Mercstar Rumors?

1595 replies to this topic

#1221 soaq

• PipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:47 PM

I heard to real mercstar demobilized to dedicate themselves to velociraptor whispering.

#1222 Xavier

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:41 AM

View PostKin3ticX, on 30 July 2017 - 02:21 PM, said:

I was on the inside too and you were ultra white knighting as hard as you could for PGI on how "they are doing everything we asked for guys". All this while ignoring the warning signs of what CW would clearly become when the "fix" patch hit.

You have zero credibility and don't even belong in PGI roundtables. The community at large shouldn't allow it if it had any sense left. You are just riding on the fumes of the old Mercstar.

So if I am riding on the fumes and you are trying to resurrect the very thing whose fumes you are referring too then doesn't that make you a fine sniffer?.....all jokes aside allow me to post a rebuttals.

1) if I actually cared what you thought this might have been a hurtful comment, but I don't so it wasn't
2) yes you were on the inside but not from the beginning you were a tag along that joined long after -MS- had made a name for itself so "pot meet kettle"
3) do you work in any sort of software development capacity at all.....NO.....so you are even less qualified
4) you didn't agree with tony disbanding the unit either and tried to talk him out of it
5) you even joined the mercstar remnant for a period of time before you parted ways with us.
6) I never said they were giving us everything we wanted "just as we asked for it"

Maybe if tony would have done a better job at selling shimmering swords original tug of war concept we wouldn't be where we are at today! I wasn't the one that plugged the ideas that supposedly broke the mode, that was all tony, I am only trying to make the best of what we have.

Everything you have said about me may or may not be true but it all applies to you in a far greater degree to you, so I am at peace....at least I didn't run away from the game and leave an entire unit to fend for itself. Rather I stayed and am trying to build something entirely different than what -MS- was. (MS) is an entity of its own now it doesn't and never did belong to anyone one person it belongs to the collective something that a leader once forgo.

I have said my peace and now will continue moving forward.

o7

Edited by Xavier, 03 August 2017 - 01:26 AM.

#1223 Kin3ticX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:42 AM

View PostXavier, on 03 August 2017 - 12:41 AM, said:

So if I am riding on the fumes and you are trying to resurrect the very thing whose fumes you are referring too then doesn't that make you a fine sniffer?.....all jokes aside allow me to post a rebuttals.

1) if I actually cared what you thought this might have been a hurtful comment, but I don't so it wasn't
2) yes you were on the inside but not from the beginning you were a tag along that joined long after -MS- had made a name for itself so "pot meet kettle"
3) do you work in any sort of software development capacity at all.....NO.....so you are even less qualified
4) you didn't agree with tony disbanding the unit either and tried to talk him out of it
5) you even joined the mercstar remnant for a period of time before you parted ways with us.
6) I never said they were giving us everything we wanted "just as we asked for it"

Maybe if tony would have done a better job at selling shimmering swords original tug of war concept we wouldn't be where we are at today! I wasn't the one that plugged the ideas that supposedly broke the mode, that was all tony, I am only trying to make the best of what we have.

Everything you have said about me may or may not be true but it all applies to you in a far greater degree to you, so I am at peace....at least I didn't run away from the game and leave an entire unit to fend for itself. Rather I stayed and am trying to build something entirely different than what -MS- was. (MS) is an entity of its own now it doesn't and never did belong to anyone one person it belongs to the collective something that a leader once forgo.

I have said my peace and now will continue moving forward.

o7

This is a bunch of nonsense.

I was never in your unit, I never tagged up. I played maybe 15 matches with your guys as a lonewolf.

Just to clarify since what I said went completely over your head, I don't have a problem with your spinoff unit, I have a problem with you going to Russ and Derek as someone from Mercstar. Your spinoff unit is not the genuine -MS- from phase 2. The genuine Mercstar is gone as we knew it.

Yes it's true I wasn't for closing Mercstar down a few days before we tested phase 4. I wanted to at least give phase 4 a go before axing -MS-. As it turns out I wasn't going to binge play phase 4 so it worked out.

#1224 Xavier

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 03:38 AM

Hey kinetix.....please re-read my comment....I never said you tagged up, I said you joined....meaning you dropped with us.....this is the problem with written communication you read what you want to not what was written.

And I have a problem with the fact that certain individuals who will remain unnamed.....who never liked our roundtable ideas in the first place came into the first meeting with russ and spoke defacto about things that were talked about in open forum roundtables of which he was never a supporter. I can't stand glory hogs.

