#221 Tom Sawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 01 June 2015 - 10:25 AM

View Postrolly, on 31 May 2015 - 11:18 AM, said:

Seriously? Way to degrade and objectify her. Nevermind the bang up job she's doing.

Rolly if you took as this as sexist or such then you read it wrong. Seriously go back and research pin up nose art. It was often a high compliment to a wife or girlfriend or star the pilots had back home. Memphis Bell ring a bell? Pun intended. To this day nose art is still painted on fighter planes.

Tina if you read this and took my remark my apologies. I meant it as a compliment :)

#222 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,573 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:20 AM

There are any number of reasons why someone who is subject to harassment may not be comfortable with asking for the behavior to stop. They may be embarrassed, or feel that their request might be construed as defensive or overly sensitive, among other things.

The subject of harassment isn't required to ask for the behavior to stop - and while harassment may sometimes be subjective, there is a general rule of thumb: If a reasonable person might view the statement as inappropriate, don't make it. When you have multiple people expressing concern about a behavior, that's a pretty good indication that you're not on safe ground.

PS: this isn't directed at anyone in particular - there were several comments just in the first two pages that made me want to reach through the internet and explain manhood with a wrench.

#223 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 01 June 2015 - 12:02 PM

View PostTom Sawyer, on 01 June 2015 - 10:25 AM, said:

Rolly if you took as this as sexist or such then you read it wrong. Seriously go back and research pin up nose art. It was often a high compliment to a wife or girlfriend or star the pilots had back home. Memphis Bell ring a bell? Pun intended. To this day nose art is still painted on fighter planes.

Tina if you read this and took my remark my apologies. I meant it as a compliment :)

Intent, particularly in the case of being intended as a compliment doesn't change whether something is sexist or (honestly in this case) simply inappropriate or not. It has absolutely zero bearing, in fact.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions, as they say.

That's one of the most difficult problems being dealt with today - there's a great deal of sexism and objectification that happens with genuinely good intentions and ignorance of the harm caused... and those people are unwilling to stop and really consider how their words harm others. Inappropriate compliments are not a good thing.

Even if you think it's complimentary, and a nice thing: It's not, it's inappropriate, so stop. Watch the video linked to understand why.

#224 Smokeviper

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 37 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 01 June 2015 - 12:06 PM

Good job with the Dev-vlog. Obviously there was some discomfort on the part of the people involved, but its never easy being on video that will be picked apart by armchair quarterbacking from people that hide behind the anonymity of a keyboard. These folks are real people, not actors, so I wouldn't expect to to play like Masterpiece Theater. I got information out of it that I didn't know before and saw some of the source of inspiration from people building the game.

As for Tina's performance; Good job, keep a stiff upper lip and remember that most of the posters are not representative of the majority of the people that watched the video, most people want others that have the courage to do any sort of public speaking to do well. generally speaking only the most opinionated will take time to post what they believe in a forum because they believe, in their own self importance that their opinion matters. Looking forward to the next one.

#225 Zelumbras

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 04:20 PM

I like the new format and it is interesting to hear where the individual devs get their inspiration from. It would be really great to have the person(s) designing the weapons visual and sound effects on next to talk a bit about how they come up with the effects and how these are recorded/generated! Besides the obvious things like damage numbers or screen shake, this is also a very important part to how "satisfying" it feels to use a specific weapon on your 'mech.
I really love the dry WUBWUBWUBWUBWUB of the IS Large Pulse Laser and the BLAM of the LBX's for example.

Regarding the duration of the Vlog: i think 10-15 min are good but maybe rehearse once or twice (if you can spare the time) to avoid some of those pauses in the interview.

#226 dr lao

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWashington state

Posted 01 June 2015 - 05:46 PM

wish we could have a scroll bar in settings to have more or less cockpit view i cant see my cockpit stuff .

#227 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 12:15 AM

Great video.. But i have to say the girl giving the interview was funny. I almost died laughing when she was talking about the dev drop and playing the mad cat..

"i just put a bunch of lasers on it!"

See even dev's favorite mechs get nerfed! (ok so community manager, but still, not even PGI employee's are safe from the nerf hammer!)

*Edit, WOOT Bushwacker confirmation!

Edited by JC Daxion, 02 June 2015 - 12:23 AM.

#228 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 02 June 2015 - 02:26 PM

Hey Alex, I'm also a fan of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.!
Ever heard of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. collector coin?
That was a project of mine...

#229 Taynak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 180 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 05:26 PM

oh joy... more mechs...

