#141 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:06 PM

View PostilKhan Judge Dreddrensky, on 11 May 2015 - 06:35 PM, said:

Can you please outline (and be explicit) how you were able to detect the third party tools in question?

That is a HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS request, in case you didn't realize...

#142 Magic Murder Bag

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 149 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Naraka and Shinkoku

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:06 PM

View PostOnionbird, on 11 May 2015 - 08:04 PM, said:

Next on the chopping block for the hoards of players who have an axe to grind with him. I suspect a similar scenario will be playing out very soon.

sums it up:
http://i0.kym-cdn.co...713/551/194.gif

#143 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:08 PM

View PostOnionbird, on 11 May 2015 - 08:01 PM, said:

I am eagerly awaiting PGI's response to the questions posed earlier in the thread as well as an indication that they have contacted the accused player with evidence in support of their banning. If they have done so it should be a simple matter to say that.

I am not interested in seeing people blindly support PGI's decision to crucify a (well) paying customer with no concrete reason to do so aside from a few questionable gifs taken through the notoriously buggy spectator mode by users.

Their phrasing means they can tell the player "we have detected that you cheated", and not tell him the specifics of how it was done. Which makes sense, since no one wants cheaters, and developers of cheating tools to know how they get caught.

View PostilKhan Judge Dreddrensky, on 11 May 2015 - 08:02 PM, said:

An eula is one side of a contract, whereby PGI must be able to provide proof of the infraction. Also, have you even read the EULA?

Where exactly is the stipulation that says PGI must be able to provide proof of the infraction (they should never provide it to the general public, you included).

EDIT: Also, where does it say that they should share that proof with you? Are you the accused's attorney?

EDIT2: If so, then your client can share the information you need, with you.

View PostOnionbird, on 11 May 2015 - 08:04 PM, said:

Next on the chopping block for the hoards of players who have an axe to grind with him. I suspect a similar scenario will be playing out very soon.

The beef is at least a cool player to play with or against. I doubt he's garnered that much hate from the player base.

EDIT3: This is a general thing: I don't know the details of the ban in question that has SOME of the NKVA so spastic. I am not even defending PGI, I'm just pointing out that some people are being raging hypocrites, and are asking for ridiculous demands, that they have no authority to ask for.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 11 May 2015 - 08:11 PM.

#144 Whatzituyah

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,236 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn a dark corner waiting to alpha strike his victim.

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:09 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 11 May 2015 - 07:38 PM, said:

Maybe they wanna cheat, without being detected?
Posted Image

Hahahah I remember how this originated in Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion they just magically know you murdered someone even if your the only person in the house with the other person.

Anyways I am happy that PGI is doing this it is better then not trying at all to ban all the cheaters and keeping the game clean.

Edited by Whatzituyah, 11 May 2015 - 08:11 PM.

#145 Tiamat of the Sea

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:10 PM

View PostWhatzituyah, on 11 May 2015 - 08:09 PM, said:

Hahahah I remember how this originated in Oblivion they just magically know you murdered someone.

Problem is, that would be guard-sense, not scum-sense. Scum-sense is the sense that scum has for.... uh... I dunno. People with stuff they could take?

#146 Onionbird

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 199 posts

View PostIraqiWalker, on 11 May 2015 - 08:08 PM, said:

Their phrasing means they can tell the player "we have detected that you cheated", and not tell him the specifics of how it was done. Which makes sense, since no one wants cheaters, and developers of cheating tools to know how they get caught.

Then they should be able to say that they have done this. Which they have not yet.

#147 Soul Tribunal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCanada

If PGI has nothing to hide, then they would not fear inquiry

Actually, they do have something to hide.
You see, in the age of electronics this is no different than the Cold/hot war between Anti-Virus, and those whom make those Programs.
They have no reason to share with you, or me, or anyone on the tools they use to find those whom cheat.
Doing so opens up the loop on getting access.

You don't see Norton going around saying "Hah! We caught your Pandora.exe because you forgot to script in a few integers on the third line of code".

That would be foolish, and counterproductive to the game.

End of the day, its about faith. Not of us in them. No.
Its faith from them to us. If we abused the right, it is us whom need to atone for the sins of the players. We broke the rules on their system.
Not the other way around it. If players stop supporting these programs. If no one installs them. They go away.
This measure, this banning, is because players couldn't do that.

-ST

#148 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:11 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 11 May 2015 - 08:08 PM, said:

The beef is at least a cool player to play with or against. I doubt he's garnered that much hate from the player base.

That, and on reddit it seems there are about as many people being sympathetic to the possibility that he was outright lied to by someone he considered a friend. In that case, that is an incredibly sucky situation for him to be in. Trust issues, man. Trust issues.

Me? Until or unless I see shenanigans, I don't assume anything. Unless he is caught cheating, I have no reason to believe he is a cheater. And unless there is proof that he willingly lied, I won't jump to that conclusion immediately, either.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 11 May 2015 - 08:12 PM.

