Gauss

62 replies to this topic

#61 Torezu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 329 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 03:02 PM

View PostBoulangerie, on 28 October 2015 - 02:58 AM, said:

IMO it is a bit underwhelming when equipping just one IS gauss (unless you are bringing the Grid Iron), but once you have two of them rocking, it is great! If using a single Gauss, you are taking a chance having it in your ST, so you had better make the most of it.

I disagree on both counts. I run a BNC-3S with gauss, 2 LPLs, and 4 MLs. The gauss is in a torso by itself, heavily armored, and is good for follow-up critical shots or weakening an armor section for when the lasers burn in.

#62 Boulangerie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 09:52 AM

View PostTorezu, on 28 October 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

I disagree on both counts. I run a BNC-3S with gauss, 2 LPLs, and 4 MLs. The gauss is in a torso by itself, heavily armored, and is good for follow-up critical shots or weakening an armor section for when the lasers burn in.

If you are pairing it with other, complementary weapons (usually Lasers to take advantage of the low heat of Gauss), I agree it can be great pinpoint front loaded damage added into the mix. I still think it's a little underwhelming for the tonnage when you are only loading one.

As far as putting it into a ST goes, that is dependent on the mech in question. I can't see myself loading it into, for example, any Atlas RT and expect to not have it Pop on me pretty quickly. Are the BNC ST pretty friendly or have armor quirks? Either way, it's taking a great risk, especially if you are running more armament in the arm that might drop off in case of weapon explosion. If it fits your playstyle and you feel it's worth taking the risk go for it! I'm not trying to tell people how to build their mechs, just putting in my opinion here.

#63 TLBFestus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 08:30 AM

View PostKBurn85, on 14 June 2015 - 07:10 PM, said:

(3MB is on the side of the mouse) so that might be what's holding me back.

For myself, I find that if i use a side placed mouse button, I tend to "push" my shots whenever I hit it. I have 3 buttons (mouse wheel can be a button and scroll too) so I rarely have weapons groups set up past 3 buttons to avoid the side buttons.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users