92 replies to this topic

#81 Kristov Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 12:10 PM

View PostDimento Graven, on 10 June 2015 - 08:30 AM, said:

The key, by your own words, being 'purposeful'.

Some of the circumstances you mention get people TK'd, accidentally, and PGI has more or less said, "Yeah that's gonna happen, try and be careful."

Yes, TKing can happen by accident, PGI realizes this and makes allowances for it when it's reported.

Using a hack, that's not an accidental thing, especially since one must seek out the website it's sold on, PAY for it, install it, and then set it up ingame before one can use it. Since this is not an accidental thing, there are NO allowances for using a hack, it's not allowed at all for any reason at any time.

And I feel the same way you do about Bad Kitty, as I said, comments made by Bad about cheating and use of hacks, they just do NOT sit right by me at all. Not the only person whom I have those feelings for based on comments they made about the 64.

#82 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 10 June 2015 - 01:12 PM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 09 June 2015 - 11:24 PM, said:

why not? it's not your business, quiaff?

It's everyone's business if a unit condones having cheaters on their team.

We all have a vested interest in being engaged in fair battles on a level playing field.

Edited by Appogee, 10 June 2015 - 01:14 PM.

#83 Dimento Graven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 01:14 PM

View PostAppogee, on 10 June 2015 - 01:12 PM, said:

We all have a vested interest in being engaged in fair battles with honorable opponents.
Dude... Dude... "Hackworth" Rangers? On this thread?

That's just damn funny!

I know, I know, no one in your unit "hacks", but still, it's damn funny...

#84 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 01:18 PM

View PostAppogee, on 10 June 2015 - 01:12 PM, said:

We all have a vested interest in being engaged in fair battles on a level playing field.

so, you call the op a cheater for asking to stop harassment of their unit in one thread and questioning what cheating is in another thread (a silly one, but still harmless)

welp, i was called a cheater in the previous thread for saying that team treason is worse than aimbot, lol

#85 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 01:26 PM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 10 June 2015 - 01:18 PM, said:

so, you call the op a cheater for asking to stop harassment of their unit in one thread and questioning what cheating is in another thread
Is that how you interpret the OP's post?

To me it reads like he is making the case that "PGI is cheating" and "Modders are cheating" to imply that other forms of cheating are ok. This is classic cheater rationalisation of why it's ok for them to cheat.

If this line of illogic was coming from someone other than a person in a unit found to have been led by many proven cheaters, then perhaps more benign interpretations would be plausible.

#86 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 01:30 PM

View PostDimento Graven, on 10 June 2015 - 01:14 PM, said:

Dude... Dude... "Hackworth" Rangers? On this thread? That's just damn funny! I know, I know, no one in your unit "hacks", but still, it's damn funny...

Yeah, the irony is not lost on me :) But it's the actual surname of our unit's founder ... wish he'd just been called "Smith".

I take solace in the thought that PGI has almost certainly checked us all out, and given us a clean bill of health.

In fact, they probably spectated us, saw that we were shooting and missing targets most of the time, and no damage was registering when we did hit, and said "yup, working as intended". ;)

Edited by Appogee, 10 June 2015 - 01:38 PM.

#87 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 01:35 PM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 10 June 2015 - 01:18 PM, said:

so, you call the op a cheater for asking to stop harassment of their unit in one thread and questioning what cheating is in another thread (a silly one, but still harmless)

welp, i was called a cheater in the previous thread for saying that team treason is worse than aimbot, lol
You weren't called a cheater by me, I only asked if a specific one of the 64 banned accounts was yours due to a somewhat obscure similarity in names...

Edited by Dimento Graven, 10 June 2015 - 01:37 PM.

#88 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 02:07 PM

View PostAppogee, on 10 June 2015 - 01:26 PM, said:

Is that how you interpret the OP's post?

To me it reads like he is making the case that "PGI is cheating" and "Modders are cheating" to imply that other forms of cheating are ok. This is classic cheater rationalisation of why it's ok for them to cheat.

If this line of illogic was coming from someone other than a person in a unit found to have been led by many proven cheaters, then perhaps more benign interpretations would be plausible.

yes, this thread is an obvious attempt to undermine the unanimous opinion that cheating is universally bad, a silly attempt, that's why i called the thread silly

but you should understand why it was made, his previous thread was a request to stop harassment of their unit for the deeds of some former members of its, did you remember what the forum answered? 'your unit should be disbanded, you had to be like 228th fink regiment, had to spy on your unit members and immediately inform pgi, if you didn't spy on your friends you are guilty of cheating too' etc etc, obviously you pushed him to try to justify the actions of cheaters, you made him share cheaters' fault and nobody likes to be heavily blamed when they personally didn't do anything bad

Edited by bad arcade kitty, 10 June 2015 - 02:08 PM.

#89 KHETTI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationIn transit to 1 of 4 possible planets

Posted 10 June 2015 - 02:11 PM

"Fly with the crows, get shot with the crows!"

#90 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 02:14 PM

View PostKHETTI, on 10 June 2015 - 02:11 PM, said:

in soviet russia mwo crows shoot you... :3

#91 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 10 June 2015 - 02:15 PM

View PostKHETTI, on 10 June 2015 - 02:11 PM, said:

Posted Image

#92 Chafe

• PipPip
  • Colonel II
  • Colonel II
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 04:33 AM

OP may wish to cheat by licensing a brain before attempting to post again

#93 Triskelion