1522 replies to this topic

#1201 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 October 2018 - 04:52 PM

I've posted in other locations before, but this seems like the place those posts should have gone, so here goes:

I have a few different feature ideas that I'd like to see implemented in MWO, as well as a few buffs and nerfs.

Firstly, the main "feature" that I'd really like to see implemented, is an "omni-variant" selection screen AFTER the map/mode vote. Omnimechs' strength was their ability to be rapidly customized to the environment and mission they were facing, and rapidly repaired in the field. As a limitation to this feature, to prevent omnimechs from becoming too overpowered, the only options should be stock loadouts for all omnimech variants which can be made with currently available tech (or you can abstain to keep your customized loadout). Without this style of adapting your omnimech to the map and mode after it's known, we will NEVER see Inner Sphere Omni's, such as the Avatar and Sunder, because they will have fixed IS XL Engines, and there won't be any point to accepting that guaranteed weakness. The ability to swap to a cold loadout when you see Terra Therma, or to a long-ranged loadout when we get Frozen City Domination, etc, will make IS omnis worth the investment.

Another feature I'd love to see, is a change in the VIP mode. Specifically, a change in the VIP. I think it would be a lot of fun if someone who took Company Command could then issue movement commands to the VIP. On top of that, it would add a whole other dynamic to the game if the VIP were changed into a FUNCTIONAL mobile field base (a la MechWarrior 3), but have a time limit on reaching the destination, so the defending team has to ration their time between stopping for repairs and moving to the end point (if you keep repairing your team, you won't make it in time. Maybe even limit the supplies being carried so that the MFBs will run out of supplies after five or six repairs. You can still stop for repairs, and they'll use up whatever they have left, but anything they're out of won't get fixed).

As for the Buffs/Nerfs, I'd like to see Gauss Rifle functionality changed slightly. Currently, you can fire two Gauss rifles of any size at one time. I'd like to see that changed so you can fire one heavy Gauss, two regular Gauss, and three light Gauss at the same time. This results in 25, 30, and 24 pinpoint damage, respectively, normalizing the damage output (you can still quickly charge and fire the next set of Gauss rifles, similar to how a quad Gauss Kodiak already works).

Also, Heavy Large Lasers have been an issue since they were introduced. Their stats, as loaded in MWO, are 18 damage for 16 heat. On TableTop, they dealt 16 damage for 18 heat. Why didn't we start with those values? Why didn't we adopt those values as soon as they began to present a problem? You're not gonna get any complaints from the lore-hounds, because that's adjusting it so it matches the Lore. (Same thing with C-ERLL. TT: 10 dmg, 12 ht. MWO: 12 dmg, 10 ht, and adjusted since then a few tenths up and down). Just an observation from someone who's only recently begun studying record sheets.

On the subject of heat: Coolant Pod Consumables. You know those actually have a Lore equivalent which takes up crit slots and weight, right? Can we just have that, please? It can still be consumable, and it can still be adjusted with the skill tree, but it'd limit their overpowering effectiveness if you have to decide between a cool shot and a heat sink, which was the original dilemma they were intended to create, anyway.

For that matter, could we get rid of strike consumables and give pilots the option to carry Arrow IV and Long Tom artillery? With all of the same limitations and requirements applicable thereto. Which means to use Arrow IV artillery missiles, you have to have someone spotting a target with a TAG designator, and the TAG laser would no longer have any effect on LRMs. Long Toms are just super ballistic and hard to aim. Either that, or have the ability to dumb-fire missiles and have them automatically home in on the nearest tagged target (NARC would be too powerful, but TAG would be fun).

Otherwise, just the same old requests that are constantly asked for and constantly shot down: Fire Moth, Unreal Engine, Ammo Switching, etc. Getting thunder and inferno LRM munitions with ammo switching would be fun and add new game dynamics. :)

#1202 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 18 October 2018 - 11:20 PM

View PostTonxabar, on 26 September 2018 - 03:47 PM, said:

PVE.

I've played other games with PVP match types as MWO, for sure, but they've implemented PVE match types too, without a problem. And they were fun too!

I.E., take a look at Star Conflict, a space game with different types of ships, weapons and ranges, just like mechs, and how they did PVE. So easy.

Paul Innoye says clear NO Pve for MWO ...its not in and no plans to bring it in

#1203 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 11:57 PM

Since i don´t think the german suggestion thread is moderated anymore (or ever was) i´ll try my luck here.

After 5 years PGI is finally thinking about offering more than 4 drop decks (in my opinion stop thinking, just do it).
If you do so we will need 2 new options for the drop decks.
1st: An export/import function. So if people are switching from Clan to IS and back they don´t have to assemble their 12 drop decks everytime (yes i expect 12 drop decks minimum).
2nd: The option to give every drop deck a name (Dakka, Brawl, Lurms, etc.).

