351 replies to this topic

#221 JigglyMoobs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 12:02 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 07 April 2016 - 07:59 PM, said:

We are just having a polite discussion here. You don't have to take out your Wang and wave it about. :P

#222 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 08 April 2016 - 12:45 PM

View PostJigglyMoobs, on 08 April 2016 - 12:02 PM, said:

We are just having a polite discussion here. You don't have to take out your Wang and wave it about. Posted Image

ROFL, that got weird. Posted Image

#223 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 08 April 2016 - 04:00 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 07 April 2016 - 07:59 PM, said:

Just to make sure we're all on the same page here, this is what one-shotting is:

This is what MechWarrior is:

Not so much one-shotty. Weapon overhauls are not required; just torso twist more effectively and don't try to take on the entire enemy team at one time. Or, if you can't do that, then wait for Power Draw. That should help with the focus firing to a certain extent.

As for strikes headshotting you, well, that's pilot error and not the fault of the strike. If you get hit by a strike, it's because you made a mistake. It's rare to take a direct shell strike now with all the nerfs, so all you really get is splash damage. The headshotting only occurs when you lose all your cockpit armor and the splash damage triggers a crit against your head. To prevent this, add armor to your cockpit. That should solve your problem entirely.

Stikes is not pilot error, that's Working as Intended™
35>33, simple as that.
Max armour, nothing you can do about that.
Praise be RNGeesus

May he fondle your face forever.

Here's some one-shotting

Over 800M, but he had 12 armour.

Was it CT? Dunno, didn't look damaged to me.
You can see the paperdoll for a second, nearly 100% fresh, with the head missing.

Well, this was a one-shot on my part, but he wasn't exactly fresh.

I'm sure Mr GGclose himself would LOVE to hear from you to torso twist and git gud
Or to mount more than 18 armour on his Whale's face.

Is it a problem? I don't like the Gauss being the best Crit weapon in the game.

#224 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 04:56 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 08 April 2016 - 04:00 PM, said:

Stikes is not pilot error, that's Working as Intended™
35>33, simple as that.
Max armour, nothing you can do about that.
Praise be RNGeesus

May he fondle your face forever.

That's only if the arty shell directly strikes your cockpit hitbox.

To date, I've never had that happen, nor do I know of anyone who has. What I do see, is cockpits with stripped armor being critted by strike splash damage. Even though the splash damage may only be a small bit of the overall strike damage, it still triggers a crit at the full 35 points. That's the only time that you ever have to worry about being one-shotted by a strike. It's very rare though, and almost never happens if you bother to equip armor on your cockpit. If you don't, well, in that case, you're kind of begging for it.

As for pilot error, it definitely is the pilot's error. If you sit still for too long and let someone arty you, then that's your fault for giving your enemy that opportunity. Here's an example of proper piloting: I was in a BLR last night and had someone put a strike on me after I rocked out and shot at him. He was clever, placing the strike on the ground behind me rather than on me specifically. He wanted to hide the telltale smoke. However, I knew better than to just rock back behind cover and then stop moving; I rocked back and continued backpedaling. That let me back up through the smoke, identify it, and continue moving until I had a safe distance between it and me. The strike went off after four seconds while I stood by and watched, unharmed. That was in a BLR that moves <70 kph too.

I almost never get hit by strikes because I'm careful to keep moving and surveying the area around me. Avoiding strikes is just about one of the easiest things to do in this game. If you can't master that, then it's your own fault for getting your butt kicked by a weapon the warns you it's coming.

Here's some one-shotting

Over 800M, but he had 12 armour.

So? Nothing wrong with that. You got a lucky hit and killed an enemy with a Guass to the cockpit. The Lore is full of single-Gauss cockpit shots killing pilots, so why should a dual shot upset you?

Was it CT? Dunno, didn't look damaged to me.
You can see the paperdoll for a second, nearly 100% fresh, with the head missing.

So? Again, I don't see an issue. It's within the parameters of the Lore, and you really don't know how much armor he had on his head. He may have had 1 point or 18 points. If he had 15 points of armor or less, you could dual-shot him without crits. Your point?

Well, this was a one-shot on my part, but he wasn't exactly fresh.

