1522 replies to this topic

#1161 CPTCruz2015

Rookie

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 June 2018 - 09:14 PM

Can we pick another mech of equal tonnage after map and mode is selected? I'm pretty tired of getting stuck in a brawler assault on Polar Highlands, for instance.

#1162 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:47 PM

View PostCPTCruz2015, on 02 June 2018 - 09:14 PM, said:

Can we pick another mech of equal tonnage after map and mode is selected? I'm pretty tired of getting stuck in a brawler assault on Polar Highlands, for instance.

I've had more wins+KMDDs in a brawler on PH than I have in my LRM boats... And that's saying something.

#1163 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 05 June 2018 - 02:53 AM

I would like to see a QP Incursion mission IS Company vs Clan Trinary( 15 Mechs/Omnimechs in three units of 5 called Stars). Base turrets should be doubled. IS should be limited to no more than 60% Assault Mechs or base defenses do not double. What do you folks think??

#1164 Skippynibble

• PipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 06:40 PM

I would love to be able to remove a cockpit item from another mech with out finding what mech is was on...please just give us the option to remove it from any mech in the cockpit item menu...Please

#1165 Guile Votoms

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 239 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 03:27 AM

FIX

FACTION

PLAY

#1166 P0607

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 06:41 AM

I would like to see a cockpit shot cbills bonus (especially in Solaris), omnipod set quirks redistributed between the actual omnipods and multi-division search in Solaris. Also some love for faction play.

#1167 Dragunz Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 June 2018 - 06:47 AM

Hello Fellow Mechwarriors!

I am glad to say that I started playing again after taking almost a year off and I love the majority of the new features (at least they are to me!) and to keep up the good work.

The ONLY glaring weakness I can comment on is your lack of 4K support. Yes I know you can run the game at 4K and it looks beautiful......but your UI doesn't not scale?!?! I can understand a great deal of things having dabbled in programming myself, but it is honestly not that hard to input a UI scale that would allow us to set our graphical preference, and then adjust the UI size so that it is readable depending on our monitor setup. Here I am with this impressive new rig, Ryzen 1700x OC, 32 GB DDR4, GTX 1080ti...etc...all this horsepower and I cant utilize it on my favorite game...you cant imagine how much this agrivates me.

And honestly its not just me, I have gotten two friends who are old Battletech buddies, I convinced then to start playing, they said the same thing. That the lack of intelligent UI scaling for 4k gameplay and the absolutely frustrating mapping options for using a PS4/Xbox or Joysticks are annoying as all get-out. I hear it from too many friends on this game that admit they hate running it at 1080p settings, but going any higher makes your UI unusable, and unreadable...at that is just not a good thing! Hope you guys get this adjusted, as the last thing you want to do when you have surplus horsepower is to set your cruise control to 45 and putt along!! Thanks guys!!

#1168 RoryRadSkillz

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 07:40 AM

What I would love in this game is if searching for a game didn't prevent you from tinkering around. There's so much depth to this game, and the long wait times for faction play could very easily be made less frustrating if we could browse our mechs and the store while the game searches for our matches.

#1169 Ravendaark

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 27 June 2018 - 08:45 AM

Can we get simple chat scroll option in the match? Or at least separated chat and system messages (like thatguy killed thisguy, thisguy disconnected..etc)

#1170 Blockwart

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 09:36 PM

New IS factions: IS Omni Mechs:

#1171 Bwah Ha Ha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 08:02 AM

I would like to see AMS systems broken out individually on the weapons screen when running more than one. Currently when running more than one you only have the choice of turning them all on or off. Would be nice to turn them on or off individually.

#1172 G4ost

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 29 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 July 2018 - 05:55 PM

Dailies and Weekly events! More Free junk! thats what we want; Everyone wants free stuff.

Honestly I am really surprised that there isn't already Daily and Weekly Events. Having More Events would keep players playing and interest new players to keep going when its easy to get free stuff. This Also provides away for PGI to give mech bays.

#1173 Mustang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Leftenant General
  • Leftenant General
  • 125 posts
  • LocationMargaritaville , Al

Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:24 AM

1.Ability to change radar distance so you can run tighter formation 1200m,750m,500m,250m ( at 1200m radar mechs appear right on top of each other )
2. a rearview camera . even in 2018 a Toyota preus has a rearview camera

#1174 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,579 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 01:45 PM

A Try Mech feature to try current or upcoming mechs that come for MC, then C-bills.

Example:
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1175 ithinkiamawake

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:44 PM

Hi, been playing for a while, some of my suggestions are going to get a lot of hate, but...you asked.

BattleDamage, especially when hit in the cockpit, crack and craze the glass, make it look like you are getting damaged

Resize Mechs Please Please PLEASE resize the mechs, when I am running around in an Assassin medium Mech, i should not be the same size as most of the Assault mechs. (the pilot probably should be corrected as well)

(Contentious Idea) IS Armor types Instead of nerfing clan lasers and gauss etc, why not introduce IS armor types from the original game. Ballistic Armor, Reflec armor, and Anti-Missle armor. It could give a 50% damage reduction to the specific weapon type, but allow normal damage from others. Tired of those annoying clan laser drills? Slap on some reflec, Tired of missles use reactive armor, Those Gauss and Ac10s kicking your butt use ballistic armor. It wouldn't be so hard to introduce, just make it take up and weigh the same as Ferro or light Ferro, It would reduce space available for weapons, but make IS mechs more survivable....(shuddup clanners, I know, you are going to cry about it, but it will make PGI stop nerfing your weapons)

Destructible Terrain It would be nice to have more terrain be destructible, have mechs able to shoot or walk through a building, knock them down on your enemies...etc...

