R.i.p. Timber Wolf, Over Nerfed.

163 replies to this topic

#1 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:01 AM

Wow. Just wow. What happened to " small incremental changes "???

LOL. Unless they dial those nerfs back a bit in a few patches, im probably going to put in a support ticket to ask for my a la carte $55 Timberwolf purchase refund.

The Timberwolf, while an excellent mech, was balanced imo. So many people kept on complaining about it being op and the Stormcrow being op but honestly, after all the quirks the IS mechs got, they were just fine and in the right place.

I would have justified these nerfs IF the IS mechs didnt get quirks... but since they did and alot of them are extremely op... these nerfs leave a sour taste in my mouth. And this is coming from someone who plays IS mostly.

I will give PGI time to dial it back since wave 3 is almost here and I dont really care that much. Just sharing my thoughts on this drastic nerf hammer that never should have been.

#2 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:05 AM

They won't give the $55 back so its pretty pointless.

#3 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:07 AM

But ALL THINGS MUST BE EQUALLY LAME.

#4 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:07 AM

Lol

It's dead! You killed it!

So dramatic.

Edited by MeiSooHaityu, 18 May 2015 - 04:09 AM.

#5 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:08 AM

View Postjoelmuzz, on 18 May 2015 - 04:05 AM, said:

They won't give the $55 back so its pretty pointless.

Dont care if I get it back or not. At least im sending them the message that they screwed up.

#6 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:10 AM

View PostAlwrath, on 18 May 2015 - 04:08 AM, said:

Dont care if I get it back or not. At least im sending them the message that they screwed up.

Except players come and go all the time. My Kids try to use this method of dialog. All they got was nothing. So if you are going to quit. Just do it and stop talking about it.

#7 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:14 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 18 May 2015 - 04:07 AM, said:

Lol

It's dead! You killed it!

So dramatic.

They tore its soul from its still beating heart with their bare teath and now it is but a mere collection of pixels stored as bits on a $100 hard drive somewhere in Canada ohhh the humanity! Why must mankind destroy all life on this planet? RIP innocent TW the sun shall never shine so brightly again.

#8 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:16 AM

#SmallIncrementalChanges lol :lol:

#9 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:18 AM

View Postjoelmuzz, on 18 May 2015 - 04:14 AM, said:

They tore its soul from its still beating heart with their bare teath and now it is but a mere collection of pixels stored as bits on a $100 hard drive somewhere in Canada ohhh the humanity! Why must mankind destroy all life on this planet? RIP innocent TW the sun shall never shine so brightly again.

:D

#10 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:41 AM

What the OP refuses to talk about is the fact that RVN-2X, Firestarters and STK-4N also got nerfed, on the IS side. Biased thread is biased.

Also, with the nerfing of the Timbies and Crows, thus lowering of the balance bar, PGI can finally turn down IS quirks in general, which have been running rampant. The nerfing of Timbie and Crow is good for the game.

Edited by El Bandito, 18 May 2015 - 04:44 AM.

#11 MechWarrior849305

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:46 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 18 May 2015 - 04:41 AM, said:

What the OP refuses to talk about is the fact that RVN-2X, Firestarters and STK-4N also got nerfed, on the IS side. Biased thread is biased.

What YOU are refusing to talk about is the fact that TDR-5SS, WVR-6K, WVR-6R, DRG-1N,.. (list goes on) was not even looked at. Biased tread...yeah, you know the drill.
As for STK and RVN - there go 3H and 4X respectively, nothing really changed for IS -_-

Edited by DuoAngel, 18 May 2015 - 04:47 AM.

#12 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:46 AM

Also, with the nerfing of the Timbies and Crows, thus lowering of the balance bar, PGI can finally turn down IS quirks in general, which have been running rampant. The nerfing of Timbie and Crow is good for the game.

Lets be real, stalker barely was touched.

