make. That is my view on the matter. Since I have but few mechs and few modules (as I don't get how the affect what I have and I don't see anywhere benefits that I miss) I woulde've still preferred simplification of mech lab and less distinct screens to have something installed/removed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users