99 replies to this topic

#1 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 May 2015 - 11:37 PM

ATTENTION ALL MECHWARRIORS, If you've tried out for an elite company and been rejected because you're not in the 1000+ club or you're not in their time zone, are you new to the game but are afraid to approach a unit for membership because you lack confidence, are you experienced but don't want to be lost in the pack, are you a veteran of years and are worried about being laughed at, then read the below post.

WE TAKE THE REJECTS, THE WANNABES, THE LONERS, THE SHY AND THE EMBARRASED, IF YOU THINK YOUR NOT GOOD ENOUGH THEN YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH FOR US.

This is your chance to join a unit that will not reject you for elitism reasons, we believe that consistancy is important and we understand we all have bad days, if your new to the Mechwarrior world then we'll teach you tacticts, weapons loadouts, weapons grouping, if your scores reflect semi experience or if like me your getting on in years and you've spent some or alot of them piloting mechs then put your experience to use.
This is your chance to get in at the ground up level in a new unit.

OUR AIM: IF WE DON'T WIN WITH SKILL THEN WE'LL WIN WITH NUMBERS, TO WIN BY ATTRITION, GRIND THE ENEMY INTO THE DUST CRUSH THEM UNDER THE WEIGHT OF SHEER NUMBERS.

We have a simple code of conduct, WE DON'T SET OUT TO TK FOR FUN (ACCIDENTS DO HAPPEN THOUGH) AND WE DON'T GET INTO VERBAL ALTERCATIONS WITH OTHER PLAYERS.

CURRENT POSITIONS OPEN: SA-KHAN (Second In Command) Have you got what it takes to lead??.
All other positions are open.

Hi, I have just started a new unit and am looking for new recruits, I was Khan and leader of CBK for a couple of months but wanted to start my own unit rather than take over an already established one.
I was the creator and founder of GHOST BEAR KODIAK PRIDE and led that unit for one and a half years, I did leave because of a personal tragedy, I am nowthecreator andfounder andleader of KNIGHTS OF SOLOMONS TEMPLE (KOST).
This is a CLAN GHOST BEAR based unit but we accept anyone who wants to be an Semi-active or active member of a unit, all we ask is that you own at least 4 Clan mechs for CW and tournaments, if you don't then we'll wait for you to get them, no pressure from us.
All MWO members from around the world are welcome, we are Oceanic based but don't let that put you off,
if you are interested then head over to our website and register there, send me a PM on this forum using my username, or catch me in game.
I led CBK to 13th place during the Tukayyid campaign, not too bad for a small unit.
This unit will be run as a semi competetive/ competetive unit numbers depending, we will be doing unit drops in all game modes, CW drops, competing in MWO run tournaments and inter unit championships.
Unit membership is open to new players, semi experienced and veteran players, age limit is open and is not gender biased.
Training is held every second Saturday and Sunday of the month, times are 12pm to 4pm and 7pm to 11pm AEST.
If this sounds like something you want to be a part of then just request a unit invite and you're membership is assured.
KHAN: ATTAKHAN666
KNIGHTS OF SOLOMONS TEMPLE
CLAN GHOST BEAR

Edited by KHAN ATTAKHAN, 19 April 2017 - 08:08 AM.

#2 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 May 2015 - 04:06 AM

Thanks and much appreciated,
I thought a new oceanic unit could help tip the balance in the Clans favour come crunch time, I/ we would be willing to drop with yours and other Clan units to help attack planets and help defend your territories.
Drop me a line anytime i'm on for an extra helping hand in your endevours.

Edited by ATTAKHAN666, 16 May 2015 - 08:57 PM.

#3 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:13 PM

Just been looking around the forum pages and, WOW, people practically begging to join units, but i'm surprised that small and new units like mine are here putting out invites to those people and get no replies, is it because we're not "elite", or well known, are members so fussy and/ or arrogant and think they're so good that units starting out or not in the top 5 are below their standard??.
Think about it people, CGBI CK, 228, HOL etc. etc. mostly started out as small units and built themselves into what they are today, if you're looking for a unit then give the smaller units a go (look at all the units out there) and who knows maybe one day you'll be a part of a large competetive unit that you helped build up and others will look at as an "elite" unit.

#4 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:15 PM

Shameless Bump here, the website is up and running now, still tweaking it, but looks OK, have a look and here's a shameless recruiting drive as well, get in there and register and request a sign up to the unit or catch me in-game and i'll sign you up staight away, i'm in-game from 2pm AEST to 12am AEST for the next 4 weeks.
With all the units recruiting don't whine about wanting to join, JUST JOIN ONE, we're everywhere.
ATTAKHAN666

Edited by ATTAKHAN666, 19 May 2015 - 10:09 PM.

#5 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:43 PM

We now have a dedicated TS channel so drops and CW are now easier to run.

#6 cx5

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:25 PM

View PostATTAKHAN666, on 20 May 2015 - 06:43 PM, said:

We now have a dedicated TS channel so drops and CW are now easier to run.

Congratulations ATTAKHAN666, keep it up,

I'm in a slow process to get 2 mechbays from Rank 2 & 6 by jumping factions (oooppsss no body likes), I think most new MWO players will be happy to hear "promotional events" something like making new acquaintances by rotating factions once in a blue moon, also visiting other TS teams etc.

