Persistent Chassis Leaderboard

42 replies to this topic

#21 Docta Pain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 330 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:09 PM

I didn't know this forum section existed, but now that I do...

Please, yes, this!

There needs to be something substantial to a non-CW match, something besides the grind. The Achievements were a... nice addition, but there needs to be more features like this. You could add permanent page to our profiles with the last 20 matches of data for us, too... for data's sake.

#22 TygerLily

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:48 PM

View PostAuton, on 10 June 2015 - 11:44 AM, said:

I really like this idea too. It was nice with the Hero mech tournment to see some Pretty Babies and Oxides running around (hardly ever see those mechs). It would be nice to see some other mechs that are not around very much (Vindicators, Orions, Highlanders, Victors). Also I think it would give PGI some more data on how those Mechs perform and hopefully see what needs to be fixed or updated.

Yea, exactly!

That's a good point about the data too.

#23 DoctorDetroit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 483 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 08:26 AM

Great idea!

#24 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:40 AM

Hunchback title...you would be mine.

#25 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 10:41 AM

In the recent Townhall, Russ addressed my idea saying, "Good idea would be easy to leap off of the new leader-boards from CW."

Hope it's a reality!

#26 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:25 PM

View PostTarogato, on 10 June 2015 - 02:14 AM, said:

If you don't have the patience to wait for PGI to do this (hint: they probably never will), then just sign up for an account at [Redacted].

I'm currently 4th Thunderbolt of all time, 7th Locust, 20th Stormcrow.

Now... I know I'm not actually the 4th best Thunderbolt pilot in the game, but more people need to sign up and get their stats into the site. =]

This is against our TOS to share account information and it is also your responsibility to protect your account. Any incidents caused by account sharing will not be rectified by PGI.

On side note: This thread is a very good event suggestion!

#27 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:59 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 06 July 2015 - 03:25 PM, said:

This is against our TOS to share account information and it is also your responsibility to protect your account. Any incidents caused by account sharing will not be rectified by PGI.

On side note: This thread is a very good event suggestion!

We would really love to have an API for personal stats so that we don't have to go through such wayward means of gathering and sharing this kind of information. Would it be possible? Most games similar to MWO have very well organised stats tracking and options to make your own data public or private. MWO sorely lacks in this department and there's a lot of potential.

#28 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 15 July 2015 - 06:01 AM

there should be constantly leaderboards which trakc the best 10 matches out of your last 50 matches in that chassis.

this way the leaderboard keeps dynamic and related to ones actually performance.

Doesn't needs prices at all, since it would be just for some compeition and fun of seeing hwo you do and improve comapred to others.

#29 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 09:31 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 15 July 2015 - 06:01 AM, said:

there should be constantly leaderboards which trakc the best 10 matches out of your last 50 matches in that chassis.

this way the leaderboard keeps dynamic and related to ones actually performance.

Doesn't needs prices at all, since it would be just for some compeition and fun of seeing hwo you do and improve comapred to others.

I actually think taking only the top 10 matches, then making a 6 hour cooldown, then allowing 10 more, etc. would be a better way to do the current leaderboard events over a weekend.

BUT for this persistent leaderboard, I think it would be best if it were grindy. I think a month of time is pretty long...long enough that the law of averages HAS to come into play pretty strongly. You think??

And sure, we don't NEED rewards but I think in this case a small incentive provides a large impetus for participation. Plus things like special camos and titles mean community interaction and competition...anything that continues to grow the "us" part of this game is good!

Edited by TygerLily, 16 July 2015 - 09:34 AM.

#30 skorpionet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 292 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 07:16 AM

Tina, this isn't an event suggestion....

#31 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:11 AM

View PostTygerLily, on 16 July 2015 - 09:31 AM, said:

I actually think taking only the top 10 matches, then making a 6 hour cooldown, then allowing 10 more, etc. would be a better way to do the current leaderboard events over a weekend.

BUT for this persistent leaderboard, I think it would be best if it were grindy. I think a month of time is pretty long...long enough that the law of averages HAS to come into play pretty strongly. You think??

And sure, we don't NEED rewards but I think in this case a small incentive provides a large impetus for participation. Plus things like special camos and titles mean community interaction and competition...anything that continues to grow the "us" part of this game is good!

