#41 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 January 2016 - 01:33 AM

View PostBassie, on 24 January 2016 - 07:35 PM, said:

Also, anyone ever run 12med lasers? How to manage that heat?? When I shoot 6 it takes what seems like forever for it to cool down again - feels like it needs a low heat weapons system, or just a bigger alpha (alpha shot, evade, evade, alpha shot...)

There's a reason people usually run the SPLs instead. However, the ERMLs would be perfect for a flanker build, you have your MASC to help you move around, and the range on the MLs should be more than enough to do some damage. Since you're at range, and should never get within 500 meters of another mech, you can cool off at your own leisure.

EXE-D

The biggest problem is the fact that you can't use all the tonnage.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 27 January 2016 - 01:36 AM.

#42 vanillaBeanz

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 02:15 PM

hey bassie grats on getting those executioners.
hope you been having as much fun on them as i have.
not sure how optimal my builds are but if it helps i went

for the A variant i dropped 1 lpl and added dhs and armour
for the D variant i dropped the srms and medpulse lasers
they still have some heat issues here and there though..

for the prime i dropped the gauss and went with 3 uac5s. (not sure how good this one is as i seem to be running out of ammo every game, no heat issues though)

#43 Bassie

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 04:54 PM

I am enjoying the exe's. I still find I'm learning how to position - it is a slow mech despite masc. it also favours some maps over others.

I have had my best games with a laser vomit build- 3 weapon groups: 1 - torso mounted 2 lpl and 1 Erml. 2 - left arm - 4 Erml on chain fire, gp : alpha. The right arm is a shield, given it has a centurion/awesome style plate on it. Chain fire erml's is my heat management system. And this build seems to pack in enough heat sinks for a reasonably fast heat dissipation. I'm finding that builds which use the 7 laser right arm (ESP with ersl) havent got enough pod space for heat sinks.

I'm coming to the conclusion that fewer weapon systems are better with this mech. It can laser spam as well as any other mech, but can't manage the heat due to reduced pod space (masc/jj).

I'm thinking of a 2uac5, 5ish Erml build, for mid range. For a closer range, maybe spl x 9 (4&5) and 2 srm6?

#44 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:24 PM

You could also try a UAC 20 with SPLs, or ERMLs.

#45 Virlutris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 27 January 2016 - 11:25 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 27 January 2016 - 10:24 PM, said:

You could also try a UAC 20 with SPLs, or ERMLs.

UAC20 and 10 cERSLs is really fun :D

10 cSPLs and 2 Streak 6 performs better than the regular SRMs, and uses the tonnage and slots better to boot. Also, bonuses from countering ECM with your Clan Active Probe ;)

Doo eet.

#46 The Landstrider

• Pip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 11:24 AM

Is the MASC really worth it at the moment? I feel like 4t could be used more effectively than for a short sprint booster...

#47 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 11:47 AM

On the EXE, MASC is worth it and getting some upcoming changes.

2 best builds I had.
2 UAC5 RT, about 3-4 ERML backup.
1 LPL in each side torso, 3-4 ERML backup.

#48 Bassie

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 67 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 05:15 PM

Masc gives more than a sprint. It allows you to turn n like a light while activated, which is pretty unique in such an otherwise clumsy mech.

I am finding the same 2 builds good wild streak! My third build that is going pretty well is 2 erll in the torso, 6 ersl in right hand and an lrm 20.
At close range I can fire all the lasers with no ghost heat. The ersls are only 3 tonnes so seem like an okay choice even if they don't get used. The erll and lrm seem to fire all game, Fromm 500-600m.

the 2 lpl, 4 Erml build is by far my best Exe, but sadly, far from my best mech. Still crunching through the elites, hoping the speed tweak makes a bit of difference!

#49 Steinkrieg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 144 posts
  • LocationNOLA

Posted 11 February 2016 - 02:33 PM

Still having lots of issues with mine. Everyone seems to want to hide behind you, and this mech is not a pusher, which then puts me in crap positioning with a few mechs stuck up my rear, disallowing me to do the quick corner pokes that I want to. I'd really like to assist train off of a DWF or Atlas pusher, but I have yet to get into a match where that happens. As others have mentioned, the CT is a damage magnet. The mech feels much less armored than it really is.

The most frustrating part about this mech for me is that builds that look like they should work well underperform. cERSLAS don't feel like they are doing the listed damage, even in Testing Grounds. Interestingly enough, the most successful build I have run recently is (3) cUAC/2 + (4) cERMLAS. EXE-A I tend to sit back with the snipers and LRMers until a push happens, then close to around 375m to allow the cERMLAS to get full damage hits in as I fastfire the cUAC/2s.

I feel it would be a much better mech if they let us remove jump jets. 8 extra tons would make this mech so much better.

#50 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 February 2016 - 04:03 PM

Actually, I'd say the EXE is THE clan assault mech that can lead a push. You're big, so you can take shots, and you are fast, and nimble, so you can spread the damage, plus you carry very respectable firepower.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 11 February 2016 - 04:03 PM.

