9 replies to this topic

#1 snowfalcon8

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 36 posts
  • LocationPerth Western Australia

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:30 PM

Hi i know this may have been already asked and answered but i and may have been asking about when Regional sever's would be introduced to MWOnline.

It would be great if we had the chance to play normal and CW games against other player's with the same Ping's and be able to test our mettle against each other in fair combat.

I would also say that all player's would have no problem in chipping if for some of the cost's for this.
Ie: a national flag which would be a Mc for Cash cost.

I live in Australia and have an average ping of 300 and a asiapacific Sever would be a great advantage for this game as i have found that in our time zone that the single greatest problem our unit's face in retaining player's for MWOnline is the ping and HSR issue's and by having Regional sever's this would go a long way in helping with retaining your player base as well as growing it..

#2 qwerty

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 39 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:52 PM

Or just fix the HSR sorry snow but the servers should be put somewhere like Hawaii where everyone suffers the same problem and we would be able to compete with out the handicapp

#3 Xenois Shalashaska

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 343 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:24 AM

Mechwarrior could use the regional servers to boost player count & create are more functional community warfare. The constant grind of hit detection just to score points is why people come & go. The end result would be people finding other games with more lower latency.

#4 ebea51

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 435 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 23 May 2015 - 01:52 AM

+10 Agree.

MWO is still a FPS and even moreso than other online games, people look at pings and server placement before deciding to play.
It makes a huge difference.

If pings arnt X-or-below, a lot of people just don't want to know about it or the player doesn't want to have to deal with all the trouble.

Australia has always been on the a**-end of any regional server placement list - we are used to it.
We are also used to running and supporting our own servers independent of developer support and more often than not (because regional servers for us are soooo rare) LONG after support for the game has stopped (e.g. America's Army 2.6)

Network performance and quality IS the single biggest detractor for the game.
US gets sick of versing EU and AUS
EU gets sick of versing US and AUS
AUS gets sick of versing US and EU

Its a pitty to break the player base up... but differences in geographical location DOES effect network latency leading to a detrimental gameplay experience.
And for an ENTIRELY ONLINE PRODUCT the online experience SHOULD be, as a minimum standard, the SINGLE THING that is done right...

And in MWO, sadly, its not.
If hitreg and HSR are improved to the point where the online experience improves to the point where regional servers are not needed - THEN POWER TO YOU PGI, GO FOR IT!
... but until that time (if it will ever come), the only solution to deal with latency disparities is regional servers.

#5 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 23 May 2015 - 03:34 AM

I'd go as far to say that I would pay a moderate monthly subscription (even if the wife disowns me) for regional servers.

It has been talked about forever. Russ even said in one of the recent town hall's that now that IGP is out of the way and they have a new server hosting provider that it would be easier than ever.

#6 x Zool x

• PipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 28 posts
  • LocationAus

Posted 23 May 2015 - 02:54 PM

Correct me if I am wrong but I have heard that HSR only works with a difference in player latencies of 150ms or less. When those of us who have to put up with pings of 260+ have to play with/against players with pings below to 100-150 mark then HSR does not work so this kind of measure is of no benefit to geographically challenged players.

Seriously in the last 12 months, despite all the goodies provided in game, more and more people esp those in Aus and other areas where pings are over 150 are leaving for better serviced games. I hardly play any more because of the lack of regional servers.

It took Blizzard 10 YEARS to get regional servers in place for WoW and D3, and the difference has returned large numbers to their games.

PLEASE PGI, don't make us Aussies and other high pingers wait forever to be able to play on an even footing with US and even Euro based players. It might not be the gold mine you are looking for but our part of the world has many passionate gamers who would be a lot more supportive (include spending cold hard cash) of what is one of the biggest sci-fi/gaming franchises in the world.

More mechs, maps and (game) modes are all well and good but as Ebea51 has pointed out

View Postebea51, on 23 May 2015 - 01:52 AM, said:

+10 Agree.

MWO is still an FPS and even more so than other online games, people look at pings and server placement before deciding to play.
It makes a huge difference.

If pings aren't X-or-below, a lot of people just don't want to know about it or the player doesn't want to have to deal with all the trouble.

There is an old saying, "If it ain't broke, then don't fix it."

No matter how pretty it looks, PGI, as far as thousands of gamers are concerned, MWO IS BROKEN.

Please fix it for us, you're the only ones who can.

#7 D1rty0ldM4n

Rookie

• The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 07:20 PM

Completely agree with everything stated on here. I was just talking about it the other day trying to understand why this hadn't been done already.

As per most post over here (http://mwomercs.com/...y/page__st__280) sell a camo or something for whatever price you need, tell us how many you need to sell to make an oceanic server for free... you're bleeding players in the southern hemisphere because of this.

Plus with the CW timezones you could still have a consistent worldwide CW map despite different server locations... and/or allow players the choice of server when they start the game.

Anyway, can't say anything else that hasn't been said dozens of times over already. Even just a Yes it will happen one day or a No never going to happen would be nice. If its a cost issue, let us pay. We will.

#8 Leslie Chow

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 01:41 AM

id like to say yes please, as im Australian and this is true 300 plus ping always and yes if there was better ping set for us down under. The amount of new players for mwo would increase alot for this area its the crap ping that keeps most people away, or from even attempting to play mwo.Fix to increase pacific players is a must its that simple i just upgraded my pc and my fps is threw the roof but game play is still tainted by the wildly high ping :(

#9 Speedy Plysitkos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 24 May 2015 - 02:18 AM

like it was said.

too expensive, for too small comunity.

Maybe when they hit STEAM. just mybe

#10 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:10 AM

So for people who have no clue the HSRA WORKS very will up to 500ms. MWO is server authoritative so its only between the user and the server not between 2 users. From Melbourne i have very few issues at 230 to 250ms ping.

Regional servers would be death to this game. Seriously its hard enough to get CW games in AU frequently enough, separate out the regions and you would never get a game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users