If he's not fresh, then it defeats the purpose of the vid. Not even going to bother watching it then.

I'm sure Mr GGclose himself would LOVE to hear from you to torso twist and git gud
Or to mount more than 18 armour on his Whale's face.

Why not? It's not much good for anything else these days, post nerf. I'll never understand why players like you have such unreasonable hate for certain weapons.

Sheesh, you should be pleased PGI nerfed it so hard. If it was as powerful as it was in the Lore, then a single Gauss would be capable of gutting a Mech through its torso. If I recall correctly, I seem to remember that only Clans had Gauss during their initial invasion too.

Here, review this vid again:

That's a dual-Gauss KGC fighting my Zeus. Despite his dreaded Gauss, he couldn't dual-shot me and I killed him. That's more typical of what you see these days with Gauss Rifles. Lucky shots, like the ones in your vids, do happen, but they are few and far between. They're hardly worth fretting over. I was dual-Gauss through the cockpit last night for the first time since the New Year began. That's hardly problematic.

Frankly, Gauss doesn't need more nerfing. You should find other, more beneficial things to grief about and to whine over instead of this. You're wasting everyone's time as it is. Time to stop creating problems where there are none, and focus on fixing the problems that actually exist.

#225 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 08 April 2016 - 05:09 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 08 April 2016 - 04:56 PM, said:

Frankly, Gauss doesn't need more nerfing. You should find other, more beneficial things to grief about and to whine over instead of this. You're wasting everyone's time as it is. Time to stop creating problems where there are none, and focus on fixing the problems that actually exist.

So you say.

It doesn't sit right to me that the FLD weapons are so much better at Critting than anything else.

That is a problem, when you instantly lose one or more weapons the second you lose armour, because that FLD Crit advantage. At 200M, it's less powerful, but at 1KM plus? Because they still Crit for full damage at that range.

#226 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 April 2016 - 05:27 PM

<examples>

If you're getting headshots like that, you deserve them. I aim for headshots all the time and I think I only have maybe 40 total. It's hard to do, and I don't think it's a problem.

#227 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 08 April 2016 - 05:36 PM

View PostTarogato, on 08 April 2016 - 05:27 PM, said:

If you're getting headshots like that, you deserve them. I aim for headshots all the time and I think I only have maybe 40 total. It's hard to do, and I don't think it's a problem.

The Crits also apply to the torso (to, say, an AC20) past a KM, and the Gauss is easy to hit with at a KM.

#228 JigglyMoobs

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 06:30 PM

Today I put two perfectly aimed dual gauss shots on a Stalker's cockpit from about 700 m away. He still lived with tomato read cockpit.

Some how I am mad at Mcgral for this.

*SHAKES FIST*

#229 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 08 April 2016 - 06:36 PM

View PostJigglyMoobs, on 08 April 2016 - 06:30 PM, said:

Today I put two perfectly aimed dual gauss shots on a Stalker's cockpit from about 700 m away. He still lived with tomato read cockpit.

*SHAKES FIST*

Posted Image

#230 Hit the Deck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 08 April 2016 - 06:36 PM

I've said it before and I'd like to say it again: yes, I fully support headshotting with dual Gauss. Two melons made of nickel-iron alloy (said Stackpole) travelling at 2km/s should instantly kill any living thing hiding behind a layer of "ferro-glass".

Lore aside, headshotting is not that easy to do in my opinion despite what some people say (Mcgral18 et al.). This is of course based on my skill and the crit chance. If some people can do it consistently, then more power to them!

Edited by Hit the Deck, 08 April 2016 - 07:25 PM.

#231 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 08 April 2016 - 06:41 PM

View PostJigglyMoobs, on 08 April 2016 - 06:30 PM, said:

*SHAKES FIST*

Ah, but Moobs, the optimal range of the Gauss is only 660M.

Still a chance of dying with that 17-20% chance because of the extra 1.5 damage, but the falloff range for headshots is quick.

Praise be RNGeesus.

#232 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 07:06 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 08 April 2016 - 05:09 PM, said:

So you say.

It doesn't sit right to me that the FLD weapons are so much better at Critting than anything else.

That is a problem, when you instantly lose one or more weapons the second you lose armour, because that FLD Crit advantage. At 200M, it's less powerful, but at 1KM plus? Because they still Crit for full damage at that range.

