• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 09 June 2015 - 08:08 PM

View Postchaas, on 09 June 2015 - 07:47 PM, said:

The opinions expressed by the original poster reflect his own and may differ from those of the 66th Avalon Hussars ...

View PostFedayeen, on 09 June 2015 - 07:55 PM, said:

Uton's opinion does not reflect that of the other 66th members. That, and he's trying to troll. Badly. He's the reason we go through so much Excedrin for migraines. Please don't take him seriously.

Gee, he seems to be going out of his way to make you guys look bad. Maybe you should, I dunno, kick him out?

#22 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 08:11 PM

i would suggest on the contrary to ignore everybody who says bad things about their unit and proposes them to 'repudiate the actions' of their former teammates etc

the dogs bark, but the caravan goes on

#23 Naduk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 June 2015 - 08:22 PM

View Postutontihso, on 09 June 2015 - 06:50 PM, said:

I am looking to understand what people call cheating. I know what I think it is... what's your take ?

If you use an external software, plug in, system, Information gathering device / software to achieve an end result you are not capable of achieving in a reasonable time....

IE steroids, it changes the base level of a person to achieve a level of physical performance they could not other wise achieve.

under that exact preface....

PGI itself is cheating. They use 3rd party software non stop "the crisis engine they did not design". It allowed them to put out a product they most likely couldn't do in a timely manner considering the late stage of MWO's progress even with this "cheat".

A cheater is locked into narrow windows to preform.

We cant make destructable items ( crysis had them ? ), mechs arms get taken off ....?

Utontihso

P.S.
Game Developers build their own game, MODDER's achieve a result they couldn't other wise.

Players play the game legit, BOT's achieve a result they couldn't other wise.

So did you build your own car from scratch? Or did you cheat and just buy one?

Did you make your own video card ? Or did you jusnot heat and buy one to enhance your pc's performance?

Your clearly delusional
PGI purchased a developers license to cryengine
They did not cheat, they did not steal the developer version of cry engine, they did not hack their cry account to give them access to features they did not have access to, they did not hack cryteks server to get it either

They have created their own product
They have all the valid licenses and rights
They set the rules
PGI are not in a competition with us

FIFA did not invent soccer
But they run the world cup and they are the ones who issue bans for players breaking the rules

PGI did not invent battletech , they did build MWO and its 100% their product, they will dispense bans to people breaking the rules

Allowing your self to believe anything else is a delusion
If somebody is trying to convince you what they did was justifiable when they broke the rules, anything they say is pure fantasy and they need to wake up or you need new friends

#24 Anarcho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 538 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 08:31 PM

I was going to open a new topic to ask, but this one seens more apropriate...

Do we have a cheat to avoid damage going on??? Because I know HSR and hit reg can be buggy sometimes, but 6x30dmg (small laser nova) against a thunderbolt CT, in optimal range? And the armor only gets orange?

Heard about some dire whales taking many alphas from multiple.mechs around, while shutdown and not dying either...

So, is something fishy going on with that?

#25 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 08:35 PM

I couldn't bear to let this thread go untainted.

Posted Image

#26 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:17 PM

I am looking to understand what people call cheating. I know what I think it is... what's your take ?

If you use an external software, plug in, system, Information gathering device / software to achieve an end result you are not capable of achieving in a reasonable time....

IE steroids, it changes the base level of a person to achieve a level of physical performance they could not other wise achieve.

PGI itself is cheating. They use 3rd party software non stop "the crisis engine they did not design". It allowed them to put out a product they most likely couldn't do in a timely manner considering the late stage of MWO's progress even with this "cheat".

We cant make destructable items ( crysis had them ? ), mechs arms get taken off ....?

Utontihso

P.S.
Game Developers build their own game, MODDER's achieve a result they couldn't other wise.

Which of the 64 banned accounts was yours?

#27 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:22 PM

View PostFupDup, on 09 June 2015 - 06:57 PM, said:

I think he might be an alt of someone that got banned?

