Grasshoper To Hard To Hit

19 replies to this topic

#1 Seelenlos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 550 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:08 PM

in a game 5 man including clan fired at a grasshopper- shutdowned - and we didnt kill it. the DW same game or banshee were chwoing gum in same situation.

U are favoriting Grasshopper too much, or your programmers did not done the job ok again.

Correct it.

#2 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:44 PM

View PostSeelenlos, on 13 May 2015 - 01:08 PM, said:

in a game 5 man including clan fired at a grasshopper- shutdowned - and we didnt kill it. the DW same game or banshee were chwoing gum in same situation.

U are favoriting Grasshopper too much, or your programmers did not done the job ok again.

Correct it.

Stop it, it's fine as is, most of the time people are complaining that the CT sucks up too many hits. It's probably their ping as they shoot hit reg gets all messed up.

#3 cSand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:01 PM

look out Derek we are clearly dealing with a superior intelligence here

#4 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:03 PM

Is “Fix it” starting to sound too demanding so we say "Correct it" now?

#5 Platinum Spider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 209 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:21 PM

View PostcSand, on 13 May 2015 - 02:01 PM, said:

look out Derek we are clearly dealing with a superior intelligence here

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 13 May 2015 - 02:03 PM, said:

Is “Fix it” starting to sound too demanding so we say "Correct it" now?

Guys cut him/her some slack, he/she's probably not an English as a first language speaker. Why don't you go post in a Russian forum and see how well you get your points across or how modern your phrase choices are?

#6 Seelenlos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 550 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:36 PM

View PostPlatinum Spider, on 13 May 2015 - 02:21 PM, said:

Guys cut him/her some slack, he/she's probably not an English as a first language speaker. Why don't you go post in a Russian forum and see how well you get your points across or how modern your phrase choices are?

thx, and at the time i learned english correct was the verb for this. I forgot English a lot bit fixing was for mechanical and correcting for human errors...

Programing and favoring something is human part, so i still think correcting is the better verb.

Maybe those others should use the oxford dictionary again ..

#7 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:42 PM

View PostSeelenlos, on 13 May 2015 - 02:36 PM, said:

thx, and at the time i learned english correct was the verb for this. I forgot English a lot bit fixing was for mechanical and correcting for human errors...

Programing and favoring something is human part, so i still think correcting is the better verb.

Maybe those others should use the oxford dictionary again ..

It's really less the 'mech and more the sad state of hitreg of the game in general.
When the grasshopper was released there were instantly several threads here claiming its center torso was way too easy to hit, wich contradicts your claim.
You don't see too many of them around but the few that I did get to shoot at seemed to die just fine, unless the match was "laggy" anyway and hitreg was playing up. But in those matches even direwhales tank damage like firestarters... (the fact that I have to even COMPARE tanking abilities of DWs and FS9s is laughable, really).

Edited by Ironwithin, 13 May 2015 - 02:42 PM.

#8 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:51 PM

heh fair enough

hard to tell between average north american kids and someone who can't speak english these days

sorry, ESL mechwarrior.

Grasshopper is just fine BTW but if you're playing from anywhere other than North America.... everything probably seems f**ked up.

#9 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:40 PM

It's just always the same story. Someone saying something wrong with the game, and then it ends with them demanding for PGI to fix it. Like we're the foreman on the job telling people what to do.

Just wondering if times are changing, so I can stay trendy if I need to demand something from PGI I can do it correctly.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 13 May 2015 - 08:42 PM.

#10 The Mech behind you

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationGermany, Northern Baden-Württemberg

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:39 PM

imho this is like all the other reports about stationary & hard to hit mechs a general hitreg and HSR problem. I wouldn't try to judge about hitboxes of a single mech chassis as long as this problem isn't fixed. (and I hope it's getting fixed soon)

Edited by Norman Kosh, 14 May 2015 - 01:39 PM.

#11 Seelenlos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 550 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:45 PM

View PostcSand, on 13 May 2015 - 02:51 PM, said:

heh fair enough

hard to tell between average north american kids and someone who can't speak english these days

sorry, ESL mechwarrior.