#51 Steinkrieg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 144 posts
  • LocationNOLA

Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:21 PM

Sure, if you want to get gibbed in 20 seconds, do 180 dmg, and get no kills, you can lead that push.

#52 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 February 2016 - 09:21 PM

Either you lead the charge properly, and hopefully your team won't get you killed, or stay in the back, have them hide behind you, and end up getting sniped to death.

#53 Steinkrieg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 144 posts
  • LocationNOLA

Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:52 AM

When I say pusher, I mean frontal assault into a brawl situation. I am not talking about a flank push into an already engaged enemy. Team comp has not allowed for me to try that consistently. I've been leading charges 'properly' since closed beta in the Atlas, then the Highlander, in Stalkers, BLRs, even Phracts, and more recently in DWFs and WHKs. I've yet to lead a successful push in an EXE, partly due to the drops being full of tards or people that don't respect the mech since it has a rep of being DOA, partly due to the EXE getting CT cored faster than most of my heavies, and the lack of the EXE being able to spike out massive damage when compared to contemporary pushers.

Case and point. Last night I ended up leading a push that the self appointed drop commander called for...and as soon as I targeted the enemy DWF, those pushing behind me stopped pushing, even though I was already committed. The next match I played more conservatively, letting the other assaults get into the brawl first, then was able to do quite well as skirmisher/finisher. I hate having to play a 95 ton assault like a medium mech, but until it gets a better rep and some more narrowing of the CT hitbox, it won't be able to be the push leader that it should be.

#54 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 February 2016 - 10:33 AM

I was talking about leading a charge head on, not from a flank, although the Executioner is better as a flanker. The problem here is still the same: It's not the mech, or your piloting, it's the wimps on your team who abandoned you.

#55 Virlutris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 12 February 2016 - 11:02 AM

To be fair though IW, the EXE does get CT-cored pretty easily, whether you got hung out to dry by the team or not.

It's hard to do much but roll damage as the lead mech on a push without getting cored and going CT-orange. Even rolling damage like a boss, that CT still picks up a lot of incoming fire.

I like my EXE a lot, but I can't not admit that the CT soaks a lot of damage.

#56 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 February 2016 - 11:53 AM

I agree on that regard.

#57 Steinkrieg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 144 posts
  • LocationNOLA

Posted 12 February 2016 - 11:54 AM

Yeah, people suck. It's why I don't favor solo play and would rather play with my lance, but that's not always an option. All things equal, the CT hitbox is still too large.

#58 Steinkrieg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 144 posts
  • LocationNOLA

Posted 15 February 2016 - 09:08 AM

Quick update - spent some GXP to get Speed Tweak on one of the EXE. It moves like a completely different 'mech. Had some great success with it over the weekend. Running cUAC/20, cLPLAS, & (4) cERSLAS. Averaged 487 damage a match, 1.7 kills, 7.4 assists, and no deaths. Played it as a late match pusher or as a main assist pusher with DWFs and AS7s. The 'mech is turning out to be pretty amazing once I got my loadout and play strategy down. I can't wait to see what the buffs to MASC do to this hidden beast.

#59 Josef Koba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 527 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 09:34 AM

I'm a big fan of the Executioner. I love the way it looks, honestly, and I just feel good piloting it. That's not to say I always do well, but I've found it to be pretty effective overall. Surprisingly so, in fact. I run a variety of builds, though they escape me at the moment. One (D) uses a LPL, a slew of SPL and some SRM6s. I think I even ran one with two ERPPCs, which worked pretty well. I realize it's not a popular mech for a variety of reasons, but I enjoy it. I'm by no means an expert on using MASC yet; I've got to find a button that works better than the default, and most of my other buttons are already mapped to other functions. I'm curious to see how they change MASC, though.

#60 Steinkrieg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 144 posts
  • LocationNOLA

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:07 AM

Patch notes says that the speed increase for the cMASC IV will be increased from a 19% bonus to speed to a 30% bonus to speed. Given that the math shows that the speed increase is really only a 16% bonus ( 69.2 / 0.81 = 85.4, not the 82.x that it really does in game)... I'm thinking they are doing the math as (69.2 x 19%) + 69.2, which doesn't give you 19% on top of max. If it is calculated as a true 30% increase over max, then it should run at 98.85 kph while using MASC. I have a feeling that the devs will be using the wrong formula again, which will result in (69.2 x 30%) + 69.2 = 89.96 kph.

The formula that I consider correct is the same formula that businesses use when marking up from wholesale to retail cost to show a true increase of the percentage wanted on top of what the original value is instead of a percentage of the original value. Given that MASC originally was to double the walking speed of a mech, an EXE after speed tweak would walk at 5 and run at 7. A true doubling would make it walk at 10, which would be approximately 100 kph in game, making the formula I think is the correct formula to use closer to what MASC was originally intended to do.

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users