#230 WhisksSpatulasAndOrMathequations

• PipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:07 PM

I puked out a Bushwacker in about 3 hours on TinkerCAD with TinkerPlay joints?
And here it is....
http://www.thingiver...om/thing:855767

#231 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:55 PM

View Post717, on 02 June 2015 - 06:07 PM, said:

I puked out a Bushwacker in about 3 hours on TinkerCAD with TinkerPlay joints?
And here it is....
http://www.thingiver...om/thing:855767

Better than I could do, but not quite this:

Posted Image

Looks almost like some of Alex's art, but he may have been in diapers back when this was drawn. ;-)

#232 WhisksSpatulasAndOrMathequations

• PipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:38 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 02 June 2015 - 10:55 PM, said:

Better than I could do, but not quite this:

Posted Image

Looks almost like some of Alex's art, but he may have been in diapers back when this was drawn. ;-)

i do not waste time on weapons
still need a stock set of weapon artwork
the joints on mine are TinkerPlay so they do not look correct
adding the weapons pods and it would be a lot closer
if you spin it with the thingiview the detail on the back is really close to all the artwork i could find
i did grab that detail on the lower leg and that took some time
the upper leg i overlaid a tube on a standard tinkerplay part and then relief cut that detail in
feet have to admit i waste no time there just as complex as the whole mech so i dumb those up
wish i had this artwork to work from i worked from this model
http://www.camospecs...ure.asp?Id=6921
just found your artwork .....
http://www.sarna.net...cker_battle.jpg
i see some differences right away
the legs attach to a rotation piece wow i missed that on my model will have to edit that
the nose has an extra flared piece as well
hhmm
well 3rd maybe 4th go at it and only the 2nd full mech
tinkercad is a really bad tool for this but i have a 3d printer so it is a fast crude tool for designing
layup in tinker than use ??? to refine it?
thanks for the feedback

Edited by 717, 04 June 2015 - 08:45 PM.

#233 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 05 June 2015 - 10:54 AM

View PostAdultPuppetShow, on 28 May 2015 - 10:46 PM, said:

http://mwomercs.com/...91-dev-vlog-10/

This is completely different from previous Dev Vlogs, and ultimately a lot less informative.

I've got no problem with them making trivial things like this. If other people like them, whatever. But don't give it the exact same moniker as previous installments that were laden with information about future content and expect people not to feel a bit underwhelmed when it's completely different. Hell, we didn't even get any in progress shots of the Wave III models they're supposedly working on. A waste of 15 minutes.

EDIT: Okay, there was a shot of the inside of the Cauldron Born's cockpit if I remember correctly.

But remember what they did for the King Crab? That was hype. They could have easily done that again.

If it was the naming that annoyed you, I got nothing to offer.
The video content have been move to another vblog series, however I feel dev vblog still fits the video because it is a video blog about the developer.

It is okay if you are not interest in the human behind the game/company.
I some time don't get the hype from watching E3 videos too.

View PostDonnerkeil666, on 28 May 2015 - 11:20 PM, said:

Wonder if the Battletech beat'em up arcade machine is really working.. Street Fighter V: Mechwarrior would be sweeeet. :lol:

Capcom's clique robot trope fighting game, I find it more entertaining than Cyberbots.

Edited by xengk, 05 June 2015 - 11:08 AM.

#234 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 02:11 PM

Dear Alex - Hammerhands with a third 'energy' variant in tribute to the Warhammer's loadout.
You know you want to. D=

View Postxengk, on 05 June 2015 - 10:54 AM, said:

Capcom's clique robot trope fighting game, I find it more entertaining than Cyberbots.

It was more fun than Street Fighter at least... Sadly its gone the way of every other series that isn't a Capcom cash cow.

Edited by MauttyKoray, 06 June 2015 - 02:15 PM.

#235 VenomStriker

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:09 AM

This was terrible. Hate the format. Without being disrespectful, the person "hosting" shouldn't be doing this.

#236 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:15 PM

Oh hey, it finally got moved here. :)

View PostVenomStriker, on 10 June 2015 - 06:09 AM, said:

This was terrible. Hate the format. Without being disrespectful, the person "hosting" shouldn't be doing this.

And can't please everybody :lol:

#237 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:28 PM

Turns out I was right. the cockpit with the gyro thing is the MAD DOG.

#238 Anais Opal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 590 posts
  • LocationOutreach - Shopping of course!

Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:44 AM

Loved what Tina was wearing on her legs that I had to go and buy some for myself.

Such a girl....

Aaaaanyhoo,
Great vLog , I've been away from MWO for a long time so nice to have something to catch up with :)

#239 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 July 2015 - 12:56 PM

View PostGlycerineOxide, on 03 July 2015 - 06:44 AM, said:

Loved what Tina was wearing on her legs that I had to go and buy some for myself.

Such a girl....

Aaaaanyhoo,
Great vLog , I've been away from MWO for a long time so nice to have something to catch up with :)

There's also Vlog no. 12 now.

#240 Druarc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 180 posts
  • LocationWellington, NZ

Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:31 PM

Sweet can't wait to walk though a whole forest :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users