Grasshopper is just fine BTW but if you're playing from anywhere other than North America.... everything probably seems f**ked up.

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 13 May 2015 - 08:40 PM, said:

It's just always the same story. Someone saying something wrong with the game, and then it ends with them demanding for PGI to fix it. Like we're the foreman on the job telling people what to do.

Just wondering if times are changing, so I can stay trendy if I need to demand something from PGI I can do it correctly.

Hi,

i understand the lag-point. but it does not appear on a shut down mech.
I am talking about the shutdown mech. Maybe you should tryit yourself.

The grasshopers i am talking are attacked by ac20 and stay alive. A DW gets orange, Red, Red and then dies.

maybe you observe it some day.

regards.

Demanding PGI... what you saying is also demanding; demanding in doing nothing. Why should i obey to you? You are not a PGI-part, like me a user. PGI is making what i use, so i demand from them. If they act, my win, your lose (hoppfuly that happens ever against ppl like you).

Back to point, they can write a drone program to check the behavior and report them or correct it. These kind of programs are implemented in most new games....

So demanding, yes to a certain degree.

#12 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:19 PM

As a Grasshopper pilot, I can tell you it works fine including taking damage. It can actually take a bit of damage if piloted right.

As a player of this game, I can tell you there is something wonky with how it works. I am in eastern USA and sometimes I get people shoot me from the front, I take damage on my rear armor NOT the front at all. Clear sign something is wrong with the game.

I do not know the details of what you say. How close were you in game to target? What was your ping? Did you notice Mechs teleporting? A bunch of other stuff. I have amazing ping lately yet in the past month I noticed some teleporting that I reported, both me and others, made some of my shots miss. I think I am shooting someone, see no hits, POOF, I am teleported and now walking into a wall. I shoot someone who magically moves some distance as if teleporting. I also see a small number of people with really bad ping, one guy recently had over 1500.

Without more detail, not sure what to say and I doubt PGI is either as they usually want more detail including some files that help them get those details.

#13 Seelenlos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 550 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:37 PM

View PostWildstreak, on 14 May 2015 - 02:19 PM, said:

As a Grasshopper pilot, I can tell you it works fine including taking damage. It can actually take a bit of damage if piloted right.

As a player of this game, I can tell you there is something wonky with how it works. I am in eastern USA and sometimes I get people shoot me from the front, I take damage on my rear armor NOT the front at all. Clear sign something is wrong with the game.

I do not know the details of what you say. How close were you in game to target? What was your ping? Did you notice Mechs teleporting? A bunch of other stuff. I have amazing ping lately yet in the past month I noticed some teleporting that I reported, both me and others, made some of my shots miss. I think I am shooting someone, see no hits, POOF, I am teleported and now walking into a wall. I shoot someone who magically moves some distance as if teleporting. I also see a small number of people with really bad ping, one guy recently had over 1500.

Without more detail, not sure what to say and I doubt PGI is either as they usually want more detail including some files that help them get those details.

Hi,

Alpine, the upper hill. DW and GH come through to stop us (Stalker, DW, TBR, Dragon, SH, me KC). DW+GH take out Stalker Dragon). DW goes overheat and shut down. We shoot all on it (TAGin and BAP from me) 6 shoots it is down. GH, yellow and red cored takes SH goees shutdown too. The rest of us again shoot at it.... from all weapons...it "starts up" again shoots then goes boom ...

I saw this behavior 3 times in diffrent matches. The GH is too well protected by program bug or favoriting. It realy needs balancing.

Even my friend I mostly play with - and always criticizing me of my pessimistics - said it is too well protected.

This time it is not my non humble opinion... This is a game/rule breaker too much!

regards

Edited by Seelenlos, 14 May 2015 - 02:38 PM.

#14 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:50 PM

This is the case.

View PostSeelenlos, on 13 May 2015 - 02:36 PM, said:

"Correct" and "Fix" are both applicable here and appropriate terms. Someone was poking fun because most complaints about problems with MWO (whether real or imaginary) are accompanied by the phrase "fix it."
"Problem, please fix." "Fix it now!" "Fix your damn game!"
Posted Image

Far as the grass hopper, I actually find that the thing is a bullet magnet that dies very easily.

