1522 replies to this topic

#701 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 06:35 AM

View PostGeeSeXaaR, on 11 July 2016 - 11:09 PM, said:

Not a big forum user so apologise if already stated, but I would love to be able to build mechs in my account offline from the game. a cut down mechlab for android/ios/netbooks etc with no combat system so I can play with builds etc out and about would be a great addition and help continue affair with battlemechs Posted Image
Col (GeeSeXaaR)
Salute Iron Serpents

Lots of us use Smurfy for that, but then you have to actually make the changes to your mech when you login to MWO later. The ability to do it actually in MWO through the site would be cool.

#702 MW222

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 620 posts
  • LocationWay, Way Over there, Face North turn left or was that right?

Posted 12 July 2016 - 12:29 PM

View PostGeeSeXaaR, on 11 July 2016 - 11:09 PM, said:

Not a big forum user so apologise if already stated, but I would love to be able to build mechs in my account offline from the game. a cut down mechlab for android/ios/netbooks etc with no combat system so I can play with builds etc out and about would be a great addition and help continue affair with battlemechs Posted Image
Col (GeeSeXaaR)
Salute Iron Serpents

Try this site if you haven't http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/.

#703 rolling thunder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 120 posts
  • LocationSOUTHPORT,UK

Posted 14 July 2016 - 01:21 AM

I'm going to suggest a killed player being to take over a disconnected mech as an option. They might not be familiar with the use of that mech but it's better than not playing at all?
I understand sometimes it's the game which disconnects players so the final score shouldn't effect to the player who was disconnected?
Larger & more varied maps, deep water, sandhills, Jungles.
I'm hoping that larger maps might lead to connected maps which allow players to roam further?

Edited by rolling thunder, 14 July 2016 - 01:23 AM.

#704 lazytopaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 316 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:55 AM

Since first few hours of the game for new players can determine if one's gonna stay for a while longer or drop it all toegether I think PGI should focus on easing that experience and do something that would encourage newcomers not just to come, but what is as equally important : to stay.

Getting in touch with bigger game pages/advertising it and doing a "welcome new players" buff with gifts like C-Bills % gain bonuses, xp % gain bonuses, flat C-Bill injection to fresh accounts, and 1 or more mechs as a giveaway to give new comers something to play with.

Keep in mind that that kind of action, and a spotlight from the internet/raised awareness should also be met with proper preparations on server side.

But all that SHOULD NOT COME BEFORE things I'm gonna mention below :

- Prices on mech packs need to be toned down by a huge margin. Especially older mech packs.

- There should be a way to tweak around with trial mechs that you don't own, with equipement that you don't own and have limited supplies of. And you loose that on next day when Daily Rotation kicks in. Which leads us to ...

- Trial mechs daily rotation which should be heavily connected to what I've mentioned above. So one day you can duke it out in Timberwolf and on a next day you cannot but instead can run around in for example eboj jaguar.
There should be at least one of each type available to try out, and one from Clan and one from IS. Up to 8 mechs to choose from. From lights to assaults. With time exclusion to mechs that were introduced recently.

- This could also be tied to Sales, e.g. today we have Atlas as a trial mech, so theres obvious X% price reduction in both C-Bills/MC as well as in Package deals that you can buy for real money. It might not be as often as Daily rotation for mechs but should occur more often. Simple statistics show that doing a sale even tho' you are getting less per a product sold, in the end you are getting more money because more people bought it. More people play it, more people pay for it, more money to the company. Win win situation.

- Academy Rewards should be expanded with bigger number of matches played netting more rewards like mechbays, random cockpit items and few pre-set paint colours.
This whole progress should lead to a final reward of one mech award from a pool of mechs of a player choosing. So at the end player can choose one mech to be given to him with stock loadout to give a firm foothold in the game and be able to play both with mechbay and the game itself.

- Tutorial should be expanded and include different chassis trainings. With each respective chassis type having at its end a reward of one mech of your (or gamedeveloper) choosing from a limited set pool of mechs.
This is due to the fact that each chassis type (light, medium, heavy and assault) plays differently. This would help newcomers to understand the basic principles of how particular mechs work and what their role on the battlefield is.

- Game should include helpful popups that show up on mouse over literally anything and everything in mechbay with short yet very informative description on what is being looked on. With an option to disable those.

