#61 InRev

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 13 May 2015 - 07:38 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 13 May 2015 - 03:39 AM, said:

I don't think Irresistible means what PGI thinks it means.

I'm finding it rather easy to resist this irresistible Resistance.

#62 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:21 AM

View PostInRev, on 13 May 2015 - 07:38 AM, said:

I'm finding it rather easy to resist this irresistible Resistance.

As am I. And I'm an easy target. I have to think it looks cool.

#63 Mirkk Defwode

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 748 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Wa

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:36 AM

View PostAnarcho, on 12 May 2015 - 05:50 PM, said:

I want to buy the resistance 2, but no one can tell me if it really comes with 36 colours or not... Sent a email to PGI and no answer yet...

The top tier pack will come with all the Inner Sphere faction colors and paint schemes. But if you already have those from the previous Resistance pack you're not getting anything new there.

If you don't have those from the previous resistance pack you likely still need to claim them through the webpage. Which that stuff is buried in the profile section with oodles of other stuff.

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 13 May 2015 - 08:21 AM, said:

As am I. And I'm an easy target. I have to think it looks cool.

I think the black knight model looks spexy. But I'm on the fence as to whether I'm going to get this one. I've literally purchased each top tier package from Founders on up. And the gameplay hasn't improved...infact I find I disagree with more and more stuff as time goes on.

#64 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:41 AM

I don't find it sexy. It's not Knightly enough for my taste.

#65 N a p e s

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:05 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 13 May 2015 - 05:43 AM, said:

Valid points. But there are also Medium players who want to run Enforcers. Having the ability to run an AC20 Enforcer may not matter to you, but to the guys who like ENFs, but don't really click with the CN9-AH or Hunchies, it's a nice option. Also will give players a much better option than the ENF-5P for their trio when they are out for CBills.

I understand that it does add something to the game regardless of how I personally feel about it and I also understand that letting it keep its jump jets may have made it too clear of an upgrade but it also means I won't bother with the pre-order (will still buy for space bucks cause it's a medium and the Enforcer has been a great chassis).

The way I see it :

HBK-4G - STD engine uber-AC20 skirmisher/striker/brawler (whatever you wanna call it)
YLW - AC20 on legs at 107kph. fast and precise
CN9-AH - Big alpha but slower XL striker using AC20 and SRMs for big punch.

As such the ENF-4P could've been a slower but JJ capable version of the YLW. Instead it'll probably be somewhere between the CN9-AH and YLW. It's alright but I'd have traded the high engine cap and even the extra energy hardpoints for the jumpjets since that's something lacking in the group of AC20 wielding 50 tonners.

Just my 2 cents.

#66 Fate 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:11 AM

View PostPowerOfNapes, on 13 May 2015 - 09:05 AM, said:

I understand that it does add something to the game regardless of how I personally feel about it and I also understand that letting it keep its jump jets may have made it too clear of an upgrade but it also means I won't bother with the pre-order (will still buy for space bucks cause it's a medium and the Enforcer has been a great chassis).

The way I see it :

HBK-4G - STD engine uber-AC20 skirmisher/striker/brawler (whatever you wanna call it)

As such the ENF-4P could've been a slower but JJ capable version of the YLW. Instead it'll probably be somewhere between the CN9-AH and YLW. It's alright but I'd have traded the high engine cap and even the extra energy hardpoints for the jumpjets since that's something lacking in the group of AC20 wielding 50 tonners.

Just my 2 cents.

^
As it stands right now, without looking at quirks, it's a straight upgrade to the YLW. It would have been nice to cap the engine lower and keep the 3E hardpoints and make it a side-grade with JJs rather than a straight hardpoint/engine-inflated YLW

#67 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:24 AM

View PostFate 6, on 13 May 2015 - 09:11 AM, said:

^
As it stands right now, without looking at quirks, it's a straight upgrade to the YLW. It would have been nice to cap the engine lower and keep the 3E hardpoints and make it a side-grade with JJs rather than a straight hardpoint/engine-inflated YLW

You missed my point earlier, there is no weight for a ton of extra weapons on a Yen Lo with a 300, so other than going down to some smaller ballistic (or removing it), and/or rocking it like a Ghetto Cent-AL what are you going do with that big engine cap, once you get over 300 even the XLs get real heavy real fast.

Look at the CN9-D with a 325 you only have 13 tons with Endo AND ferro, Its at 16 tons with full armor and a 300XL (the Yen Lo's usual engine) at which point you have to strip the left arm.

....but wait you can't strip the LA, there are weapons there on the enforcer, so no you only have a couple tons of ammo AND you have to remove at least a ton of armor from 50 ton mech to use the hardpoints that are such power creep.
Unless you chop the engine.

You are freaking about literally nothing

#68 Roadkill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:48 AM

View PostPowerOfNapes, on 13 May 2015 - 09:05 AM, said:

As such the ENF-4P could've been a slower but JJ capable version of the YLW. Instead it'll probably be somewhere between the CN9-AH and YLW.

I see it as an upgrade to the CN9-AH in the striker role, or a side-grade to the HBK-4G as a (more fragile) brawler. AC/20 (3 tons ammo) + 4 ML with an XL250 and 4 DHS. It's basically an XL-engined HBK-4G with an extra ML yet it runs slightly cooler. Or compared to the CN9-AH it's not ammo dependent for greater staying power.

#69 Gyrok

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:56 AM

View PostUltimatum X, on 12 May 2015 - 06:26 PM, said:

The Grasshopper overall is such a good mech that I will not buy any Mauler pack and simply wait for it to be available for CBills, even if it has 4 high shoulder hardpoints.

Because nobody called the GHR being garbage a year ago....*cough*triedtotellyouall*cough*

#70 Mirkk Defwode

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 748 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Wa

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:59 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 13 May 2015 - 05:19 AM, said:

except only on a few instances (like the Hunchbacks) do we see quirks actually mirror what the Mech was "meant for". MPL TDR-5SS? Don't think it's secondary weapons system being boated is mirroring it's intended build.

There should be no specific weapon quirks, just ones that impact weapon categories or core systems. That way if you have the intended use of those systems you can have a variety of weapons to choose from and potentially see less cookie cutter or shoehorned designs like the ubiquitous MPL Wubberbolt. Or the UM-60 3 MG 2 ML urbie running at 90KPH.

#71 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:00 PM

View PostMoomtazz, on 12 May 2015 - 05:48 PM, said:

Are you saying these mechs won't be available for MC and Cbills at some point?

By then the power creep has already moved beyond these mechs and they're not as good as the new mechs in the coming mech pack. Can't let the power stop creeping anymore.

#72 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:28 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 12 May 2015 - 06:32 PM, said:

Huginn can pack 4MG, at least. Almost enough to actually crit something still. Almost. 2 is just useless.

The trick is to use the SRM's until the armor is gone...then lets those MG's FLY and save those SRM's for the next helpless fatty that waddles along.

:ph34r:

Still miss the Crit days like when the ember was king....we need to be between where we were then and what they are now me thinks.

*Le Sigh*

Edited by DarthRevis, 13 May 2015 - 12:28 PM.

#73 N a p e s

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:32 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 13 May 2015 - 12:28 PM, said:

The trick is to use the SRM's until the armor is gone...then lets those MG's FLY and save those SRM's for the next helpless fatty that waddles along.

:ph34r:

Still miss the Crit days like when the ember was king....we need to be between where we were then and what they are now me thinks.

*Le Sigh*

The sound of MGs right in the rear torso... Those were scary days but I'd love for MGs to be viable in a close range, crit seeking niche.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users