62 replies to this topic

#21 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 June 2015 - 07:54 PM

Ideally Pgi and Harebrained to collaborate. Pgi could focus on PvP and Harebrained on PvE. Also, if they did individual campaigns, some could be Mechwarrior and others Mech Commander.

Another thing is we should be able to play the PvE campaigns after MWO eventually dies.

#22 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 June 2015 - 06:39 PM

How much would you be willing to pay for A. Survival, linear co-op missions? I.E. simple stuff. B. More complicated campaigns, 10+ missions per faction, voice acted, etc? What would you expect from a $30+ campaign?

#23 mark v92

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 441 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:26 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 06 June 2015 - 07:21 PM, said:

I'd say each campaign, depending on length & quality could go for about $30-$40 each campaign.

we got 10 factions which means if you want to play the complete singeplayer game it will cost you 300 - 400 bucks.

You cant be serious right?

I could buy mass effect 6 to 8 times with that (when it was 50 bucks)
It took me at least 30 hours to complete that game.

So yeah make it 300 - 400 bucks but then i expect at least 180 to 240 hours of singleplayer content with an engaging storyline thats completely different per faction.

just saying

#24 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 June 2015 - 10:26 PM

View Postmark v92, on 11 June 2015 - 07:26 PM, said:

we got 10 factions which means if you want to play the complete singeplayer game it will cost you 300 - 400 bucks.

You cant be serious right?

I could buy mass effect 6 to 8 times with that (when it was 50 bucks)
It took me at least 30 hours to complete that game.

So yeah make it 300 - 400 bucks but then i expect at least 180 to 240 hours of singleplayer content with an engaging storyline thats completely different per faction.

just saying

When I came up with those prices I was also taking into consideration how much mech packs & heroes go for. Obviously I'd like it to be cheaper but I was thinking about it being worth it on an individual basis, not as a collection.
I'd say, if you bought all faction campaigns together you'd get a sizeable discount.

#25 Dingo Battler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 357 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:01 PM

L4D modes style PVE would be amazing.

L4D survivor mode - Defending your base from a swarm of enemy mechs to see how long you can last.
Standard L4D - Having a convoy of battlemechs running through hostile territory to link up with main body of troops. Fight a 150 ton superheavy as a boss (they exist in the BT cannon)
L4D Zombie mode - Assault a heavily armed convoy/base

Add on a moving base where you can refill your weapons a set amount of times, and that'll balance ballistics VS energy weapons

Difficulty to change the number and class of enemy mechs

That way, PVE doesn't have to be a single campaign whose replay value ends the moment you finish it. Heaps of different modes and replayability, with the very hard modes being impossible to win unless you have a full 8/12-man unit that trains regularly to defeat it, plus a bit of luck

Rewards linked to PVE bonuses (just like WOW item drops), such as more reloads at HQ, data as to where enemy mechs will come from, artillery/airstrikes(PVE only), backup mechs, etc.

#26 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 June 2015 - 07:20 AM

View PostKBurn85, on 11 June 2015 - 11:01 PM, said:

L4D modes style PVE would be amazing.

L4D survivor mode - Defending your base from a swarm of enemy mechs to see how long you can last.
Standard L4D - Having a convoy of battlemechs running through hostile territory to link up with main body of troops. Fight a 150 ton superheavy as a boss (they exist in the BT cannon)
L4D Zombie mode - Assault a heavily armed convoy/base

Add on a moving base where you can refill your weapons a set amount of times, and that'll balance ballistics VS energy weapons

Difficulty to change the number and class of enemy mechs

That way, PVE doesn't have to be a single campaign whose replay value ends the moment you finish it. Heaps of different modes and replayability, with the very hard modes being impossible to win unless you have a full 8/12-man unit that trains regularly to defeat it, plus a bit of luck

Rewards linked to PVE bonuses (just like WOW item drops), such as more reloads at HQ, data as to where enemy mechs will come from, artillery/airstrikes(PVE only), backup mechs, etc.

Yeah, I could get behind this.

