So When Are They Going To Fix Trebuchets?

21 replies to this topic

#1 Rat of the Legion Vega

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 384 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 03:28 AM

Hands down, probably one THE worst mechs in the game. It makes the Nova look powerful.

The Trebuchet has never been a good mech in this game, ever. It's a downright awful mech in the current environment.

The Thunderbolt once was in a similar position until it got quirked to high heaven. The Trebuchet's quirks in comparison are pathetic at best.

The model is oversized. So when are we going to get proper quirks to compensate? Quirks that exceed the Hunchback Js?

#2 Violent Tendencies

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 102 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 03:57 AM

Apparently you've never driven a Dragon...

#3 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 30 May 2015 - 03:58 AM

About the same time the Jenner gets a CT armor and structure buff.

And saw a build yesterday that the guy Kurtis was rocking

2 PPC and 1 UAC,

He had mad skillz, I was impressed.

#4 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 30 May 2015 - 03:58 AM

Its a medium fire support Mech being used on teh front line. What do you expect to happen?

#5 Templar Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:04 AM

View PostViolent Tendencies, on 30 May 2015 - 03:57 AM, said:

Apparently you've never driven a Dragon...

*coughDRG-4Ncough*

#6 Frederick Steiner A F

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Locationthe Blue Pearl in the black Space of the Milky Way of Sun's fading away

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:06 AM

Excuse that i cant withstand this...but are we talking the same Mech? That one that can go 115kph with Full Armor/Jets plus 5-x Lazors and Srm? That can stick a Ac20 together with 2 mL better then a exposed Hunch Mech can? That can fire with 2 Lrm15 faster then this disturbing monkey Cockpit Tool can clap the jingles? Dont to speak of a 90kph PPC/Gauss Skirmisher with a sturdy nice CT and welcomed big tanky Arms to wave to them as you turn by to take the next Particle Effect Scratch on their Nice Camo. Hmm either ways your are a nice sarcastic Person and im too blinded to see it ;) :blink: Or may I see what you try to do here is a lil about Reverse-Psychology... but then.. shame on you for lure me in :ph34r:
Anyways, i was looking in the Store last Week and i think i will get the rest of the whole Trebuchet Family, its a nice Mech for me at least. What are your Problems with it, beside it is a little to tall, if one can ask?

#7 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:06 AM

I'm still fond of my 7M, it's by no means a super effective 'mech, nor will it stay alive the moment someone's crosshairs fall over it, but as a medium LRM support 'mech it's fairly decent due to the quirks. Biggest problem is that it eats through its ammo fast.

#8 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:15 AM

Trebs had their day, Guess you were not here. The synch droppers had their day with treb lances kicking butt. I still have my dropdeck one and it still plays though not well. The issue is there is so many mechs now one or a dozen will not be viable no matter what PGI does.

My only issue is more flavor of the month. You pay to buy whats hot. You get many kills. It becomes available for c-bills then gets nerfed out of existence and you buy the next one. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Money paid means better mechs always here. been that way since the beginning. Its the P2P way. Just don't take the poster who always drives the latest and greatest as some skilled player. The skilled drive anything including those wasted mechs and do well. I am not a great player but knowing I still do well with supposed dead mechs tells me I am ok.

#9 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:18 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 30 May 2015 - 03:58 AM, said:

Its a medium fire support Mech being used on teh front line. What do you expect to happen?

I expect them to adjust its size according to its ability in order to not make it a pointless collector's item for hardcore TT fans :)

Posted Image

At least, that's what I once expected. Right now, I expect PGI to throw the Treb quirks a few extra percentages and leave it mothballed.

#10 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:24 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 30 May 2015 - 04:18 AM, said:

I expect them to adjust its size according to its ability in order to not make it a pointless collector's item for hardcore TT fans :)

Posted Image

At least, that's what I once expected. Right now, I expect PGI to throw the Treb quirks a few extra percentages and leave it mothballed.

Add the Quickdraw to the scale.
Also Trebuchet is a 50 tonner. Like the hunchback.

#11 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:24 AM

View PostFrederick Steiner A F, on 30 May 2015 - 04:06 AM, said:

Excuse that i cant withstand this...but are we talking the same Mech? That one that can go 115kph with Full Armor/Jets plus 5-x Lazors and Srm? That can stick a Ac20 together with 2 mL better then a exposed Hunch Mech can? That can fire with 2 Lrm15 faster then this disturbing monkey Cockpit Tool can clap the jingles? Dont to speak of a 90kph PPC/Gauss Skirmisher with a sturdy nice CT and welcomed big tanky Arms to wave to them as you turn by to take the next Particle Effect Scratch on their Nice Camo. Hmm either ways your are a nice sarcastic Person and im too blinded to see it ;) :blink: Or may I see what you try to do here is a lil about Reverse-Psychology... but then.. shame on you for lure me in :ph34r:
Anyways, i was looking in the Store last Week and i think i will get the rest of the whole Trebuchet Family, its a nice Mech for me at least. What are your Problems with it, beside it is a little to tall, if one can ask?

