#41 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 13 October 2015 - 02:44 AM

View PostTygerLily, on 12 October 2015 - 01:32 PM, said:

I personally don't buy in to the group-queue theory. How do you think it could be gamed?

Didn't you get the "Territorial" Event theory?
Almost two teams did manipulate in a CW game - creating enough MS score for a single guy to reach the top of the leader board.
Or some of other streams of former leaderboard events - players did kill all "opposing" targets and allowed the "choosen" player to strip armor and body parts to increase his MS rating.

Of course the same could happen in a "SOLO" drop but chance is lower.

#42 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 13 October 2015 - 04:58 AM

View PostTygerLily, on 12 October 2015 - 01:32 PM, said:

I personally don't buy in to the group-queue theory. How do you think it could be gamed?

But I DO think a constant group leaderboard would be cool too.

because grp queue is small and when you set up 24 people queuing up the same time divided into 2x12 you will extremely likely have those 2 groups playing vs each other. And then they can manipulate the games result to their needs.

If you had like 120 other 12 mans waiting in the queue, all the time this would be very unlikely to make such a "dedicated matchup" happen. But the current MWO will make it happen probably at every second attemp.

Edited by Lily from animove, 13 October 2015 - 04:59 AM.

#43 TygerLily

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 11:59 AM

Syncdropping to manipulate a challenge/tourney can happen for ANY event they do...doesn't stop nearly everyone from playing right and certainly hasn't stopped the weekend events and leaderboards from continuing to come.

People's accounts can get all the time outs they need.

In the territorial challenge you bring up, the offenders didn't get away with anything....

So I'll amend my point to be: I personally don't buy into it being a problem.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users