We Love Your Ideas And Feedback!

146 replies to this topic

#121 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 08:35 AM

People are really missing the point of what an EVENT is. This is not for suggesting game mode, mechanics, or feature changes.

While Stock mode may be fun, Clan mechs will walk ALL OVER the IS mechs. Not to mention, do you REALLY want to create another queue for a game that is already short on players?

#122 AureliusDean

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • 148 posts
  • LocationWiarton, Canada

Posted 11 April 2019 - 03:51 AM

My event suggestion is just more colours and maybe random decals in the rewards. I love seeing what our crazy community comes up with when they are doing their own camo. If I see one more green Annihilator I may die laughing.....

"Man, you are really blending in! Well played, sir!" :-)

#123 Widowmaker1972

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 24 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 11 April 2019 - 09:03 AM

A Mech Bundle sale and event using mechs from the in game bundles.

It's not really an event but how about allowing MC purchase of already released mech bundles? Or the once a mech pack goes on sae in game for MC allowing for a limited time to purchase the standard pack for MC.

How about adding some mechs to the in game mech bundles? This could lead to an event revolving around the mechs added.

#124 Tame The Strange

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 09:11 AM

I would love to see an event with paint colors as a reward, as someone else mentioned above. I'm not saying make it easy to get those rewards, but make it possible. Maybe even just give away a color or two for completing all the challenges in a normal event if you don't want to have a color-dedicated event?

I know personally I'd like to see more unique camos, colors, or even comedic details while playing. I realize colors bring in profits, but they're pretty pricey for a cosmetic just-for-fun detail that also enhances the game aesthetics for other players.

Just my two cents Posted Image

#125 A_Lost_Sheep

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:47 PM

Some event to encourage use of Light and Medium 'Mechs would be nice. As it stands, my ENF is being kicked around like a soccer ball amid fields of Heavies and Assaults.

Ditto for Faction Play - it's nigh impossible to get a match going - some BattleTech story based event to promote a particular battle would be nice for participation.

#126 Lithology

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 141 posts
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 31 January 2020 - 04:42 PM

Although I only own two of them, I would love to see an Event revolving around the concept titled "Urbanmech Madness Weekend".

Urbanmech pilots would potentially flock to the scene and practice their own brand of mayhem, and it could be an interesting catalyst to introduce the Urbanmech to a lot of new folks who were curious about MW5 first, but don't have much experience playing MWO. And of course, a few of the objectives/conditions could be written for rewarding how many Urbies are killed, KMDD'd, components lost, etc.

Why this can't/won't happen: it isolates those that only play Clan tech, and, of course, it actually isolates new folks, as the Urbie isn't on the list of trial mechs. (Has it ever been? I doubt it.)

If only the Urbanmech IIC were already developed and released... then, Clan folks could have that same kind of insane fun.

Okay, I got that off of my chest.

#127 Lamblaska

• Pip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 19 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 16 January 2022 - 07:26 AM

Not sure if someone still reads this topic. But I hope it does.

MWO was one of the most fantastic team building experiences and getting to know people from all over the world. I remember the faction hubs (such was the Steiner House hub teamspeak) where we were able to gather up and form units. I had come to know people in this past almost 10 years that were not only teammates. But become friends. we came to see them not only for their playing skills and cheerfulness. But also from their life struggles, dramas and successes.

We saw the first mechs coming along. We shook as the clanners arrived and melted down everything on their path (sometime including themselves ocasionally). We saw Community Warfare born, expands. The map being conquered over and over. We fought on Tukayd. We were there when this happened times over and over. CW became Faction Play. Dozens of mechs become hundreds, than Thousands. We watch Solaris being born. We followed as spotlights were changed, Black Knights with laser vomits, Gauss and ppcs, SRM boats. SSRMS boats, dakkas.

My idea of event is not one of rewards. It's also not a bold ideia of a rule change. It's about being able to remember and relive some of those glorious moments. It's picking a weekend every month and access certain memorable state of the game as it was. Like a vanilla experience.

I'm actually not sure if it is viable. But sure it would be fun.

#128 m a x

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 February 2022 - 06:32 AM

Hi maybe you can do a event for the free mech useing faction play to try and spark up faction play.

#129 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 27 February 2022 - 12:08 PM

View Postm a x, on 07 February 2022 - 06:32 AM, said:

Hi maybe you can do a event for the free mech useing faction play to try and spark up faction play.

Yes. Some FP-based events would be good and really appreciated!

#130 John Fisherman

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 March 2022 - 04:44 AM

Seriously, politics here? "Thanks" for event.