- This also leads to : in-game wiki with essential information like a newbie's hand book that recaps all that has been said in each tutorial/academy training session, and with all the necessary information, pictures and videos that would explain what is what.

Does this require ton of work? Hell yeah it does.
Would that bring back MWO from its current state to a better, shinier, bigger one?
Well there are examples of that around and since this game can defend itself quite well with its solid customization on mech bay side and interesting battles being the other we can all agree this is something worth showing to bigger audience.

Edited by lazytopaz, 15 July 2016 - 08:01 AM.

#705 Cavendish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 410 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 July 2016 - 08:00 AM

View Postrolling thunder, on 14 July 2016 - 01:21 AM, said:

I'm going to suggest a killed player being to take over a disconnected mech as an option. They might not be familiar with the use of that mech but it's better than not playing at all?
I understand sometimes it's the game which disconnects players so the final score shouldn't effect to the player who was disconnected?

Most D/Cs seem to mysteriously occur at the start of the game, why not simply kick the D/C and let a new player take his place the first 2 min of a game? Currently it is waaaaaaay to common for people to simply D/C at the start of a game and never return.

#706 MW222

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 620 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 12:41 PM

View Postlazytopaz, on 15 July 2016 - 07:55 AM, said:

Since first few hours of the game for new players can determine if one's gonna stay for a while longer or drop it all toegether I think PGI should focus on easing that experience and do something that would encourage newcomers not just to come, but what is as equally important : to stay.

Getting in touch with bigger game pages/advertising it and doing a "welcome new players" buff with gifts like C-Bills % gain bonuses, xp % gain bonuses, flat C-Bill injection to fresh accounts, and 1 or more mechs as a giveaway to give new comers something to play with.

Keep in mind that that kind of action, and a spotlight from the internet/raised awareness should also be met with proper preparations on server side.

- Prices on mech packs need to be toned down by a huge margin. Especially older mech packs.

- There should be a way to tweak around with trial mechs that you don't own, with equipement that you don't own and have limited supplies of. And you loose that on next day when Daily Rotation kicks in. Which leads us to ...

- Trial mechs daily rotation which should be heavily connected to what I've mentioned above. So one day you can duke it out in Timberwolf and on a next day you cannot but instead can run around in for example eboj jaguar.
There should be at least one of each type available to try out, and one from Clan and one from IS. Up to 8 mechs to choose from. From lights to assaults. With time exclusion to mechs that were introduced recently.

- This could also be tied to Sales, e.g. today we have Atlas as a trial mech, so theres obvious X% price reduction in both C-Bills/MC as well as in Package deals that you can buy for real money. It might not be as often as Daily rotation for mechs but should occur more often. Simple statistics show that doing a sale even tho' you are getting less per a product sold, in the end you are getting more money because more people bought it. More people play it, more people pay for it, more money to the company. Win win situation.

- Academy Rewards should be expanded with bigger number of matches played netting more rewards like mechbays, random cockpit items and few pre-set paint colours.
This whole progress should lead to a final reward of one mech award from a pool of mechs of a player choosing. So at the end player can choose one mech to be given to him with stock loadout to give a firm foothold in the game and be able to play both with mechbay and the game itself.

- Tutorial should be expanded and include different chassis trainings. With each respective chassis type having at its end a reward of one mech of your (or gamedeveloper) choosing from a limited set pool of mechs.
This is due to the fact that each chassis type (light, medium, heavy and assault) plays differently. This would help newcomers to understand the basic principles of how particular mechs work and what their role on the battlefield is.

- Game should include helpful popups that show up on mouse over literally anything and everything in mechbay with short yet very informative description on what is being looked on. With an option to disable those.

- This also leads to : in-game wiki with essential information like a newbie's hand book that recaps all that has been said in each tutorial/academy training session, and with all the necessary information, pictures and videos that would explain what is what.

Would that bring back MWO from its current state to a better, shinier, bigger one?
Well there are examples of that around and since this game can defend itself quite well with its solid customization on mech bay side and interesting battles being the other we can all agree this is something worth showing to bigger audience.

Good suggestions but sadly not going to happen.

#707 Valasharia

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 01:28 PM

Some great ideas there. I'd like to go even farther and suggest that a mech in the store be used as a trial mech rather than wait for it to randomly show up in the trial queue.