New Map Idea Instead of all your super hot maps, how about a SUPER cold map, one where you NEED to have a hot mech or your mech will shut down and freeze over...just...a thought.

Up Armor Heavy and Assault mechs need to be more survivable against those annoying light mechs (I drive a locust, Piranha and MLX so I know what I am talking about) It takes me 5 to 10 seconds to eat through the rear armor of an assault with my mechs, Lights should fear to fight assaults and in some cases heavies. As it is, I kill 2 or 3 assaults by legging or eating their rear armor out with machine guns.

on that note Machine gun bank either introduce machine gun ghost heat or jam chance in banks of more than 5. Piranha and MLX Machine gun boats are ridiculous. Also...machine guns fly further the heavier they are, not the other way around...a .50 cal out ranges a .223.

Tunnels/deep water/tight ravines Light mechs are supposed to be able to go places others are not, it would be nice to have some tunnels back, and some places where lights can run. They would have to be able to be targeted and seen by other mechs, so maybe some short tunnels.

Quick Play Drop Decks A drop deck for quick play would be nice, maybe a selected mech and some standard backups which you could choose from prior to dropping into a map. It sucks using Missle/long range mechs on a brawl map and vice vs...

Weapon trials allow players to assign weapons to a mech that haven't been purchased yet and drop into a trial map. This will allow them to see if the selected weapon/engine combo is worth it, or if they need to switch it up. Make it so they can then choose to purchase the set.

Smoother Mechlab Transitions I upgrade my skills, hit save, it kicks me back to the select mech screen, it would be nice to hit save and then be able to continue working on the selected mech.

my 2 cents

Edited by ithinkiamawake, 12 July 2018 - 02:23 AM.

#1176 Krometheus

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 36 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:01 PM

I've been playing MWO since 2012, and love how far the game has come. Over the years I have accumulated a lot of mechs and would love to see a little expansion of the FAVORITES tape of the SELECT MECH screen. Would it be possible to do something like what I have mocked up in the pic below for a patch down the road? with a large number of mechs to organize and sort, having 4 favorites tabs would allow players to sort out their mechs with their drop decks, split them up according to game play modes, paint patterns, create units, and so on.

Also adding a Solaris tab with the existing sorting features would allow players to view their chosen Solaris mechs from the same sorting screen. Maybe even add DIVISION sorting to the CLASS and CHASSIS options.

Just an idea. Love the game! Keep up the great work

Posted Image

#1177 Redistribute

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 09:05 AM

I would like the social button to be the biggest button, not the smallest button (this is a MMO).
I would like to have a quick respect skills button (change weapons, auto fills most popular skills).
I would like to have a pop-up to help me spend the 5800 Points I have been refunded (what a pain in the ***). I think I bought 239 points (too many currencies too), but it will only let me have 91. WTF?

#1178 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 16 July 2018 - 11:43 PM

View PostRedistribute, on 15 July 2018 - 09:05 AM, said:

(this is a MMO)

Actually, this is a free to play multiplayer arena game, not an MMO. MMOs have more than just 2x 12-player teams able to interact.

#1179 Xezar 123

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 19 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 17 July 2018 - 10:50 PM

BIGGER and more OBVIOUS buttons for the Chat, News, and Event tabs, new players often have trouble looking for those.

Make the Event button flash if the player have redeemable prizes.

Give Dropboxes its own tab, and likewise make it flash if the player have any unopened box.

Dynamic spectator camera, you can switch to third person and look around other mechs from any angle while spectating.

Ways to see allies' loadout.

Ingame methods to share loadout with others via chat.

Coop matches vs bots and scenario missions

#1180 Flesh Gunship

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 04:15 AM

I'd like to see the Sunder available in the mech pool. I'm pretty sure this one desire is already taken into consideration (I don't believe I'm the first guy writing this).

I'd like to see a rework/mega-buff for the Fafnir, granting a special quirk for heavy gauss (since I recall it was designed to carry that weapon). Something like SPECIAL QUIRK: GAUSS (+1/2/5/10/15/20% to ALL Heavy Gauss stats). This quirk should be unique (no other mech can have it) and should be applied to all Fafnir variants.

I'd like to see another rework for the Fafnir, consisting in a re-modelling of its arms. I believe they are too "short", comparing them to the models of previous games.

I'd like to see home planets for the new clans (nova cat, diamond shark, etc) in faction play.

I'd like to choose the planet to invade (faction play ofc) the old way.

It would be great if the whole faction play-part-of-the-game (maybe even solaris) had a tutorial in it, just like the one at the beginning of mwo. I still see some people play fp with little clue of how it works; they ruin their and more seasoned players' experience. (I remember I was one of those guys, back in the day).

But most of all, I'd like to see some new maps!

Edited by Flesh Gunship, 20 July 2018 - 12:33 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users