Psa: Phoenix Poll Link

227 replies to this topic

#21 Roadkill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:19 PM

View PostAlan Davion, on 19 May 2015 - 03:05 PM, said:

No offense, but have any of you who voted no thought that because you voted no, you are potentially denying PGI a huge wave of income

ROFL.

Not at all. Every single one of those Mechs is currently available of c-bills and MC. Anyone who actually wants to buy them already can.

The only things that they can't get are the unique geometry, camo pattern, and +10% loyalty bonus. I doubt very much that the number of people for whom those things would be the tipping point leading to a Mech purchase is very high.

If you really want the Phoenix Mechs, just go buy them for MC.

#22 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:35 PM

View PostAnimus41, on 19 May 2015 - 03:15 PM, said:

There is nothing stopping PGI from releasing Phoenix II mechs. So your argument is invalid.

Not quite. Did you bother to listen to the "Town Hall Meeting" with Russ recently? Because PGI currently has two options to get the remaining Phoenix Mechs.

1. Negotiate a deal with BOTH Harmony Gold AND the studio currently involved with making the Robotech Movie. Guess what sherlock, that would cost TWICE as much money as it would have if PGI only had to negotiate with HG.

2. PGI can just say [never mind] to HG and make the remaining Phoenix Mechs. But oh, GUESS WHAT, that's still gonna cost money, because not only do they have to spend the money MAKING the mechs, but they would have to have enough to survive the [fallout] of a court battle that would ensue.

Re-releasing the Phoenix One mechs would go a long [redacted] way to paying for either of those options.

I missed out on the original release because I didn't have a computer capable of running the game, and since Clan wave one has been running for what? A couple freaking YEARS now, it's the height of stupidity to not re-release the Phoenix Mechs.

But I guess your [ego] is all that matters, isn't it?

View PostNightmare1, on 19 May 2015 - 03:15 PM, said:

You're kind of gullible, aren't you? :lol:

Also, just fyi, "those of [us] who voted no" can't change our votes once they're cast. ;)

Gee, how would you feel if I said you're kind of a jerk? :P Probably wouldn't take it very well, would you?

And perhaps you voted in haste, and as we all know, haste makes waste.

View PostRoadkill, on 19 May 2015 - 03:19 PM, said:

ROFL.

Not at all. Every single one of those Mechs is currently available of c-bills and MC. Anyone who actually wants to buy them already can.

The only things that they can't get are the unique geometry, camo pattern, and +10% loyalty bonus. I doubt very much that the number of people for whom those things would be the tipping point leading to a Mech purchase is very high.

If you really want the Phoenix Mechs, just go buy them for MC.

Well guess what, I don't have the time or the [redacted] patience to grind for weeks to get all those mechs.

And I bet you'd be surprised who would be willing to buy the mechs.

I want Phoenix re-opened because I missed out on it the first time, and I'll direct you to the top of my post for other reasons why it should be re-opened.

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 20 May 2015 - 03:45 PM.
Language

#23 Kassatsu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:37 PM

View PostAnimus41, on 19 May 2015 - 12:26 PM, said:

Remember folks a Yes vote here means a Yes vote for the resell of the Founders mechs as well.

Sure it does. Because the Phoenix packs were released before the founder packs, right?

That's the logic I got from you. It makes no sense.

EDIT: I'd have voted yes just out of spite at the stupidity of people trying to defend their "no" decisions even if I hadn't already planned on voting yes in the first place. You can probably guess where my vote is, unfortunately it's about 7% in favor of not giving PGI more money at the cost of exactly nothing to current owners.

Edited by Kassatsu, 19 May 2015 - 03:39 PM.

#24 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:40 PM

No offense, but have any of you who voted no thought that because you voted no, you are potentially denying PGI a huge wave of income

good.

#25 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:42 PM

View PostAlan Davion, on 19 May 2015 - 03:35 PM, said:

Well guess what, I don't have the time or the god-damn patience to grind for weeks to get all those mechs.

And I bet you'd be surprised who would be willing to buy the mechs.

I want Phoenix re-opened because I missed out on it the first time, and I'll direct you to the top of my post for other reasons why it should be re-opened.

