351 replies to this topic

#181 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 06:09 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 06 April 2016 - 03:13 PM, said:

None of those are instant kills, unless you take a high heat penalty from AC20s.

It's also the fact the Gauss is the best Crit weapon in the game. It WILL destroy whatever item it hits (AC20 the one exception, most of the time, at 18 HP) when it rolls a Crit.

Those features, alongside the ease of use, long range, and altogether good characteristics, I support the sub-1 CritDamMult.

35 points worth of AC is a one shot.

And who cares about ghost heat if you one shot someone?

#182 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 06:11 PM

yup sure do!

but i don't think they should hit exactly the same spot... I don't like the way the convergence works.. would like um to be like SRM's and make um auto spread.. aka one hits just to the right of the center, the other just to the left...

i think all weapons should do that though when fired at one time.

#183 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 06:37 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 06 April 2016 - 06:11 PM, said:

yup sure do!

but i don't think they should hit exactly the same spot... I don't like the way the convergence works.. would like um to be like SRM's and make um auto spread.. aka one hits just to the right of the center, the other just to the left...

i think all weapons should do that though when fired at one time.
Well, for ballistics, if you're paying attention, they're NOT always converging on the same point. Gauss are even more prone to NOT converge. If they did have this imagined "instant perfect convergence" everyone gets their panties in knots with, there'd be a LOT more headshots.

I'd be already be DONE with my 1000 headshots, instead of only 53% through 'em...

More often than not, instead of hitting the same spot they hit side by side, and when they do that 99% of the time, the hit detection marks it as a TORSO (or ST, depending on 'mech) hit.

LASERS are pretty much pin-point perfect 100% of the time unless some outside force is acting on you (like ground shake, strike, lrm/ballistc vibrations). Anyone saying every weapon has pin point perfect convergence, is NOT really paying attention and is being foolish.

#184 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 06:41 PM

I think ballistic do actually have pinpoint - its just that that point is set at the moment you pull the trigger, where lasers update per tick.

#185 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 06 April 2016 - 07:10 PM

View PostAresye, on 06 April 2016 - 06:06 PM, said:

Personally I feel PGI should INCREASE the size of the cockpit hitboxes.

I've been playing pretty regularly since closed beta, and I only have like 180 headshots to my name, most of them airstrikes finishing off a cockpit that was already down to internals.

Headshots are so freaking rare in this game, and damn near impossible to intentionally get against any players that are not 100% total noobs, that PGI either needs to increase the size of the hitboxes, or remove them entirely, along with removing the stupid achievements like Guillotine that would take a normal player an entire lifetime to achieve.

It's a first person shooter. Cockpit/headshots SHOULD at least be "feasible," and not just wasted damage.
It's in TT.
It's in the lore.
It's been in every other MW game.

Seriously, if anybody thinks headshots are an issue in this game, they need to actually TRY to get Guillotine. I absolutely guarantee that you will quickly realize how stupidly hard and next to impossible most cockpit shots are in this game.

yeah, pity that most people who go for those Achievements just milk it by headshooting AFks and other cheap crap.

#186 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 06 April 2016 - 07:31 PM

View PostDimento Graven, on 06 April 2016 - 06:37 PM, said:

Well, for ballistics, if you're paying attention, they're NOT always converging on the same point. Gauss are even more prone to NOT converge. If they did have this imagined "instant perfect convergence" everyone gets their panties in knots with, there'd be a LOT more headshots.

I'd be already be DONE with my 1000 headshots, instead of only 53% through 'em...

More often than not, instead of hitting the same spot they hit side by side, and when they do that 99% of the time, the hit detection marks it as a TORSO (or ST, depending on 'mech) hit.

LASERS are pretty much pin-point perfect 100% of the time unless some outside force is acting on you (like ground shake, strike, lrm/ballistc vibrations). Anyone saying every weapon has pin point perfect convergence, is NOT really paying attention and is being foolish.

Yep. I'd go so far as to say that those people also have never used arm-mounted Gauss or AC/20s. It doesn't take a pilot very long when piloting a Yen-Lo-Wang to realize that they don't actually have instant convergence with that arm cannon, lol.

