Defender of Star League

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 28 May 2015 - 11:53 AM

That cockpit. what does that belong to at 1:30? i keep comming back to the Shadowcat cause the rest of the clan mechs cockpits are more rounded and bubble like but im not to sure.

Also Tina seems to be super shy and Alex doesnt look like he want to be there making it kinda cringy. Thats my review.

Edited by LastKhan, 28 May 2015 - 11:53 AM.

#42 KolDrakk

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 11:55 AM

View PostDAYLEET, on 28 May 2015 - 11:06 AM, said:

AGAIN WITH THE BATTLEMASTER TSHIRT!! i hate you guys so much! can i buy a tshirt now or do i have to go down there and steal one?

This. Very much this. Sign me up for the road trip if they wont sell.

#43 Bashfulsalamander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Locationnot looking at forums

Posted 28 May 2015 - 11:57 AM

the T-shirt has -50% heatgen quirk

#44 TanE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 757 posts
  • LocationIn investigation of the Ghostbear Dominion

Posted 28 May 2015 - 11:58 AM

View PostBashfulsalamander, on 28 May 2015 - 11:49 AM, said:

SO how does this
Posted Image
turn into this?
Posted Image

btw i know they are not same varients above, but imagine the bottom as a 0X

Maybe, because of this?

Posted Image

BTT:

Welcome back, DevLog! A little more preparation and a bit more confidence would be nice. ;) Go on! For your first Video of that new type, you get a +1!

#45 Maxx Blue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 370 posts

Poor Alex. He must feel bad that there aren't any frorum trolls gushing about their undying lust for him. I'd say that some of his concept art is so nice it makes me feel funny in the pants, but I'm not sure that would really make him feel any better.

Anyway, stupid creeper comments aside, I thought the sound mix was a little off. It was like listening to mama bear, pappa bear and baby bear. Alex's voice was booming and almost blown out at times, tina's was like trying to listen to a conversation down the hall and Lisa's was just about right. I had my hand on the volume knob of my speakers to adjust the whole time depending on who was talking.

The format was decent though. Having multiple people with somewhat related jobs on at the same time worked out ok, but I think you could get away with doing two one-on-one interviews as well. I was going to suggest specifically bringing in some forum questions that related to the person's work, but the whole 'new pilot' thing was pretty much what I would have expected to see, so functionally it was there even if it wasn't attributed specificallty as a question from the forum. So, decent choice of content there.

Other than that, I enjoyed watching the video, so good job so far.

#46 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

This interview was not at all awkward.

#47 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 28 May 2015 - 11:59 AM

I keep coming back to the ebj. Scat has too flat a front pane for that, and no side windows. The crows cockpit is more blocky than I would expect, so maybe the same with the jag.

#48 dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 271 posts
  • LocationLaborer caste mess hall

Posted 28 May 2015 - 11:59 AM

Nice job. Thanks, I figured the VLOG's where history. I can't wait for clan pilots to get shorts, and combat boots...hint...hint. ;)

#49 Bashfulsalamander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:00 PM

View PostTanE, on 28 May 2015 - 11:58 AM, said:

Maybe, because of this?

Posted Image

BTT:

Welcome back, DevLog! A little more preparation and a bit more confidence would be nice. ;) Go on! For your first Video of that new type, you get a +1!

wrong varient the top one I posted is a CTF-0X, but the bottom wasnt. BUT they turned the CTF-0x into one that looks like all the other varient... like the one you posted.

#50 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:03 PM

View PostLastKhan, on 28 May 2015 - 11:53 AM, said:

That cockpit. what does that belong to at 1:30? i keep comming back to the Shadowcat cause the rest of the clan mechs cockpits are more rounded and bubble like but im not to sure.

Also Tina seems to be super shy and Alex doesnt look like he want to be there making it kinda cringy. Thats my review.

I think that's the MDD.

