#61 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:09 AM

View PostSarlic, on 31 May 2015 - 04:14 AM, said:

• A majority of the Community are powercreeps. Sad but true. --> This is destroying the game currently.
What do you mean by this?

#62 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:14 AM

Well I do also get tired of MM putting me on teams with low elo players honestly. I'd rather be dropping with people in my skill bracket 100% of the time.

I don't really care though, when I queue in solo I expect half the people to be in trials with their 3pv cameras on because MM is designed to pair you with low elo players to get you to lose instead of match you against higher tier players.

#63 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:21 AM

View Postsycocys, on 31 May 2015 - 05:14 AM, said:

Well I do also get tired of MM putting me on teams with low elo players honestly. I'd rather be dropping with people in my skill bracket 100% of the time.

I don't really care though, when I queue in solo I expect half the people to be in trials with their 3pv cameras on because MM is designed to pair you with low elo players to get you to lose instead of match you against higher tier players.

How do you know you are not playing in your skill bracket?

#64 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:31 AM

i always remeber one of the tweets from russ when some says something like "i always have to carry the baddies"

Russ Bullock
‏@russ_bullock

@pBiggZz @H4RDC0R3_G4M3R @cimarbs @PariahDevalis like 80% of time someone complains they are carrying I look up their ELO and they aren't.

#65 Piney II

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:31 AM

View PostMawai, on 31 May 2015 - 05:04 AM, said:

Complaining about the player base just isn't that effective a strategy ... you have to work with what you find in every match.

Agree!

#66 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:32 AM

Because I can tell the difference between the players I match up against personally - the ones that MM pairs me with to face - and the players that are well below that elo bracket.

As you go up in the elo ranks there are fewer players and you start to see the same names over and over again on the opposing side. Not saying I'm in the top bracket but I am in one of the well above average tiers. And its really not hard to see the skill levels of your team as the battle unfolds.

And I really don't care about carrying other players, I enjoy that bit of the challenge and is why I drop solo when I play standard queue. But I'd just as soon have the other 11 players be in my tier and facing equal or better opponent so we can have better matches more consistently. The way it currently works is just kind of backwards.

Edited by sycocys, 31 May 2015 - 05:35 AM.

#67 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:47 AM

View PostSjorpha, on 31 May 2015 - 05:09 AM, said:

[/list]What do you mean by this?

Obviously the laser shift we have now. Before that (ER)PPCs, Gauss and not to mention poptarting and JJs. Both recently nerfed.

Look i don't mind playing the game, but this laser arena shooter gets vey boring. With everybody cruising on their own there always will be a sort of balance problem the way PGI handles this game.

I don't agree how PGI nerfs and buff things. It's poor. Then again: its needed, but the -how PGI handles- thing is questionable and thusfar why we have so many problems with balance and shifting loadouts (with dropping HPs) for vomit tech.

But the most common one we have now among alot,of mechs is lasers.

Edited by Sarlic, 31 May 2015 - 06:01 AM.

#68 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:56 AM

View PostSarlic, on 31 May 2015 - 05:47 AM, said:

But the most common one we have now among alot,of mechs is lasers.

Dont worry, PGI have addressed that by creating a new mech pack which is almost all laserboats.

#69 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:59 AM

View Postjoelmuzz, on 31 May 2015 - 05:56 AM, said:

Dont worry, PGI have addressed that by creating a new mech pack which is almost all laserboats.

Noticed it. Oh, the irony when Russ stated that he didn't liked the laser vomit we have now.

Makes me shrug.

Edited by Sarlic, 31 May 2015 - 05:59 AM.

#70 Kekkone

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 144 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 06:26 AM

Every mech can be headshot with 33 damage. So anyone doing more than 33 damage / kill is a bad scrubnub baddie!

#71 girl on fire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg

Posted 31 May 2015 - 06:29 AM

Oh hey another "everyone else is the problem... better cry about it on the forum" thread.

#72 Johny Rocket

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 06:42 AM

I play aggressively and occasionally that produces sub 200 dmg matches. It is what it is and is no indicator of skill imho.

#73 Failcube

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 65 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:15 AM

View PostAbaddonis, on 30 May 2015 - 06:37 PM, said:

This game suffers from many, many crippling issues. The blatantly incompetent player base being one of them.

Game after game after game teams have a lance or more that are incapable of putting out 100 damage.

I guess this is a hard game? Dunno. But good god, there are so many terrible players.

The real battle though: "incompetent" and "terrible" PLAYER vs. "incompetent" and "terrible" PERSON.

#74 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:25 AM

View Postmadhermit, on 30 May 2015 - 08:40 PM, said:

Does it invalidate his argument though? OP can be just as bad as rest of the playerbase. Doesn't remove the fact how incompetent the playerbase is.

kind of...

if all players are incompetent, that means none are because basically everyone is equal

#75 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:25 AM

Famous words: Carry Harder!!!

I know the feeling though when you put out on average 300 to 400 but even I have a bad match.

As for a lance doing it repetitivaly maybe you should drop solo instead of group.

#76 Napoleon_Blownapart

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:31 AM

the biggest problem in mwo is you select your mech before you even know what planet you are dropping on, so many times youll get stuck in the wrong mech for the map.

#77 PAINLESS 42

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 50 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:32 AM

In my experience there are new players, and somewhat more casual players but very few "Bad" players. People lose PUG games not so much because of player quality, but because of lack of organization. Teams that are using coms, calling targets sticking together, win. I see it especially in PUGish CW games, and it goes like this:

Im Better Than You <DEAD>: "YOU can't cluster at the Gate you Need to PUSH stupid NOOBS !"

Really? did you use comms to tell people it was time to push? did you give them at least 10 seconds warning or did you just type "PUSH NOW"?

Did you comm people to say "Hug the far right wall after the gate and proceed to target X while moving" after designating it on the map ? or is "PUSH NOW" providing Rommel-like levels of strategic guidance ?

Mostly I find complaints about player quality boil down to this: "I'm Awesome, and will always make the right move, and people who don't read my mind and follow my lead suck"

its all fixable if you are willing to be the one committed to taking the lead and providing the team strategy.

#78 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:38 AM

Will you feel better if I give you my steering wheel?

#79 Zaccheus

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:46 AM

Crying bad players just demonstrates your inability to lead and organize your team. I'm a new player, and a casual player due to limited time atm; rarely do I ever see anyone messaging or talking over voip even though most maps nearly every player has a Mike. When anyone does talk, it's usually one guy says one thing, then throws a hiss fit 3 seconds later when someone didn't do exactly what the speaker said then that somehow got the speaker killed.

This is a team game, the short time I've played (an out amonth), when I get on a map with someone who leads we always do really well, I do really well, often times get close to 700 dmamage, and even if we do t win it's close. Games without leadership go bad. *IF* you really are that good, then you should be able to direct even total newbs like me to contribute to the fight according to your standards. I've seen many others do it, so learn to lead or quit whining about how bad other players are.

#80 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:46 AM

View PostAbaddonis, on 30 May 2015 - 06:37 PM, said:

This game suffers from many, many crippling issues. The blatantly incompetent player base being one of them.

Game after game after game teams have a lance or more that are incapable of putting out 100 damage.

I guess this is a hard game? Dunno. But good god, there are so many terrible players.

It seems like you haven't pugged much in any other game. Try playing with a random group in Left 4 Dead or Left 4 Dead 2, you'll be singing praise to your MWO teammates for not single-handedly wiping your team several times in a row.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users