Well then, that's a problem with non FLD weapons, meaning that they should get some crit buffs. That doesn't mean that you go rage and then try to tear down even further the most maligned weapon system in the game.

Edited by Nightmare1, 08 April 2016 - 07:08 PM.

#233 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 08 April 2016 - 07:18 PM

View PostHit the Deck, on 08 April 2016 - 06:36 PM, said:

I've said it before and I'd like to say it again: yes, I fully support headshotting with dual Gauss. Two melons made of nickel-iron alloy (said Stackpole) travelling at 2km/s should instantly kill any living thing hiding behind a layer of "ferro-glass".

Lore aside, headshotting is not that easy to do in my opinion despite some people say (Mcgral18 et al.). This is of course based on my skill and the crit chance. If some people can do it consistently, then more power to them!

seen more than enough of the non epeen swaggering Comps say headshotting ain't easy... and play against enough of them without getting headshot to not have an issue.

I still attest that 90% of headshot complaints are from people who strip head armor and park a lot (aka get arty killed).

If someone manages that 1 in 1000 matches shot, by intent or accident, more power to him, I'll ready up and go again.

How many people have their Headhunter achievement on here? I'd assume that everyone saying it's too easy have to have it long ago?

#234 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 07:21 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 08 April 2016 - 07:18 PM, said:

seen more than enough of the non epeen swaggering Comps say headshotting ain't easy... and play against enough of them without getting headshot to not have an issue.

I still attest that 90% of headshot complaints are from people who strip head armor and park a lot (aka get arty killed).

If someone manages that 1 in 1000 matches shot, by intent or accident, more power to him, I'll ready up and go again.

How many people have their Headhunter achievement on here? I'd assume that everyone saying it's too easy have to have it long ago?

Exactly.

#235 JigglyMoobs

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 10:30 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 08 April 2016 - 06:41 PM, said:

Ah, but Moobs, the optimal range of the Gauss is only 660M.

Still a chance of dying with that 17-20% chance because of the extra 1.5 damage, but the falloff range for headshots is quick.

Praise be RNGeesus.

Today I put a perfect dual Gauss shot in a Highlander iic cockpit. His head was tomato red, but a simultaneous airstrike from a teammate finished him on the spot.

How's THAT for Rngeesus, or, shall we say, RnJustice? :P

#236 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 10:35 PM

View PostJigglyMoobs, on 08 April 2016 - 10:30 PM, said:

Today I put a perfect dual Gauss shot in a Highlander iic cockpit. His head was tomato red, but a simultaneous airstrike from a teammate finished him on the spot.

How's THAT for Rngeesus, or, shall we say, RnJustice? Posted Image

sounds hilarious, lol.

We've been told, ALL Highlanders can only be killed by Decapitation now, sooooooooo................there can be only one?

Posted Image

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 08 April 2016 - 10:37 PM.

#237 Moldur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 10:37 PM

Oh if I had a penny for every-time I got one shot headshotted...

I would have 1 penny. Yup. Big problem we got here.

#238 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 10:38 PM

View PostMoldur, on 08 April 2016 - 10:37 PM, said:

Oh if I had a penny for every-time I got one shot headshotted...

I would have 1 penny. Yup. Big problem we got here.

Learn to Duck?

GOSH!

#239 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 08 April 2016 - 10:44 PM

View PostKristov Kerensky, on 28 June 2015 - 07:16 PM, said:

The 'fix' to this problem is to make crits work as they SHOULD, damage to armor is only to armor, no crits until you've removed all the armor

But then you would get the illogical situation where a Mech has only 1 point of armor left, gets hit by a 50 point alpha, and only loses 1 point of armor.

#240 JigglyMoobs

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 12:48 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 08 April 2016 - 10:35 PM, said:

sounds hilarious, lol.

We've been told, ALL Highlanders can only be killed by Decapitation now, sooooooooo................there can be only one?

Posted Image

LOL.

The Highlander pilot was very surprised. His valedictory was:

"Two consecutive headshots?!"

I had to pause in the midst of the fighting to tell him what happened. Almost got killed myself while typing my epeen. :D

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users