#7 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:45 PM

Hi CX5, we've had a few drops together and has been fun,
You do what you have to and damn if nobody likes it getting those pesky mechs up to level, there's a post(s) on the forums with people whinging about nerfed Clan mechs and the upcoming Clan Invasion Event and they rubbish PGI for it, maybe they should be thakful that we have this game to play because of PGI instead, i'm sick of that sh*t every second post, they should get over it and get some skills, some of the people on here have become a joke, keep up the good work on your end and if you ever want to jump over to the clans fulltime look me up I can always use a good pilot and unit member.
Looking forward to dropping with you again.
ATTAKHAN666

#8 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:18 PM

I'm still looking for recruits to join, I.S. event coming up and i'm looking for people to support the clans and our unit, c'mon guys and girls, if you're the same as me and are a clan loyalist who's looking for a small unit then here we are.ATTAKHAN666

#9 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 May 2015 - 07:24 PM

End of the month clean-up time, anyone in the unit but not on the website or on the website and not in the unit are going to be removed, it might leave me with no-one but then again I really don't have anyone now except for a couple of "i'll join maybe later" people so it shouldn't put anyone's nose out of joint, thanks for your interest people, if you ever want to get serious about joining we'll be right here. Clean-up will take place at 12am AEST tonight. ATTAKHAN666

#10 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:19 AM

Hi, still looking for recruits, if you want to join a unit that has fun and is semi competitive and does CW drops come and have a look, just one requirement, if you join the unit join up on the website, if you join up on the web site then join the unit. ATTAKHAN666

#11 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 31 May 2015 - 08:19 AM

Suggestion trothkin. If you are going to do a free forums thing, I suggest doing a Enjin one. They are very versatile and then as you grow and have members who can help donate to the site it can become quite a good home. CGBI in our early days had a Enjin site and I know a lot of MWO units use it as well.

#12 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 31 May 2015 - 12:13 PM

Thanks for the advice. ATTAKHAN666

#13 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 June 2015 - 11:00 PM

Maybe i'm just old fashioned but if you're looking for a unit and advertising as such then contact those who don't interest you or those who do, and, perhaps when you have joined a unit you should edit your original post and say that you're no longer looking because you've joined one or not advertise yourself at all as it does take up considerable time following up leads. I am still looking by the way, need to fill that 2IC spot and a few officer ranks and for those who just want to follow, MechWarrior ranks, the idea here is to get a 30 man unit going. Thanks, ATTAKHAN666

#14 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:06 AM

bump, I'm still looking for mech-warriors and a second in command, we have a TS server and just need numbers for the unit to be active and competitive. ATTAKHAN666

#15 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:27 AM

Thought about changing to another clan, even going back to my old unit, but being the "underdog"( no pun intended) GB appeals to me, I want to make a comeback for GB, how's about you join up and retain your wolf colours, all we'd need is a few WOLFS, GB's, FALCONS AND JAGUARS, all running their own colours, kind of like, a dare I say it, "a merc unit" of clanner members, we'd just be running under the GB flag, I don't think it's been done before, now it's out there someone will get p**sed off, so there it is, join the unit, run your own colours and in an event we fight for GB, any takers???, I've update the khans page on the web site to reflect a possible scenario covering this, anyone from across the water who wants in can help run it in their time-zone and i'll run it from my time-zone that's perfect for the second in command position, you recruit in your area and i'll recruit in mine and we'll have one big happy family. ATTAKHAN666

Edited by ATTAKHAN666, 10 June 2015 - 06:47 AM.

#16 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:42 AM

Well if you ever want to join a unit. Try CGBI. We are large, won Tukayyid 1st place CGB. We have oceanic players and we have European members. Almost always people on. We do ask new members to go through training. Keeps our Warriors at a specific skill level and that all Warriors know how the clan operates.

#17 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:58 AM

Sorry are you replying to me or Dar1ng One, if me then thanks but if I join a unit and disband this one i'll go back to CBK, thanks for the offer though. ATTAKHAN666

#18 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 12:14 PM

It was to you, was just a suggestion if you ended up being interested. Best of luck in any case.

#19 Wolf486

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 10:05 AM

You can't go wrong with CGBI. I've played with and against CoffiNail since MWLL and I can say beyond any shadow of a doubt that he and his team are among the most fun and awesome in all of Mechwarriordom. If you want to be clan and you want to be with a team for a very very very very long time and maybe for the rest of your life then you should move to CGBI.

#20 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:54 PM

Thanks, I was leader of CBK a 24 man unit, I only left because I wanted to go in a different direction which is what i'm doing now, I can go back to CBK anytime, I have played with and against CGBI and they are a great bunch, I have them on my Alliance list and any time they want i'll drop with them against any IS house or Clan faction, what I want to do here is give a few noobs and maybe others who aren't quite confident enough yet a chance to get their legs under them and then if they want they can go on to another unit, GBKP is a kind of training camp for noobs or a laid back bar for the veteran or even a place where the middle range guys can come and test their skills, have fun and then move on if they want. ATTAKHAN666

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users