4 replies to this topic

#1 LORD TSARKON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 776 posts
  • LocationButtmunch City

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:31 PM

I have run the REpair tool numerous times...

I have Right clicked and Properties, Compatibility, and Run as admisinstrator...

I flushed the DNS... stopped all programs (AntiVirus is AVG)...

Basically I the Patcher crashes to Desktop (no mention of error or anything)...

I have not played MWo since Monday because of this... Tuesday's Patch I cannot finish downloading..

Someone please Help

I have Windows 7 64 bit

Intel® Core i3-2125 CPU @ 3.30 GHz

GeForce GTX 260

8 GB RAm

#2 Ironwithin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:53 PM

If you have run the repair tool (and fixed all errors) your game is updated already.

When did you play last ? What did you do to/with your system after that ?
If the problem showed up between patches it's likely caused by something that happened to your machine, not something PGI did.

#3 LORD TSARKON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 776 posts
  • LocationButtmunch City

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:40 PM

View PostIronwithin, on 20 May 2015 - 06:53 PM, said:

If you have run the repair tool (and fixed all errors) your game is updated already.

If the problem showed up between patches it's likely caused by something that happened to your machine, not something PGI did.

Thats Completely not true... whenever you run the repair tool it does not automatically update your game.... I do appreciate your help however (not trying to be a D-bag here.. I will take any help I can get).

I last played on Tuesday morning I believe 10 minutes before the 10 am Patch.... and since then I get 1/2 way through the Patch and the Patcher Crashes to Desktop...no errors or anything... it just stops and crashes.

I have done NOTHING to my computer (besides reboot it a few times to try to fix any problems).

I am not the only person with this problem... This latest Patch is causing MASSIVE problems to lots of people...

Crashes Again

Gaming Failing to Start After the Last Patch

Patch Broke my Game

Game Unstable After New Patch

Hang-Up on Startup as of 1.3.395(my Problem as well)

There is a hotfix Thursday(tomorrow) but if I can't even get the first Patch downloaded.. how am I going to get the 2nd Patch done?

This is the screenshot I got for the repair

Posted Image

#4 Ironwithin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:06 PM

View PostIronwithin, on 20 May 2015 - 06:53 PM, said:

See the marked part?
It apparently did not happen between patches, wich was not clear from your first post.

View PostLORD TSARKON, on 20 May 2015 - 07:40 PM, said:

Thats Completely not true... whenever you run the repair tool it does not automatically update your game.... I do appreciate your help however (not trying to be a D-bag here.. I will take any help I can get).

It does update your game to the latest version (because it downloads all files wich are not identical to the lastest release) IF it runs properly wich, looking at your screenshot, it clearly does not (you also failed to mention that).

Did you try running the repair tool specificly with admin rights ? Go to the bin32-folder in your mwo install-directory and right click MWORepairTool.exe, choose "Run as Administrator".
Yes, I saw you mention running something with admin-rights but again you weren't very specific. If you started the launcher with admin rights it might or might not have carried those over to the repair tool, with PGI and Microsoft involved you never know.

You could also try deactivating any AV-software you have running, those sometimes prevent acces to .dll files. The software should indicate a block but again you never know...

#5 LORD TSARKON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 776 posts
  • LocationButtmunch City

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:42 AM

Oks... Looking over the REpair tool I did miss that part (and the REpair tool did not close out all the way). Looks like one of the files could not re-download..

Posted Image

So I deleted that File... restarted the Repair Tool with Anti-Virus off and run as Administrator and this is what happened next..
Below
Posted Image

So I delete that File... run the Repair tool again.... and get this..(Below)

Posted Image

This is the result... now Bin 64 has problems....(Below)..
Posted Image

I'll keep going through this but might have to do complete new install.... I still blame the patch

EDIT: Since I do not use the 64 bit cLient I decided to try the game... it says Play instead of PAtch!! SO I boot up the game and get this error..

Posted Image

Had to run the Repair Tool 29 more times... each time individually deleting files.... from English.pak files to level pak files,ect..

Game finally WORKS...... I have 2 hours until hotfix happens...

Pray that it doesnt mess up my game again..

Thanks though for your help!

EDIT:

I have to do this now for every 2nd Patch since this latest Patch....

any info on what PGI did to their Patcher? It seems that I now have to run the Repair tool to weed out each individual File marked for deletion and then run the repair tool again to redownload the newest File...

Basically I have to run the REpair tool 20-30 times (takes hours) to Patch the game now...

I thought it could be my user or Permission settings but I checked that... Does anyone know what is going on?

Edited by LORD TSARKON, 17 June 2015 - 03:12 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users