None of that matters when you're just standing still so it needs to be fixed. :ph34r:

#12 Frederick Steiner A F

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Locationthe Blue Pearl in the black Space of the Milky Way of Sun's fading away

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:25 AM

Have to say that i drive my Trebs for about 2 years now. And in all that time they do fine from my feelings. It was my first medium if i remember it right, and after driving the 5n, 7k and 7m so much i have laying arround 200K xp on the 7k, i think its Time to widen the Family. Esp. since i like Mechs that where telled are not so fine.
And what you have said Mudhutwarrior, i was getting it after the Clan Invasion Wave 1. You get the Mechs cause you payed for, 1-2 Months later there were there for Cbills, and get nerfed shortly after. Nowadays this Pattern isnt so easy visible like it was there, but still is valid. No crying, but one should know.

#13 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:29 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 30 May 2015 - 04:24 AM, said:

Also Trebuchet is a 50 tonner. Like the hunchback.

Posted Image

#14 Foxwalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 962 posts
  • LocationLost on Thunder Rift

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:41 AM

The Treb is my favorite MECH. I like them so much I bought the Loup.
Typical game is 400-700 damage with 1-2 kills.

Here:

http://i.imgur.com/Y1TiNlq.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/7ew8YIH.jpg?1

Yes, they seem too tall. It is a curse and a blessing. I have found being a big target can be bad, and I have found being able to see above your team mates is good.

They do fine by me. Don't get me wrong. I would love to see some of the quirks changed a little, but I do fine.

Edited by Foxwalker, 30 May 2015 - 04:46 AM.

#15 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:46 AM

View PostFoxwalker, on 30 May 2015 - 04:41 AM, said:

The Treb is my favorite MECH. I like them so much I bought the Loup.
Typical game is 400-700 damage with 1-2 kills. Here:

http://i.imgur.com/Y1TiNlq.jpg

Yes, they seem too tall. It is a curse and a blessing. I have found being a big target can be bad, and I have found being able to see above your team mates is good.

They do fine by me. Don't get me wrong. I would love to see some of the quirks changed a little, but I do fine.

Being able to see above your teammates is pointless if you can't shoot above them too.

Also, a good match doesn't prove that the mech is fine.
http://i.imgur.com/zwyasQb.jpg
Here's Quickdraw match from yesterday.

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 30 May 2015 - 04:47 AM.

#16 Foxwalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 962 posts
  • LocationLost on Thunder Rift

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:56 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 30 May 2015 - 04:46 AM, said:

Being able to see above your teammates is pointless if you can't shoot above them too.

Also, a good match doesn't prove that the mech is fine.
http://i.imgur.com/zwyasQb.jpg
Here's Quickdraw match from yesterday.

I disagree, shooting is not everything, being able to know where to go and the contribution to battlefield awareness the height gives does help.

You are right, one good game does not prove much. But my average Win/loss and KDR in the mech is better than many other mechs I have.

By the way, great game in that Quickdraw!

Edited by Foxwalker, 30 May 2015 - 04:58 AM.

#17 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 05:05 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 30 May 2015 - 04:18 AM, said:

Posted Image

Ok I'm on board with this. Though I Never saw the Stalker as being tall. Due to its construction I would have thought it would be about chest high to other 85 tonners.

And the art for Treb is to tall/big.

#18 LordBraxton

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 05:05 AM

PGI doesnt fix mistakes, they make more mistakes so you ignore the old ones.

EDIT: Height is never an advantage by itself. Being tall greatly reduces the amount of viable cover on any given map. High mounted hard points are an advantage.

A treb with height and low slung hardpoints gets the worst of both worlds.

Edited by LordBraxton, 30 May 2015 - 05:09 AM.

#19 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 05:07 AM

View PostRat of the Legion Vega, on 30 May 2015 - 03:28 AM, said:

Hands down, probably one THE worst mechs in the game. It makes the Nova look powerful.

The Trebuchet has never been a good mech in this game, ever. It's a downright awful mech in the current environment.

The Thunderbolt once was in a similar position until it got quirked to high heaven. The Trebuchet's quirks in comparison are pathetic at best.

The model is oversized. So when are we going to get proper quirks to compensate? Quirks that exceed the Hunchback Js?

The 7M is the best LRM mech in the game. The other variants do not have outrageous quirks, but trebuchet has fairly good hard points and shield arms, so they are not exactly horrible either.

#20 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 05:08 AM

View PostLordBraxton, on 30 May 2015 - 05:05 AM, said:

PGI doesnt fix mistakes, they make more mistakes so you ignore the old ones.

I want to disagree with this I really really do...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users