Anyways, on a serious note, a "cheat" must fulfill the following conditions to be a cheat:

2. Gives the cheater a competitive advantage over his/her fellow players.

Technically by that statement, using a macro would constitute cheating, but PGI has said that macros are allowed (I do not use macros btw, I am just simply stating a fact)

#28 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:25 PM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 09 June 2015 - 09:22 PM, said:

Technically by that statement, using a macro would constitute cheating, but PGI has said that macros are allowed (I do not use macros btw, I am just simply stating a fact)

that's why the first statement (which you omitted) mentions the game rules

#29 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:27 PM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 09 June 2015 - 09:25 PM, said:

that's why the first statement (which you omitted) mentions the game rules

Except PGI does not mention anything about macros in game rules, just like Sweetfx, etc. You have to do your own search to find out what is allowed and what is not.

#30 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:28 PM

you may consider their comments as additional clarifications of the game laws (:

#31 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:31 PM

Utontihso

P.S.

Posted Image

...........goes to look for booze so maybe OP might make some kind of sense? :wacko:

#32 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

I think it may be time for me to move to another faction if this is the kind of representation that is going to be present in the Falcons. Way to go OP, you have done what so many other people have failed at doing.

#33 ArchAngelWC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 230 posts
  • Locationaboard the Smoke Jaguar Warship, "Sabre Hawk" in orbit above the PGI office

If you have to rules lawyer, "what is a cheater"
It's probably you...

#34 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:35 PM

PGI, you see?

That's why ban must be hardware/windows serial based.

Otherwise, we'll never get rid of these clowns

#35 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:00 PM

That's an idiotic analogy.

The Crisis Engine is a game engine just like the Unreal or Source engines. They're tools that are "licensed" by law for game developers to develop games on.

To call that a cheat, you'd have to call the developers of the Crisis Engine cheaters as well, because they used programming tools like C++ to design them. C++ developers are cheaters because they are developed to utilize an operating system they did not design. The operating system developers are cheaters because they take advantage of binary language which they did not create. Binary language developers are cheaters because they borrowed from computer hardware, logic cores, and wiring. The computer hardware engineers cheated because they used soldering irons they did not make. The people who designed soldering irons are cheaters because they used machines that were made by more cheaters who used other people to make those machines, whom those people cheated because they used machines to create their machines to create machines, whom those people cheated as well, because they used machines to create their machines to create machines to create machines. Even those people cheated because they used parts to create their machines to create machines to create other machines to create machines to create machines, and even those people cheated because they used metals and materials they did not create. The planet those materials came from cheated because it borrowed from cosmic dust, which cheated because it borrowed from the Big Bang.

As of right now we are unsure if the Big Bang cheated or not. Possibly cheated off of God, whom we already know is a cheater for using God Mode.

Edited by Aresye Kerensky, 09 June 2015 - 10:09 PM.

#36 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:00 PM

View Postchaas, on 09 June 2015 - 07:47 PM, said:

The opinions expressed by the original poster reflect his own and may differ from those of the 66th Avalon Hussars ...

View PostFedayeen, on 09 June 2015 - 07:55 PM, said:

Uton's opinion does not reflect that of the other 66th members. That, and he's trying to troll. Badly. He's the reason we go through so much Excedrin for migraines. Please don't take him seriously.

Then it may be time for the 66AH to start policing yourselves. With the number of cheaters your command staff had and this knucklehead, your unit is turning out to be quite a joke.

#37 Eboli

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:34 PM

You must be an alt of a banned cheater.

First you complain about how your 66AH unit is suffering because of its leadership members were banned for cheating,how unfair it is that such unit is copping criticism by the player base and that PGI has done you wrong.

Now this... blaming PGI for using cheating software.

Your posts are not doing you or your unit any favors at all...

Just wow...

Eboli

#38 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:45 PM

and you just KNOW the OP had a big ole smug grin on his face as he was typing that out.

#39 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:51 PM

View PostFupDup, on 09 June 2015 - 06:57 PM, said:

I think he might be an alt of someone that got banned?

I doubt it:

Member Since 05 Nov 2013

Any ALTS that were around had all attached accounts banned in the wave, apparently.

I'm not remotely sure what the OP is getting at. I legitimately tried to understand what they were trying to say, then fed it into google translate on a whim thinking something may have been lost in translation.

Nope. No idea.

#40 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:05 PM

Utontihso

P.S.

Really? are you high?

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users