#187 Aresye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 07:34 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 April 2016 - 07:10 PM, said:

yeah, pity that most people who go for those Achievements just milk it by headshooting AFks and other cheap crap.

I wouldn't really call that milking it, because that's literally the only feasible way to get that achievement before this game goes under.

Dimento's been trying to get it for what...2 freaking years? Just barely past the halfway point?

#188 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 07:36 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 April 2016 - 07:10 PM, said:

Here Bishop, balms to soothe your soul:

Few things scream, "Headshot me!" like an overheated Atlas! Posted Image

Also, for those in the thread, including the OP, that claim headshots are too easy, I offer this far more typical interpretation of the phenomenon:

Of course, none of those were with Gauss. They were all laser vomit headshots...

#189 Dr Cara Carcass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 643 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:29 AM

View PostDimento Graven, on 06 April 2016 - 06:37 PM, said:

HA! 53% Im closing in on you. The distance has been larger when you posted your 400th headshot. :)
My MWO games have a purpose now.

#190 Damia Savon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 608 posts
  • LocationMidwest, USA

Posted 07 April 2016 - 03:10 AM

LET"s STOP NERFING WEAPONS AND START BUFFING THE CRAPPY ONES.

Sheesh. Soon the small laser meta will be real because everything else will suck.

#191 Dr Cara Carcass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 643 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 03:43 AM

View PostCathy, on 06 April 2016 - 02:17 PM, said:

lol beat me to it, I just saw it was a necro post, Frankenstein is proud of you Cara !

Its alive!!!! Ahahahahahaha. Well, was accidentially. I was browsing for updates on hitboxes because yesterday i shot through a shot down mechs cockpit and killed the guy behind him.

#192 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 07 April 2016 - 04:15 AM

I don't support instagibbing however a mutually acceptable solution or workaround has yet to be discovered.

#193 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 07 April 2016 - 05:13 AM

View PostDamia Savon, on 07 April 2016 - 03:10 AM, said:

LET"s STOP NERFING WEAPONS AND START BUFFING THE CRAPPY ONES.

Sheesh. Soon the small laser meta will be real because everything else will suck.

Everyone wants to turn the game into Papercut Warrior: Online, so you are not far from right.

#194 Corrado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 817 posts
  • Locationfinale emilia, italy

Posted 07 April 2016 - 05:59 AM

i got beheaded like 5 times in 5 years. and i'm always speechless when that happens. kudos for who really knows how to aim.

#195 Romeo Deluxe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 449 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 07 April 2016 - 06:03 AM

A little bit off topic but been long wondering, Targetting Computer I good to throw in wherever you can? TC II, III?
Where does diminishing returns play in.

#196 Yosharian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 06:18 AM

I respect the amount of work you put into this, but for me I just don't get headshot that often. When it does happen I'm usually too impressed by the enemy pilot's skill (or luck) to get too angry, although it is a little annoying. Anyway it seems like a non-issue to me.

#197 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 06:58 AM

I'm in favor of debuffing all weapons to parity (not equal) and then rebuffing in small increments to balance where needed.

#198 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 07:03 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 April 2016 - 05:13 AM, said:

Everyone wants to turn the game into Papercut Warrior: Online, so you are not far from right.

If folks like the OP and LoreHammer had their way, we'd be reduced to PGI distributing manuals on how to throw rocks at each other.

...And half the pages in the manuals would be missing.

#199 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 07:04 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 07 April 2016 - 07:03 AM, said:

If folks like the OP and LoreHammer had their way, we'd be reduced to PGI distributing manuals on how to throw rocks at each other.

...And half the pages in the manuals would be missing.

Not hardly but think what you will.

#200 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 07:07 AM

View PostCD LoreHammer Lord, on 07 April 2016 - 07:04 AM, said:

Not hardly but think what you will.

Realistically, PGI would never do the second half of what you suggest and we'd wind up with just nerfed weapons, lol. Eventually, some would get buffed, but all we would get is a broken game.

Right now, the weapons are fine where they are and just need minor tweaks. No need to scrap the system and start over.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users