#13 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:50 AM

View PostDuoAngel, on 18 May 2015 - 04:46 AM, said:

What YOU are refusing to talk about is the fact that TDR-5SS, WVR-6K, WVR-6R, DRG-1N,.. (list goes on) was not even looked at. Biased tread...yeah, you know the drill.
As for STK and RVN - there goes 3H and 4X, nothing really changed for IS -_-

What I laugh about is I don't use any of these mechs And Have never been interested in them. Don't like Dragons, Wolverines are my least fave of the 55 trinity Ravens are for House Liao, and I'm not a Clanner...

Nothing changes except its not easier to kill clanners. Less excitement for me. :(

#14 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:50 AM

THose only got positive numbers reduced slightly, TBR and SCR went hardcore into the negative numbers, their nerf is alot worse. IS quirks are still above their base values.

#15 MechWarrior849305

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:58 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 18 May 2015 - 04:50 AM, said:

What I laugh about is I don't use any of these mechs And Have never been interested in them. Don't like Dragons, Wolverines are my least fave of the 55 trinity Ravens are for House Liao, and I'm not a Clanner...

Nothing changes except its not easier to kill clanners. Less excitement for me. :(

Good for you, Sir. Neither it changes their state of OPed Metamechs right now, which were barely pared with timbers and stormcrows. How about 20dps for DRG-1N? I hope you don't think it is a bit OP -_-

Edited by DuoAngel, 18 May 2015 - 04:58 AM.

#16 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:58 AM

The 4n will still function just fine.

#17 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:59 AM

View PostDuoAngel, on 18 May 2015 - 04:58 AM, said:

Good for you, Sir. Neither it changes their state of OPed Metamechs right now, which were barely pared with timbers and stormcrows. How about 20dps for DRG-1N? I hope you don't think it is a bit OP -_-

I don't. Should I? :huh:

If you think so, tell me why?

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 18 May 2015 - 04:59 AM.

#18 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 18 May 2015 - 05:01 AM

El Bandito, it isn't worth it.

They are so enraged that no matter what you or anyone says, the nerf is a travesty. We have the OP claiming the Timby is dead for pete sake. The over the top ridiculousness isn't going to stop no matter what anyone says otherwise.

If you aren't holding a pitchfork with them, they go crazy.

Who knows, maybe there is some truth to it. Maybe 3% here and 6% there will really add up. We won't really know till we play the game for a bit post patch. If it's too severe, it will be altered.

I just think the The Timbies are Dead!! And Ermergerrd...Nerfs!!! posts are serious overreacting at this point...and pretty funny.

#19 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 18 May 2015 - 05:03 AM

View PostDuoAngel, on 18 May 2015 - 04:46 AM, said:

As for STK and RVN - there go 3H and 4X respectively, nothing really changed for IS -_-

1. I was pointing out the OP's omission. If you think I was wrong to do that, then you are not worth talking to

2. I am completely fine if those IS mechs you mentioned gets nerfed. Since the top Clan mechs were nerfed, the quirks can now finally die down. Plus, I won't cry over those IS mechs like a sad Clanner.

View PostYokaiko, on 18 May 2015 - 04:46 AM, said:

Lets be real, stalker barely was touched.

But it's effectiveness solely lies on quirks, meaning it has a big chance of getting touched sooner and more frequently. I don't chase FoTM mechs so 4N's nerf is of no consequence to me.

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 18 May 2015 - 04:50 AM, said:

THose only got positive numbers reduced slightly, TBR and SCR went hardcore into the negative numbers, their nerf is alot worse. IS quirks are still above their base values.

As I said, with the lowering of the balance bar, thanks to negative Timbie and Crow quirks, more IS quirk nerfs will inevitably follow. Patience, mechwarrior.

Edited by El Bandito, 18 May 2015 - 05:06 AM.

#20 MechWarrior849305

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 05:06 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 18 May 2015 - 04:59 AM, said:

I don't. Should I? :huh:

If you think so, tell me why?

I got coughed laughing. :lol:
Okaaayy...
So, the only, nope, THE ONLY mech with the same dps out there is DWF with 6xCUAC5s. IRC their dps was 18.3 for DRG vs 18.5 for DWF. Any other mech has 9,5 dps max.
SO, what will you do against four DWFs in CW mode, when you barely can bring one?
But, OK. You cannot see it's OPness, your bad.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users