View PostBashfulsalamander, on 28 May 2015 - 12:00 PM, said:

wrong varient the top one I posted is a CTF-0X, but the bottom wasnt. BUT they turned the CTF-0x into one that looks like all the other varient... like the one you posted.

It's cheaper, and faster to just use the regular CTF assets, than design a new one from the ground up. At least that's my guess.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 28 May 2015 - 12:03 PM.

#51 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:05 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 28 May 2015 - 12:03 PM, said:

I think that's the MDD.

Nah, i dont see its weird gyro thingy on the side or a place one would be and the counsel is well rounded. It could be the Jags?

#52 Bashfulsalamander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:08 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 28 May 2015 - 12:03 PM, said:

It's cheaper, and faster to just use the regular CTF assets, than design a new one from the ground up. At least that's my guess.

how hard would it be to move the weapon mount onto the upper shoulder? I find the 0X as a scapegoat to shut the IS up about ECM heavies... and it shouldn't work it doesn't look or function like what the CTF-ox is and should be.

#53 MrEdweird

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 273 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:10 PM

The Mechwarrior Fighter rig in the background is AWESOME. I love the swinging Crab :D

Also those mechs under the screen, next to Alex's right arm...

I could have sworn the third one from the left looked like an Annihilator. Oh well.

Bushwacker next year pl0x.

I am very happy to have ordered a Crab pack, finally a good looking non-humanoid chicken walker other than the Cicada.

Edited by Edweird, 28 May 2015 - 12:21 PM.

#54 Gagis

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:11 PM

View PostBashfulsalamander, on 28 May 2015 - 12:08 PM, said:

how hard would it be to move the weapon mount onto the upper shoulder? I find the 0X as a scapegoat to shut the IS up about ECM heavies... and it shouldn't work it doesn't look or function like what the CTF-ox is and should be.

Please stop beating this dead horse in every goddamn topic. MWO devs are just as authoritative as the artist whose work you cherry-picked, and yours wasn't made for MWO. Plenty of CTF art where the ballistic is on the waist as well.

You won't get anywhere with this.

Edited by Gagis, 28 May 2015 - 12:11 PM.

#55 MonkeyCheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:11 PM

Is it bad that I just ignored the people and all the information and just focused on the wee wittle raven on that table?

Pitty pgi dosnt have the physical merchandising rights because I would be throwing money at these kinds of models from the ingame assets.

#56 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:15 PM

View PostMonkeyCheese, on 28 May 2015 - 12:11 PM, said:

Is it bad that I just ignored the people and all the information and just focused on the wee wittle raven on that table?

Pitty pgi dosnt have the physical merchandising rights because I would be throwing money at these kinds of models from the ingame assets.

I think that those were the same mech models that were in some of the lunch party pictures on Russ' Twitter account.

#57 Gagis

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

View PostMonkeyCheese, on 28 May 2015 - 12:11 PM, said:

We should probably encourage them to negotiate with Topps/Catalyst Games/IWM for cross-licencing artwork.

I am currently working on 3D-printing some of the models, and they will sure look great. The in-game models are really far away from being printable as they are, but with a few days of work in Blender, it can be done. A print can be used for making a mold... and a mold can be used for mass producing merchandise. I hope they will get the licencing done some day, as MWO's models for the older mechs are absolutely amazing.

I especially like Alex's KGC, so I will be printing a pile of those first.

#58 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

View PostEdweird, on 28 May 2015 - 12:10 PM, said:

The Mechwarrior Fighter rig in the background is AWESOME. I love the swinging Crab :D

The third one from the left...

Is that ... an Annihilator?

That's the Black Knight.
Amusingly, Tina also didn't recognize it

#59 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:21 PM

Those cockpits got a lotta polys to them.

#60 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:21 PM

View PostEdweird, on 28 May 2015 - 12:10 PM, said:

The third one from the left...

Is that ... an Annihilator?

Posted Image

Looks like... the black knight promo art.

Posted Image

Edited by I Zeratul I, 28 May 2015 - 12:24 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users