92 replies to this topic

#41 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:09 PM

Cheaters always try to rationalise their cheating, claiming it was "the devs' fault for allowing it", or that others cheating "made them have to cheat".

When so many of a unit's leadership are found to be cheats, and we still have members of that unit trying to justify cheating in threads like this, I think it's time to ban that unit's tag.

I would also expect that any members of the unit who aren't morally supportive of cheating will have left the unit anyway in sheer embarrassment at having been associating with cheaters.

#42 MikeBend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 536 posts
  • LocationUnderhive

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:10 PM

To OP - cheating is when you do the babysitter, while your wife is away. Not sure PGI does that though. :ph34r:

#43 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:11 PM

View Postchaas, on 09 June 2015 - 08:08 PM, said:

Can we please get a mod to close this thread?

Why? I think it's important for the rest of us to know that the 66AH still harbors members who bizarrely try to rationalise their unit's cheating as being acceptable.

Is Utontihso still a member of 66AH? If so, why?

Edited by Appogee, 09 June 2015 - 11:21 PM.

#44 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:24 PM

>Is Utontihso still a member of 66AH? If so, why?

why not? it's not your business, quiaff?

#45 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 10 June 2015 - 01:16 AM

PGI needs to liquidate that team in it's entirety. If the continued posting by this clown isn't enough evidence that they are as a whole dishonest and a disruption I don't know what is.

At a minimum every single one wearing that tag has proven they have no honor by not leaving themselves.

#46 Templar Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 01:42 AM

View Postutontihso, on 09 June 2015 - 06:50 PM, said:

the only reason we cheated was because we thought we'd get away with it

FYP

#47 GeistHrafn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 450 posts
  • LocationMB, Canada

Posted 10 June 2015 - 04:31 AM

Nope. Just nope.

You realize that starting threads like this is having the exact opposite effect you wanted in your "harassment" whine thread, right? Seriously, lay off the drugs dude.

#48 TB Freelancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 783 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:25 AM

As it stands PGI is banning offending accounts but allowing guys to come back with fresh ones, most aren't going to risk loosing everything again, those few stupid enough to become repeat offenders are going to get dealt with more permanently....

....PGI is on it so I don't see what there is to get worked up about.

#49 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:37 AM

IE steroids

I think we call that Google Chrome. :lol:

Seriously though, I consider cheating to be anything that gives you an unfair advantage on the battlefield that is not a part of the game. I make exception for Teamspeak 3 because the MWO VOIP isn't so good yet. Anything else, in my book, is a crutch designed to make the game easier to win.

As for your post in its entirety, I must ask you; did you eat some random mushrooms you found growing in the forest?

#50 TB Freelancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 783 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:51 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 10 June 2015 - 05:37 AM, said:

As for your post in its entirety, I must ask you; did you eat some random mushrooms you found growing in the forest?

With the kind of reasoning, the OP strikes me more as the spray paint or gasoline huffin' type. I'm pretty sure I saw the OP on an episode of COPS a few years back and he said gold gives the best high.

That's not the OP....

Posted Image

....probably.

#51 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:51 AM

Seriously though, I consider cheating to be anything that gives you an unfair advantage on the battlefield that is not a part of the game. I make exception for Teamspeak 3 because the MWO VOIP isn't so good yet. Anything else, in my book, is a crutch designed to make the game easier to win.

well by your definition a multi-button mouse is a cheating

#52 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:08 AM

I am looking to understand what people call cheating. I know what I think it is... what's your take ?

If you use an external software, plug in, system, Information gathering device / software to achieve an end result you are not capable of achieving in a reasonable time....

IE steroids, it changes the base level of a person to achieve a level of physical performance they could not other wise achieve.

under that exact preface....

PGI itself is cheating. They use 3rd party software non stop "the crisis engine they did not design". It allowed them to put out a product they most likely couldn't do in a timely manner considering the late stage of MWO's progress even with this "cheat".

A cheater is locked into narrow windows to preform.

We cant make destructable items ( crysis had them ? ), mechs arms get taken off ....?