If this is just about making the game better I am all for it.....but don't blame me for design decisions that russ made that were not what we pitched......!

And contrary to your opinions I really like the skirmish and conquest game modes in FP, domination and assault less so, but conquest is finally fun to play and is about more than just killing, it's far more strategic than. "See base smash base ooohhh me hulk"

Edited by Xavier, 03 August 2017 - 03:40 AM.

#1225 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:08 AM

View PostXavier, on 03 August 2017 - 03:38 AM, said:

Hey kinetix.....please re-read my comment....I never said you tagged up, I said you joined....meaning you dropped with us.....this is the problem with written communication you read what you want to not what was written.

And I have a problem with the fact that certain individuals who will remain unnamed.....who never liked our roundtable ideas in the first place came into the first meeting with russ and spoke defacto about things that were talked about in open forum roundtables of which he was never a supporter. I can't stand glory hogs.

If this is just about making the game better I am all for it.....but don't blame me for design decisions that russ made that were not what we pitched......!

And contrary to your opinions I really like the skirmish and conquest game modes in FP, domination and assault less so, but conquest is finally fun to play and is about more than just killing, it's far more strategic than. "See base smash base ooohhh me hulk"

It's not fair to blame you for the state of CW. I know I accused/suggested you were blowing smoke up their *** so I apologize for that.

Can I at least get a "PGI messed up CW" out of you? This is way beyond bickering over some superficial tug of war which wouldnt have filled up enough holes anyways.

#1226 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:30 AM

View PostKin3ticX, on 01 August 2017 - 06:37 PM, said:

PGI let phase 2 drag on too long, about 4-6 months too long, and then essentially ruined it with phase 3. Phase 2 was good, but it was still somewhat a skeleton of what they claimed they could do. They then let it fester in the squalor of phase 3 for another 8 months or so. We saw phase 4 as a total retreat into a glorified play now queue.

This is why I joke that we need to do a system restore back to mid 2015 and go from there.

Once Antonius Rex and a big chunk of our officer core was gone it was the beginning of the end for -MS-. Maybe that was PGI's plan, maybe they are just this bad at making CW, who knows.

MS died by suicide.

I had a blast for 1,5 years, when MS had from 60 to 150 pilots.

Then suddently, the suicide happened: pilots number from 250 and heading to 400.

I warned Antonius many times, that's was going to end bad.
In the last month I was literally the only one knowing what to do in a drop, and pugs with MS tag (and prolly tier 4-5) weren't even listening.

So, sadly, I had to leave.....

#1227 Pat Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:36 PM

Why did this thread just get sad and vaguely pathetic...

#1228 slide

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:24 PM

View PostPat Kell, on 03 August 2017 - 07:36 PM, said:

It's what happens when large groups have a leadership vacuum and no direction. People try to pick up the pieces and carry on with what they consider the right direction. The problems/solutions are rarely agreed upon so things fracture. Then they get bitter. Kind of how some marriages progress.

I think it's kind of worse in this kind of environment (online) where every one is a faceless name who volunteers their time because they want to. As soon as that element that compels them is removed, things fall apart. Kcom probably has it right by being relatively small.

#1229 MaxFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 339 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:56 PM

View PostPat Kell, on 03 August 2017 - 07:36 PM, said:

Clearly not enough rumors.

I heard that Pat Kell offered to buy -MS- from Antonius Rex. Rumored price was an ultimate pack gift code and a BJ. It was unclear to me if it meant the Arrow or something else.

#1230 vocifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 284 posts
  • LocationMordor borderlands

Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:38 AM

I heard Tony was exiled from MercStar for his attempt to disband a unit without putting this question on referendum. Since then several outsiders have claimed MS unlegit and tried to brake the unit with aggressive media campaign. The lack of resources and support has set it to fail eventually and did the opposite to it's goal - "bad PR" brought some attention from older members and new people helping MS with getting new recruits.

#1231 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:53 PM

View PostMaxFool, on 03 August 2017 - 10:56 PM, said:

Clearly not enough rumors.

I heard that Pat Kell offered to buy -MS- from Antonius Rex. Rumored price was an ultimate pack gift code and a BJ. It was unclear to me if it meant the Arrow or something else.

no, actually what happened was that I offered to purchase MS from him as I planned to disband it to further strengthen our chances of taking planets for 15 MC per cycle but Antonius caught wind of my plans and disbanded it himself. I really think he did it so that he would be called the bad guy of MWO instead of me. My plans are always foiled....