Well guess what?  You can buy them for MC.  No grinding needed!
As for the top of your post, you're conflating the Phoenix with the Phoenix packages.  There is no Harmony Gold issue with anything in the Phoenix packages, nor would there be with any Mechs offered in a Phoenix II package assuming PGI gets a clue and does that instead.

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 20 May 2015 - 03:46 PM.
Language in quote

#26 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:46 PM

View PostAlan Davion, on 19 May 2015 - 03:35 PM, said:

Gee, how would you feel if I said you're kind of a jerk? :P Probably wouldn't take it very well, would you?

And perhaps you voted in haste, and as we all know, haste makes waste.

Frankly, I wouldn't care one way or the other. It's hard to take someone seriously who can't think coherently and feels the need to swear himself blue in a pitiable effort to convey a simple emotion or message (referring to the entirety of you post, of course, and not merely the section I quoted).

My vote was pre-meditated. Nothing hasty about it. As soon as I saw the poll, I knew there was but one answer for me; a resounding, "NO!" :ph34r:

View PostRoadkill, on 19 May 2015 - 03:42 PM, said:

Well guess what? You can buy them for MC. No grinding needed!

As for the top of your post, you're conflating the Phoenix with the Phoenix packages. There is no Harmony Gold issue with anything in the Phoenix packages, nor would there be with any Mechs offered in a Phoenix II package assuming PGI gets a clue and does that instead.

Alan is ill-informed. Good effort to set him straight. :)

#27 Xendigo

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:07 PM

I voted yes , because I missed the second part of he phoenix package do to being stuck at work plowing to keep roads clear of snow so people could get to the grocery store, or kids could get to school , and emergency vehicles could get to you if you had an emergency . I would just like the chance to buy those mechs I could not get do to being a responsible addition to society.

#28 AnimosityMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 207 posts
  • LocationRight behind that rock over there.

Posted 19 May 2015 - 10:36 PM

Although I applaud your efforts to keep the roads clear for ambulances, kids and little old ladies I really can't give you a pass on the mechs simply because I live in the desert and have no use/need for snowplows. Sorry.

#29 Naduk

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:59 PM

this is a bump but thought id add some flavor
i also voted no

people want the pack to come back, but its not the pack its self they want, its the mechs and the value it presented
they should make a new pack if they want to sell the mechs
it needs to be a different pack

i present to you

COMSTAR'S CACHE
3 locusts
3 shadow hawks
3 thunderbolts
3 battlemasters
3 wolverines
3 griffins
primes with a fancy white comstar paint job
premium time
paints
skins
cockpit items
forum titles and badges
loyalty bonus's (generic ones this time instead of faction specific)
anything else i missed
AND
a new loyalty mech for any previous pack owners (incl clan packs), i believe multi pack owners should always be rewarded and would suggest a choice between a Hatamoto-Chi or Kodiak

everything we got last time
however here would be the kicker
the primes should be selected from the newly released variants for those mechs
if you already own the phoenix pack there should be an upgrade/bolt on mode so you still get all the extras and only the prime variants but for the price of the lowest pack or a bit less (unless you want a bunch of duplicates, then the full pack can still be done)
turn around time would be super fast because 90% of the work is already fin

thats how i would do it
everybody would be happy, phoenix owners can get a upgrade , people that missed out can get what they want , clanners who like to collect or dabble with IS still get rewards for their side, pgi get lots of money
honestly the only people that might not like my plan is the artists that are already swamped with work but they can suck it up because they have one of the coolest jobs in the world

#30 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 May 2015 - 12:02 AM

View PostAnimus41, on 19 May 2015 - 12:26 PM, said:

Remember folks a Yes vote here means a Yes vote for the resell of the Founders mechs as well.

No it doesn't. The two packages aren't even remotely comparable. That statement is too idiotic to warrant a longer response.

#31 M E X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 381 posts
  • Locationg-town, Vienna, Austria, EU.

Posted 20 May 2015 - 12:21 AM

View Poststjobe, on 19 May 2015 - 12:37 PM, said:

I voted no.

Why?

"Important! These Phoenix Variants will NEVER again be available to purchase or to unlock once the sale offer has ended."
- Phoenix FAQ

That's pretty definite, don't you think?
I voted NO too !