My original idea was that pgi would continuously release new and different Pve content. Whether it be a campaign or some other mode.

#27 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:11 AM

What if PGI simply remastered MW3 or 4? I think that'd be a relatively easy way to introduce a campaign.

#28 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:39 PM

Campaigns could be DLC expansions also. new content and ways for Mechwarriors to earn creds etc. Modules they could be called and would be a proper use of the word finally for Mechwarrior since the current use would be modifications I think. :)

If they make the base game robust enough then even a series of stand alone DLC quests/stories/expansions would be must haves. Make it sim even to have these quests go to different areas of the galaxy and buying the dlc would be part of gearing up for the expedition. Again with extremely limited new weapon content or mech content. One of each for example at most.

Again the base game would have to be robust enough for these expansion to be truely profitable and there for top quality.

Orion sector expedition DLC.... My astronomy knowledge is none existant but something like that. :)

Those bird aliens as playable character option or NPC option of some sort always comes to mind with expansions or things like this.

However Mechwarrior goes about it, just as long as there is some coherence to it, worste possible thing is if its a mess where players have no idea what to get or where to start and that sort of thing. STO although I dont play it, comes to mind etc. Its story is incoherent. 10 completely independant modules would be coherent for example. This way players wouldnt feel like they have to get them all or may be getting the wrong one.

Fallout 3 DLC did ok with expansions. If Mechwarrior brought a sim element like gearing up for an expedition to the mix then that would be doing DLC in an excellent way, rather than ok.

Edited by Johnny Z, 16 June 2015 - 01:01 PM.

#29 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:34 AM

Here's a link to another Pve thread with good ideas http://mwomercs.com/...ut-mega-thread/

View PostJohnny Z, on 16 June 2015 - 12:39 PM, said:

Campaigns could be DLC expansions also. new content and ways for Mechwarriors to earn creds etc. Modules they could be called and would be a proper use of the word finally for Mechwarrior since the current use would be modifications I think. :)

If they make the base game robust enough then even a series of stand alone DLC quests/stories/expansions would be must haves. Make it sim even to have these quests go to different areas of the galaxy and buying the dlc would be part of gearing up for the expedition. Again with extremely limited new weapon content or mech content. One of each for example at most.

Again the base game would have to be robust enough for these expansion to be truely profitable and there for top quality.

Orion sector expedition DLC.... My astronomy knowledge is none existant but something like that. :)

Those bird aliens as playable character option or NPC option of some sort always comes to mind with expansions or things like this.

However Mechwarrior goes about it, just as long as there is some coherence to it, worste possible thing is if its a mess where players have no idea what to get or where to start and that sort of thing. STO although I dont play it, comes to mind etc. Its story is incoherent. 10 completely independant modules would be coherent for example. This way players wouldnt feel like they have to get them all or may be getting the wrong one.

Fallout 3 DLC did ok with expansions. If Mechwarrior brought a sim element like gearing up for an expedition to the mix then that would be doing DLC in an excellent way, rather than ok.

Excellent post. Although this very similar to my original idea.

Edited by TheArisen, 24 June 2015 - 10:42 PM.

#30 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 June 2015 - 06:52 AM

Would it be cool if Pgi made a cockpit item specifically for those who complete a a campaign? Kind of like the event based items.

How many missions would be in a $20 dollar campaign? 8? 12?

#31 Greenjulius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 24 June 2015 - 06:57 AM

PVE is probably my most wanted feature in MWO besides more game modes and maps. I'm sure the focus is probably never going to be there, but we can always dream...

#32 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:10 AM

Russ did say that it's on the table last live stream. Hopefully we'll get some updates. Someone ought to ask him.

#33 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:22 PM

View PostAce Selin, on 06 June 2015 - 08:13 PM, said:

NO PVE until PVP is done right and completed

Dude pvp is as good as it is going to get.

#34 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:25 PM

Sadly people don't check the suggestion forums.