#1232 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 10:41 AM

I heard MS tried to reform but the first match was on a QP map - with no gens to rush they got completely confused, ran in circles and had TKed 27 of each other before the other team even found them.

#1233 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:09 AM

Tony found himself motivated by the idea that "Kane lives in death," and decided to try to return to MWO in order to propagate some kind of massive civil war...

...perhaps THIS is where the latest iteration of Mechwarrior Online gets its name!?

#1234 Xannatharr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 425 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:32 AM

View PostCommander A9, on 07 August 2017 - 07:09 AM, said:

...perhaps THIS is where the latest iteration of Mechwarrior Online gets its name!?

Yeah, the "Civil War" moniker certainly doesn't have anything to do with the current 2 bukkit game-play, so I think you may have something there!

Clickity --> http://imgur.com/a/1aPmT

#1235 Kwea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 374 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 11:43 PM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 03 August 2017 - 04:30 AM, said:

MS died by suicide.

I had a blast for 1,5 years, when MS had from 60 to 150 pilots.

Then suddently, the suicide happened: pilots number from 250 and heading to 400.

I warned Antonius many times, that's was going to end bad.
In the last month I was literally the only one knowing what to do in a drop, and pugs with MS tag (and prolly tier 4-5) weren't even listening.

So, sadly, I had to leave.....

And we never missed you, and still don't.

View PostMischiefSC, on 05 August 2017 - 10:41 AM, said:

I heard MS tried to reform but the first match was on a QP map - with no gens to rush they got completely confused, ran in circles and had TKed 27 of each other before the other team even found them.

and still won.

#1236 Kwea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 374 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 11:47 PM

View PostKin3ticX, on 03 August 2017 - 02:42 AM, said:

This is a bunch of nonsense.

I was never in your unit, I never tagged up. I played maybe 15 matches with your guys as a lonewolf.

Just to clarify since what I said went completely over your head, I don't have a problem with your spinoff unit, I have a problem with you going to Russ and Derek as someone from Mercstar. Your spinoff unit is not the genuine -MS- from phase 2. The genuine Mercstar is gone as we knew it.

Yes it's true I wasn't for closing Mercstar down a few days before we tested phase 4. I wanted to at least give phase 4 a go before axing -MS-. As it turns out I wasn't going to binge play phase 4 so it worked out.

It's the same people who were playing most of the games for MS for well over a year before it was disbanded. We weren't the bullshitters here, Kin, and Tony was never half as smart as he thought he was. He was really good at taking other peoples work and ideas and branding them as his own, though.

SInce about 70 of us were part of MS, I'd say we have more right to it than either of you at this point.

Not that I expect you to agree. You are a good guy, and you spent a ton of time and effort in the old MS, but no one person gets to decide when we all stop playing, or what we call ourselves. We reformed, and continue playing.

Best of luck.

Edited by Kwea, 02 November 2017 - 11:52 PM.

#1237 -Mean Machine Angel-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 195 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:55 PM

I have been enjoying the games against zombie MS,allways fun.
Also MS runs Crabs because they are trying to project their "health issues" onto the rest of us.SPREADING CRABS IS NOT LOVE !!!! I've been itching for days !

#1238 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 02:50 PM

View PostMean Machine Angel x, on 03 November 2017 - 12:55 PM, said:

I have been enjoying the games against zombie MS,allways fun.
Also MS runs Crabs because they are trying to project their "health issues" onto the rest of us.SPREADING CRABS IS NOT LOVE !!!! I've been itching for days !

I think it was just a convenience thing. I mean it's probably a given that at this point, everyone in MS has crabs. Pretty sure that most people get crabs not long after they join. Hell, drop a few matches with MS and you'll probably end up getting crabs sooner or later.

Probably on the checklist for signing up for MS.

'Do you have crabs?'

'Of course I do! I got them ages ago, wouldn't get rid of them if I could!'

'Splendid! You'll fit right in! Always awkward when someone shows up for the party and doesn't have crabs!'

#1239 Blackgodzilla

• PipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:35 PM

I heard MS was run by a bunch of egomaniacs who got too high off themselves, and then crashed hard when they eventually came down.

#1240 November Juliet

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 111 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 08:36 AM

Xavier good luck trying to reform MS. Haters gonna hate. Trust me the amount of hate that gets spit at us every day is nuts. People complaining about lack of units being good. Here is someone trying to make a good unit and yall are running him down.

Edited by November Juliet, 07 November 2017 - 08:36 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users