#149 Suzumiya Haruhi no Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 413 posts
  • Locationjapan

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:12 PM

View PostWhatzituyah, on 11 May 2015 - 08:09 PM, said:

Hahahah I remember how this originated in Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion they just magically know you murdered someone even if your the only person in the house with the other person.

Anyways I am happy that PGI is doing this it is better then not trying at all to ban all the cheaters and keeping the game clean.

Thank you for explaining the joke for those of us who didn't get it. :P

#150 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:14 PM

View PostOnionbird, on 11 May 2015 - 08:01 PM, said:

I am eagerly awaiting PGI's response to the questions posed earlier in the thread as well as an indication that they have contacted the accused player with evidence in support of their banning. If they have done so it should be a simple matter to say that.

I am not interested in seeing people blindly support PGI's decision to crucify a (well) paying customer with no concrete reason to do so aside from a few questionable gifs taken through the notoriously buggy spectator mode by users.

They would NOT ban someone if they only had a few gifs to go by. They have ways of probing suspicious players' install files for piggy-back executables and code modifications, AND they can spectate whoever they want in realtime. THAT is enough proof to ban someone.

Why get so uppity about this post anyways? It's ONLY a good thing. If you're a respectable player who abides by the EULA and plays the game the way it was meant to be played, you have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT! (ie. see the post summary, PREEEEEETTY self-explanatory...)

#151 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:15 PM

View PostOnionbird, on 11 May 2015 - 08:10 PM, said:

Then they should be able to say that they have done this. Which they have not yet.

Do I .. Do I need to quote the Entire OP for you?

I know some of you guys have reading problems, but did you just miss the ENTIRE OP.

Posted Image

#152 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:16 PM

View PostilKhan Judge Dreddrensky, on 11 May 2015 - 08:02 PM, said:

An eula is one side of a contract, whereby PGI must be able to provide proof of the infraction. Also, have you even read the EULA?

Oh, I read the EULA alright.

10. Termination.
1. Termination by Us. We may, in our sole discretion, suspend, restrict or terminate your use of the PGI Offerings, your Content or your Account, effective at any time, without notice to you, for any reason, including if the operation or efficiency of the PGI Offerings or our or any third party’s equipment or network is impaired by your use of the PGI Offerings, we have received a third party complaint which relates to your use or misuse of the PGI Offerings, or you have been or are in breach of any term or condition of this Agreement.

View PostIraqiWalker, on 11 May 2015 - 08:15 PM, said:

I know some of you guys have reading problems, but did you just miss the ENTIRE OP.

Reading problems, or just plain stupid?

Edited by El Bandito, 11 May 2015 - 08:21 PM.

#153 Magic Murder Bag

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 149 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Naraka and Shinkoku

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:17 PM

Posted Image

Just ignore them jim......it's dead.

#154 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

I know some of you guys have reading problems, but did you just miss the ENTIRE OP

Yes. Clearly it was TL;DR. Even the TL;DR was TL;DR.

#155 Onionbird

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 199 posts

View PostRepasy, on 11 May 2015 - 08:14 PM, said:

They would NOT ban someone if they only had a few gifs to go by. They have ways of probing suspicious players' install files for piggy-back executables and code modifications, AND they can spectate whoever they want in realtime. THAT is enough proof to ban someone.

Why get so uppity about this post anyways? It's ONLY a good thing. If you're a respectable player who abides by the EULA and plays the game the way it was meant to be played, you have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT! (ie. see the post summary, PREEEEEETTY self-explanatory...)

Pride comes before the fall.

#156 Suzumiya Haruhi no Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 413 posts
  • Locationjapan

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:20 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 11 May 2015 - 08:16 PM, said:

Oh, I read the EULA alright.

BUGGER. OFF.

Please be more respectful.

#157 IlKhan Prepaid Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 183 posts

I love how everyone thinks PGI is competent enough to code some kind of cheat detection but they managed to forget to add dropships to the new CW map until like 6 hours after the patch.

#158 S204STi

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 59 posts

View PostPariah Devalis, on 11 May 2015 - 08:11 PM, said:

That, and on reddit it seems there are about as many people being sympathetic to the possibility that he was outright lied to by someone he considered a friend. In that case, that is an incredibly sucky situation for him to be in. Trust issues, man. Trust issues.

Me? Until or unless I see shenanigans, I don't assume anything. Unless he is caught cheating, I have no reason to believe he is a cheater. And unless there is proof that he willingly lied, I won't jump to that conclusion immediately, either.

Agreed, I don't think this necessarily reflects poorly on Th3B33f. Also, not looking left and right for cheaters.

#159 Suzumiya Haruhi no Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 413 posts
  • Locationjapan

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:23 PM

#160 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:23 PM

View PostMagic Murder Bag, on 11 May 2015 - 07:59 PM, said:

Reading the reddit forums, looks like the B33f is getting hammered hard about this....

Also looks like he may (or may not) have been genuinely blindsided by the results, and lied to by the banned individual.

They seemed to be quite close as friends, so even if there was something suspicious going on, erring on the side of friendship is completely understandable, though unfortunate.

Guilt by association is quite nasty. I think we should err on the side of not brutalizing someone who might also be quite gutted by the whole thing.

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users