A small bit of info for those WoT players

145 replies to this topic

#61 grimzod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:21 AM

I just don't make excuses for bad artwork.

#62 Dagorel

• PipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 42 posts
  • LocationKingman, AZ

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:23 AM

WOT gets my WWII need quenched. MWO is the holy grail of my thirst. I can not wait.

#63 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:23 AM

View PostBodha, on 03 July 2012 - 06:51 AM, said:

I wasn't sure what mech a complete new guy starts with so didnt want to comment on that. If you have some info on that please share :)

Well, when you start, you are asked to take one free mech from the starting four.
Each one is a different class and then you continue to get your favorite mech...

The mechs we choose from are probably the same as the founder ones, but it's not 100% sure.

#64 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:25 AM

View Postgrimzod, on 03 July 2012 - 08:21 AM, said:

I just don't make excuses for bad artwork.

LOL

#65 Bodha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:48 AM

View PostAdridos, on 03 July 2012 - 08:23 AM, said:

Well, when you start, you are asked to take one free mech from the starting four.
Each one is a different class and then you continue to get your favorite mech...

The mechs we choose from are probably the same as the founder ones, but it's not 100% sure.

anyone by chance got a dev post or confirmation this? would be nice to know

#66 Jiri Starrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • LocationCalafia, Caid (San Diego, CA)

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:55 AM

View PostBluey, on 03 July 2012 - 07:57 AM, said:

http://desmond.image...jpg&res=landing

Hellstar just 1 meter shorter than Atlas
And tank used in that picture a real ww2 tank got destroyed *taken from archives*
Tank was standing almost a meter tall put 17 of them you will see sizes are same

Yea I know nerd much

I think you have a scale is for fishies issue with those mini's. (As is the image of the mech stomping a tank (though I'd LOVE to see a mech in a WoT battle. So much rage and QQ)). Assuming the semi carrying the aerofighter is anywhere near to scale with the mechs >and< a real world semi those tanks are much more than a meter high. Which is appropriate. The T-90, which is short for a MBT, is 2.22 meters. Ya gotta be able to work in there.

Edited by Jiri Starrider, 03 July 2012 - 08:57 AM.

#67 grimzod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:59 AM

Kind of like this:
http://image.wetpain..._f_uzGTrDg67738

Abrams compared to Atlas

#68 Raithe

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:00 AM

I am looking forwar to this game greatly.
In the future I could see scenarios that have bases with artillary support and otherszx that use dropships. With the battletech universe there is a huge amount of potential in scenarios alone.
Terrain alone due to the number of planets can be greatly varied and should make some interesting maps.

#69 Jiri Starrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • LocationCalafia, Caid (San Diego, CA)

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:04 AM

View PostBluey, on 03 July 2012 - 08:15 AM, said:

Fine what ever I guess meaning "squashed" doesnt ring any bells

Ok, I measured it. Lets say it was a 2 meter tank, squished to 1 meter. Assuming little perspective and both ojects at the same distance from viewer that puts the mech at roughly 11 meters. I guess that does actually work. Forgive my pre-unseen experience, but what mech is that anyway?

#70 Bodha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:06 AM

View PostRaithe, on 03 July 2012 - 09:00 AM, said:

I am looking forwar to this game greatly.
In the future I could see scenarios that have bases with artillary support and otherszx that use dropships. With the battletech universe there is a huge amount of potential in scenarios alone.
Terrain alone due to the number of planets can be greatly varied and should make some interesting maps.

I want to see planetary warfare campaigns. take 40-50 people per side and spread them over a couple of linked battles. Let victories and losses carry over so big wins or losses have an affect on later battles in the campaign. Ideally I would like the system to allow the commanders to decide where and when to commit their forces. Basically each side enters the campaign with a regiment's worth of mechs and X amount of supplies in ammo and repairs. Allow a limited amount of battlefield salvage and just go at it.

#71 RedHellion

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 40 posts
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:52 AM

Good post Bodha! Should definitely be pinned.

Accurate and un-biased comparison to WoT for players thinking this is the same thing with bigger tanks, or who are unfamiliar with the BT universe and needing to acclimatize themselves.

View Postgrimzod, on 03 July 2012 - 07:33 AM, said:

on 4: no bouncing but you can miss, its all twitch aiming. and rest assured they'll learn weakspots (hips legs and head) like champs (the wot transferees).

Not twitch aiming really, just aiming in general. Less frustrating though because at least if you take the time to aim and hit you know you'll be doing some sort of damage.

on 7: artillery strikes and airstrikes are in the game look at the commanders tree.

Strikes are not TDs or SPGs. There are no real TDs in Mechwarrior since there is no shot penetration variance, but anything mounting an AC/20 or Gauss Rifle would be close. SPGs would be anything mounting heavy LRM batteries.

on 8: head and hipshotting will be hilarious. If your aim is good the game is over for you, head gone in 60 seconds or less enjoy th erespawn.