I wont have a problem IF the same mechs which are in the Phoenix packs would be sold in a INNER SPHERE STARTER PACK, but I dont want that the LIMITED (P) mechs are sold again and I also dont want the TALON, STORM, GUARDIAN and OVERWOLF badges be available again !

View PostCodestar, on 20 May 2015 - 12:25 AM, said:

... I was hoping for a yes vote from the community out of self interest...
OUT OF SELF INTEREST ? ! ... I want to buy a FOUNDERS PACK too ! They should be made available again, as I didnt have enough cash or a computer able to play MW0 when they were sold ! ;)

Edited by M E X, 20 May 2015 - 12:36 AM.

#32 Codestar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 132 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

Posted 20 May 2015 - 12:25 AM

Just woke up and checked the poll.

I was hoping for a yes vote from the community out of self interest. I would like to play this game as long as possible. Worthless virtual content ceases to exist when the game ends. I have purchased everything other than the phoenix package. I have most of the phoenix mechs via mastery bundles. I like mechs, I like as much content as I can get for the game I enjoy playing. As a game developer everything I purchased was to support the game and its continued existence. Today feels like another kick in the ribs from some of the community.Pull your heads out of the sand and take a look at the bigger picture (not your unique geometry!).

Cheers

Codestar :(

#33 Savage Wolf

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 20 May 2015 - 12:27 AM

Exclusive content always feels like a punishment for everyone who just happened to miss it or simply wasn't in the game when they were available. Remember several other games where when I arrived, it was full of content I could never get because I didn't even know the game existed at that time.
So as an Overlord, I voted Yes. So that others may have access to the same awesome stuff that I have and may support the game by buying it if they can.

#34 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 20 May 2015 - 03:56 AM

So many people feeling entitled to a shot at the Phoenix.

They should have been supporters of MWO earlier on to reap that benefit. Trying to change it after the fact is rather underhanded. A promise is a promise, and PGI guaranteed back during the sale that the Phoenix was a one-time deal. It's more important, at this point, to show PGI that we expect them to keep their word than it is for us to toss such things out the window. If we allow them to break their promise, then they will have additional precedent to break other, less rigid promises as well.

That's what's at stake here, more than simply a Mech pack. The Phoenix was almost like a secondary Founder's Pack. It was the first real Mech Pack in the game and had the special, one-time offer just like the Founder's Pack did. For many people, such as myself, buying the Phoenix pack was our way of supporting the game because we did not want to risk buying a Founder's package. It was special, unique. People who missed out because they weren't in-game or simply decided not to buy it shouldn't get a chance to get our exclusive content simply because they changed their minds or joined the game too late. That's not the way it works.

You can't have everything you want in life. The Phoenix is one of them. If you blew your chance at it, then that's too bad, but it doesn't constitute me as a consumer being victimized just so that you can get a second chance years later.

#35 Doman Hugin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 197 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:03 AM

View PostAlan Davion, on 19 May 2015 - 03:05 PM, said:

No offense, but have any of you who voted no thought that because you voted no, you are potentially denying PGI a huge wave of income, and potentially a "Phoenix Wave 2" further down the line with mechs like the Stinger/Wasp, Phoenix Hawk, Crusader and Marauder, and even more? If the Phoenix Project were re-opened, it could very well pay for the remaining Phoenix Mechs that were not touched due to Harmony Gold's stranglehold on them. Who the hell seriously cares about "false advertising" these days anyway. We are CONSTANTLY bombarded with false advertisements in this day and age. Think this through guys, you're denying PGI even more money that could be spent to add more mechs to, and overall improve this game.

As of this post just over 1600 people have voted, that’s 1600 people with a proven record of buying MWO products almost 2 years ago and are still here to vote. If Phoenix is re-released and becomes the next Mech pack, that’s 1600 proven paying customers with no reason to buy it.

Now if they change the Phoenix re-release variants or some such those people might buy into it.

#36 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:15 AM

View PostDoman Hugin, on 20 May 2015 - 04:03 AM, said:

As of this post just over 1600 people have voted, that’s 1600 people with a proven record of buying MWO products almost 2 years ago and are still here to vote. If Phoenix is re-released and becomes the next Mech pack, that’s 1600 proven paying customers with no reason to buy it.

Now if they change the Phoenix re-release variants or some such those people might buy into it.