Here is an idea that won't cost PGI anything. How about doing something with the huge number of experience points many of us have? Let's say if you get to 250,000 XP you get to add one more module slot in any category.

#708 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 06:32 PM

*Lots of good ideas*

Tutorials have been getting better over the last 6 months. Hopefully they will continue to improve, but a lot more is needed, especially for new players coming in. Even if it was just a PDF manual with a link to download the latest copy on the site's main page instead of interactive tutorials would be a big step up from where MWO is now, especially for players not familiar with previous Mech Warrior or Battle Tech games.

I would say that rotating trial mechs any faster than 1-2 times a month would be too much. Lots of MWO players are working adults, and several of us only really have time to play 1-2 days a week. Only 1 night to get a read on a mech is hard, especially if you aren't sure if you are just having a bad night or if it is the mech's fault.

The idea of trial mechs getting a discount would help encourage newer players to start spending C-Bills when they find a mech they like. Really that may or may not be a good thing in many ways. One of the pieces of advice many of us tend to give new players is not to rush into their first purchase with their cadet bonus until they have had time to find their play style in the game. Of course the discount would lessen the penalty if a new player chooses poorly.

I'd like to see a lot of the older mech packages discounted. As new mechs come out, many older mechs become somewhat obsolete. Of course there are exceptions to that, but once a mech is available for C-Bills then buying it as a mech pack off the site really becomes a fairly bad deal compared to just buying a few mech bays with MC and grinding the C-Bills. I'd say that once a mech has been available for C-Bills for more than 6 months, it should get a 10-15% discount in the store and then up that discount to the 25-30% range once it has been available for C-Bills for over a year. PGI still gets to make slightly better money than just selling enough MC for a couple bays, and older mechs would probably get more love from old and new players alike. New players could get into the game more seriously at a cheaper barrier to entry, and once they get invested with real $, they are more likely to stick around. Old players become slightly more likely to spend a little cash that they probably would have sat on anyway. Either that or at least hurry up and get Champions and Heroes built for all the old mechs to offer Mastery Packs (with the discount already built into those packs) for all the mechs that have been in the game for over a year.

While we are on the topic, PGI would probably get a lot more sales on paint and camo if they dropped those prices as well. For a purely cosmetic thing, paint colors are obscenely priced for most of them. Camo I can at least understand somewhat since it takes a lot of time from some of the staff to produce the camo skins for each mech.

View PostValasharia, on 15 July 2016 - 01:28 PM, said:

How about doing something with the huge number of experience points many of us have? Let's say if you get to 250,000 XP you get to add one more module slot in any category.

Even a mechanism to convert say 50-100K XP -> 1 MC would be nice. I have some of my favorite mechs mastered with close to a million XP sitting on them.

#709 APF

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 10:51 PM

Make the thermal override switch a real toggle.

Right now the key only works if the mech is powered up. But.. if (in lore) it would be sort of a toggle switch one should be able to switch it off again during power up already.
The red warning flash on top of the screen doesn't help that much either as it is in the exact place the thermal warning flash is as well - something you're expecting to see if things get really hot.

So, abstract: please make the overheating overrun switch simulate a real *switch* which you can toggle on and off independently of the mechs status.

Edited by APF, 16 July 2016 - 10:51 PM.

#710 TheWatchman

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 08:43 PM

Need to fix:

So I am an aussie and no matter what server I play on i get this problem:

If my mech its another mech the game algs out and rubber banding of our mechs on my screen ensues until we are no longer touching on the servers computer.

Wasn't sure where to put this so I am putting it forward as my most wanted feature. A fix.

#711 MW222

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 620 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:18 PM

View PostTheWatchman, on 17 July 2016 - 08:43 PM, said:

Need to fix:

So I am an aussie and no matter what server I play on i get this problem:

If my mech its another mech the game algs out and rubber banding of our mechs on my screen ensues until we are no longer touching on the servers computer.

Wasn't sure where to put this so I am putting it forward as my most wanted feature. A fix.

Check the below out they may help. Also turn off background apps that are unneeded when you game.

Domain Name Speed Benchmark.
https://www.grc.com/dns/benchmark.htm

JetBoost.
http://www.bluesprig.com/jetboost.html

ToolWiz cleaner.
http://www.toolwiz.com/

Razer cortex: boost
http://www.razerzone.com/cortex/boost

This site will tell you by OS what is needed and what can be turned off.
http://www.blackvipe...configurations/

DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT, what ever you do as to be able UNdo it.