Good move. What's next? Will there be a Russian flag? Now people are dying. Many are on edge. They come here to relax. I explain to my comrades that it is not necessary to glue white Zs on mech's. There is no need to stir up conflict in the minds even more. And you are hosting a great event! What's next? Russian hunting?

#131 Lieutenant Dude

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 April 2022 - 10:41 PM

The April Fool's Weekend Event has a problem. We're supposed to complete an objective by winning Conquest with Capture Points and not kills. I've done that three times, and never got the event reward. Other people are saying winning Assault by capturing the base gives them the event reward. Can you fix whatever is wrong with this? It's frustrating enough already with griefing ******** killing the last enemy at the last second on purpose to deny us the event reward.

#132 JPeiper

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 June 2022 - 10:46 AM

More heavy/assault only events please, great fun playing the last ones but the event did'nt go on long enough.
We could do all the tactical stuff /flanking and do the things that mechwarrior is about that you can't in higher tier quickplay due to the op lights. I don't know if it's possible but a constant rolling 20 min light/med and separate heavy/asault event would be good- so the heavy mob can have a good thinking game and the lights can play x wing at light speed.
Events could save this game but only if they are available and players know when they are running (pref all the time ) -you don't run a store by opening at odd hours and only when you feel like it , people will go and spend time and cash elsewhere, come on Pir, stop the cauldren tinkering ,sort the inbalance above and players may come back. (And no, I'm not spending a penny until I can have a fun game without being circle strafed to bits in 20 seconds)

#133 Cmdr Chad J Battletech

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 September 2022 - 09:22 PM

Whomever is managing the event que is doing a trash job. Why do groups?? And wtf is up with the uribie derby ****?? Where is the fun stuff Matt used to do?

#134 Urrza

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 25 posts
  • LocationRU, Chelyabinsk

Posted 16 October 2022 - 03:25 PM

Trick or Treat 2022 event have prize description error.
50 and 100 loot bags gives to us "color phranken black" and "color phranken red", but in description and choosing box written "pattern".

#135 Storky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 905 posts

Posted 30 May 2023 - 07:52 AM

Suggestion: long range solaris event.

On some open map with few obstacles like old Polar Highlands must be placed impassable wall or fault 500 meters wide.

And mechs with long range weapons like ac2, ERLL, LRM, Gauss must fight over it.

ECM item must be forbidden in this match.

There also must be a completely open area with a destroyable objective. If one will tear the distance and camp, the second can start to hit the objective luring the camper to engage.

#136 Storky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 905 posts

Posted 30 May 2023 - 08:04 AM

Suggestion: smash the smaller
Achieve points for damage , KMDD, Solo kills and kills against the smaller weight class mechs:
Assults > Heavies
Heavies > Meds
Meds > Lights
Lights > Assaults
Suggestion: tear the bigger
Achieve points for damage , KMDD, Solo kills and kills against the heavier weight class mechs: (inverted from above)

#137 Storky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 905 posts

Posted 30 May 2023 - 08:23 AM

Suggestion: twist and shot

There are mechs designed for certain build.

Lets pick AC20/Snumbs + SRMS combination, where you shot then cover with your shoulder. There are particular models designed for such builds: AS7-D-DC, AS7-S, KDK-S and so on.
Generally it is a humanoid mechs with big tanking shoulders, proper hardpoints in torso. Hence Annihilator and Orion don't fit because of small shoulders, Stalker and KingCrab are not humanoid, Roughneck and Blood Asp has torsos exposed under shoulders. Likely main weapons should not be placed in arms (Victor, Zeus), its a bit another tactic.

The main work is to pick proper mech variants, then it shoul'd be easy to hook the event benefits and sales on these mechs.

The main fun is to enjoy the domination of such twisting brawling builds in the quick match.

#138 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 30 May 2023 - 06:38 PM

Infinite jump jet's + infinite masc event.

The crazy one day no heat event

the absolutely crazy MWo Birthday party event where all guns shoot streamers or whatever those bits of paper are called. also baloons! shoot the baloons!

Laser tag event: All weapons do 0 damage but you can be tagged out by being hit by enough weapons 'fire'

Laser tag even variant 2:Tag lasers replace all weapons with same mechanics of the first.

infinite ammo event

Underwater event;Maps are all flooded game play works as normal but heat works as if you were totally submerged in water.

Edited by KursedVixen, 30 May 2023 - 06:42 PM.

#139 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 03 June 2023 - 01:48 PM

water would be nice.

#140 myhorseisamaz1ng

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 September 2023 - 12:49 PM

would be also nice idea not to change redeem time for events - like for beach party it was 2 weeks after event end, but now i came to redeem and saw that redeem ended yesterday.
wtf?Posted Image

Edited by myhorseisamaz1ng, 02 September 2023 - 12:53 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users