What is your average ping?
Do you use wireless or wired internet?
What weapon systems did you use?
Was the grass hopper registering damage?
Was the grass hopper missing limbs (i.e. the arm or side torso)?
With a screenshot, can you point out specifically where you were aiming?

Oh and most importantly....
Before shutdown or after powering up... did it do any jumping?

#15 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:26 PM

View PostSeelenlos, on 14 May 2015 - 02:37 PM, said:

Hi,

Alpine, the upper hill. DW and GH come through to stop us (Stalker, DW, TBR, Dragon, SH, me KC). DW+GH take out Stalker Dragon). DW goes overheat and shut down. We shoot all on it (TAGin and BAP from me) 6 shoots it is down. GH, yellow and red cored takes SH goees shutdown too. The rest of us again shoot at it.... from all weapons...it "starts up" again shoots then goes boom ...

I saw this behavior 3 times in diffrent matches. The GH is too well protected by program bug or favoriting. It realy needs balancing.

Even my friend I mostly play with - and always criticizing me of my pessimistics - said it is too well protected.

This time it is not my non humble opinion... This is a game/rule breaker too much!

regards

Based on this, sorry, it is not the Grasshopper but something else probably technical. Could have been that Hopper player's connection making him seem invincible. I would even say though have no proof of a hack, PGI started a topic on that recently.

Best thing now would be to contact Technical Support via email providing them with details of when and where this happened and needed files.
DxDiag for you.
Omicron that has that match.
Did anyone video it? That might help.
Maybe Ping and Tracert tests too.
Get any others in that match who shot the Hopper and saw the same thing to do the same email and file sending. PGI tech people can determine what technical issue caused it though if a hacker you may not hear back about it.

I doubt it is you or some other players since you could kill the Dire, something technical about the Hopper player sounds the cause.

Edited by Wildstreak, 14 May 2015 - 03:27 PM.

#16 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:49 PM

View PostSeelenlos, on 14 May 2015 - 01:45 PM, said:

Demanding PGI... what you saying is also demanding; demanding in doing nothing. Why should i obey to you? You are not a PGI-part, like me a user. PGI is making what i use, so i demand from them. If they act, my win, your lose (hoppfuly that happens ever against ppl like you).

Back to point, they can write a drone program to check the behavior and report them or correct it. These kind of programs are implemented in most new games....

So demanding, yes to a certain degree.

Sorry. I'm just being facetious.
However, if you do want to see PGI fix issues,
the best way is to send them an e-mail that covers the situation in detail.

support@mwomercs.com

The forums can only help so much, which isn't much at all. We can't do anything here to change the game. Developers do that, and that is the best way to make them aware of any issues. And usually bugs aren't reported through feedback forums, they're sent in as a ticket.
If the issue is reproducible, record yourself with a friend to show them the error.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 14 May 2015 - 06:52 PM.

#17 Seelenlos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 550 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 11:50 AM

Hi,

calming down all in this, PGI is the adress to fix and correct things in their game. Best implementing a drone program to watch the hits and auto correct the hitboxes automaticaly.

Thanks and regards

#18 Heuvadoches

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationRainbow Tiger, Second Life

Posted 16 May 2015 - 12:57 PM

I have no problem smacking Grasshoppers with guass ... lasers ... AC ... PPC ... Missiles (Short and Long) ... Machine Guns ...

So ... IDFK what you're talking about. Must be the pilot.

Edited by Heuvadoches, 16 May 2015 - 12:58 PM.

#19 Orion ji

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:36 PM

so lemme guess...you bought a product....it works great....now pgi will 'fix' it. You then, dislike the 'so-called' fix and they wont give money back. Nice business model pgi. that bait -n-switch is so easy to pull on gamers....

#20 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 May 2015 - 05:01 PM

View PostOrion ji, on 16 May 2015 - 02:36 PM, said:

so lemme guess...you bought a product....it works great....now pgi will 'fix' it. You then, dislike the 'so-called' fix and they wont give money back. Nice business model pgi. that bait -n-switch is so easy to pull on gamers....

What are you even talking about ?
Did you bother to READ any of this before posting that drivel?

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users