Ok But how many players are here that may not have been here when the pack was on sale? Don't they deserve a chance to give PGI their Money for those Mechs with a similar deal?

View PostNightmare1, on 20 May 2015 - 03:56 AM, said:

They should have been supporters of MWO earlier on to reap that benefit. Trying to change it after the fact is rather underhanded. A promise is a promise, and PGI guaranteed back during the sale that the Phoenix was a one-time deal. It's more important, at this point, to show PGI that we expect them to keep their word than it is for us to toss such things out the window. If we allow them to break their promise, then they will have additional precedent to break other, less rigid promises as well.

That's what's at stake here, more than simply a Mech pack. The Phoenix was almost like a secondary Founder's Pack. It was the first real Mech Pack in the game and had the special, one-time offer just like the Founder's Pack did. For many people, such as myself, buying the Phoenix pack was our way of supporting the game because we did not want to risk buying a Founder's package. It was special, unique. People who missed out because they weren't in-game or simply decided not to buy it shouldn't get a chance to get our exclusive content simply because they changed their minds or joined the game too late. That's not the way it works.

You can't have everything you want in life. The Phoenix is one of them. If you blew your chance at it, then that's too bad, but it doesn't constitute me as a consumer being victimized just so that you can get a second chance years later.
You are not thinking like a business.

Also the saying You cannot have everything you want in life... Works both ways. You want the Phoenix pack to stay Exclusive... You can't always get what you want in life.

#37 Doman Hugin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 197 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:26 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 20 May 2015 - 04:15 AM, said:

Ok But how many players are here that may not have been here when the pack was on sale? Don't they deserve a chance to give PGI their Money for those Mechs with a similar deal?

No idea of other numbers, the poll is the only referance I have.

A similar deal is a fine idea, i think i mentioned that.
But re-releasing the original (P) variants, no thanks, breaking their word over mostly cosmetic fluff just doesn't sit well with me.
Put that mostly cosmetic fluff on another varient and I'll support it, hell i might even buy it.

#38 Bobzilla

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,003 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:40 AM

View PostCodestar, on 20 May 2015 - 12:25 AM, said:

Just woke up and checked the poll.

I was hoping for a yes vote from the community out of self interest. I would like to play this game as long as possible. Worthless virtual content ceases to exist when the game ends. I have purchased everything other than the phoenix package. I have most of the phoenix mechs via mastery bundles. I like mechs, I like as much content as I can get for the game I enjoy playing. As a game developer everything I purchased was to support the game and its continued existence. Today feels like another kick in the ribs from some of the community.Pull your heads out of the sand and take a look at the bigger picture (not your unique geometry!).

Cheers

Codestar :(

The bigger picture is this game won't last without people buying things. People who don't have any faith or trust in PGI won't buy anything.

No trust is causing a lack of income, not a solution to it.

#39 Savage Wolf

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:52 AM

So many people feeling entitled to having the Phoenix all to themselves.

They are not breaking a promise if we agree to lifting that promise or changing that promise. Promises is a contract and contracts can be renegotiated. And saying that it will somehow allow them to do more than they are asking is false. We are answering a simple question with very defined bounderies. It cannot give permissions for anything beyond the Phoenix or they would need to ask a different question.
They might ask different questions later, but there is nothing wrong with that, no matter the answer to this one.

The Phoenix package was a package of mechs, just like the Resistance packs are. Nothing more. It was never advertised as such. With the Founders, it's literally in the name, so yes, that's different.

Accusing people wanting the Phoenix pack of playing the victim card by playing the victim card.

View PostBobzilla, on 20 May 2015 - 04:40 AM, said:

No trust is causing a lack of income, not a solution to it.

That's is why they are asking, so they can do it with trust, if we give it to them.

Edited by Savage Wolf, 20 May 2015 - 04:54 AM.

#40 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:59 AM

View Poststjobe, on 19 May 2015 - 12:37 PM, said:

I voted no.

Why?

"Important! These Phoenix Variants will NEVER again be available to purchase or to unlock once the sale offer has ended."
- Phoenix FAQ

That's pretty definite, don't you think?

See thats the problem when you make definitive statements like that. Eventually you WILL break your word. in business and in life terms like Never and Always get proven wrong.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users