Dunno, a fixed time period to allow more makes the event think less dynamic and would only track a specific moment of your gamepay instead the entire one.

maybe make it the the best 10 of the past 50 matches, but every match older than two weeks "decays" from that selection. This way people have to constatly play good to stay in the ranks.

Also, dunno why should it last 4 month its persistent isn't it? So it should never disappear.

Epic would be a seperate "hall of fame" thats ingame, where one can enter a chassis hall and see the top 10 pilots with the mech the complete mech (camo, lodout and stuff) they used.

#32 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:47 AM

View Postskorpionet, on 17 July 2015 - 07:16 AM, said:

Tina, this isn't an event suggestion....

*roll eyes*

K...it's a monthly event. Forever....

#33 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:07 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 17 July 2015 - 08:11 AM, said:

Epic would be a seperate "hall of fame" thats ingame, where one can enter a chassis hall and see the top 10 pilots with the mech the complete mech (camo, lodout and stuff) they used.

YES! This would be cool...maybe not loadout but at least the chassis and variant.

#34 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 21 July 2015 - 10:26 AM

View PostTygerLily, on 02 June 2015 - 08:04 AM, said:

DUDE, remember the special camo for the PGI tourney? Similarly, just have a set of Top Gun camos that you can use for as long as you have the title.

If you get the title by being the best in the game on a certain chassis the title should never reset, and instead it is unlocked for ever.
It would still take alot of playing to achieve the title and having it for only 1 month would not be worth it. Great idea other than that though!

Maybe for instance "Commando Top Gun 07/15"

Include the month and year you got it so they are still all unique...

Or use Battle tech timeline so "Commando Top Gun 07/52" for IMMERSION!!!!!!!! purposes

Edited by DONTOR, 21 July 2015 - 10:30 AM.

#35 Cookie King

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:35 AM

Great idea.

Make it happen PGI!

#36 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:58 AM

I used to run something like this in the mechreg. So, let me reiterate... Unlock special camo or title/badge, save the leaderboard periodically into a hall of fame.

Edited by MechregSurn, 22 July 2015 - 04:21 PM.

#37 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 08:12 PM

View PostDONTOR, on 21 July 2015 - 10:26 AM, said:

If you get the title by being the best in the game on a certain chassis the title should never reset, and instead it is unlocked for ever.
It would still take alot of playing to achieve the title and having it for only 1 month would not be worth it. Great idea other than that though!

Maybe for instance "Commando Top Gun 07/15"

Include the month and year you got it so they are still all unique...

Or use Battle tech timeline so "Commando Top Gun 07/52" for IMMERSION!!!!!!!! purposes

View PostMechregSurn, on 22 July 2015 - 08:58 AM, said:

I used to run something like this in the mechreg. So, let me reiterate... Unlock special camo or title/badge, save the leaderboard periodically into a hall of fame.

I think that's how I'd like to see it done. Have it re-set but maintain a Hall of Fame sort of thing. If camos and titles were unlocked permanently then I think it makes it feel less momentous.

#38 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 August 2015 - 10:57 PM

Great event idea. However. do NOT make it available for the group queue, this should be an only solo option. It would be far too easy to manipulate the leaderboard if you get 2 full groups willing to cooperate.

A leaderboard like this is for individuals, not teams. It would be different if it were a monthiy leaderboard for units (Average damage, average match score, average W/L average K/D to name a few possibilities), there group queues should count (possibly also solo queues, but that would conflict with this event).

#39 Ascaloth

NUMERO UM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 569 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 14 August 2015 - 11:27 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 13 August 2015 - 10:57 PM, said:

Great event idea. However. do NOT make it available for the group queue, this should be an only solo option. It would be far too easy to manipulate the leaderboard if you get 2 full groups willing to cooperate.

A leaderboard like this is for individuals, not teams. It would be different if it were a monthiy leaderboard for units (Average damage, average match score, average W/L average K/D to name a few possibilities), there group queues should count (possibly also solo queues, but that would conflict with this event).

Agreed! Thumbs up +1

Awesome idea OP!

#40 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 01:32 PM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 13 August 2015 - 10:57 PM, said:

I personally don't buy in to the group-queue theory. How do you think it could be gamed?

But I DO think a constant group leaderboard would be cool too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users