Utontihso

P.S.
Game Developers build their own game, MODDER's achieve a result they couldn't other wise.

Players play the game legit, BOT's achieve a result they couldn't other wise.

We ran into a few of your unit guys last night (two maps with CJF) and they were pretty cool.

This post... It kinda boggles the mind and can't bring anything but bad attention to you all. What was the rational behind even posting it?

#53 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:14 AM

View PostAnarcho, on 09 June 2015 - 08:31 PM, said:

I was going to open a new topic to ask, but this one seens more apropriate...

Do we have a cheat to avoid damage going on??? Because I know HSR and hit reg can be buggy sometimes, but 6x30dmg (small laser nova) against a thunderbolt CT, in optimal range? And the armor only gets orange?

Heard about some dire whales taking many alphas from multiple.mechs around, while shutdown and not dying either...

So, is something fishy going on with that?

Sir. You did not get 6x30 damage in the exact same spot on a Thunderbolt in an active game.

#54 Kristov Kerensky

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:18 AM

First, if the OP is still part of the unit, WTBF is wrong with you people? Remove that person ASAP.

Although at this point, after multiple threads where that person has tried to rationalize the cheating, I think you would seriously be better off disbanding the unit and either creating a new one or merging with some other unit.

Just don't take the OP with you....seriously....

#55 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:24 AM

I am looking to understand what people call cheating. I know what I think it is... what's your take ?
If you use an external software, plug in, system, Information gathering device / software to achieve an end result you are not capable of achieving in a reasonable time....
IE steroids, it changes the base level of a person to achieve a level of physical performance they could not other wise achieve.
under that exact preface....
PGI itself is cheating. They use 3rd party software non stop "the crisis engine they did not design". It allowed them to put out a product they most likely couldn't do in a timely manner considering the late stage of MWO's progress even with this "cheat".
A cheater is locked into narrow windows to preform.
We cant make destructable items ( crysis had them ? ), mechs arms get taken off ....?
Utontihso
P.S.
Game Developers build their own game, MODDER's achieve a result they couldn't other wise.
Players play the game legit, BOT's achieve a result they couldn't other wise.

Sounds like someone at PGI needs to look into this player's games.......

#56 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:31 AM

hey now.... please don't give mushroom eaters a bad name, I know I look forward to mushroom hunting season every year out in my neck of the woods. You don't see me making crazy ass post's on here. :lol:

#57 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:34 AM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 10 June 2015 - 05:51 AM, said:

well by your definition a multi-button mouse is a cheating

Talking software and programs here.

#58 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,477 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:40 AM

Cheating is breaking the rules of whatever game it is you are playing, sometimes as agreed upon by the players and sometimes decided by organisers (PGI in this case).

So for example if PGI said macros were against the rules then macros would be cheating, but now it isn't against the rules and therefore not cheating. The point is that it has to do with the rules and not with "unfair advantages" or anything else. It's what the rules allows or not, that's it, period.

#59 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:41 AM

View PostBill Lumbar, on 10 June 2015 - 06:31 AM, said:

hey now.... please don't give mushroom eaters a bad name, I know I look forward to mushroom hunting season every year out in my neck of the woods. You don't see me making crazy ass post's on here. :lol:

Hey now, I'm not the one giving them a bad name. That'll be the OP. :lol:

View PostSjorpha, on 10 June 2015 - 06:40 AM, said:

Cheating is breaking the rules of whatever game it is you are playing, sometimes as agreed upon by the players and sometimes decided by organisers (PGI in this case).

So for example if PGI said macros were against the rules then macros would be cheating, but now it isn't against the rules and therefore not cheating. The point is that it has to do with the rules and not with "unfair advantages" or anything else. It's what the rules allows or not, that's it, period.

Excellent sum-up!

#60 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:43 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 10 June 2015 - 06:41 AM, said:

Hey now, I'm not the one giving them a bad name. That'll be the OP. :lol:

Excellent sum-up!

Trust me.... he's not eating shrooms man! :lol:

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users