#1204 Draven Darkshadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 02:26 AM

the ability to turn off decals and other objects.. it needs to be a thing for client side so that people can actually play solaris city / and river city to a certain extent with less fps issues and objects in the game to enjoy the game.. ideally also for pgi to fix invisible walls by putting texture or something to work with

#1205 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 21 October 2018 - 08:15 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 20 October 2018 - 11:57 PM, said:

Since i don´t think the german suggestion thread is moderated anymore (or ever was) i´ll try my luck here.

After 5 years PGI is finally thinking about offering more than 4 drop decks (in my opinion stop thinking, just do it).
If you do so we will need 2 new options for the drop decks.
1st: An export/import function. So if people are switching from Clan to IS and back they don´t have to assemble their 12 drop decks everytime (yes i expect 12 drop decks minimum).
2nd: The option to give every drop deck a name (Dakka, Brawl, Lurms, etc.).

Ya, they need to implement this asap.. btw you are able to label the decks now by clicking on 'manage drop decks' and clicking on the name on the left.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 21 October 2018 - 08:16 AM.

#1206 turdburglir

• PipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 23 posts
  • LocationBest Coast, USA

Posted 07 November 2018 - 07:03 PM

MOAR MAPS!!! we should have 3 maps for every environment minimum. we already have 3 urban maps (river, crimson, solaris) and three arctic (do i really need to list them?) i think adding another woodland map (in addition to forest colony and viridian), two more set in a vacuum, another "hell world" map to fill out TT and caustic, and another desert map (in addition to canyon and TD) i feel like alien environments are well represented with rubelite, grim and mining complex. thats literally 4 (FOUR!!!) maps. i'll learn code and help if i have to. thats the NUMBER ONE complaint i have. not enough diversity in map choices.

*EDIT*
perhaps PGI should add a "custom map" function in the custom lobby and release a map editor to the community. maps that stand out could be adopted as game official and added to QP/FP rotation. they wouldnt be the first dev team to take advantage of their player base for ideas/testing.

Edited by turdburglir, 11 November 2018 - 06:41 PM.

#1207 Kardred

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 11:01 PM

Really need more game modes that are for smaller size lances, like scouting missions but something i can take my heavy and assault mechs on. Its getting harder and harder to find a quickplay match when faction play events dont line up with mech types.

#1208 Jaime-Wolf

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:14 PM

Can we please start asking to get rid of the heat spike. Ita not canon or in battletech at all. We need to get this removed please.

#1209 Jaime-Wolf

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 02:21 PM

Can you pleaae make the IS UAC/5 burst fire. Through out the mechwarrior games the uac 5 for the IS has been burst fire. I have just test both mechwarrior 3 and mechwarrior 4 mercs. The IS UAC5 is infact burst fire instead of single shot. And what i mean by burst fire is like all the other UAC's it fires multiple rounds per click instead of just one. Please change this.

Edited by deadoralive117, 14 November 2018 - 02:23 PM.

#1210 Endurance2012

• Pip
  • Löjtnant II
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 11:19 PM

Your blocking system is a joke. I play with the same clowns every match. I hardly find someone from my friends list.

Please try to make an option to buy a recorded match. Nobody has time to hit the record button in the heat of the battle.

#1211 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 11:32 AM

Get some developers pgi. You are real parody.

#1212 Jaime-Wolf

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 05:11 AM

The annihilators are not capable mechs anymore. You took a slow mech which requires its armor to protect it when caught out in the open to be able to survive a slow walk to any cover that is tall enought and wide enough to protect it and made it so that any clan mech with the proper DPS can take one down rather quickly. And I dont know if you took the fact that in quick play your not going up against just clan mechs but a mix of Inner sphere and clanners. So not only does the annihilator have to worry about the DPS of clan weapons. But also it has to try and avoid its own weapon types. So please fix the armor of the annhilator.

#1213 Jaime-Wolf

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 05:19 AM

And one more thing can you please add these mechs to the clans.

Annihilator C
A variant of the Annihilator that was built using only Clan technology and used exclusively by the Wolf's Dragoons, the Annihilator C increased its maximum speed to 54 kph. The 'Mech was armed with four Ultra Autocannon/10s and four ER Medium Lasers. The Ultra Autocannon/10s allowed the 'Mech to fire at twice the rate of a normal autocannon, allowing it to put as much fire out as if it was carrying eight regular autocannons.

Annihilator C2
pparently based on the ANH-1G, this variant only uses Clan technology. The 'Mech's top speed was 32.4 km/h and the armor protection was reduced, but four Gauss Rifles backed up by an ER PPC in the center torso and a head mounted ER Small Laser provided withering firepower for defensive engagements. Ten tons of ammunition kept the Gauss Rifles fed through the longest engagements. To make room for all these weapons, the C2 used an Endo Steel internal structure. Integrated CASE protected the arms and torsos from Gauss Rifle explosions.