I typed this up so long ago

http://mwomercs.com/...87#entry4028087

#35 Lykaon

• 3,815 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:25 PM

View PostAce Selin, on 06 June 2015 - 08:13 PM, said:

NO PVE until PVP is done right and completed

Well since PvP by it's very nature will ALWAYS be evolving and changing we can not even pin down what "done right" even is.

So we have to assume PvP ballance will be continuing and evolving process that will of course cost money to perform.

So,if PGI needed to find additional revenue streams beyond what we have currently to fund the continuing and evolving process of PvP ballance how would you go about doing that?

I know my spending has dropped off dramaticly.PGI isn't making that much revenue off players like me anymore.I have a sizeable stable of mechs with plenty of options open to me that new "pay to play now" mechs have no major appeal. I can wait until they are available for C-bills.

I would however in a heartbeat buy PvE content.

A PvE game mode could potentially increase the player base increase revenue and provide players who would normaly not participate in PvP an introduction to player vs player gaming.In addition a co operative PvE campaign mode would provide an excellent means of instuction for new players since a veteran player could play the campaign with them and offer instuction.MWo has a steep learning curve so every little bit helps.

Edited by Lykaon, 24 June 2015 - 03:26 PM.

#36 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:56 PM

View PostLykaon, on 24 June 2015 - 03:25 PM, said:

Well since PvP by it's very nature will ALWAYS be evolving and changing we can not even pin down what "done right" even is.

So we have to assume PvP ballance will be continuing and evolving process that will of course cost money to perform.

So,if PGI needed to find additional revenue streams beyond what we have currently to fund the continuing and evolving process of PvP ballance how would you go about doing that?

I know my spending has dropped off dramaticly.PGI isn't making that much revenue off players like me anymore.I have a sizeable stable of mechs with plenty of options open to me that new "pay to play now" mechs have no major appeal. I can wait until they are available for C-bills.

A PvE game mode could potentially increase the player base increase revenue and provide players who would normaly not participate in PvP an introduction to player vs player gaming.In addition a co operative PvE campaign mode would provide an excellent means of instuction for new players since a veteran player could play the campaign with them and offer instuction.MWo has a steep learning curve so every little bit helps.

How I felt since the game came out I've done nothing but push for it!!!
Im tagging Russ on this in Twitter

Edited by Imperius, 24 June 2015 - 03:57 PM.

#37 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 June 2015 - 05:30 PM

View PostImperius, on 24 June 2015 - 02:25 PM, said:

Sadly people don't check the suggestion forums.

I typed this up so long ago

http://mwomercs.com/...87#entry4028087

Yeah I've been advertising your thread here.

View PostLykaon, on 24 June 2015 - 03:25 PM, said:

Well said, anti pve ppl need to understand that PvP would be be improved by the addition of pve.

#38 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:47 PM

Does anyone have any storyline ideas? I think it'd be awesome to work with Victor and finish the campaign by destroying the Smoke Jags.

#39 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 24 June 2015 - 11:05 PM

I am not so much for Pve as for good game play which would inlude of course a good story and atmosphere. PVE, Galaxy map, Solaris, mechbay, and hopefully other important features all together would make this game epic.

I have sort of lotted PVE in with the missing story and atmosphere part of the game. PVE would have to add to those in a serious way to be successfull, for me anyway. Its a complete vaccume at the moment.

Edited by Johnny Z, 24 June 2015 - 11:07 PM.

#40 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:09 AM

some ideas

You have a hangar, underground, 4 mech bays that you start with
You can walk up to you're mechs, enter they're cockpit leave through a gate into a map as training grounds, shoot stuff and try out you're builds right there

A dropships waits to bring you to a campaign
You could even defend you're base with some AI help/friend(s) from waves of enemy's

You can expand the hangar for cash, can buy a golf cart if it gets too big to walk around in
Could have a room/lobby where trophies are stored, aquarium for fish, cockpit items placed, flags on wall, ...
Could upgrade you're home in looks and what it could do ...
This all could be tied to rewards from CW, PvE, PvP, tournaments, Solaris ...

This would be such a money maker
Add some modding ability from community

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users