Luck!

#712 Aiven Lefant

Rookie

• The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 11:16 AM

I would love to see the implementation of the clan Supernova as a clan 90 tonner, I loved the chassis in MW3 and I think it be a great addition in MWO; for those that have never heard of it http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Supernova

#713 MW222

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 620 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:02 PM

View PostAiven Lefant, on 18 July 2016 - 11:16 AM, said:

I would love to see the implementation of the clan Supernova as a clan 90 tonner, I loved the chassis in MW3 and I think it be a great addition in MWO; for those that have never heard of it http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Supernova

I would love to see the MW3 Annihilator.

#714 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:44 PM

View PostCavendish, on 15 July 2016 - 08:00 AM, said:

Most D/Cs seem to mysteriously occur at the start of the game, why not simply kick the D/C and let a new player take his place the first 2 min of a game? Currently it is waaaaaaay to common for people to simply D/C at the start of a game and never return.

Might also help improve match wait times, I'd say give it 3 minutes before opening the queue to filler players, but this sounds good.

#715 Inappropriate1

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 03:44 PM

If it would not be too offensive I would suggest that we be permitted, with your indulgence and grateful permission to think about being able, please if you will let us, be able to report players who we think are cheating, without fear that you, oh great and all knowing wonderful people, punish us lowly horrible unworthy players. But if this supplication is too harsh please, please , please, please, please forgive this worthless unwashed player. Don't hit me...

#716 ALEXANDER CARLYLE

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 03:47 PM

Some of us have mechs that we don't use but can't sell. For easy of view, can we have a mech storage function or check box that puts them out of view? That would nice. Thanks.

Edited by THE DE NOMOLOS, 19 July 2016 - 03:48 PM.

#717 ALEXANDER CARLYLE

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 06:04 AM

Is there anybody there? Does anybody care? Yours...Gen George Washington.

#718 rolling thunder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 120 posts
  • LocationSOUTHPORT,UK

Posted 21 July 2016 - 02:34 AM

It would be good to have Bot controlled mechs in the testing grounds, increasing in difficulty as you progress. It doesn't need to be anything complicated as long as they aren't making 1.5 kilometer head shots or anything unrealistic like that?

#719 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:53 AM

View Postrolling thunder, on 21 July 2016 - 02:34 AM, said:

It would be good to have Bot controlled mechs in the testing grounds, increasing in difficulty as you progress. It doesn't need to be anything complicated as long as they aren't making 1.5 kilometer head shots or anything unrealistic like that?

Russ has stated many times in the past that they are working on AI as part of the effort to eventually add a single player mode. The Academy uses some parts of it already, and a town hall a few months ago he said they had it where they could navigate maps halfway decently now.

#720 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,591 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:34 PM

Personally, I feel that a FW is pretty repetitive with invade this and scout that. New Game Mode variations for Invasion and Scouting Mode. Add new game modes for scouting and invasion to make FW a bit more appealing. It would be nice to have game modes that felt more like combat missions. While you're at it, name each game mode differently.

Invasion:
Attack/Defend Orbital Gun- The current game mode we have now. Self explanatory, you have to protect or defend the orbital gun's generator.

Base Assault/Defense- Destroy/Defend six mech hangars. The game ends when all six hangars are destroyed or the attackers have been eliminated.

Evacuation/Delay- Protect/Destroy three powered down dropships. After a certain amount of time, a dropship will lift off. The game ends once all dropships have escaped, been destroyed, or the attackers have been neutralized.

Reinforcing/Sabotage- Protect/Destroy base defenses and the dropship gantry. The game ends when the gantry is destroyed or when the attackers have been eliminated. Once the defending team wins, their faction dropship will descend upon the base.

It doesn't always have to be a "Hey guys, let's go behind a gun and shoot." game mode.

Scouting:
S.O.S/Subjugation- Rescue/Capture stranded dropship crew members from downed dropships. The game ends when the team with the most crew members have been extracted or the enemy team has been eliminated.

Liberation/Guard Duty- Capture/Defend Prison with POWs. The game ends when all prisons are captured or the attackers have been destroyed.

A little variety would help.

Edited by Will9761, 22 July 2016 - 02:52 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users