#1214 Jaime-Wolf

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 06:29 AM

I know I'm posting a lot but can we also get X pulse lasers as well if they are in the right time line that is.

Edited by Jaime-Wolf, 07 December 2018 - 06:29 AM.

#1215 GryHwk

• PipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 07:56 PM

Just a few suggestions..... for the cockpit. 1) Hanging potato. 2) Loaded baked potato for dash. 3) Mr. and or Mrs. Potato head for dash.(maybe dance when you make a kill). 4) Potato gun for dash............ ok you get the idea and theme. I would spend MC on any and or all of those in a heartbeat....... Hummmmm wait....one more.5) Steaming hot mashed potatoes with a plat of butter on top for the dash...... ok... the rest is up to you... thank you for your time. I'm hungry now.

Serious note: Kidding aside, these are legitimate suggestions, and I WOULD spend MC on them.

Thank you.

OHHH, and thinking more...maybe some... Bumper stickers, like, "My other mech is an Atlas" or "My kid cored your King Crab"...."No gas no Asp"..... "Keep on Puggin'" , you get the idea. "If you can read this, your Piranha sucks.", and so on....

Edited by GryHwk, 12 January 2019 - 10:02 AM.

#1216 Sniper09121986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 01:28 PM

View PostJaime-Wolf, on 07 December 2018 - 06:29 AM, said:

I know I'm posting a lot but can we also get X pulse lasers as well if they are in the right time line that is.

So are Clan HAGs, ER-pulse lasers and lots of other goodies. When was the last tech level advance, a year and a half ago? I understand MW5 is the labour magnet these days, but this game needs to be progressing as well, quiaff?

#1217 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 06:00 AM

Solo QP is ruined.
PGI buffed lurms, again, and only god knows why. 50% of the players now use lurms, so half of the team is staying behind not sharing armor. It´s quite a ****** time for brawlers.
Matchmaking never really worked, but with every good player leaving MWO it gets worse. I´m constantly stuck with idiots who can´t play in a team.
2 options, nerf lurms or program a working matchmaker for Solo QP based on ELO instead of this outdated TIER system. I know people with an average of 100 damage who are TIER 1, just because they played MWO long enough. And god knows i don´t want them in my team.
So if you are working on a new matchmaker for FP make sure you do one for QP as well.
I just had a match on Mining, died first and made top damage in my team. How is that even possible?

#1218 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 226 posts

Posted 24 December 2018 - 12:21 PM

View PostWishmast3r, on 22 December 2018 - 06:00 AM, said:

Solo QP is ruined.
PGI buffed lurms, again, and only god knows why. 50% of the players now use lurms, so half of the team is staying behind not sharing armor. It´s quite a ****** time for brawlers.
Matchmaking never really worked, but with every good player leaving MWO it gets worse. I´m constantly stuck with idiots who can´t play in a team.
2 options, nerf lurms or program a working matchmaker for Solo QP based on ELO instead of this outdated TIER system. I know people with an average of 100 damage who are TIER 1, just because they played MWO long enough. And god knows i don´t want them in my team.
So if you are working on a new matchmaker for FP make sure you do one for QP as well.
I just had a match on Mining, died first and made top damage in my team. How is that even possible?

Please pass the salt.

QP is fine. I am Tier 2 and play quite a few Tier 1 matches. Plenty are brawly.

They had Elo, and that didn't work. Now we have tiers.

LRMs needed buffs because they were relegated to the ash heap in the higher tiers. Fights were predictable. Charge to F7 and duke it out. LRMs make ECM and cover more necessary.

Also talk on comms. The more you do so, the more your teammates will. This will help with coordination.

#1219 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 24 December 2018 - 12:31 PM

View PostLionheart2012, on 24 December 2018 - 12:21 PM, said:

They had Elo, and that didn't work. Now we have tiers.

When did we have Elo? And i know why it didn´t work ... Posted Image

Also talk on comms. The more you do so, the more your teammates will. This will help with coordination.

That´s where you are wrong.

LRMs needed buffs because they were relegated to the ash heap in the higher tiers. Fights were predictable. Charge to F7 and duke it out. LRMs make ECM and cover more necessary.

Lurms never needed a buff, like MWO never needed Artistrikes.
Don´t get me wrong, i don´t have a problem with LRMs in the right hands, the hands of a skilled player that is. I can easily do more than 1.000 damage with lurms in QP. My problem is noobs playing "easy" lurms (fire and forget), staying way behind the team, sharing no armor and leaving the game with 200 damage or less.

#1220 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 226 posts

Posted 24 December 2018 - 12:40 PM

View PostSniper09121986, on 13 December 2018 - 01:28 PM, said:

So are Clan HAGs, ER-pulse lasers and lots of other goodies. When was the last tech level advance, a year and a half ago? I understand MW5 is the labour magnet these days, but this game needs to be progressing as well, quiaff?

We don't need the power creep that HAGs, X-pulse, and ER Pulse would bring.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users