True enough, still I don't know if you've tried to headshot a 'mech before from anything further than 50m while you're under fire but it's not easy. And if someone's rushing in like that they had better be driving at least a Heavy, or something really fast.

on 11: we have no idea yet if they'll introduce 'gold rounds'. Anyone for acid or AP ammo?

They will not be introducing any kind of premium equipment that gives players an in-game advantage, from everything that I have heard in the dev diaries and on these forums. Only XP and C-Bill boosters, and for that I am thankful.

View PostJiri Starrider, on 03 July 2012 - 09:04 AM, said:

Ok, I measured it. Lets say it was a 2 meter tank, squished to 1 meter. Assuming little perspective and both ojects at the same distance from viewer that puts the mech at roughly 11 meters. I guess that does actually work. Forgive my pre-unseen experience, but what mech is that anyway?

The 'mech from the original picture is a Hellstar. The other one is an Atlas. Most fluff states that an Atlas is roughly 16m tall. The Hellstar is probably about the same height, maybe a bit shorter.

#72 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:16 AM

View PostBodha, on 03 July 2012 - 08:48 AM, said:

anyone by chance got a dev post or confirmation this? would be nice to know

What? You don't trust a fellow Capellan? :)

Here's the quote from the tweetchat devs had in may:

Q: How will the player’s initial ‘mech(s) be selected?

A: Players will get 1 free mech to start. They can chose from 4 1 in each class – light, med, heavy, assault. [BRYAN]
A: You will be able to choose from a selection based on the role you want to play. [RUSS]

The full interview is here: http://mwomercs.com/...eetchat-roundup

Edited by Adridos, 03 July 2012 - 10:53 AM.

#73 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:49 AM

View PostAdridos, on 03 July 2012 - 08:23 AM, said:

I hope they are not the same. What would I do with two Atlas of the same variant? This isn't SD Gundam Online where I can sacrifice one Atlas, one Dragon, and two Jenners to make Madcat. :)

Edited by Elizander, 03 July 2012 - 10:49 AM.

#74 Bodha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:55 AM

View PostAdridos, on 03 July 2012 - 10:16 AM, said:

What? You don't trust a fellow Capellan? :)

Here's the quote from the tweetchat devs had in may:

Q: How will the player’s initial ‘mech(s) be selected?

A: Players will get 1 free mech to start. They can chose from 4 1 in each class – light, med, heavy, assault. [BRYAN]A: You will be able to choose from a selection based on the role you want to play. [RUSS]

The full interview is here: http://mwomercs.com/...eetchat-roundup

Thanks for getting that info sourced. quoted you on the OP.

#75 Littlegob

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:15 AM

beeing a WOT player myself, I can't find any thing to say... except great job! That's the only post usefull on the WOT/MWO subject!

#76 TheOneGunslinger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:48 AM

good OP :-)
Gives a nice place to link to when it comes up in other posts :-)

Edited by TheOneGunslinger, 03 July 2012 - 11:49 AM.

#77 Wildcat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,265 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:20 PM

Great Post !

Someone Pin this Guy on a Medal ! i mean Pin a Medal on this guy ! or at least pin him on the Forum ! :)

View PostSuperTechmarine, on 03 July 2012 - 07:29 AM, said:

MWO is just so much better than WoT
WoT is bugged like hell, incompetent devs, community mistreatment, russian bias.
it has good potential but its in the wrong hands.

I agree totally... ruined the fun for a great many... That and many have been asking for a Mech Based Game and once they see MWO in action, they will flock over here for sure!

The Russians Claim there is no Russian bias, but it is there in plain view for all to see...

WG will surely work on their own Mech Based game at some point, its only Logical and since there have been many asking for it... but MWO has a great head start and it has the Battletech/Mechwarrior Brand and something like 20-25 years of Rules and History on its side as a Guide!!... where as WG will have to start from Scratch

#78 Bodha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:55 AM

View PostWildcat, on 03 July 2012 - 12:20 PM, said:

Great Post !

Someone Pin this Guy on a Medal ! i mean Pin a Medal on this guy ! or at least pin him on the Forum ! :P

I agree totally... ruined the fun for a great many... That and many have been asking for a Mech Based Game and once they see MWO in action, they will flock over here for sure!

The Russians Claim there is no Russian bias, but it is there in plain view for all to see...

WG will surely work on their own Mech Based game at some point, its only Logical and since there have been many asking for it... but MWO has a great head start and it has the Battletech/Mechwarrior Brand and something like 20-25 years of Rules and History on its side as a Guide!!... where as WG will have to start from Scratch

I dont see WG making a mech based game. They already committed to world of warplanes and talked up world of warships.

#79 docjohn

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationVegas

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:08 AM

Murphy was an optimist.

#80 garreth

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:10 AM

My only addendum to this, is there are in a way SPG's. Missile boat mechs like the catapult and others, will have indirect fire ability as long as scout mechs or others have the targets painted on radar.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users