46 replies to this topic

#41 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:04 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 15 June 2015 - 09:36 AM, said:

"Save Configuration" feature is Lostech.

One thing the Steam horde will notice right away.

And one can also imagine how many "broken" Saves that try to be loaded after the owner "sold" that one "piece" of Tech the week before but "forgot" and then blames PGI for "stealing" their "sold but forgot" ****... ;)

Perhaps a Save Mech that then prevents any gear that is in use to be "Sold" unless first removed from the offending chassis. That would go over just as well likely.

"WTF! I have to actually Open a Saved Config to Sell a f'ing component? Fudge those lazy ba**rds at PGI..."

Thus a "No Save" policy would appear to be saving us from at least 50% more Forum whines... ;)

Edited by Almond Brown, 16 June 2015 - 10:05 AM.

#42 Roadkill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:12 AM

I strip modules so that I don't have to buy 200+ of those, but otherwise I keep my Mechs fully equipped. I guess I have a handful that are missing engines because they use large, expensive XLs, but otherwise everything's good to go at all times.

#43 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:06 PM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 16 June 2015 - 10:04 AM, said:

And one can also imagine how many "broken" Saves that try to be loaded after the owner "sold" that one "piece" of Tech the week before but "forgot" and then blames PGI for "stealing" their "sold but forgot" ****... ;)

Perhaps a Save Mech that then prevents any gear that is in use to be "Sold" unless first removed from the offending chassis. That would go over just as well likely.

"WTF! I have to actually Open a Saved Config to Sell a f'ing component? Fudge those lazy ba**rds at PGI..."

Thus a "No Save" policy would appear to be saving us from at least 50% more Forum whines... ;)

Better to have forum whines, than have negative Steam review. PGI don't give a damn about the former.

#44 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:41 PM

I periodicly strip everything (bar my 2-3 'workhorse' mechs), then rebuild as an when I need, to make sure I don't have random gear on mechs I'm not using right now.

Then as I go, mechs will be either ready to go, just need an engine, or be stripped / part stripped for other mechs, until the next 'reset'.

It'd be kinda nice if we could 'archive' certain mechs, keeping only the ones we're working on atm 'handy'.

#45 Ted Wayz

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:50 PM

198 mechs all fully fitted and ready to rock.

From fitting them I must have sold at least 50 small lasers. Seems every mech has one random one stuck somewhere. It is a GD anti-vehicle weapon in a game without vehicles. Same as the MG is an anti-infantry weapon in a game without infantry. Would anybody miss them if they were removed? (Small pulses can stay as they have some use on Nova builds)

#46 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:16 AM

View PostTed Wayz, on 16 June 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

198 mechs all fully fitted and ready to rock.

From fitting them I must have sold at least 50 small lasers. Seems every mech has one random one stuck somewhere. It is a GD anti-vehicle weapon in a game without vehicles. Same as the MG is an anti-infantry weapon in a game without infantry. Would anybody miss them if they were removed? (Small pulses can stay as they have some use on Nova builds)

My Lurm boats use them as back up weapons. CSL deals 5 damage at 200 meters, just over the LRM minimum range. Slap four of them and I can do 20 damage alpha for only 2 tons worth of weight. That's like having 4 ISMLs.

Edited by El Bandito, 17 June 2015 - 02:16 AM.

#47 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:07 AM

150+ mechs
~50-80 mechs fully equipped -modules
~20-40 mechs equipped -engines & modules
CW deck fullu equipped
rest fully stripped

I will always strip non-consumable modules off the mech after I stop playing session with it.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users