Why Pgi Should Say Why People Are Banned From The Game.

232 replies to this topic

#221 Ratpoison

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 851 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:10 PM

View PostKain Thul, on 12 May 2015 - 11:57 AM, said:

Hey, you stuck up for the cheater. LOL.

False accusations my ass.

The poor quality gifs of spectator mode were far from conclusive evidence, only PGI can access the data necessary to conclude whether there is someone cheating, name and shame only perpetuates paranoia and speculation which was the point of that post.

But really, dredging that up and taking it out of context for this? Why get so defensive?

#222 Jimny two cows

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:06 PM

OMG, I thought the jitter was my old pc messing up. Thank goodness I know not to blame my hardware anymore. I was also after viewing this for pages wondering how I got a aimbot downloaded in the MWO patch about 3 weeks ago now. (since the jitter is said to b an aimbot) I don't use chats I prefer no locks on my LuRMs.

#223 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:24 PM

View PosttortuousGoddess, on 12 May 2015 - 11:35 AM, said:

It's funny, the people who always love to complain about this seem to be the most outspoken and insensitive bigots in normal conversation. Perhaps you wouldn't need to shout down people over use of a phrase if you didn't necessitate its use so much. Self absorbed cynicism is far more tiring, after all.

Excuse me? Perhaps some of us have to use the phrase because society is going downhill. Remember Rome or ancient Greece? Remember how they fell? All the hedonism, impurity and lack of morals destroyed them.

So next time you hear someone complaining about political correctness, it is probably for good reason. We're fed up with all the b.s. we see in society as a certain part of the population turns it to trash.

View PosttortuousGoddess, on 12 May 2015 - 11:45 AM, said:

entitled jerk with no repercussions

LOL entitled. Normally it is the entitled few that bring out the "I'm offended" card.

#224 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:26 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 12 May 2015 - 01:24 PM, said:

Excuse me? Perhaps some of us have to use the phrase because society is going downhill. Remember Rome or ancient Greece? Remember how they fell? All the hedonism, impurity and lack of morals destroyed them.

So next time you hear someone complaining about political correctness, it is probably for good reason. We're fed up with all the b.s. we see in society as a certain part of the population turns it to trash.

LOL entitled. Normally it is the entitled few that bring out the "I'm offended" card.

It's also considering that we don't want to see MWO be turned to trash, which I, for one, do not want to happen.

#225 Zuri Prime

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 120 posts
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 12 May 2015 - 02:09 PM

A lot of white knighting and hoo-hawing over nothing. I'm glad PGI is doing something about the cheaters as well as labeling them for all to see. Maybe if you're so concerned you should check yourself? Just a thought. ;)

#226 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 12 May 2015 - 02:15 PM

View PostTripleEhBeef, on 09 May 2015 - 01:33 PM, said:

Well, even though said individual was banned from the game (whoever he was...), they were still a customer of PGI.

To go onto the forum and publicly blacklist that individual, even by their screen name, is not exactly the best customer relations strategy.

Best business move is to deal with it quickly and discreetly.

Name and Shame does create drama.

"Banned - Cheater" is about all the info any of PGI's customers need to know about another customer. Rest is drama fuel.

Does the ban carry an IP-ban? Or just one account?

#227 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 12 May 2015 - 02:22 PM

View PosttortuousGoddess, on 12 May 2015 - 11:35 AM, said:

It's funny, the people who always love to complain about this seem to be the most outspoken and insensitive bigots in normal conversation. Perhaps you wouldn't need to shout down people over use of a phrase if you didn't necessitate its use so much. Self absorbed cynicism is far more tiring, after all.

View PostKain Thul, on 12 May 2015 - 11:40 AM, said:

I see it more as we are the type that will not be swayed from saying whatever we want out of fear of the PC police.

I dont know who is right or wrong here but some well said and funny volleys. :)

#228 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:28 PM

I'll believe PGIs anti-cheat tools when i see more bans.

I have a feeling that if all the "evidence" was not streamed she wouldn't get caught.

#229 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:38 PM

View PostInspectorG, on 12 May 2015 - 02:15 PM, said:

Does the ban carry an IP-ban? Or just one account?
all your accounts, but probably by install not by IP. IP isn't an effective way to go.

#230 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:15 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 12 May 2015 - 03:38 PM, said:

all your accounts, but probably by install not by IP. IP isn't an effective way to go.

Ive never been banned...so im going of what i remember back in 'the day'...

#231 Ratpoison

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 851 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:20 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 12 May 2015 - 01:24 PM, said:

LOL right, civilizations fell because they didn't hold your moral code, not because of political instability or outside forces. That makes total sense. And now you think "those people" are turning society to trash? It's pretty easy to guess what kind of entitled and insensitive things you're doing and saying that are generating so much offense that you need to go on defensive tangents. But no, it's "those people" who are wrong, not you. :rolleyes:

#232 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:39 PM

View PosttortuousGoddess, on 12 May 2015 - 04:20 PM, said:

LOL right, civilizations fell because they didn't hold your moral code, not because of political instability or outside forces. That makes total sense. And now you think "those people" are turning society to trash? It's pretty easy to guess what kind of entitled and insensitive things you're doing and saying that are generating so much offense that you need to go on defensive tangents. But no, it's "those people" who are wrong, not you. :rolleyes:

Oh? Well, what might those be? Hmm? If you're quick to make assumptions and presumptions, I call your hand. Show me, because I and plenty here would love to know what you're accusing me of believing.

Detailed, please.

Methinks you should stop tossing words around that you don't understand. And, to humanity's credit, sensitivity has never been a requirement for an upstanding individual.

The only thing that matters on Earth is survival.

Edited by Mister Blastman, 12 May 2015 - 04:40 PM.

#233 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:24 PM

View PostInspectorG, on 12 May 2015 - 04:15 PM, said:

Ive never been banned...so im going of what i remember back in 'the day'...
Yeah, PGI's post just says all your accounts.

Because for the vast majority of people, your IP address is dynamically assigned by your IP, it can change, and for some it can change regularly. Its fairly trivial to have it changed yourself too.

PGI won't say how they know which account are yours of course. That would make circumvention easier, but I'd assume unique install identifiers/windows serial numbers, then just ban every account that logged in through your client.

21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users